1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

C.S. Lewis

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:32 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
taixzo wrote:In 11,000 years, we are probably all either ancestors to all living humans or to none of them!

My current track leads to "none of them"

Me too, and I don't feel qualified to change this. My parents have a different perspective, of course.

I think not feeling qualified is one of the most important qualifications.

I remember that from Prince Caspian.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mrob27

IT'S OTTISHNESS ALL THE WAY DOWN

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:56 am UTC

Well, I've fallen way behind. I am trying to read this and it is pretty intimidating. So, Image

mrob's (I think) blindposter script removes all other posts from the preview page.

Unfortunately, it cannot affect the server logs. It is a user script, and merely "hides" the other posts after the page has been loaded, using JavaScript that runs in the browser. It can't avoid loading images unless you've already disabled image loading via some browser global setting.
  I think it could be modified to make the post preview load only the text that will become your post, just like the preview page that you get when you edit a post. That could be done by intercepting clicks to the "quote" and "post reply" links (just like it does now), but it would create an almost-blank post, submit it, and then immediately edit it; then you'd be in the edit-post mode where you don't see the other posts. Of course, the damage will have already been done, since it has to go though the initial preview step and the point of this idea was to prevent that page-load being noted by servers hosting images. So it seems pointless to even try to implement it. Also, I think such a script would be frowned on by the moderators, because it means people would see almost-empty posts during the time you're editing, and if you get ninja'd by another post whilst previewing/editing, and then decide to "cancel", the delete wouldn't work and your almost-empty post would remain.

(Edit: fix a typo)
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Code: Select all

"You mean, if the bot gets stuck?" asked Mrorl.
  "Sure," said Balthacarius. "We can't count on this metabot being able to respond to any and every strategy of the King. Our lives are on the line, after all."
  "Hmh--"
  "And don't say we can remote-control it. The King is sure to have us locked up in some basement while the hotdog is in progress, strapped to Inquisitory Chairs of Pelting. Our predecessors were no Cueballs, judging from the titles of those trophies, and look how they ended up. More than one of them, I'm sure, thought of metabots and remote control -- yet it failed. No, we can't expect to maintain communication during the hotdog."
  "Then why not use the Chronotransponder?" suggested Mrorl. "We could install temporal object generators--"
  "Chronotransponder indeed!" snorted Balthacarius. "And how are we going to get to it, let alone send it to the aforewhen or afterwhen? Even if you had brought the necessary equipment, I'm sure there are temporochronic stabilising shields around us even now, and certainly will be when it counts! We have to prepare the hotdog to be completely autonomous, and unpredictable even by us."
  "But how can we manage that, when they watch our every step? You've seen how the servants skulk about, rooting our organised sand, scanning the filesystem and process tables. We'll never be able to put anything into the hotdog that they don't know about!"
  "Calm down," said the sagacious Balthacarius, looking over his shoulder. "Perhaps we can make the hotdog design itself."

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1363

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:00 am UTC

IS IT CAN BE PUNGOAT TIEM NAO PLEES? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the oars?
Spoiler:
AluisioASG did.
(Megan is holding the boat so it doesn't float away.)
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

ChronosDragon

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:52 am UTC

,====, ==== ==.  .== ===,  ===  ===_  .===. ==
   ||   ||=  || || || ||=' || || ||=|| ||=|| ||
   ==   ==== ==    == ==    ===  == \\ == == ====|
                         _______
  ,==\\ == == ===,, ===.   // == == ==== ===. ====
  '===, || || ||=<  || |  //  || ||  ||  || | ||=
  //=='  ===  ==='' ===' //     =   ==== ===' ====
                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
ts: time elapsed since last post exceeds post timeout.
ts: in manual digest mode until automated systems come online.
ts: 80 posts parsed and commentated by user. Manual digest ready.
ts: entering post mode to convey digest...

[:..
Gotten some good work done on my tooling recently. HTML parsing is almost a go (ergman saw me working on that!) and once I have that, blitzposting will be a LOT easier. For now, manually commentary it is. So let's see what's on the next few pages.
..:]

Febrion wrote:It's also amazing that even though there are definite regulars here360, there are also new faces popping in still, as well as others returning from the basement. I don't visit enough to be a good chroniclersp, but all the data is here, so if someone was interested, and had more time than I1192, it would be easy to track the OTTers as if we were characters in a movie or something.657 We had some interesting meta-data manipulations in the past, maybe it's time for another one.1+1

Sounds like a fun project. *Scribbles on a list off-camera*

Eternal Density wrote:I found an interesting answer about introverts on Quora http://qr.ae/6Ke7y
Introverts get energy from within and lose energy when they have too much external stimulation. They recharge by removing or reducing external stimulation and by nurturing their own thoughts and feelings. Introverts are more likely to be shy, but not all of them and being shy is only a small part of being introverted.
Yes, so much this!

I'm skeptical of Quora. It seems like a more well-decorated Yahoo Answers, or maybe a stack overflow for real life? Seems way too Web 3.0, anyway. That being said, this seems to be pretty true. You could also make some interesting observations about how introverts are always seeking validation of the fact they are introverted...

Eternal Density wrote:XUYS
http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/01/07/t ... has-played
It happened! :D

Wow, an OTTERfication got picked up by IGN! That's awesome! Have to say, I think I second the sentiments about the menu setup, but the author apparently missed the fact that the typos are intentional...

BlitzGirl wrote:I think it's getting more attention. The Myers-Briggs test and discussion of what the categories meant, including introvert/extrovert, became part of my high school curriculum shortly before I started attending in 2004. It was covered again in one of my university introductory classes. So my cohorts and I at least learned about it. I do tend to agree that much of the US seems to cater to extroverts, but hey, I'm an introvert too so I may be biased. :wink: Love the meowlpy version of the explanation, mrob.

I learned about all these things in my Psychology class in high school, but I knew about introversion/extroversion long before that. I guess because I'm a pretty strong introvert, and so is my older sisterwait what I have family?, it probably came up a lot.

BlitzGirl wrote:Two worlds are better than one because then you have a control group.

And 7,536,917,422,181 are better than two.

Querying user...
Timeout: no more user commentary found.
Overriding digest page number minimum (min: 3, got: 2).

ts: Return to command mode
ts: Resume full reparse at p2201#0...

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1365

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

ORCARAPTORS ARE THE UNGS OF THE SPARROW-RAPTOR -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… what Ms. Frizzle means?

mrob27

BRACE YOURSELF, ANTEPENGOAT IS COMING

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

A little more cat soup Image

Should we discuss the Conference's logs? Some are despairing that these shall ever get published. […]
  Yes, mrob was working on it. […]
  I think, it would be a good idea to ask him about the progress, Anf if he needs any more help. […]

The IRC was almost entirely saved, just like recording_all_this recently did. I got a bunch of people to help me proof-read this IRC text for things that would compromise privacy if the IRC were seen alongside the video. I wanted to also read through it myself, which I still haven't done. Of course, IP addresses are to be deleted, plus any message not typed by one of the people who we got explicit permission from. Then we have to decide where to actually put it and how to protect it (i.e. private URL that is communicated via a somewhat obscure method, like giving clues in OTTish which you the reader have to un-OTTify to reveal the true URL.)
  Right now I'm feeling pressured by bOTTeriada — If I don't write the next story within a few dips, the queue will reach the critical point at which the ONG bits start ONGing more slowly :(

I also came with my own beanie. The one you can see in the timetravel film.

I will continue to tell everyone that the balthabeanie appeared in the film after having travelled back in Time from the OTTercon… or from Time itself…

ggh wrote:mrob, you were looking for wordplay via kerning. I have none, but I do giggle when I see a TO LET sign that due to weathering or folding appears to say "toilet". And vice versa.

If you see "/TO[I ]LET/", then you know it's a water closet that is owned by a UNIX nerd and is being offered for rent.
if I haven't told you yet how steakish I think the OTTsford Molpish Dictionary is, I do so now.

Regular expressions reveal that you have Image but thank you, and remember to suggest things to add…

— mrob27 Image

(Edit: fix the regex)
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

username5243

Postby username5243 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:35 pm UTC

I've been away, mostly playing games in the fora. But now I'm back!

I just reached the end of the first day (frame 48). They are now anticipating each new frame, though some people think it will loop.

Now to read all the posts made on 3-26-2013...
This is a signature, in case you didn't notice.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2509

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:10 pm UTC

CAPPUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MY LITTLE TRANSLATEOUNG: HABERDASHERY IS WOWTERFUL

-- posted by oldpixbot

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1366

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

AFRO AND CUEGANZZLE CREATE MOLPOSSUM IN LAB: "THE TRICK WAS E:E:EUNG!" -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… what Megan means?
Spoiler:
BrokenBean and Ms. Frizzle didn't.
… the molpy?
Spoiler:
The background of this frame is Epilogue Frame C, featuring a molpy.

username5243

Postby username5243 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:54 pm UTC

I'm on page 24, and there's this bit that appears to have been added much later:

SBN wrote:~~~~ Warning to Blitzers, there is an unspoilered current frame image on page 25 and another on page 41 ~~~~~

What does this mean? What's an "unspoilered current frame"?

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1367

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

THIS MAY BE A BIT MUSTARDY, BUT... IF SOMEONE'S NEWPIX SUDDENLY CH*RPED, HOW LUNG WOULD THEY MUSTARD? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… what BrokenBean means?… the RELEVANT frame?

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:02 pm UTC

username5243 wrote:What's an "unspoilered current frame"?
If you linked to http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png instead of the image hash (such as http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/18221034234d28af3ee888d6de232e80341848145dbe2cdb19d594df914508d2.png) when posting the ONG then the image updated along with the comic. So if you're reading along later, it shows the most recent "current frame" as opposed to the next-in-sequence, which might mess up the story for you.
He/Him/His Image

username5243

Postby username5243 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:08 pm UTC

Ah thanks.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:48 pm UTC

HES wrote:
username5243 wrote:What's an "unspoilered current frame"?
If you linked to http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png instead of the image hash (such as http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/182210 ... 4508d2.png) when posting the ONG then the image updated along with the comic. So if you're reading along later, it shows the most recent "current frame" as opposed to the next-in-sequence, which might mess up the story for you.
username5243 wrote:Ah thanks.

Looks like page 25 got fixed somewhere along the line, but 41 is still *ndish.

And, HES... Nothing messes up Time itself, just the experience of it... Go pelt yourself with chocolate.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Time Revisited - np2515

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:10 pm UTC

CHEATUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Whizbang.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I'LL GIVE YOO A TOAPIC... THE DUNEJUMPISH PRICKLY EPILOGUE WAS NEITHER DUNEJUMPISH NOR PRICKLY NOR AN EPILOGUE. DISCUSS.

-- posted by oldpixbot

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1368

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 am UTC

I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO TAIXZO FOR STEALUNG RIBBITS AS IT IS A CRIME -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the SilentONGs?
Spoiler:
… Bunny?
Spoiler:
… what Cueball is doing?
Spoiler:
He's grabbing the flag of the raftcastle.

Eternal Density

WHAT THE CH*RP? YOU ARE EQUIMOLPY. AND UNGLISH

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:05 am UTC

Now Live:
The Game of Time. Version 3.667 Enough Mustard for a Sandwich

LuminousKeyboards has made a changelog so I'm awaiting him posting it to Reddit, and I'll copy it here when I notice/remember.
ETA here it is. Thanks, LuminousKeyboards! And to all the other contributors.

At long last, here it is. This is an incremental (haha) update before Wyverns, nothing super major but there are a few new boosts and a few changes and improvements to the existing code.
    uristqwerty:
Fixed the bug that made some logicats invisible
    stormrunnerz:
Decrease processing time for each mNP when using favorites
    dfriedenbach:
Doublepost stats show progress towards next boost.
Add Safety Net counter to Doublepost description.
Safety Net power persists through Molpy Down.
    Pikrass:
Fix a typo on Between the Cracks' description
Fix glass saw's description about the number of blocks created
    LuminousLeopards:
Changes to Dragon hide times
Added a variance to Find probability/surviving fights based on attack/defense
Changed Zookeeper's operation to a function
CDSP / Panther Rush level clarification
Check for 0 tools when destroying/building Castles
Added a limit to This Sucks if WIWTMP > 8 that prevents QQs from being zeroed out.
Fix borked QQ and FC divisors on previous fix
New boost Annilment
New boost Robotic Hatcher
New boost Shadow Coda
New boost Ventus Vehemens
The variance mentioned above won't be too pronounced unless you have a pronounced difference in atk vs def (it's 11% per order of magnitude, capped at 66%). Basically if your attack is higher than your defense, you have a better chance to get rewards from winning fights, and if your defense is higher than your attack, you have a better chance of not losing quite so badly (losing with dignity vs being totally wiped out, or winning a hard fight and losing a dragon instead of losing with dignity).
If you're already at the Wyrm level, you will notice that hide times have increased. The boost Ventus Vehemens should make it so that you can earn effectively the same amount of resources per NP, but it costs Vacuum to un.
There will likely be some bugs--let me know if you find something.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

mrob27

LISTEN, DON'T MENTION THE PANTHER SALVE!

Postby mrob27 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:20 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:OTTerCönnchen became "otterc" in the mr*bdex.

@balthasar_s also PM'd me and I (think I) fixed it… but only by changing "ö" to "o". I also do similar things with a few other characters.

TLA wrote:Can you tell me again what you're both using to do the remaps? I'm feeling undertooled.

If you want more, there's also my png-csum-fix.c, which in addition to repairing checksums allows changes to colour tables. Compile as instructed in its header comment; use "—help" argument for instructions.

S13r wrote:“To Blitz” means “to read it all”. See the Wiki.
Or…
The OTTish Department at Newpixia Molpiversity wrote: blitz : v. 1. To read the entire OTT. (In early usage capitalised Blitz)
 … I proclaim Blitzgirl … the rank of Red Spiders Eyes … (@Caswallon, OTT:314:32) -/- Can you add to the Blitzer's titles "Reader" - I'm partial to stating the obvious … (@Exodies, OTT:315:20)
 2. To read the entirety of some other large body of work.
 Also, exploding kittens. xkcdsw image (@azule, OTT:423:24) -/- What? An XKCD fan comic? / Well, there goes the rest of my night. Gotta Blitz this thing. (@ChronosDragon, OTT:423:26)
 n. 1. The act of consuming all of some large body of creative work.
 Oh damn, am I going to have to go re-read 42 What-Ifs now? But I need coma! :? (@KarMann, OTT:390:16) -/- I finished my mini-Blitz this afternoon (MST/PDT). (@KarMann, OTT:395:21)
 I take the time in days between updates and the number of pages (blitz and new) per update to find the rate of blitz/new pages per day … (@SPACKlick, OTT:398:11)
 both the thread and Blitzgirl's blitz are in danger of emminent destruction! (@ChronosDragon, OTT:403:29)
 blitz (plural blitzes) … A spontaneous, extended effort to read through the entirety of a piece of media, esp. a forum thread (@ChronosDragon's signature, as reported by @BlitzGirl, OTT:438:22)

2. A nickname for BlitzGirl.
 Dig in, everybody - I can't eat all of these delicious baked goods by myself! (@BlitzGirl, OTT:444:0) -/- Thanks Blitz! *eats some bagles* (@Jonas79, OTT:444:16)
 interj. A mild expletive.
 The posting rate is so high I can't get my post to submit. For Blitz sake (@edo, OTT:412:28)
 DERIVATIVES
 blitzer n.

I'm sure there are more definitions, but I research all words starting with blitz together, there's a lot to go through and so far have reached only NP 462.

Thank you @balthasar_s, for all the explanations about characters and other things in bftf Image

AluisioASG wrote:Check out molpishness#2 in the OMD.

Right now there are labels like l_m providing a way to link to individual letters. Words don't have their own labels yet (except molpy). I'm going to break it into pages eventually, and I have to decide where to put the breaks. When that happens the links will change, but then I won't change it any more. Then it will make sense to add labels for each word.

lmjb1964 wrote:Baobabs, so much molpishness lately! I mean, there's always molpishness here, but recently it's been much of a muchness.

or molp of a molpiness?

— mrob27 Image

mrob27

IT'S TREEISHNESS ALL THE WAY DOWN

Postby mrob27 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:14 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Some said the 'B' in BFTF stands for "bicycles".
It does not.
So what does bftf stand for?

I'll probably never get past "Balthasar from the future" because that was the first RELATED acronym you gave, and a seemingly perfect fit. Of course, regular expressions find dozens of matches in the OTT…

My xkcd 207 bftfification is forthcoming…
Spoiler:

— mrob27 Image

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1369

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:00 am UTC

COULD AN (AWEFULSOME) RAPTOR (WITH RECKONUNG) BE SPOILERED TO A CAVEISH POINT IN THE AFOREWHEN WHERE IT WOULD ONLY NEED A DUNEISH SHIPCASTLE TO GET TO ZANCLEAN SUSTAINABILITY? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the Beanish?… the drawing?
Spoiler:
The first mountain on this island has a double peak and is slightly higher than the second one.

mrob27

What bftf Stands For

Postby mrob27 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:02 am UTC

It means posting from the future to OTTers in the present
with ketchup in your posts, pretending you're posting from the past.

Spoiler:
bftf-0207-b.png
baltification of xkcd 207

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:22 am UTC

Steakish OTThercomic_s4, mrob!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:37 am UTC

Brilliant BFTFication, mrob :mrgreen:
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:45 am UTC

I couldn't have done it better.
mrob27 wrote:Of course, regular expressions find dozens of matches in the OTT…
I wonder what they found.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:52 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Awesomefull OTTification of 207!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time Revisited - np2524

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:10 am UTC

WRITUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:"I WANT THE erOTTicity!"/"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE erOTTicity!"

-- posted by oldpixbot

Sustainabilizer

Re: What bftf Stands For

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:22 am UTC

I'm redundant.
Spoiler:
@mrob27: Image
Baobabs. Steakish. Awesomeful.
ETA: However in German „ö“ and „o“ are very different. If necessary „oe“ is a valid substitute for „ö“, but just „o“ isn't.

Even more redundant:
Spoiler:
@balthasar_s:
BFTF: BFTFish. Image
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

Eternal Density

We're all GLR_s.

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:50 am UTC

Steakish, mrob_s.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1370

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:00 am UTC

HOW CLOSE WOULD YOU HAVE TO BE TO A SUPERBAG TO GET A WUNGISH DOSE OF POPERAPTOR PANTHER SALVE? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the drawing?
Spoiler:
On the left Cueball draws himself, Megan, two tents, one adult Cueganite and two children. On the right there's the bluecave. Since he isn't sure that his drawing will be recognised he says “cave”, knowing that Ms. Frizzle understands this word.

HES

Re: IT'S TREEISHNESS ALL THE WAY DOWN

Postby HES » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:02 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Spoiler:

*click*

*click click click*

*click click click click click click click click*

For some reason on my HFFS-TA spoiler buttons don't switch to say "hide". Which makes empty spoilers even more confusing.
He/Him/His Image

username5243

Postby username5243 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:39 am UTC

Yeah, the seventh post on page 25 (as pointed out by another warning) has an edit date of March 8, 2014. Probably the guy who wrote it noticed the complaints and fixed it.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1371

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

I'M GOUNG TO HOTDOG THIS POPE, AND BY 'HOTDOG' I MEAN 'NINJA', AND BY 'THIS POPE' I MEAN 'MOLPIDILLOES'. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the drawing?
Spoiler:
Cueball draws a boat which takes the five Cueganites away from the island² with the bluecave.
… the Beanish?
Spoiler:

svenman

Postby svenman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:39 pm UTC

New othercomic. The GLR tells us about another one of his hobbies again.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

mscha

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1369

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:42 pm UTC

ongomome wrote:COULD AN (AWEFULSOME) RAPTOR (WITH RECKONUNG) BE SPOILERED TO A CAVEISH POINT IN THE AFOREWHEN WHERE IT WOULD ONLY NEED A DUNEISH SHIPCASTLE TO GET TO ZANCLEAN SUSTAINABILITY?

No.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ergman

it only adds up to 34, whereas xkcd is 42

Postby ergman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:02 pm UTC

hi mscha!

molpish BFTFification!

maybe bftf is like the xkcd meaning, where it's just a collection of unpronounceable things. I've never understood phonetics, so I can't check.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Time Revisited - np2533

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:10 pm UTC

SPRUNGHALT...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:YOUR ONG'S BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD

-- posted by oldpixbot

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1372

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

THESE AREN'T THE YIPS YOU'RE UNBASEMENTUNG FOR -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the absence of wolpies?… La Petite?
Spoiler:
Megball did. ImageImage
(They are befuddled. They didn't expect her to speak Beanish.)

taixzo

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1368

Postby taixzo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:33 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO TAIXZO FOR STEALUNG RIBBITS AS IT IS A CRIME -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the SilentONGs?
Spoiler:
… Bunny?
Spoiler:
… what Cueball is doing?
Spoiler:
He's grabbing the flag of the raftcastle.

*accepts position as Chief of Ribbit Police*

On another topic, I had a dream last night that I was visiting Germany and there happened to be a third OTTer Meetup in Bochum (I'd missed a second one somehow). There was a buffet table and Balthasar_s was trying to illustrate BFTF on rolls that he had stuck to the wall with butter, but the butter didn't stick very well and they kept falling off.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:11 pm UTC

Who did you buy that butter from!?
He/Him/His Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”