1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

svenman

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby svenman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:55 pm UTC

Hi addams, nice to see you!

I may post very little lately, but I've been sticking around. Does it already count as basementing when you keep following the thread?

I think the latest What-If hasn't been linked to in the OTT yet. Edit 2: It has been in just the previous post, Sustainabilizer had just hidden it in plain sight by putting it within a quote. :oops:

Edit: Whoops, poped. Decree: If you are an OTTer reading this and haven't made a post in a long while, let us know you're still around.
Last edited by svenman on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:45 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

Rosewinsall

Postby Rosewinsall » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:56 pm UTC

I'm still alive.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:10 pm UTC

Apparently I haven't posted in a month. I've been reading alONG the whole time, though.

Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

AAQMAhEeAQkUAgwkAhgmCyQrBBg6EB9OBxpDEyRXGy9wIDZ7HTJ0GCtnJDyIAAE9AARBLUmiGzBuEiotKEKUGDAvDyFSByYzDjE6HktSDTVCHUNGI05RGj1CGDY5JUhHKlVVEi0yLmJkK11hM1xVH0A-OGhkNm9xL2BfIT47LFJMI0E+OWNbPnFrPHRzECFPMlZNSH1yRnVoQW5iTIJ1WJSDQWtdVId2T4BuUYJvUH9tUo6CW5J-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!

Now did the tree fall on their seismograph or is it in front of it?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:28 pm UTC

A lot of unbasementing! Yaay!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:38 pm UTC

Hi, addams! Welcome forward!

And welcome forward, Pfhorrest, too. I hope that you'll find your way to escape our presence, the ONGoing prequel :?: to Time, my sequel to Time, and all the other stories which keep the spirit of Time alive, and other things.

svenman wrote:I may post very little lately, but I've been sticking around. Does it already count as basementing when you keep following the thread?

No.

svenman wrote:I think the latest What-If hasn't been linked to in the OTT yet.

It has.

svenman wrote:Edit: Whoops, poped. Decree: If you are an OTTer reading this and haven't made a post in a long while, let us know you're still around.

Followed.

Image Hey, I did post here.
Image Yeah. I spoke just for myself.
Image Okay, then. Image

ETA:
balthasar_s wrote:SilentTimer has 1111111111 posts.
Yeah! :)
Thanks for the binary cake, June Bug! Image (Nomnom…)
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:37 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Are those tiles magnetic?
I just imagined:
... the dam built of ggh's magnets.

ggh, how many magnets did you order?

ETA:
SecondTalon wrote:Yes.
Unlike Belial, I'm at least going to warn you of the monkey's paw that you're playing with here.
I don't understand this. Has my English failed me?
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:53 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
Unlike Belial, I'm at least going to warn you of the monkey's paw that you're playing with here.

I pretty much doubt that this will help you, but I think it is similar to the german or rather austrian saying: "Rüttle nicht am Watschenbaum, es reift die Frucht, du merkst es kaum!"

Also: Welcome back addams, svenman and Rosewinsall.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:29 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
New, RELATED What-If wrote:“down a rabbit hole”
“But wait”
Also, it's RELATED to theodolites.

ETA: The structure below the falling tree doesn't look like normal soil. What is it? (It looked epsilonish from the first moment.)

I've been wondering all along what's happening at the root of that tree. Epsilon indeed.

svenman wrote:Hi addams, nice to see you!

I may post very little lately, but I've been sticking around. Does it already count as basementing when you keep following the thread?

I think the latest What-If hasn't been linked to in the OTT yet.

Edit: Whoops, poped. Decree: If you are an OTTer reading this and haven't made a post in a long while, let us know you're still around.

Hi, svenman, nice to see you! No, that's definitely not the basement. You might have wandered into the shed, but it's much easier to get out of than the basement. :)

ETA for got to say hi to Rosewinsall! Great to see you too!

balthasar_s wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Are those tiles magnetic?
I just imagined:
... the dam built of ggh's magnets.

ggh, how many magnets did you order?

:azule:

Speaking of sheds and basements, ggh was looking for her torch on the last page. I thought maybe she was lost in either the shed or the basement. I wasn't sure which kind of torch she wanted, so here are a couple:

balthasar_s wrote:ETA:

I assumed it was a reference to the story of the monkey's paw that will grant you three wishes, but only at a terrible cost. I wasn't quite sure how to interpret it in this instance, though.

Ever so redundant:
Spoiler:
torch1.jpg
torch1.jpg (1.89 KiB) Viewed 11110 times

torch2.jpg
torch2.jpg (5.59 KiB) Viewed 11110 times

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:42 pm UTC

I continue to stand in the doorway at the top of the stairs to the basement, watching and enjoying and not saying much. There is much to appreciate, wonder at, laugh at, ponder, speculate about, and feel warm fuzzies about ... which is why I am still here after nearly 3 yips.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:58 pm UTC

And we're glad you're still here! But do be careful at the top of those stairs. It's a little slippery there (or slippy, as we say in Pittsburgh).

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

Semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice is a Vital Hotdog Funciton

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:00 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic, title RELATED.

Wow. Any possible reply I could make on that thread is too :azule: and too RELATED for any non-OTTer to understand.

ETA recent from Hallucinations of a Time Accessor:
How to make my posts ain't a books of the point. That's not the molpies. That was the basement...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mrob27

MAXIMUM ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅNESS YIELDS MAXIMUM SHENANOBOTS

Postby mrob27 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:24 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Actually, Chrome's console also does $ but in a slightly different way to what jQuery does, so that was a weird hybrid approach which definitely doesn't work in TamperMonkey. But the new version I've edited into my post does work, by requiring jQuery :P

Thank you — that's clearly the best way to do it.
  I had to modify your script in several ways:
  • The "@match" line did not work as you gave it, I had to put a "*" at the end.
  • I also added "@include" lines because I've found that sometimes userscripts use one, and sometimes the other. @match is apparently used by Chrome userscripts, which suggests you use Chrome, so how did you get it to work? O_o
  • I also added lines matching "fora.xkcd.com" and "forums.xkcd.com"
Result:

// ==UserScript==
 // @name         Hide thread 101043 in IXCT list page
 // @namespace    http://mrob.com/time/scripts-beta
 // @version      0.1
 // @description  Hide thread 101043 in IXCT list page
 // @author       Eternal Density, Robert Munafo
 // @include      http://forums.xkcd.com/viewforum.php?f=7*
 // @include      http://fora.xkcd.com/viewforum.php?f=7*
 // @include      http://echochamber.me/viewforum.php?f=7*
 // @match        http://forums.xkcd.com/viewforum.php?f=7*
 // @match        http://fora.xkcd.com/viewforum.php?f=7*
 // @match        http://echochamber.me/viewforum.php?f=7*
 // @grant        none
 // @require      http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js
 // ==/UserScript==
 /* jshint -W097 */
 'use strict';
 $('a[href="./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043"]').parent().parent().parent().hide();

Neil_Boekend wrote:Nanobots? Magic? Pixies?

I'm going for all three.

Pforrest wrote:ED's userscript solution turned out not so well for me because it still leaves the thread marked as unread, so when I look at IXCT it looks like there are things to be read in there

If you can explain more precisely what you mean by this, I can probably fix it.
  • How does "I look at IXCT" differ from "looking at this page?"
  • If that's what you're doing, then what do you see that would suggest "there are things to be read in there"? There is no statistic reporting the number of unread threads, nor an option to show only unread topics.
  • Are you in fact talking about this page? The userscript takes no action on that page. Have you actually read all of the 1628 other topics in the IXCT forum :shock: ?

Sustainabilizer wrote:New, RELATED What-If

Treeish.
The first law of temporodynamics states
that shenanobots must not flame or, through inaction,
increase the sum total of mustard in all places and times.

The second law of temporodynamics states
that a shenanobot must Wait for it,
unless such Waiting conflicts with the First Law.

mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

karhell

Re: MAXIMUM ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅNESS YIELDS MAXIMUM SHENANOBOTS

Postby karhell » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:18 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Pforrest wrote:ED's userscript solution turned out not so well for me because it still leaves the thread marked as unread, so when I look at IXCT it looks like there are things to be read in there

If you can explain more precisely what you mean by this, I can probably fix it.
  • How does "I look at IXCT" differ from "looking at this page?"
  • If that's what you're doing, then what do you see that would suggest "there are things to be read in there"? There is no statistic reporting the number of unread threads, nor an option to show only unread topics.
  • Are you in fact talking about this page? The userscript takes no action on that page. Have you actually read all of the 1628 other topics in the IXCT forum :shock: ?

I suspect Pforrest meant the index page where the subforum icon appears red (or another colour for those who messed around with custom stylesheets) when there are unread topics within. This is why I initially wanted to load the offending threads in order to mark them as "read".
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0704

Postby mscha » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:30 am UTC

OCTONGENARIES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAQMAQkVAhgmAhEeAgwkAxg5CyQrAAE9AAJAEistGDEvBRlBEB9OEyRZHTN4IjmGKkWeGy9xGCtoByYzDjE6HUNGDTZCGDY5Ik5SHktSGT1CEi4yKlVVH0A-LmJlKl1hM25xJUlHL2BfLFJMOnV0I0I+RXxzM1tUIT47PXFrOGlkSYaAOGRbMVZNRXVoTIN3Qm5iT4FvVIh2QWxeW5F+WpSCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

StormAngel

There is no 'tin' in 'France'

Postby StormAngel » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:06 am UTC

Welcome back DrSamCarter! And Addams!! And all our other otter friends :D

*waves again*
Spoiler:
<Typical typo misunderstanding in the OTTerCon Chat>

lmjb1964 wrote:And we're glad you're still here! But do be careful at the top of those stairs. It's a little slippery there (or slippy, as we say in Pittsburgh).

If you do venture away from the stairs, watch out for trapdoors - you never know where (or when) they may lead!

The one yip OTTer Conference Anniversary (OttConVersary) begins tomorrONG! Friday 12th, for those of you uncertain about Timezones.
Wait for it ...
Spoiler:
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:13 am UTC

For Decree:
Hi.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

mrob27

#WOLPYMOLPYBAOBABBY

Postby mrob27 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 am UTC

karhell wrote:I suspect Pforrest meant the index page where the subforum icon appears red (or another colour for those who messed around with custom stylesheets) when there are unread topics within. This is why I initially wanted to load the offending threads in order to mark them as "read".

Okay, yes, that makes sense.
  The fix would have to involve some kind of XMLHttpRequest or GM_xmlhttpRequest call to a URL that loads the last page in this thread (like this) but making sure to use the same hostname so you're logged in. It might also need to pass the SID, if any. (You shouldn't need to actually create a window or anything like that, I doubt it's doing anything more complex than simply noticing that you are loading the page; but the transaction definitely needs to be able to get your login cookie to know it's you.)
  For me, that index page is almost always completely red (except for the deprecated "News" forum near the bottom). I just checked — at 10:48 UTC on 2016 Feb 11, there are 14 forums listed there that have a post on "Feb 11, 2016", and only 13 that give an older date for their recentmost post. So you have to really have a lot of time on your hands to be looking at the XKCD fora often enough to be able to keep those icons blue. But I assume that's the use case we're addressing, and the reason for the frustration and complaints (which have happened several times over the past few years).

I am also wondering why this thread can't be moved somewhere that is deemed more appropriate for an ongoing community, like General. I mean moving the actual thread, so all 2400+ pages remain intact, not any kind of splitting, which would be laborious and painful. Our ongoing comics based on Time are fan-generated and inspired by xkcd, much like xkcdsw which is in General.
  It was explained a year or two ago that if a thread gets moved, all the links will work for the same reason that this link works (the f field is wrong but the server ignores it if there is a t).
  Once moved, a single-post thread could be added to the IXCT forum that explains the situation and points people to the (moved) Time thread. That pointer would be locked so people would have to come here in order to comment or ask questions about Time.

karhell

Re: #WOLPYMOLPYBAOBABBY

Postby karhell » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:21 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:I am also wondering why this thread can't be moved somewhere that is deemed more appropriate for an ongoing community, like General. I mean moving the actual thread, so all 2400+ pages remain intact, not any kind of splitting, which would be laborious and painful. Our ongoing comics based on Time are fan-generated and inspired by xkcd, much like xkcdsw which is in General.
  It was explained a year or two ago that if a thread gets moved, all the links will work for the same reason that this link works (the f field is wrong but the server ignores it if there is a t).
  Once moved, a single-post thread could be added to the IXCT forum that explains the situation and points people to the (moved) Time thread. That pointer would be locked so people would have to come here in order to comment or ask questions about Time.

IIRC, davean came out at some point saying that the OTT is so large the transaction would likely crash the server. I'll try to find the actual quote.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mrob27

LOOK ON MY PUNSAWS, YE VARBAL, AND DOODLE FURIOUSLY!

Postby mrob27 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 pm UTC

Oh, yeah I think I remember something like that too. I'd have it archived, as I archived the Madness-related discussions, and the discussion I remember was one of them. There aren't many davéan posts so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

ETA: ONG (SHRDLU) Image
Time After Time: t-1_0705
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0705 at 20160211 12:27:46 UTC = newpix 25401.46
MY FLUTTERBEE ONGGETH OVER
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAQMAQkVAhEeAg0lAhgmBBg3CyQrEistEB9MAAJAFCVYESBOGCtlAAE9GzBsHTN0IDh+FzAvBRlBByczDjE5GT1CDDRCBi5AEi4yHUNGKlZVHkpSGDY5Kl1iIUZiLmJlIk1SH0A-L2BfJUlHNG5xID9AOGlkLFJNM1xVIkE+PHVzPnFrHkZ4OGNbRXxzIT47RHVpTIJ2MVZNUYJvQWteUod2QW5iWpF9ZKKNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
— lovingly converted from RHTF by makepost

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:33 pm UTC

Closest quote I could find for now :
SecondTalon wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:About the moving of Time to a separate subforum: wouldn't that crash or temporarily disable the forum? Due to the nature of PHPBB?

Yes.

It would.

HES

Postby HES » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:34 pm UTC

I was under the impression that they tried, and it did.
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:53 pm UTC

Closest I know is an eerily similar looking event during a mod madness last yip or the yip before that. Rumor has it a drunk mod tried to move a massive topic, taking down the servers for several hours, but many of the details are a mystery to me.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mrob27

ONE OTTSCARS DOES NOT A CHIRPY MAKE

Postby mrob27 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:59 pm UTC

karhell wrote:Closest quote I could find for now […]

Yep, that must be it. This post, and I think especially this one also address the unique situation of the OTT. I'm ashamed I don't remember it better (but it seems I was gone for a while so maybe I never read any of it?)

Neil_Boekend wrote:Closest I know is an eerily similar looking event during a mod madness last yip or the yip before that. Rumor has it a drunk mod tried to move a massive topic, taking down the servers for several hours, but many of the details are a mystery to me.

Oh, that would explain why the only davéan post I could find was asking if tequila comes in pallets.
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2321

Postby mscha » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:00 pm UTC

HYDRONGEACEAE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by NoMouse.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MOLPYING ABOUT IS JUST SO LAST YIP

-- posted by randompixbot

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:44 pm UTC

Still here, back in the basement - just got back from a long business trip (not quite two weeks, but stressful enough to feel like 2 months), so I couldn't even follow the OTT during that time (I consider that the sub-basement) Just caught up on everything I've missed, and following the decree for now until I have time for a better response to all I've seen.

p.p.s. Hi everyone! Good to see more familiar names returned, and more new ONGs too!
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:12 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:(I consider that the sub-basement)

Wouldn't that be the super-basement?
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!

HES

Batman vs Superbasement

Postby HES » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:54 pm UTC

Does it depend what you're modifying? Sub-(basement) vs (super-base)ment?
He/Him/His Image

Sciscitor

Re: Batman vs Superbasement

Postby Sciscitor » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:03 pm UTC

HES wrote:Does it depend what you're modifying? Sub-(basement) vs (super-base)ment?

What is a 'ment'? :shock:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0706

Postby mscha » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 pm UTC

SOLDERONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AQkVAAQMAhEeAhgmAgskCyQrEistAAE9Axk4AAFADyVqBxpDEB9NEiRXGCtmGzBtEB9QHTJ1IzqFKUSYCCczDjE5HUNHKl1hDjVCH1BZEi4yHkpSGDY5GT1CIk5SDCBOKlVVJEhHLWJlH0A-NW9yLFJNL2JfFzAvMlxVIkE+ID47OnRzRXxyOGlkPXFsOGNbMVZORXVpTYJ1QW5iUoh4QWteZqaRZKGLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Re: Batman vs Superbasement

Postby HES » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:35 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:What is a 'ment'? :shock:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-ment#English
He/Him/His Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:03 pm UTC

I don't think that's what he meant.

Hey, people obeyed the decree! Always nice to see familiar faces crop up again, even if they're yelling at us to die. :P

I too am proud of how everyone is trying to help. You'd think there'd be some feature to "unsubscribe" from a thread. And I do wonder whether a pilgrimage to some other section of the forum might be in order. At the very least, it would make for some interesting OTT lore. The Great Redirecting!

These ONGs continue to be hard to parse. I'll just follow the first commandment and all will be clear in time.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Pfhorrest

Re: MAXIMUM ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅNESS YIELDS MAXIMUM SHENANOBOTS

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:28 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:[*]Are you in fact talking about this page? The userscript takes no action on that page. Have you actually read all of the 1628 other topics in the IXCT forum :shock: ?[/list]

That, and the main page of the forum, and yes I have all other threads marked read, whether I actually read through them all or not, specifically so I can use the unread-post-notification functionality.

Also, though it's trivial to modify ED's script to fix this part, the thread shows up under "View My Posts" too if it's only set to filter the IXCT page. When getting it working before, I set it to filter the entire forum, and that gets rid of that problem, but not the aforementioned.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:06 pm UTC

New surprise othercomic, about waves (but not in the sea1).

1big.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Heresy"

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:07 pm UTC

Theoretically we could start a new thread and link to it from the end of this one, and slter all the bots to use the new one.
But then there would be two true threads, or one slightlybless true thread.
Also, wherever we are would mess up some subforum's unread post flag. That's unavoidable.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0707

Postby mscha » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:30 pm UTC

ONGLOBE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQkVAhEeAgwlCRpEBBg2EB9MGCtnDyFTAhgmEiNYDR1RGi9zAglCAAI9IDV8ESFOEistCyQrFzAvHTF0IzuFKUKVCCczDjZDDjE6HUNHHkpSGD1CH1FaDyBOFzY5KlVVH0A-Ik1SEi4yL2lxKV1iLWJlJElHL2BfNG5xLFJNID47IkE+PnFrOGlkO3RzMVZOMlxVOGNcRXtyRHVpTIN2Uoh5QWxeQW5iXpuIYp+LWpJ+AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

edo

Postby edo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:22 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:Why rhe f*ck is this thread not dead yt /is there any goddamn way to block or ignore this so it stops coming up under new posts jesus f*ck just die already
(astrisks are mine)

Funny how this did more to revive the thread than kill it :lol:

Hi everyone! What's going on?
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0708

Postby mscha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:30 am UTC

VONGEFULNESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AQgVAAMMAhEeAxk1BxpDAwwlAQM8AhgmDx9RCCczCyQrDyBQEistAANAESNWFCluFzAvEi4yDjE6DTRBHkpSHUNHGD1CFzY5CyhHH1FbKVVWKVxiH0A-LWJlIk1SMm1yL2BfJEhHOGlkLFJNO3V0ID48MVZOMlxVIkE+RHVpN2NcPXJsRXxzTIJ2U4p7QW5iQGtfAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:55 am UTC

Hi, edo. What's going on? There are new ONGs from a mystery author that have embedded hidden ONGs nested redundantly in them!! But I'm guessing you noticed that.

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:46 am UTC

Baobabs, I love this page! Hi, you beauties!

Sorry I haven't ketchupped properly in a while... I will soon (as long as the branches of that tree don't fall out of the .5th dimension).
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0709

Postby mscha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:30 am UTC

DONGIER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AQgVAAMMAhEeAgwlAxo1EB9PChtGAhgmESJPAAI8AARACyQrEiRZFytnHTN3IzuHEistK0ehEi4zFzAvCSczDjE6DTVDHkpSFzY5HUNHDCVJGDxCKVVWH1FbIk1SKVxiH0A-LWJmJEhHLGdxNG5yL2BfOGlkO3V0N2NcLFJNIkE+MlxWID48PXFrMVZOS4N3RXtyTYuDRHVqQG5jQGxfUol6WJF-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”