1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0713

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:30 am UTC

JONGLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

AAMMAQgVAhEeAg0kAhgmAh0yAAI8CyQrECJOCSgzESNZCxtGEi4zDx9QESstFipoGS9yGzJ4AABAFzAvDjE6HUpTGDxCDTRCHENHH1BZLWJmCyRJKVxiKVVWFzY5LWp0H0A-Ik1SM25yJEhHMlxWO3V0NmNcID88IUE+OGlkK1JNMVZOPXFrRXtyS4N3Q3RqQG9kUot7V5WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Gingercat

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Gingercat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:53 am UTC

Urgh, where was I up to in my Blitz? How can I find my last missive unto this thread before I had to vanish for a lengthy hiatus?

[Edit to add: I had completely forgotten about my signature; it's hilarious to me all over again :mrgreen:]

[Edit II: I'm currently up to Page 2051 of 2441. Just saw "Molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine" and laughed altogether too loudly in fond memory. Already the Timeinology used in the OTC is coming back to me, menories of Popes, Momes, SNAKE!s, Molpies, neatness and treeishness... I'm so happy to be back! Sniff]
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:06 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:Urgh, where was I up to in my Blitz? How can I find my last missive unto this thread before I had to vanish for a lengthy hiatus?
Yea verily consulteth thou the Great Concordance, moving past the plebean entry for casual glances and commiting thyself to the advanced archways of quest. Enter thine own nominum, not in the topic of quest, but in the cupola of what OTTers and other folks are individually called. Clickest thou the Holy Oracle's amulet, ant thou shalt be rewarded with Gospel.

Randall speed on thy Most Holy Journey. Great Glory awaits thee!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

you, we shall use Furnace Multitasking. <*:So Molp It Be:>."

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:17 am UTC

Blindpost: My Search-Fu has levelled up, and verily did I find the last locatable post by myself somewhere in the NP 2100 range... But I suspect that this post, which I remember posting but not actually viewing, is where I am properly up to. My Blitz resumed, I look forward to reaching The End and conversing with... uh, whoever's still alive and active so very long after my vanishment.

Peace and good fortune to all who read this; I shall converse with you in real-time soon enough.
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:28 am UTC

Randallspeed on your blitztinuation cat who is ginger. There will be fond greetings upon your arrival in the future present, most assuredly.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:59 am UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Eternal Density

Signs point to yes.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:00 am UTC

That's kinda RELATED for me. I don't have a Twitter bot but I do have some bottish stuff and some machine learning stuff, and I'm following a Twitter bot that posts machine-learning generated content :D
Also RELATED:
I've been eating a fair bit of chocolate with coffee in it, so my caffeine intake is up, and I had bacon yesterday. And given the heat I could really do with some ice.
Don't expect any babies, though I did fairly recently hear that a couple of people I know have such on the way.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0714

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:30 am UTC

WITTONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AQgVAAMMAhEeAhgmAgwjAAE+CyQrESstBxpBES4zAARAFzAvCSgzAh4xDTVDDjE6HUpTHENHBy5BGDxCFzY5Ik1SH1BbKVVWKVxiLGdxJEhILWJmH0A-L2BfO3VzID88NG5yIUE+MlxWK1JNNmNcN2hkRXxzPXFrQ3VqS4N4MFZPQG5jWJSEUYp8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:06 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

OTTer Bot - a cautionary tale

Thanks to mikrit for the beanie.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
1646 - OtterBot.png
The entropy of a robot that protects its own existence is exactly equal to zero

?em eveileb on uoy yhw,tnadnuder saw diaS
Balthasar_1.png
OTTerCon Mirror
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0715

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:30 pm UTC

AGGRAVATONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQgVAhEeAhgmAg0jCxtIDh9SAh4xFSlmAAI7DyFTCyQsGjBvGS9xGzJ4ESRaITuLCigzESotFzAvDTRCDjE6HENIHUpTGDxCFzY6HlFcIk1SKVxiH0A-KVVWEi0zH1NiLWJnL2pzL2BfN2hkNG5yJEhIK1JNIUE+ID88O3RzMlxWNmNcPXFsRXxzQG5kQ3VqMFZOTIN4SomEUop8V5KEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0716

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:30 pm UTC

MYTHMAKONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQgVAhEeAhgmAg0jAAI7CyQrEyNYDBxHEistFzEvID88FyplIUE+LUupME+xR3H1OFvLHTN4IjqIJT+RMlO6fMH-KEOZiNL-V4n-cK7-AR4xDjE6HUpTEi4zCigzFzY6H1FbHENIGDxCDTRCCy5FLWJmH0A-LmpzIk1SKFxiKVVWJEhHL2BfN2hkM21xNmNcMlxWK1JNPXFrPHRyUI+FQ3RqRXtzMFZPQG9kSoJ3UYp8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:33 pm UTC

Is it just me, or did something happen to the ONGBOT0? The B/W1 images are showing up fine, but the colored91 images aren't there.

p.p.s. Poor subscripts need2 love too.

singularityMy name for it
singular-ityI think that's the official name for the non-ENHANCED images9
I said NONBut I could be wrong
coloured?Not trying be racist or anything
I did not say "wants"Subscripts want to be anthropomorphised

p.p.p.s. The subscripts make it look like the footnote is a superscript to the base index
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

balthasar_s

botbotbotbot

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:49 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:Is it just me, or did something happen to the ONGBOT0? The B/W1 images are showing up fine, but the colored91 images aren't there.
E:E:E
For some reason the botcastle1's HDD changed to being mounted as read-only (?:?:?) No bot was able to do anything. It's corrected now. The ONGs¹ should appear at next ONG².

¹ (Time After) Time frames
² full hour

I like the ottification, StormAngel!
Last edited by balthasar_s on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:50 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:49 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:Is it just me, or did something happen to the ONGBOT0? The B/W1 images are showing up fine, but the colored91 images aren't there.

The bot is fine. The balthaserver hosting the hidden images appears to have issues, though.
(Preview-ninja'd by the balthaserveradmin.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0586

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:00 pm UTC

WHAT IF I TOOK A HIKE ON A TYPICAL EROTTIC BUTTER RAFTCASTLE? WOULD I NEED TO BLITZNAP TO ACTUALLY GOAT A WOWTERFALLISH AMOUNT OF UNGTHEMOONS? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the colour?
Spoiler:
This frame is the beginning of the first scene where colour (dark blue) will appear. To make the transition more subtle, the file format changes from greyscale PNG to colour PNG for all files in this scene, not just those which actually have colour.
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

balthasar_s

Re: botbotbotbot

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:31 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:For some reason the botcastle1's HDD changed to being mounted as read-only (?:?:?) No bot was able to do anything.

Redundant
Spoiler:
1646.png

ETA: The HDD is now completely unmounted and /dev/sda doesn't exist. Now I remember that recently I had problems with the HDD's power cable. The SATA power plug is very poor quality but it's the only one I have.
I can't fix it now. I'm not there. And I can't call anyone to fix it because I left my phone there. I will be there in two weeks.
ETA: I sent an email. Hopefully someone notices it.
Also this made me a little endgry.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:20 pm UTC

Quick post to say:

1) You are all awesomeful.

2) Sorry for my Outsideness this wipend.

3) I can't see the ONGs of colorPC or the recent "Did you notice" image (coincidentally, also about an ONG of color). Are they on the same server?

4) Randallspeed, Gingercat! Molpish to see you again! And nice to see Rakhal moving so raptorcattishly!

5) Steakish OTTercomics, StormAngel and balthasar!

6) Treeish stats, Lu! Surprised to see that one about me. And ucim, you probably get quoted a lot and that explains the frequency of "Jose."

7) I saw this:
StormAngel wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Cold drinks for my OTTer friends, and 'otter drinks for my cool friends.
(Who are the same people.)

Scrumptious donuts for my punny friends, and...punny donuts for my scrumptious friends? hm, well, here are the donuts, anyway:
Spoiler:

Let me add the RELATED link to the newest OtherComic. :)

Thanks, and let me add an OTTification:
1645 - Yeah Toast.png

Created entirely by cutting & pasting from the original
Edit: except for the Beanish, which I copied from Deciphering Beanish by tresoldi.

Jose is in 2945 posts

on my riverish MTA screen, and it confused the ch*rp out of me. I scrolled back and forth going, wait, Jose? Wasn't this s post from StormAngel? How did ucim get in there?? Took me a few minutes to figure out. Bad StormAngel! :evil: :)

8) I'm trying to follow the Pope's degree, but I'm not sure how to jongle???

PCFor Febrion
?Also, why does my computer instead on changing "ucim" to "um"?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

StormAngel

Re: Jose: "Jose"

Postby StormAngel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:57 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Quick post to say:

1) You are all awesomeful.

2) Sorry for my Outsideness this wipend.

3) I can't see the ONGs of colorPC or the recent "Did you notice" image (coincidentally, also about an ONG of color). Are they on the same server?

4) Randallspeed, Gingercat! Molpish to see you again! And nice to see Rakhal moving so raptorcattishly!

5) Steakish OTTercomics, StormAngel and balthasar!

Thanks, I like balthasar's too :D
I realise now that I could have replaced 'machine learning' with 'ROT13 encryption'
lmjb1964 wrote:6) Treeish stats, Lu! Surprised to see that one about me. And ucim, you probably get quoted a lot and that explains the frequency of "Jose."
7) I saw this:
StormAngel wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Cold drinks for my OTTer friends, and 'otter drinks for my cool friends.
(Who are the same people.)

Scrumptious donuts for my punny friends, and...punny donuts for my scrumptious friends? hm, well, here are the donuts, anyway:
Spoiler:

Let me add the RELATED link to the newest OtherComic. :)

Thanks, and let me add an OTTification:
1645 - Yeah Toast.png

Created entirely by cutting & pasting from the original
Edit: except for the Beanish, which I copied from Deciphering Beanish by tresoldi.

Jose is in 2945 posts

on my riverish MTA screen, and it confused the ch*rp out of me. I scrolled back and forth going, wait, Jose? Wasn't this s post from StormAngel? How did ucim get in there?? Took me a few minutes to figure out. Bad StormAngel! :evil: :)

Did you notice the invisitext?
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:11 pm UTC

They responded to my email. They tried to fix it. But then the botcastle didn't start at all. The power supply doesn't turn on they say. I dodn't know what happened. Did they break the power supply? Did they short-circuit something? I'm not able to tell without seeing it. I told them to disconnect it completely. Looks like the botcastle will be unavailable for the next two weeks. And if there is some damage maybe even more. :(
BSTA

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0717

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:30 pm UTC

HOUSELONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQgVAg0jAhEeAhgmAAcyAh0xCyQrCxtGESstFzAvCSg0DjE6DTRCHENIGDxDH1FcKFxiHUpTBy5AIk5SFzY5LWhyEi4zJEhHLWJmKVVWM21xH0A-K1JNL2BfID88PXJsO3R0MlxWNmNcIUE+N2hkRnxyTIN4MFZOQ3VqQG9kTImBUId5WZiKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: Jose: "Jose"

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:40 pm UTC

StormAngel wrote:Did you notice the invisitext?

No, it was invisible! :) No, i totally missed that when I quoted it just now. But hey, I never even noticed the javascript. Even after OTTers pointed it out.

Sorry to hear about the botcastle. :( Well, we know what to do:
Spoiler:
Where's TheMinim?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

NoMouse

BEANETTE USED BLITZ! IT'S NOT VERY EFFECTIVE...

Postby NoMouse » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:38 pm UTC

Yay, ONGs are back! And yay, is the Beanie holding an airplane? Are they sending a drone to map their dam-situation from above?

And sorry for the (hopefully temporal) loss of the botcastle. Does that mean we now have to enhance the frames ourselves? Ok, let me try this...

xkcd_timeaftertime_20160222_2000_enhance-fail.png
I have no idea what I'm doing

Sorry, that's the best I could enhance out of it.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1420

Postby mscha » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am UTC

ENRONGE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:LOOK ON MY ZOMBIE OTTER EYEBALLS, YE SEAISH, AND KETCHUP!

-- posted by randompixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0718

Postby mscha » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:30 am UTC

CHONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQgVAg4iAhEeAh4xAhgmCRhCCyQrEistCSg0DTRCHENIDzE6GDxCHUpTBy9AH1FcFzY5KVVWKVxiLWJmIk5SLGhyEi4zH0A-JEhHMlxWNG5yK1JNL2BfFzAvOGlkIUE+OnNyNmNcID88PXFrRXxzTIN2MFZOQ3RqQG5jUYp7AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:33 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:Yay, ONGs are back! And yay, is the Beanie holding an airplane? Are they sending a drone to map their dam-situation from above?

And sorry for the (hopefully temporal) loss of the botcastle. Does that mean we now have to enhance the frames ourselves? Ok, let me try this...

Sorry, that's the best I could enhance out of it.
This reminds me of those pictures where if you squint your eyes a 3D image appears. Another way to hide....

hmmmm.... (looks for enhancement tools)

Jose (who has signed about two thousand posts, so only a thousand count as words)
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:52 am UTC

Treeish OTThercomics, balthasar_s and StormAngel!

Good luck with the botcastle! Let us all unite in following the First Commandment in the meantime.

lmjb1964 wrote:Also, why does my computer instead on changing "ucim" to "um"?

ucim, no idea.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:03 am UTC

Ongs return! And so do some familiar avatars. Hi Moonim, and gingercat.
The latter seems nearly finished with her blitz. When was the last time someone has done that? Better shine up our present-tation welcome shoes (that makes no sense)

Too bad about the server-castles, but as others have said, we're pretty used to delays here.

@ED: Congrats to those baby havers. Interestingly, I also know some Australians who, if all goes well, will make me an uncle (in the local tongue, "unca' ") soon. I highly doubt it's the same people (It's a seaish country, even more so than mine) but it's always treeish to find RELATEDness.

Jose I'm gonna rig the vote!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:41 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:I have no idea what I'm doing
That was me, trying to port remapt-1 to Rust (it was supposed to be a learning experience). Will not try again.

In any case, I've cobbled up a script to fetch frames from mscha and remap-1 them. Get them at the One Timeframe Service¹.
Spoiler:

¹ If these links break in the future, try https://ots.chirpingmustard.com/frames/… instead.²
² Any images and files linked from the OTT are guaranteed to be available in their original locations. Directories are not.
Last edited by AluisioASG on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:53 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
That was me, trying to port remapt-1 to Rust (it was supposed to be a learning experience). Will not try again.

In any case, I've cobbled up a script to fetch frames from mscha and remap-1 them. Get them at the One Timeframe Service¹.
Spoiler:

¹ If these links break in the future, try https://ots.chirpingmustard.com/frames/… instead.

Hooray for redundancy!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:55 am UTC

taixzo wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

Spoiler:

¹ If these links break in the future, try https://ots.chirpingmustard.com/frames/… instead.

Hooray for redundancy!

Hooray for redundancy!
Wait on.

Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0719

Postby mscha » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:30 am UTC

RONGERS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AQgVAAMMAhEeAhgmAg4hCyQrEistFzAvAR4xCSg0GDxCDjE7DTRCFzY5HENIHUpTH1BbCS9AIk1SH0A-Ei4zKFxiLGdwJEhHKVVWLWJmN2hkIUE+K1JNO3V1L2BfID48NG5xMlxWMVZOPXFrN2NcRXtyRYWCS4N4Uot9Q3VqQW5jAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0720

Postby mscha » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:30 am UTC

ANTICONGLOMERATE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQgVAw0jAhEeAhgmAR4xDRtGCyQrESstFzAvCSgzDjE6GDxDFzY5HENHBy9AH1FbKFxiHUpTDjVCKVVWIk1SEi4zHkA-LWJmLmp0M21yJEhHNmNcK1JNRXtyIUE+PXFrO3V0ID88MlxWOGhkQ3VqS4J3MFZOQG5jVZKDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0721

Postby mscha » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:30 pm UTC

CHAFFONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQgVAh0xESNYDBtGAw4jDx9RFipnGC5xGzJ4HziFITuKIj6SMFK6AhEeKkinAhgmNVnJDyBTCSg0L0+0JkKaCyQrEistFzAvHUpTGDxCDjE6DjVCH1BbKFtiHENHEi4zKVVWFzY5LWhxIk5SH0A-M21zLWJlJEhHN2NcN2lkPXFrMltVIUE+K1JNPHZ0ID48S4N3MFZORntyUo+DQ3VqQG5jQGtfUop7AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Sustainabilizer

Re: Let's Write a Book!

Postby Sustainabilizer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:09 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
Conference Proceedings

Image Here is the current version. Image

Updated.
  • Added Outside names of HES and lmjb1964 to the schedule.
  • Added photos to the speeches by balthasar_s and addams.
  • Worked on my paper.
Redundant:
Spoiler:
What do you think of my Editor's Introduction?
Is it “serious” enough?
@native speakers: Is my English okay?

The same – redundant – questions hold for my paper.

building-site-5.png
building-site-5.png (3.27 KiB) Viewed 9660 times

@balthasar_s: Good look with your botcastle!
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

karhell

Postby karhell » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:02 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:Redundant:
Spoiler:
What do you think of my Editor's Introduction?
Is it “serious” enough?
@native speakers: Is my English okay?

Spoiler:
I quite liked your Editor's Introduction. It has a formal-but-friendly tone that makes it easy to read.
It's serious enough for me, but then again, I'm a pretty silly person, so maybe I'm not the best suited to answer that ^^
Your English is actually pretty good. I only noted a few oddities in §3, namely :
Editor's Introduction wrote:Somebody posted a controverse opinion
Shouldn't that be "controversial" ?
Editor's Introduction wrote:called "Flame war" back then, or "shitstorm" today
I'm fairly sure that "Flame War" is still in use.
And in §4 :
Editor's Introduction wrote:An international and interdisciplinary group of scientists formed itself to analyse these details
Nothing wrong with this, but it's pretty funny, given how things actually happened. Sounds more deliberate than a bunch of bored forumers trying to understand what was going on.

Haven't read your paper yet. The Minim will need to be annoyed.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0722

Postby mscha » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:30 pm UTC

MOLDONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQgVAw0jAhEeAhgmCxtHAR4xCyQrDyFTEiRbEistFzAvCSg0DjE6Bi9AGDxCHENHEi4zDTRCKVVWKFxiH1FbHUpTLGp2FzY5Ik5SJEhHLWJmH0A-NW5xO3VzL2BeK1JNIUE+ID48OGlkMlxWMFZON2NcR4uJPXFrTIN2RXxzQ3RqQG5jQGtfUId5VpKDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:18 pm UTC

karhell wrote:
Editor's Introduction wrote:Somebody posted a controverse opinion
Shouldn't that be "controversial" ?

Indeed. Demustarded. Thanks!

karhell wrote:
Editor's Introduction wrote:called "Flame war" back then, or "shitstorm" today
I'm fairly sure that "Flame War" is still in use.

I looked it up, and it seems that „Shitstorm“ is used in German, but not in English. Epsilonish.
(This reminds me of the German term „Handy“ for “mobile phone”, which (intentionally) sounds like English and is often used even when speaking English, causing confusion.)

karhell wrote:And in §4 :
Editor's Introduction wrote:An international and interdisciplinary group of scientists formed itself to analyse these details
Nothing wrong with this, but it's pretty funny, given how things actually happened. Sounds more deliberate than a bunch of bored forumers trying to understand what was going on.

I re-phrased this:
Editor's Introduction wrote:In the forum discussing the comic, professional and hobby scientists worked together to analyse these details, accidentally forming an international and interdisciplinary working group.

In any case I insist on that we are all scientists and artists.
Spoiler:
Yes, silent lurkers, you too, otherwise you woudln't be reading this. :)
I updated the PDF file.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Thanks, karhell! :)
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:23 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Treeish OTThercomics, balthasar_s and StormAngel!

Have fun storming the botcastle! Let us all unite in following the First Commandment in the meantime.

FTFY.

ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Also, why does my computer instead on changing "ucim" to "um"?

ucim, no idea.

:azule:

Thanks for the enhancements, NoMouse and Lu! Looks like the wall-building continues apace. At some point we'll zoom upward and see that it's making its way across the strait. Maybe. And it looks like the Beanies continue, slowly, with their dismantling of the tree for. . .whatever. (For SCIENCE, maybe?)

Sustainabileditor, I'm sorry that I haven't looked at any of the conference stuff. If you can any TheMinim a little longer, I'll try to get to it tonip.

Jose is really going to be surprised by his numbers now!

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0723

Postby mscha » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:30 pm UTC

WONGTIPS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

AAMMAQgVDBtGFitpGS5xAg4hESNaGjJ5AhEeDiFTHTWBAhgmIDuKIj2SAh4xCyQrEistFjAvCSg0DTVCGDxCDjE7HUpTHENIH1BbKFtiFzY5Ik1SK2ZxH1NgEi4zLWJmKVVWH0A-JEhHM21yL2BfOGlkO3RzLFJNIUE+PXFrMlxWN2NcID88S4N3RnxyQ3VqMFZOVpKDUol6QG5jAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”