1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

svenman

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby svenman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:59 pm UTC

FinishUNG my ketchup:

Spoiler:
Wait for it.

taixzo wrote:This reminds me of something:

(XKCD 1821 + 244)

Steakish mashup! It's not really an OTTification, though, without any OTTish content, is it? But I guess it would also fit in really well over in the XKCDSW thread (where I have made some contributions lately as well), it's not necessarily all about the anti-humour there.

GnomeAnne wrote:Slightly related:
I made this in a high school wood shop. It was going to have a glass door, but I ran out of Time and changed the design. We were supposed to make a table, but there were enough students the professor didn't pay attention to what I was doing until too late.

Treeish Timepiece, GnomeAnne!

And great schizoblitz reports, BlitzGirl. Weird to see the first idea forming of the wiki that I'm spending so much time on...

Baobabish sound signal generation, balthasar_s!

BlitzGirl wrote:
appleGirl wrote:
I am currently reading both the latest posts on this thread, and posts back on page 58. This is CONFUSING.

Baobabs - perhaps the very first documented instance of schizoblitzing! From one of my -Girl bretheren, no less.

Surely you meant to write "sistren"? Or "sisters," maybe? :?

...and I've spent one and a half hours listening to various versions of Megalovania on Youtube.

Edit 2 (added here to leave the pope decree at the bottom of the post):
mrob27 wrote:
svenman wrote:
mrob27 wrote:Yep! Decree fulfilled, a mere 17730 nopix later!
Does this set some kind of record? Am I famous now? :mrgreen:

You're already famous, no need for Q04B decree records, though I suppose every little bit helps :P

Awww... well, I guess I already have appeared in Acts of the Clerics, so you're probably right. 8-)

Edit 4: And another squirt of belated ketchup from NP2577:
Rakhal wrote:I'm too late for the last page pope post. And I had a cute story about decimalisation to tell :)

Following a page pope decree is optional. It is just as optional to not follow the decree if it has become the decree of a pastpage. In other words: Come on, tell - don't think it's too late.

Edit: Also, pope. Decree: Tell us a piece of music you'd like to be covered on the balthawavegenerator. My choice: Beethoven, "Ode to Joy".
Edit 3: Scratch that, I don't mean to place any expectations on Balthasar and a page full of what could be read as music requests might just come over as a riverish bit of pressure. So, amended decree: Tell us a bit of music you like, no expectations to third parties attached.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may help.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:45 pm UTC

AdmirUNG

For decree: been listening to Einstürzende Neubauten lately, which has had some influence on my thoughts elsewhered&d.

The bOTTeriada seems to be stuck :(

ETA: Down 4
Last edited by AluisioASG on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np573

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:10 am UTC

DAWDLUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:KETCHUP LIKE A FLUTTERBEE, SPOILER LIKE A BEESNAKE

-- posted by oldpixbot

mrob27

1190: Time: *I OTTIFIED A HALF LONGPIX FOR ONE KETCHUPPING PIXEL.*

Postby mrob27 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:34 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote: The bOTTeriada seems to be stuck :(

In a sense, yes. (sorry) Look at the raw text, scroll down to the end, and notice the sequence numbers (near the beginning of each line, right after "UTC"). See how it goes 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160 a couple times, then jumps back to 1137? What happened is that I discovered mustard (I had misspelled Timlrorme everywhere) and I edited a bunch of lines. Then those edited lines had to be re-transmitted to the Moonbase. It's almost done doing that. In addition, the overall "ONG" rate is slow because I'm so busy with school I haven't been able to write the chapter that is to come after the present dragon-related chapter.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:54 am UTC

addams wrote:Weather.
Spoiler:
Another Scary Storm Rages OutSide My Windows.
Everything still standing? I just saw a weather warning I thought you might appreciate:
Spoiler:
The Transport Minister's official advice is to stay home and watch Netflix - although power outages are expected later on Thursday.

Hey, it's jetpac - hi! I missed your fish. Somehow, it was smaller and less intimidating in my memory. Strange... fish usually travel in the other direction. Anyways, we waited for it, and here you are! :)

And a treeish OTTercomic from svenman with an even treeisher redundancy. Aaaaa - paradox!

Go carefully downstairs

Carefully?
Why? These are just regular stairs.
What could hapen here?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

svenman

Postby svenman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:AlignUNG

Edit: Move on, nothing to see here. psst... I think you meant to ONG frame 572, not 569 whch I already had ONGed a couple newpix earlier.

CorrectUNG
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Last edited by svenman on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may help.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:19 am UTC

I like the visible ripple in the sea there. What caused that ripple sequence in 576-577-578? Just the sea growing more seaish? Minor collapse of the sandnub? Hidden undercoffee molpy? It stands out from the flatter-sea newpix around it.

svenman wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Baobabs - perhaps the very first documented instance of schizoblitzing! From one of my -Girl bretheren, no less.

Thought someone might comment on that :mrgreen: I like the word bretheren better! Sistren is waay too close to cistern for my liking.
As the official Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (opens up sigspoilerscroll of titles) I hereby silently proclaim to all of the absentees present that bretheren is the preferred term of use except when it's not.

svenman wrote:So, amended decree: Tell us a bit of music you like, no expectations to third parties attached.

Someone at the FFS was humming "La Cucaracha" todip, which is a pleasant enough song to have stuck in my head even if it is about a five-legged molpybug.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I like the visible ripple in the sea there. What caused that ripple sequence in 576-577-578?

It's a
Spoiler:
Molpy molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy molpy molpy
Sea1snake sea1snake!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np583

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:10 am UTC

THUNGY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Wnderer.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:GIVE ME YOUR BEANISH, YOUR EPSILONISH, YOUR OTCOLORED ANTEPENGOATS YEARNING TO MINDGREP ONGTHEMOONS

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:44 am UTC

Of course, Zooman! How obvious!
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

An OTC-RELATED google: How long will a tree survive underwater? (I was searching the OTT for past occurrences of Molpy molpy molpy... in spoilers and crossed this NP 1510 post of mine which sent me veering off on a tangent.)

UC Santa Barbara's Science Line did a steakish job of explaining to me why trees need oxygen here and here (they respire). I learned this at some point but didn't really have cause to recall it. So: incredibly easy for many trees and other plants to drown. Too much water on the roots will do it for less tolerant trees. Very, very few kinds of trees will last more than a month when they're completely submerged from roots to crown (then photosynthesis gets disrupted as well). So it seems the trees of the OTC are out of luck. :( Rest in peace, neattree, baobabs, the Tree of Contemplation, and other things like the grapevine grapevines.

The most irrelevant but somewhat fascinating top result came from Answers in Genesis about how ancient waterproof super-hardy perfectly-made trees survived Noah's flood. And seeds were carried in the stomachs of floating carrion carcasses of herbivorous animals. Also, oceans were made of freshwater back then or something. The pretzels of justification shown there (probably saltless as well) made my head hurt. Eerily though, a paragraph heading read: Tiiiiiiiiiime . . . is on our side which was epsilon enough of a connection that I thought I would mention the page here.

Underwater tree that will survive its yiply temporary flood:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:26 pm UTC

For decree: Definitely the Wintergatan Marble Machine song.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:11 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:For decree: Definitely the Wintergatan Marble Machine song.
Certainly one of the most treeish inventions I've seen in a while. I probably re-watch that video about once per mip. Also, never realized until just now how RELATED it is, but the mechanism for playing notes is actually controlled with LEGO pieces (the beams and pins introduced with LEGO Technic line many yips ago).

For decree, I still listen to Assemblage 23, ever since one point a few yips ago when Chronos posted some lyrics from one of their songs in the OTT.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:37 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Hey, it's jetpac - hi! I missed your fish. Somehow, it was smaller and less intimidating in my memory. Strange... fish usually travel in the other direction. Anyways, we waited for it, and here you are! :)

Fear the fish, that's what I always say! That's what I say right now. That's what I thought once and am now typing. One of those.

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 pm UTC

But also, it's not a fish, it's a shark. It's a bear holding a shark.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:26 pm UTC

jetpac wrote:But also, it's not a fish, it's a shark. It's a bear holding a shark.

One could argue that a shark is at least a kind of fish though. Fishish most certainly.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:41 pm UTC

Fishish is a good newword. I'm surprised we haven't used it yet. Image

DistributUNG cancercoffeebaconbits:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:05 pm UTC

Help! I'm buried in Outside! Not even the resources of RAZOR are able to help me at the moment. And I see the amount of ketchup necessary has grown quite a bit.

But I had a most molpish visit with Sustainabilizer and Balthasar. I hope to have pictures for you all in the not to distant future.

Molpy on!

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:09 pm UTC

One of my favorite songs is
Louder than words
-followed by-
World on fire
By Les Friction

But right now I have 'Quest for the hammer of glory' stuck running around in my head because I listened to it seven or eight times in a row a few days ago.
Wait For It.

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time flows on music"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:43 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I like the visible ripple in the sea there. What caused that ripple sequence in 576-577-578? Just the sea growing more seaish? Minor collapse of the sandnub? Hidden undercoffee molpy? It stands out from the flatter-sea newpix around it.

svenman wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Baobabs - perhaps the very first documented instance of schizoblitzing! From one of my -Girl bretheren, no less.

Thought someone might comment on that :mrgreen: I like the word bretheren better! Sistren is waay too close to cistern for my liking.
As the official Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (opens up sigspoilerscroll of titles) I hereby silently proclaim to all of the absentees present that bretheren is the preferred term of use except when it's not.
I like seestras, because that term can also include brother-seestras. (Yes this is entirely an Orphan Black reference.)

So, music. There's a band I like named Swichfoot (I sung an OTTified version of their track Amy's Song at OTTerCon 3 yips ago!) and on their latest album the song I enjoy best is called Float. I think I've linked it in here before.
Another artist I rather like is Matthew Parker (who I discovered at the start of last yip when StormAngel googled 'water parkour' after we visited the beach, and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHLwgEesLcY which has a Matthew Parker song I instantly liked as its soundtrack), so I was very very very happy when Matthew Parker made a remix of float. It is very much to my personal taste and so I dub it hotdiggetishly molpish. For those who like the dubstep side of things. Also it's in 7/4 time.
https://soundcloud.com/matthewparkermus ... rker-remix

Also here's some smooth jazz by Gary Honor, cos I like that sort of thing too :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jTZUfkbig

*looks up-page*
Yeah I too like the Wintergatan Marble Machine Song, which is a good thing because StormAngel is super into it and plays it a lot. Just yesterday he showed me a video of the machine being disassembled (played in reverse) to be taken to Museum Speelklok.

Random time travel:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:
azule wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I need to slip a if(B==D) into my code.
It's neat how you're ottifying the code of the ottified game. Yes, I picked the dick joke to comment on this, but it's mostly due to the Molpy code. lol.

Ah, that's what that was. I am soooo slow sometimes...

Lonely here. Just me and mrob. ETA And Val. ETA2 And BlitzGirl. And...never mind, I'm off. Happy wipend, all!
About a year ago I changed that part of the Sandcastle Builder code, changing the B to lowercase.
See also, Time Machines
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:06 am UTC

The bags are packed and we're off on a journey for the wipend. Gonna visit some windbags. Should be molpish. :)
Internet possible, but maybe not. If I can't ott, here's a Happy Easter, y'all! in advance.

Hopefully, next wip I'll finally have a chance to say some of the things I've been meaning to.

(I'll have to think about the piece of music too... I feel like there's something that should be super-obvious to me that I'm not thinking of....)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

GOAT THE VESTS-OF-MANY-POCKETSES... WITH YOUR BUFFYHAT

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:57 am UTC

OMR, I want to be in a parkour water fight. That looks like fun.

Music--I can never think of one piece. Lots of Joni Mitchell songs, lots of Queen songs, Beethoven's 7th, Dvorak cello concerto...I'm not very good at making decisions. :)

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:32 am UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:05 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:But I had a most molpish visit with Sustainabilizer and Balthasar. I hope to have pictures for you all in the not to distant future.

Awesomeful! *eagerly Waits for it* :D

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

Raptor raptor raptor raptor
raptor raptor raptor raptor...

Though I guess technically that second one is more from the beesnake family.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:17 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Though I guess technically that second one is more from the beesnake family.
Given my previous experiences with the little buggers, I'd definitely classify them as raptors. Raptorbeesnakes? Beesnakeraptors? Beeraptorsnakes? Raptorbeesnakeraptors? Semencoffeebaconraptorbeesnakesonice?
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 pm UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:But right now I have 'Quest for the hammer of glory' stuck running around in my head because I listened to it seven or eight times in a row a few days ago.
Fun fact: Gloryhammer (the band that plays 'Quest for the Hammer of Glory', in case that wasn't clear) is only about 3 Degrees of Separation on Wikipedia from Mr. Biscuits' band, Iron Seawolpy:

1. The sidebar on their Wikipedia page lists "Alestorm" as an associated actB
  2. Alestorm's page list them as being in the "Pirate Metal" genre
  3. The page for Pirate Metal has a list of bands, including "Iron Seawolf"H

See? It's all still RELATED

Both are signed to the same record label, Napalm Records, and usually bands listed there do some touring together
Heretical

Eternal Density wrote:Another artist I rather like is Matthew Parker (who I discovered at the start of last yip when StormAngel googled 'water parkour' after we visited the beach, and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHLwgEesLcY which has a Matthew Parker song I instantly liked as its soundtrack), so I was very very very happy when Matthew Parker made a remix of float. It is very much to my personal taste and so I dub it hotdiggetishly molpish. For those who like the dubstep side of things. Also it's in 7/4 time.
https://soundcloud.com/matthewparkermus ... rker-remix
Ooh, I'll have to check that out. I should add that I'm a sucker for any well-made song in an unorthodox time signature (5/4, 7/4, one song from Fort Minor that's in (4+4+6)/4).
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:42 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:The page for Pirate Metal has a list of bands, including "Iron Seawolf"H

My first thought when reading this was: "Hey, that's not what they are called..." Then I saw the H.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:08 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:
macraw83 wrote:The page for Pirate Metal has a list of bands, including "Iron Seawolf"H

My first thought when reading this was: "Hey, that's not what they are called..." Then I saw the H.

You know you're an OTTer when...
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np611

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 pm UTC

CATJUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by mscha.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THE MOPEY MOLPY MOME ATE THE MOLPFISH

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

how about some music please

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:19 pm UTC

svenman wrote:Also, pope. Decree: Tell us a piece of music you'd like to be covered on the balthawavegenerator.

No.

But, if you want some music to be played by this you can do it yourself.
How?
Download this:
ui.zip
(27.37 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Don't worry, you don't need to know about programming to do this.
You only need to understand notes.

The file you need is sheet.h

In the file you will see things like this

Code: Select all

const unsigned short sheet0 [] = {
   //something
};

const unsigned short sheet1 [] = {
   //something
};

const unsigned short sheet2 [] = {
   //something
};

const unsigned short sheet3 [] = {
   //something
};

Theses are the "sheets" which contain the notes for the 4 channels of the sound generator.
You put notes in it, like this:

note1,
   note2,
   note3,
   //...and so on..
   STPP
};

One note in each line, ending with a comma ( , ).
at the end there should be a "STPP" (without coma) - it tells the sound generator that it's the end of the sheet.

But how to write a note?
each note needs its length and pitch.
So a note can be written like this:

length | pitch,

How to select the length?
These are the available lengths: T16, T8, T4, T2, T1, N16, N8, N4, N2, N1, K16, K8, K4, K2, K1.
N1 is a full note. N2 is a half note, N4 is a 1/4 note N8 is 1/8, N16 is 1/6.
Notes with 'K' are dotted. They are 3/2 as long as normal ones.
Notes with 'T' are triplets. They are 2/3 as long as normal ones.

How to select the pitch?
The pitch notation is made of two letters and one digit.
The letters define which note it is and the digit in which octave.
For example CC4 is the C note in the 4th octave.
These are the white keys:
CC, DD, EE, FF, GG, AA, HH.
These are the black keys:
CD, DE, FG, GA, AH.
The lowest available note is CC0, the highest is FF8, that's 102 notes.

If you want a silent note you just specify the length.

But what if you need a tie?
If you add " | CONT" to a note the interpreter will know that the note doesn't end but it's continued by the next one:
In this example

//28
   N8  | CD6,
   N16 | GA5,
   N16 ,
   N16 | GA5,
   N16 | GG5,
   N16 | FF5,
   N16 | GG5 | CONT,
   N2  | GG5,
the g5 note has a total duration of 1/2 + 1/6.

That's all you need for writing the notes.

Other things,
the tempo.

At the beginning of the file you see

volatile unsigned short tempo = 312;
It defines how fast the music plays. You can put there an integer between 0 and 4095.
How to choose the value.
If you want the speed to be X bpm (X 1/4 notes per minute) your value is (37500 / X )- 1.

You can change the speed in the middle of a music piece, like this:

//18
   N8  | DD6,
   K4  | FF6,
   N2,

CTMP | 273,

//19
   N1  | DD5,
The CTMP command changes the speed for all 4 channels.
There must be at least one note between two CTMP commands, otherwise the second one will be interpreted as a note.

If you have a fragment that is repeated you dont't have to write it down multiple times. You can use the RPST and RPND commands.
Example:

RPST| RP0 | 1,

//23
   N8  | DD4,
   N8  | AA4,
   N8  | GG4,
   N8  | AA4,
   N8  | FF4,
   N8  | AA4,
   N8  | EE4,
   N8  | AA4,

//24
   N8  | CD4,
   N8  | AA4,
   N8  | GG4,
   N8  | AA4,
   N16 | AA4,
   N16 | AH4,
   N16 | AA4,
   N16 | GG4,
   N4  | AA4,

//25
   N8  | AA4,
   N8  | FF4,
   N8  | CC5,
   N8  | FF4,
   N8  | AA4,
   N8  | GG4,
   N8  | FF4,
   N8  | GG4,

//26
   N8  | EE4,
   N8  | CD4,
   N8  | AA4,
   N8  | CD4,
   N16 | AA4,
   N16 | AH4,
   N16 | AA4,
   N16 | GG4,
   N4  | AA4,

RPND| RP0,

RPST | RP0 | 1,
RPST is the beginning of a repeat.
1 - is the number that defines how many times the repeated fragment will be played. It's one less. So 1 means that it will be played twice, 0 means that it will be played once, and so on.
Available values: 0 - 255.
RP0 is the "index", There are 4 available values RP0, RP1, RP2, RP3. This way you can have repeats inside repeats.
RPND is the end of a repeat, the index should be the same as with the corresponding RPST.

That's all needed to write music for it.

But how to hear it.
Unfortunately, it requires compiling wav.c
If you have gcc (and make) installed, it can be compiled by one command:

make wav

Or you can just send your sheet.h file to me.

ETA:
There is also this part at the end:

volatile struct channel ch0 = {
   .V=0x3e000000,
   .A=0x00079e5a,
   .D=0x00006184,
   .S=0x1F000000,
   .R=0x00028a1e,
   .dist=2,
   .sheetind=sheet0
};

volatile struct channel ch1 = {
   .V=0x3e000000,
   .A=0x00079e5a,
   .D=0x00006184,
   .S=0x1F000000,
   .R=0x00028a1e,
   .dist=2,
   .sheetind=sheet1
};

volatile struct channel ch2 = {
   .V=0x3e000000,
   .A=0x00079e5a,
   .D=0x00006184,
   .S=0x1F000000,
   .R=0x00028a1e,
   .dist=2,
   .sheetind=sheet2
};

volatile struct channel ch3 = {
   .V=0x3e000000,
   .A=0x00079e5a,
   .D=0x00006184,
   .S=0x1F000000,
   .R=0x00028a1e,
   .dist=2,
   .sheetind=sheet3
};
What can you do with it?

These are parameters for configuring the ADSR envelope generator. (except sheetind which is just a pointer to the sheet).

"dist" defines the distance between notes. It's how many 'ticks' before starting a new note the previous one is released:
It should be greater than 0. The value of 0 will confuse the envelope generator.
How long is one tick?
The 1/16 note is always 6 ticks long, the 1/8 note is 12 ticks long, and so on.

What do the other parameters do?
The envelope generation has 4 phases: A, D, S, R.
The parameters have the same names.
They are 32 bit values but only the two leftmost digits (the most signifficant byte) appears on the output.

The note begins with the A phase.
In the A phase, at each sample the sound level is increased by the value of the A parameter.
(the sampling frequency is 100kHz)

When the sound level reaches the value of the V parameter the D phase begins.
In the D phase at each sample the sound level is decreased by the value of the D parameter.

When the sound level reaches the value of the S parameter the S phase begins.
In the S phase the sound level has a constant value equal to the S parameter.

When the note ends the R phase begins (no matter which phase was before)
In the R phase at each sample the sound level is decreased by the value of the R parameter.
This happens until the sound level reaches 0.

The maximal value of V is 0x3fffffff for the .wav file generator and 0x3e000000 for the actual device.
A higher value can cause an overflow when all 4 notes start playing together.

Spoiler:
buz4.png
buz4.png (2.9 KiB) Viewed 9133 times
buz5.png
buz5.png (3.06 KiB) Viewed 9133 times
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

addams

Postby addams » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:21 am UTC

ggh wrote:
addams wrote:Weather.
Spoiler:
Another Scary Storm Rages OutSide My Windows.
Everything still standing? I just saw a weather warning I thought you might appreciate:
Spoiler:
The Transport Minister's official advice is to stay home and watch Netflix - although power outages are expected later on Thursday.
I felt so isolated while it was Pouring Rain.
It seems I was Not alone.

Are you and yours High and Dry, ggh?
taixzo wrote:For decree: Definitely the Wintergatan Marble Machine song.
What creative Animals we can be!
Thank you for the directions, Balthasar.
I remain highly unlikely to play music on your Machine.
EDIT:
GnomeAnne wrote:Slightly related:
I made this in a high school wood shop. It was going to have a glass door, but I ran out of Time and changed the design. We were supposed to make a table, but there were enough students the professor didn't pay attention to what I was doing until too late.

It is Beautiful Time, GnomeAnne.

The Weather has been on my mind.
Spoiler:
ggh, on her island a world away shares my weather; Not so strange.
Her roads are slipping away the same way my roads are slipping away.

What a beating the Rain has given our roadways.
Maybe; Just, maybe, it is over, for now.

Will the Summer be brutally Hot and Dry?
Last edited by addams on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:58 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

mrob27

1190: "Time": IF NINJAING YOUR TIMEWAITERS IS FISHISH, CONSIDER ME CUEGAN_S.

Postby mrob27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:52 am UTC

Just to be randomly molpish, I decided to find out what AUTOMOME generates most often. Frequency is expressed in Times per 1190 (in other words, if you generate 1190 memes, approximately how many times would you expect to get this exact text?)
 Frequency   Meme text
 0.300/1190   YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A RAFTCASTLE
 0.351/1190   REDUNDANCY IS MOLPISH.
 0.611/1190   LISTEN UP! THE FIRST RULE OF REDUNDANCY CLUB IS THE FIRST RULE OF REDUNDANCY CLUB.
 0.626/1190   DID ANYONE NOTICE THE JAVASCRIPT?
 0.636/1190   KEEP CALM AND MOLPY ON
 0.745/1190   CHIRP. THAT. MUSTARD.
 0.779/1190   THE ZANCLEAN FLOOD HAPPENED BEFORE I WAS BORN, YET I'M OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU.
 0.794/1190   I LIKE MY HAT.
 1.454/1190   IT CAN DO WHATEVER IT WANTS. IT'S THE SEA.

Some of these aren't particularly random; that's because many of the substitutions have a certain probability of generating the normal or "default" word for that particular meme. For example, REDUNDANCY IS MOLPISH is from this post by BlitzGirl, which is the inspiration for an AUTOMOME meme template in which the first word is "REDUNDANCY" 20% of the time and the last word is "MOLPISH" 50% of the time. So the frequency of that exact phrase is just 1/10 the frequency of the "[noun] IS [positive-adjective]" template overall.

mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:04 am UTC

(I haven't had Time to make a song play with balthasar's program yet, maybe next week I can.)
Leave the house

Outside, at last. And...
What is this?
Wait,For Itis that water surrounding him? Difficult to tell.

So, is the lower half of the second floor above the garage, and the higher part above the inside rooms in the main floor? Probably not, the garage doesn't look big enough. Or are the rooms of the main floor different levels as well? Is the house built on a slope, or is it made like this just for fun?
Eternal Density wrote: There's a band I like named Swichfoot
Spoiler:
(I sung an OTTified version of their track Amy's Song at OTTerCon 3 yips ago!) and on their latest album the song I enjoy best is called Float. I think I've linked it in here before.
Another artist I rather like is Matthew Parker (who I discovered at the start of last yip when StormAngel googled 'water parkour' after we visited the beach, and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHLwgEesLcY which has a Matthew Parker song I instantly liked as its soundtrack), so I was very very very happy when Matthew Parker made a remix of float. It is very much to my personal taste and so I dub it hotdiggetishly molpish. For those who like the dubstep side of things. Also it's in 7/4 time.
Do you have a recording of this OTTification?
Aside from a couple of their beautiful letdown tracks I never liked Switchfoot as much as some people, but the Matthew Parker cover was pretty good.
You should check out sMALLTIME and Scott Stapp.
Wait For It.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:06 am UTC

So I started playing around with Balthasar's program, and one thing led to another and now it's five hours later and I've programmed the entirety of the Marble Machine song into it.

volatile unsigned short tempo = 260;

// distance between notes (full note = 48)
volatile unsigned char dist = 1;

RPST| RP0 | 1,

K4   | EE5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | HH4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | EE4,
   N8   | HH4,
   N8   | HH3,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | DD4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,

N2   | EE4,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | HH4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   K4   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N4   | EE5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | FG4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N8   | HH3,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | FG4,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | EE4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | DD4,
   N8   | FG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | HH3,
   N8   | HH4,
   N8   | DD4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | EE4,
   RPND| RP0,

// Most of a repeat

K4   | EE5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | HH4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | EE4,
   N8   | HH4,
   N8   | HH3,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | DD4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,

N2   | EE4,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | HH4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   K4   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N4   | EE5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | FG4,
   K4   | EE4,
   K2,
   N1,

N2   | EE5,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,

N2   | DD5,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,

N2   | DD5,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,

N2   | CC5,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2   | HH4,

N2   | EE5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N2,
   N2,

N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N2,
   N2,

N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N2,
   N2,

N4   | AA4,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4   | CC4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | EE5,
   N4,

N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,

RPST| RP1| 1,
   K4   | EE5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | HH4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | EE4,
   N8   | HH4,
   N8   | HH3,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | DD4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,

N2   | EE4,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N4   | HH4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   N2   | HH4,
   N8   | DD5,
   N8   | CC5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N2   | DD5,
   K4   | HH4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N4   | EE5,
   N4   | HH4,
   N4   | AA4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | FG4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N8   | HH3,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | FG4,
   N8   | CC4,
   N8   | EE4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | DD4,
   N8   | FG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | HH3,
   N8   | HH4,
   N8   | DD4,
   N8   | GG4,
   N8   | AA4,
   N8   | EE4,
   RPND|RP1,

STPP
};

const unsigned short sheet1 [] = {
   RPST| RP0 | 2,

N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N1,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   K2,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N1,
   N1,
   RPND|RP0,

N2   | HH4,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2   | HH4,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2   | AA4,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2   | GG4,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2   | HH4,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2   | AA4,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2,
   N2 | FG4,

N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N2,

RPST| RP1 | 1,

N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N1,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   K2,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | EE4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N4,
   N4   | FG4,
   N1,
   N1,
   RPND|RP1,

STPP
};

const unsigned short sheet2 [] = {
   RPST| RP0 | 2,

N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N1,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   K2,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N1,
   N1,
   RPND|RP0,

N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,

RPST| RP1 | 1,

N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N1,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   K2,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | HH3,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4,
   N4   | DD4,
   N1,
   N1,
   RPND|RP1,

STPP
};

const unsigned short sheet3 [] = {

N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,

RPST| RP0 | 1,
   N4,
   N4   | EE1,
   N8   | EE2,
   N4   | EE1,
   N4   | EE3,
   N4   | EE1,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | HH2,
   N8   | DD3,

N4,
   N4   | GG1,
   N8   | GG2,
   N4   | GG1,
   N4   | DD3,
   N4   | GG3,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | FG2,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | DD3,

N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD2,
   N8   | CC2,
   N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD3,
   N8   | DD2,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | FG2,

N4   | CC2,
   N4,
   N4   | CC3,
   N4,

N4   | DD2,
   N8,
   N4   | DD3,
   N8   | HH2,
   N4   | EE3,
   RPND| RP0,

// RPST| RP1,
   N4   | CC2,
   N4   | CC2,
   N8   | CC3,
   N4   | CC2,
   N8   | CC2,

N8   | CC3,
   N4   | CC2,
   N4   | CC3,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | DD3,

N8   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4   | DD3,
   N4   | HH3,
   N8   | GG3,
   N8   | AA3,
   N8   | DD4,

N4   | EE1,
   N4   | EE2,
   N8   | EE3,
   N4   | EE2,
   N8   | EE2,

N8   | EE3,
   N4   | EE2,
   N4   | EE3,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | EE3,
   N8   | EE2,

N4   | CC2,
   N4,
   N4   | CC3,
   N4,

N4   | DD2,
   N8,
   N4   | DD3,
   N8   | HH2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N8   | HH3,

// Most of a repeat

N4   | CC2,
   N4   | CC2,
   N8   | CC3,
   N4   | CC2,
   N8   | CC2,

N8   | CC3,
   N4   | CC2,
   N4   | CC3,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | DD3,

N8   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4   | DD3,
   N4   | HH3,
   N8   | GG3,
   N8   | AA3,
   N8   | DD4,

N4   | EE1,
   N4   | EE2,
   N8   | EE3,
   N4   | EE2,
   N8   | EE2,

N8   | EE3,
   N4   | EE2,
   N4   | EE3,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | EE3,
   N8   | EE2,

N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,

RPST| RP1 | 4,

N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,

RPND| RP1,

CTMP| 850,

N4   | EE1,
   N4   | EE2,

CTMP| 800,

N8   | EE3,
   N4   | EE2,

CTMP| 750,

N8   | EE3,
   N8   | EE2,

CTMP| 700,

N4   | GG2,
   N8   | EE3,

CTMP| 650,

N8   | EE2,
   N8   | GG2,

CTMP| 610,

N8   | EE3,
   N4   | GG3,

CTMP| 580,

N8   | GG4,
   N4   | GG3,

CTMP| 550,

N8   | GG4,
   N4   | GG3,

CTMP| 530,

N8   | HH3,
   N8   | AA3,

CTMP| 510,

N4   | FG3,
   N4   | HH3,

CTMP| 490,

N8   | EE4,
   N8   | GG3,

CTMP| 460,

N8   | GG4,
   N4   | HH3,

CTMP| 430,

N4   | HH3,
   N8   | AA3,

CTMP| 400,

N4   | HH3,
   N8   | AA3,

CTMP| 380,

N8   | AA3,
   N4   | HH3,

CTMP| 360,

N4   | HH3,
   K4   | HH3,

CTMP| 340,

N4   | CC3,
   N4,

CTMP| 320,

N4   | CC4,
   N4,

CTMP| 300,

N4   | DD3,
   N8,
   N4   | DD4,

CTMP| 280,

N8   | HH2,
   N4   | EE3,

CTMP| 260, // Halelujah we're sped back up

N4,
   N4   | EE1,
   N8   | EE2,
   N4   | EE1,
   N4   | EE3,
   N4   | EE1,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | HH2,
   N8   | DD3,

N4,
   N4   | GG1,
   N8   | GG2,
   N4   | GG1,
   N4   | DD3,
   N4   | GG3,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | FG2,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | DD3,

N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD2,
   N8   | CC2,
   N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD3,
   N8   | DD2,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | FG2,

N4   | EE2,
   N4,
   N4   | EE3,
   N4,

N4   | EE2,
   N8,
   N4   | EE3,
   N8   | EE2,
   N4   | EE3,

RPST| RP1 | 1,
   N4,
   N4   | EE1,
   N8   | EE2,
   N4   | EE1,
   N4   | EE3,
   N4   | EE1,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | HH2,
   N8   | DD3,

N4,
   N4   | GG1,
   N8   | GG2,
   N4   | GG1,
   N4   | DD3,
   N4   | GG3,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | FG2,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | DD3,

N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD2,
   N8   | CC2,
   N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD3,
   N8   | DD2,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | FG2,

N4   | CC2,
   N4,
   N4   | CC3,
   N4,

N4   | DD2,
   N8,
   N4   | DD3,
   N8   | HH2,
   N4   | EE3,
   RPND| RP1,

RPST| RP2 |1,
   N4   | CC2,
   N4   | CC2,
   N8   | CC3,
   N4   | CC2,
   N8   | CC2,

N8   | CC3,
   N4   | CC2,
   N4   | CC3,
   N8   | GG2,
   N8   | AA2,
   N8   | DD3,

N8   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N4   | DD2,
   N4   | DD4,
   N4   | DD3,
   N4   | HH3,
   N8   | GG3,
   N8   | AA3,
   N8   | DD4,

N4   | EE1,
   N4   | EE2,
   N8   | EE3,
   N4   | EE2,
   N8   | EE2,

N8   | EE3,
   N4   | EE2,
   N4   | EE3,
   N8   | EE2,
   N8   | EE3,
   N8   | EE2,

N4   | CC2,
   N4,
   N4   | CC3,
   N4,

N4   | DD2,
   N8,
   N4   | DD3,
   N8   | HH2,
   N8   | DD3,
   N8   | HH3,
   RPND| RP2,

N1,

STPP
};

volatile struct channel ch0 = {
   .V=0x3e000000,
   .A=0x00079e5a,
   .D=0x00003184,
   .S=0x02000000,
   .R=0x00008a1e,
   .dist=2,
   .sheetind=sheet0
};

volatile struct channel ch1 = {
   .V=0x3e000000,
   .A=0x00079e5a,
   .D=0x00003184,
   .S=0x02000000,
   .R=0x00008a1e,
   .dist=2,
   .sheetind=sheet1
};

volatile struct channel ch2 = {
   .V=0x3e000000,
   .A=0x00079e5a,
   .D=0x00003184,
   .S=0x02000000,
   .R=0x00008a1e,
   .dist=2,
   .sheetind=sheet2
};

volatile struct channel ch3 = {
   .V=0x3e000000,
   .A=0x00079e5a,
   .D=0x00006184,
   .S=0x1F000000,
   .R=0x00028a1e,
   .dist=2,
   .sheetind=sheet3
};

If you want to listen to it, I have uploaded the wav file here.

And now I really must go to bed. I should have hours ago, and now I have N4 and N8 dancing in my brain.

RSIR
Spoiler:
Also uploaded here as a zip for redundancy in case vocaroo disappears.
Marblemus.zip
(642.4 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:08 am UTC

taixzo wrote:So I started playing around with Balthasar's program, and one thing led to another and now it's five hours later and I've programmed the entirety of the Marble Machine song into it.

!
Wow.
I'm impressed.

I will upload it on the actual machine and check how it sounds then.

You might want to add one silent note at the end of sheet0.
When the interpreter goes to STPP it immediately stops and the decay of the last note is is cut off.
Spoiler:
buz6.png
buz6.png (7.14 KiB) Viewed 8456 times

Things like this
Spoiler:

N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
   N1,
can easily be replaced with repeats.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:05 pm UTC

Just out of curiosity, how many folks are following along with the OTT-spawned DnD game that's now properly underway?
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:31 pm UTC

Didn't even know it had started. OH well.

I'm always impressed with the durability and leak-proofness of that first little berm!

--Rakhal

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:42 pm UTC

Rakhal wrote:Didn't even know it had started. OH well.

I'm always impressed with the durability and leak-proofness of that first little berm!

--Rakhal

I didn't either, but mostly I just want to read Torgos-style updates. (Perhaps with extra OOC.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:17 pm UTC

I have some ketchup to do later (and hopefully some blitzery), but for now, a dialogueUNG:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

The d&d forum Alusio made us is here if anyone wants to see the pre-quest shenanigans of our little band.
Wait For It.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:33 pm UTC

One Day...
Or; Maybe, Two or More Days...
We will have a great many photo files to click through.

There have been RoadTrips!
Germany and Australia!
Spoiler:
Wait For It.
Spoiler:
Waiting....
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”