1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ChronosDragon

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:19 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:It's been many newpix since I last posted, but I was wondering if since Megan's fall and reunification with Cueball we are kind of in a new period? I know it's still a building period, but I feel that now they are together again the 'feel' is different enough to warrant a new era.

The Return of Cueball perhaps. Though he's already left once before, hasn't he? Maybe the Second (Third/Fourth if you count Megan's returns) Reunification.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:20 am UTC

digimuzik wrote:So... Not a giant boob then.

I am disappoint. :(
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:21 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Kieryn wrote:It's been many newpix since I last posted, but I was wondering if since Megan's fall and reunification with Cueball we are kind of in a new period? I know it's still a building period, but I feel that now they are together again the 'feel' is different enough to warrant a new era.

The Return of Cueball perhaps. Though he's already left once before, hasn't he? Maybe the Second (Third/Fourth if you count Megan's returns) Reunification.

The Third Coming of Cueball?
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:23 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:

The task at hand now is more challenging than ever before. Other collaborations were more symbolic. This however has become more of a real two-person-job.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:

Maybe the the Second Reunification would be frames 307 - 310 and after that would be the Third Rebuild Period.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Maybe the the Second Reunification would be frames 307 - 310 and after that would be the Third Rebuild Period.

307-310 I think is more transitional and not significant enough for a full period. I leave that open to debate, but I motion that we are now in a sort of Grand Collaboration.
Image- Kieryn

NotThatHatGuy

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby NotThatHatGuy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:36 am UTC

Wraithlord wrote:Ha ha ha ha ahahahahhaahhahahahahahh burn them, burn them all!!!!

Oh, sorry, not yours KarMann, you're good, just ALL THE OTHER HATS THERE ARE!!!!

Wraithlord, the Anti-Pope

Beg pardon?

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:39 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

307-310 I think is more transitional and not significant enough for a full period. I leave that open to debate, but I motion that we are now in a sort of Grand Collaboration.

The Second Age of the Slow Pixel was only 4 frames.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Wraithlord

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby Wraithlord » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 am UTC

NotThatHatGuy wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:Ha ha ha ha ahahahahhaahhahahahahahh burn them, burn them all!!!!

Oh, sorry, not yours KarMann, you're good, just ALL THE OTHER HATS THERE ARE!!!!

Wraithlord, the Anti-Pope

Beg pardon?

Okay okay, all non-demonic, non-possessed hats in this needle-pulled thing and among time's following be exempt from the burning. All OUTSIDER hats shall now be burned for the glory of the One True Comic.
All hail divine Lord Randall
Author of the One True Comic
Illustrator of Sandcastles
Keeper of the Newpix
Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We watch Time
We do not rest
We Wait For It
ChronosDragon wrote:The One True Comic is absolute, it is usually reality that is inaccurate.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:57 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Yes, true, but the nature was different - it was a constant unchanging theme over 4 frames. These 4 frames (307-310) depict the progression of a single event. Anyway, I'm not really that concerned if others choose to label it as a period, but I do strongly feel that at the very least since that transition we are in a new era.
Image- Kieryn

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 am UTC

Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Jellyfish-derp

Postby Jellyfish-derp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:

He must be building another castle...
All hail the magnificient Lord Randall
The Author of the One True Comic
The Illustrator of Sandcastles
The Keeper of the Newpix
The Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We do not Sleep
We watch Time
We wait for It

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:05 am UTC

Jellyfish-derp wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

He must be building another castle...

Does anyone else feel that due to the grand nature of whatever structure is now being constructed, this collaboration is more significant and distinct than all others past?
Image- Kieryn

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:13 am UTC

It seems that activity on this board has slowed considerably since the np 190s. I guess the combination of the new work-week, The Reckoning, and the slow progression of the Second Megan Period has lost us significant numbers of Initiates?
Image- Kieryn

kryton

Postby kryton » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:14 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

The Third Coming of Cueball?

As was foretold in the prophesy
"Yea thou the elders collected little things which should fit on the ends of other little things, the return of Cueball would not be impeded by such trivialities..."
1298 and counting

Jellyfish-derp

Postby Jellyfish-derp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:16 am UTC

Time... Time...
All hail the magnificient Lord Randall
The Author of the One True Comic
The Illustrator of Sandcastles
The Keeper of the Newpix
The Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We do not Sleep
We watch Time
We wait for It

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:18 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:It seems that activity on this board has slowed considerably since the np 190s. I guess the combination of the new work-week, The Reckoning, and the slow progression of the Second Megan Period has lost us significant numbers of Initiates?

I think a lot of us thought it would come to an end this morning, so maybe devoted more time to the early days than was wise, leaving us with a backlog of outside things to do now.

And yeah, Megan really took her time with that mound.

I do think we're in a new period, but I think naming it now is premature. I'll be asleep before the next Newpix though, so I expect it'll be more clear when I get back.

Wait for it.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 am UTC

Jellyfish-derp wrote:He must be building another castle...

Eventually one will contain a princess.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:24 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Yes, true, but the nature was different - it was a constant unchanging theme over 4 frames. These 4 frames (307-310) depict the progression of a single event. Anyway, I'm not really that concerned if others choose to label it as a period, but I do strongly feel that at the very least since that transition we are in a new era.

That makes sense. I think I agree with you now.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Kieryn wrote:It seems that activity on this board has slowed considerably since the np 190s. I guess the combination of the new work-week, The Reckoning, and the slow progression of the Second Megan Period has lost us significant numbers of Initiates?

I think a lot of us thought it would come to an end this morning, so maybe devoted more time to the early days than was wise, leaving us with a backlog of outside things to do now.

I do think we're in a new period, but I think naming it now is premature. I'll be asleep before the next Newpix though, so I expect it'll be more clear when I get back.

Wait for it.

Wait for it - good speak. I too will sleep for now and see what the next 10 newpix shall bring.
Image- Kieryn

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:38 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Image

Almost looks like it's turning into a ramp.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

TomPace101

Postby TomPace101 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:44 am UTC

I have a theory about the purpose of the big mound.
Spoiler:
Maybe they're building a life-size castle.
Or did somebody else already say that?

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:49 am UTC

SBN wrote:

Wait for it.

I am so behind in my outsider duties x_X i feel like i am going to die. I would say I hate Randall but that would be shifting the blame and heresy.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:01 am UTC

The right side is straight now.
Last edited by tman2nd on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:09 am UTC

Large, central tower?
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 am UTC

Taj Mahal in the middle, or something like that?
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:38 am UTC

I wanna say I called it, but a tower seems pretty obvious given their activities so far...

cout

Postby cout » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:43 am UTC

My best guess is they are going to play Scorched Earth.

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:53 am UTC

Looks a little bit like a ski jump, CueBall building the end of the ramp.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:02 am UTC

What is Megan doing?

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 am UTC

Making a giant dog house?
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:51 am UTC

htom wrote:Making a giant dog house?

And then they'll both lie on top of it, Snoopy-style.

Mr Moriaty

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 am UTC

Morning All.

I see the great Cueball has returned to the fold.

edo wrote:Is it just me or does it look like she’s… “presenting?”

Almost fell off my chair when I read this.

Also we are burning people now? That's cool.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 am UTC

That can't be sand

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:10 am UTC

It's gotta be.

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:11 am UTC

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe. Or a monument to those shoes with feet in them that are washing ashore.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Image

It's gotta be.

Or Minas-tirith, based on the somewhat terraced side.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:15 am UTC

Perhaps the details (in this case towers) are getting bigger for another pan and zoom-out
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

mdistancerunner

Postby mdistancerunner » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Image

It's gotta be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYCBgSRNjk0

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:devils-tower.jpg

It's gotta be.

That settles the whole material debate. It must be a mashed potato beach next to a sea of gravy.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”