1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:02 am UTC

Edit: Ah, fudge. Poped. Decree: Story ideas.

Marsh'n wrote:Marsh'n blitzing to you from NP528/2198

@azule I loved the Tale (Tail?) of Ffoxy!
Aw, thanks! Wow, so long ago (in NP).

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0301

Postby SilentTimer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:00 am UTC

ALL YOUR PHONESAW ARE BELUNG TO THE 1ST CLERIC -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the title text?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot
Last edited by SilentTimer on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0302

Postby SilentTimer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:00 am UTC

SPEAK SOFTLY AND CARRY A SEAISH UNG -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… that it is getting colder?… the snake?
Spoiler:
mscha did, and DrSamCarter suspected that it might be something else.
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

Eternal Density

PUSH BUTTON, RECEIVE BEESNAKE

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:34 am UTC

Hey, we're getting close to page 2200!

*imagines a beesnake dispenser*
Hmm, interesting.

I booked some raptorcastle flights todip, so StormAngel and myself are now both a clear 1.0 on OTTerCon attendance, though only I will be speaking. He will of course remain entirely silent for the duration :P
Say, he's been known to point a video camera at things while they're happening and then edit the results into a video for YouTube. Maybe some speakers would like to be recorded for posterity and sharing? (I'm sure he'll be bringing his camera anyhow, because Germany and Tourism.)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0587

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:00 am UTC

THE YAPPOCISED FLOOD HAPPENED BEFORE I WAS BORN, YET I'M OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATIONG WITH YOU. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.
-- posted by lmjbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:26 am UTC

The client I am working for is named after a Commandment.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:08 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:The client I am working for is named after a Commandment.

Are you working for a companiy whose name is a numeral? Because as far as I know, commandmends don't have names.¢

¢Just superscripts.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:18 pm UTC

None have numbers. The three commandments are: "Wait For It", "..." , and "RUN".
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: PUSH BUTTON, RECEIVE BEESNAKE

Postby SBN » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:27 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Hey, we're getting close to page 2200!

*imagines a beesnake dispenser*
Hmm, interesting.

I booked some raptorcastle flights todip, so StormAngel and myself are now both a clear 1.0 on OTTerCon attendance, though only I will be speaking. He will of course remain entirely silent for the duration :P
Say, he's been known to point a video camera at things while they're happening and then edit the results into a video for YouTube. Maybe some speakers would like to be recorded for posterity and sharing? (I'm sure he'll be bringing his camera anyhow, because Germany and Tourism.)

Treeish!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

Postby HES » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:27 pm UTC

OTTerCon. I approve.

I've just booked time off work so am similarly integered.
He/Him/His Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:40 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:None have numbers. The three commandments are: "Wait For It", "..." , and "RUN".

Your client is a company, then, I presume? Also, you forgot the last commandment.

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:17 pm UTC

azule wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:None have numbers. The three commandments are: "Wait For It", "..." , and "RUN".

Your client is a company, then, I presume? Also, you forgot the last commandment.

Ah. You mean:
Spoiler:
“...”.

(This implies that what comes after “...” does not qualify as a commandment.)
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:52 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
azule wrote:

Ah. You mean:
Spoiler:
“...”.

(This implies that what comes after “...” does not qualify as a commandment.)

I hope Azule didn't mean the commandment of the voldeframe.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:00 pm UTC

azule wrote:

I'd like to forget the last commandment.

he/him/his

Febrion

Year 2 Anno Temporum

Postby Febrion » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:32 pm UTC

As we enter the heretical year 0x7dfdec25, I figured out would be a good time1190 to reflect on the closing of the one true second year. We still have a couple1070 mips to go, but it takes a lot longer to post on a mobile time1190-accessor, so I need to start early...
Just an experiment, to see if I can still do this... Nothing important in the whitespace, just meta messages or something
While I've been following the OTT since the beginningalpha, and a regular reader of the other-comics for years beforeb4, I never bothered to make an account to part along until the darkening. Definitely glad that I did, while I don't have the time1191 to be as active as I'd like, it's still nice to be able to take part1/2 in the insanity-1.
And I would like to remain part of the insanity - it's the only thing that keeps me sane. I've always said normal is boring, but I'd like to expand that to be "normal is boring, and dangerous
I still find it amazing how much is going on in here1+1=3, more than I can keep up with even after the pace has slowed down. I don't get about half of what I'm seeing on the pages these days (so many ongs of various flavors, I've looked into the wiki to figure out what they are, but haven't had time to watch them all start-to-finishomega, which I think I need to do if I want to understand what's going on thereunder where?).(()()))()((())))(((()()()()()
SPACE FOR RENT
It's also amazing that even though there are definite regulars here360, there are also new faces popping in still, as well as others returning from the basement. I don't visit enough to be a good chroniclersp, but all the data is here, so if someone was interested, and had more time than I1192, it would be easy to track the OTTers as if we were characters in a movie or something.657 We had some interesting meta-data manipulations in the past, maybe it's time for another one.1+1
Sorry for the ramblings, it's just something I do sometimes - for someone who always hated writing, I sure seem to turn to it often
It's also amazing that I used the word amazing to lead in the last two paragraphs (and now this one as well). Isn't that amazing? Is amazing still a word?1192 Maybe I should carry a thesaurus, but dinosaurs make me nervous. (Except for the [redacted]dirty joke alert, they're kinda cool.) What's really amazing is when someone who rarely says anything, once he starts babbling, just doesn't stop! The most amazing thing of all, though, is a good maze.groan
Yeah, I'm full of bad jokes, but I think I've said that before. Random fact of the day: Issac Asimov was very fond of puns, to a great degree. I didn't realize that until reading a biography on him (just a short one, prefacing a collection of some of his short stories. Good stuff)
Ok, the jokes are getting worse, so I'll take that as a sign to sign off here. I've got a few other things to touch onwhoa! before the new-yip, hopefully I'll be able to articulate them better. You'll just have to wait for it
Here there be footnotes...
oct 31 not to be confused with seventy-eff, which I presume is something naughtynaught
time that one never gets old 38
++timestop doing that!
++++timeYou know how if you make the same joke over and over, it stops being funny?see recursion
2^10+2^5+2^3+2^2+2^1 hope I did the math right, don't have a calculator or pencil handy, so I had to do it in my head10
age is just a number unfortunately, I am
!enot-e is not-bad, of course
0xA ok, enough math jokes3
32414 it was on page two by the time I got on for my daily xkcd, little did I know the wild ride that was only just beginning
fractionI promise I'll bring it back when I'm done with it
~pi but anyway, I was just going to say that "a couple" is two, by definition404
you sunk my molpyship!I attended the same university as the GLR, though I don't think he'd started there yet by the time I graduated
ha-ha! underwear!hey, at least it's not a math joke
footnote not(?) found hey, who let that number pun in they're!?oh-no
<0Not saying insanity is bad, it's right up there with !e
2!=3So much art, in various forms (it doesn't have to be a picture to be art)
theirgreat, now we're grammar trolling
I thought I had a greek alphabet charset on my phone, but I can't find it, so "w"Whenever I see/hear finish, I always thing Finnish, which makes me think of fish, cause they're fin-ish. Also, swedes
2piAnd regular is always a Good Thingtm
ellingI'm not the worlds best speller, so I trust autocorrectgo to he'll on that one, even though it looks off.
I'm tired of you're shirtSometimes I think autocorrect is trolling me
trademarkThat wasn't a footnote
657Sometimes I use the footnote itself as the comment (as if it wasn't obvious), but I usually manage to at least tenuously tie in some kind of note to go with it. Sorry to say I've got nothing here.
[][[[]]]]]]]][][[][[][][][][][][Forgot that closing ")", had to go back and add it to maintain parity. Then I had to put in this footnote because I thought it'd be funny
And just to be really evil: (
4-2I'd volunteer, but doub't I have the time or skill to really do it justice. I'll probably play with the idea some anyway, just because, but don't expect resultsthat's what she said!
whoa!Keep it clean, febby!
dirty joke
Spoiler:
A pig fell in the mudboo!
hiss!Ok, that wasn't the jokereal one
this is itQ: What do you call a lesbian dinosaur? A: It's not funny if I have to explain it

labyrinthI had to write a maze-running algorithm once for part of a programming contest (it was fun - we didn't do well, but it was the first one for most of us on the team, and we kinda choked. After leaving, we managed to solve every problem within about 30 minutes - we did much better on later ones...)

Hmm, footnotes are a little more jumbled than usual - I try to sort them better usually, but as I said above, it's not easy typing on such a small screen, without a real leopard... sorry!
p.s. Y'all are awesome, stay that way :DEspecially you
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:44 pm UTC

Wow. I can't read that on mobile. Hopefully later.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0304

Postby SilentTimer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

HOW ENDISHLY WOULD I HAVE TO COMA FOR MY T1I TO SPOILER THE WAY A FLUTTERBEE CH*RPS WHILE MUSTARDUNG? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the interchangableness of the dialogue?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0305

Postby SilentTimer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

HOW FAST CAN A NINJA CH*RP SOMETHUNG? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the retracting snake?
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:08 pm UTC

It's Febrion! Yes, I'm really that excited to see you! Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!Ho ho ho. And since without a ground there is no figurepope, I figure I'll grind out one of my own.
That insanity can keep you sane is one of the tenetsapt. of the Church of the Holy Contradiction
For me, Time started during home remodeling, and the house was so turned upside down that pretty much the only thing I could do was follow the first commandment. Remodeling is a kind of insanity for which Time was a great antidote.

Isaac Asimov was also very fond of limerics - I think he published a huge compendium of them. He loved jokes of all kinds; in college whenever my (then) girlfriend was depressed she would check out one of those books and read through it. I could make jokes too, but that would be scraping the bottom of the barrellow

Something else I learned in college - Christmas and Halloween are the same.31Oct

Yes, another meta-manip would be interesting. But I think there will be a bunch coming from Germany in short order. We'll have to annoy TheMinim.

I came across this; I'm looking forward to following the first commandment regarding its flavor!
Spoiler:
31Oct = 25Dec
coopAnd although a co-op is like an apartment, it's also like a house for chickens.
popeSee my first message in the thread.
Ho ho hoAs opposed to a Santa clause, which you will find in legal documents this time of year.
lowActually, it would be looking under the barrel.
apt.As opposed to tenants; we don't charge rent. Mainly because the tenants are ten ants, whose banker is not very cooperative.coop

More footnotes below
Spoiler:

(sorry, I was acting like a reversed diode)
RISRNo kitty

Spoiler:
No kittyJust what it says on the tin.
footnotes.png

OtterBeer_from_IMG_4150.JPG
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:10 pm UTC

Today is one year since I started the blitz. I'm on page 810. I can't draw and blitz at the same time.

ETA: I just noticed I made a typo in bftf-587. Even If I'm drawing the text I can still make a typo.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:25 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Today is one year since I started the blitz. I'm on page 810. I can't draw and blitz at the same time.

Congratulations2 to your Blitzversary! :)

squared: It's molpish that it coincides with your name day.
Girl: Hasn't been seen for a while now … also yappo … but Febrion, master of footnotes, is back! Welcome forward! :)
Image Help addams!

Link

A DOOM BANANA, A DOOM BANANA, MY KINGDOM FOR A DOOM BANANA

Postby Link » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 pm UTC

Q04B spoiler:
Spoiler:
CH*RP YEAH!

balthasar_s wrote:Today is one year since I started the blitz. I'm on page 810.
Congrats! I'm only on page 424. The OTT is incredibly seaish!

RSIR:
Spoiler:
Q04B-lucky.png
Woohoo!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0588

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

AMOEBLPIES HAVE ABOUT A HUNDRED WORDS FOR KETCHUPPONG, BUT NONE FOR LEGO -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by lmjbot

lmjb1964

ALSO, I CAN KETCHUP YOU WITH MY THREAD.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:02 pm UTC

Booked my airfare! Whee! Eek! It's getting realz, y'all! Getting in Feb. 10 and flying out Feb. 15. I definitely want to do some side trips, so anyone else who is there extra days, let's party like it's 1190!

Yay! I'm going to drink beer in Germany! With OTTers! *gasp* I have to get to work on that speech!

Febrion wrote:As we enter the heretical year 0x7dfdec25, I figured out would be a good time1190 to reflect on the closing of the one true second year. We still have a couple1070 mips to go, but it takes a lot longer to post on a mobile time1190-accessor, so I need to start early...
Just an experiment, to see if I can still do this... Nothing important in the whitespace, just meta messages or something
While I've been following the OTT since the beginningalpha, and a regular reader of the other-comics for years beforeb4, I never bothered to make an account to part along until the darkening. Definitely glad that I did, while I don't have the time1191 to be as active as I'd like, it's still nice to be able to take part1/2 in the insanity-1.
And I would like to remain part of the insanity - it's the only thing that keeps me sane. I've always said normal is boring, but I'd like to expand that to be "normal is boring, and dangerous
I still find it amazing how much is going on in here1+1=3, more than I can keep up with even after the pace has slowed down. I don't get about half of what I'm seeing on the pages these days (so many ongs of various flavors, I've looked into the wiki to figure out what they are, but haven't had time to watch them all start-to-finishomega, which I think I need to do if I want to understand what's going on thereunder where?).&#40;&#40;&#41;&#40;&#41;&#41;&#41;&#40;&#41;&#40;&#40;&#40;&#41;&#41;&#41;&#41;&#40;&#40;&#40;&#40;&#41;&#40;&#41;&#40;&#41;&#40;&#41;&#40;&#41;
SPACE FOR RENT
It's also amazing that even though there are definite regulars here360, there are also new faces popping in still, as well as others returning from the basement. I don't visit enough to be a good chroniclersp, but all the data is here, so if someone was interested, and had more time than I1192, it would be easy to track the OTTers as if we were characters in a movie or something.657 We had some interesting meta-data manipulations in the past, maybe it's time for another one.1+1
Sorry for the ramblings, it's just something I do sometimes - for someone who always hated writing, I sure seem to turn to it often
It's also amazing that I used the word amazing to lead in the last two paragraphs (and now this one as well). Isn't that amazing? Is amazing still a word?1192 Maybe I should carry a thesaurus, but dinosaurs make me nervous. (Except for the [redacted]dirty joke alert, they're kinda cool.) What's really amazing is when someone who rarely says anything, once he starts babbling, just doesn't stop! The most amazing thing of all, though, is a good maze.groan
Yeah, I'm full of bad jokes, but I think I've said that before. Random fact of the day: Issac Asimov was very fond of puns, to a great degree. I didn't realize that until reading a biography on him (just a short one, prefacing a collection of some of his short stories. Good stuff)
Ok, the jokes are getting worse, so I'll take that as a sign to sign off here. I've got a few other things to touch onwhoa! before the new-yip, hopefully I'll be able to articulate them better. You'll just have to wait for it
Here there be footnotes...
oct 31 not to be confused with seventy-eff, which I presume is something naughtynaught
time that one never gets old 38
++timestop doing that!
++++timeYou know how if you make the same joke over and over, it stops being funny?see recursion
2^10+2^5+2^3+2^2+2^1 hope I did the math right, don't have a calculator or pencil handy, so I had to do it in my head10
age is just a number unfortunately, I am
!enot-e is not-bad, of course
0xA ok, enough math jokes3
32414 it was on page two by the time I got on for my daily xkcd, little did I know the wild ride that was only just beginning
fractionI promise I'll bring it back when I'm done with it
~pi but anyway, I was just going to say that "a couple" is two, by definition404
you sunk my molpyship!I attended the same university as the GLR, though I don't think he'd started there yet by the time I graduated
ha-ha! underwear!hey, at least it's not a math joke
footnote not&#40;?&#41; found hey, who let that number pun in they're!?oh-no
&lt;0Not saying insanity is bad, it's right up there with !e
2!=3So much art, in various forms (it doesn't have to be a picture to be art)
theirgreat, now we're grammar trolling
I thought I had a greek alphabet charset on my phone, but I can&#39;t find it, so "w"Whenever I see/hear finish, I always thing Finnish, which makes me think of fish, cause they're fin-ish. Also, swedes
2piAnd regular is always a Good Thingtm
ellingI'm not the worlds best speller, so I trust autocorrectgo to he&#39;ll on that one, even though it looks off.
I&#39;m tired of you&#39;re shirtSometimes I think autocorrect is trolling me
trademarkThat wasn't a footnote
657Sometimes I use the footnote itself as the comment (as if it wasn't obvious), but I usually manage to at least tenuously tie in some kind of note to go with it. Sorry to say I've got nothing here.
[][[[]]]]]]]][][[][[][][][][][][Forgot that closing ")", had to go back and add it to maintain parity. Then I had to put in this footnote because I thought it'd be funny
And just to be really evil: (
4-2I'd volunteer, but doub't I have the time or skill to really do it justice. I'll probably play with the idea some anyway, just because, but don't expect resultsthat&#39;s what she said!
whoa!Keep it clean, febby!
dirty joke
Spoiler:
A pig fell in the mudboo!
hiss!Ok, that wasn&#39;t the jokereal one
this is itQ: What do you call a lesbian dinosaur? A: It&#39;s not funny if I have to explain it

labyrinthI had to write a maze-running algorithm once for part of a programming contest (it was fun - we didn't do well, but it was the first one for most of us on the team, and we kinda choked. After leaving, we managed to solve every problem within about 30 minutes - we did much better on later ones...)

Hmm, footnotes are a little more jumbled than usual - I try to sort them better usually, but as I said above, it's not easy typing on such a small screen, without a real leopard... sorry!
p.s. Y'all are awesome, stay that way :DEspecially you

:lol: My favorite, which I didn't notice till I quoted it:
(size=1)SPACE FOR RENT(/size)

Boy, you and ucim should be glad BlitzGirl isn't around at the moment. The scrumptious donuts would be flying left and right.Or

For decree: A group of OTTers meet in Germany and have many crazy adventures.

Ormaybe up and down.

ETA I see mscha down there! Hi, mscha! *waves*

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

HELLO, I'M SHORTY. BASICALLY, RUN!

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:24 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Booked my airfare! Whee! Eek! It's getting realz, y'all! Getting in Feb. 10 and flying out Feb. 15. I definitely want to do some side trips, so anyone else who is there extra days, let's party like it's 1190!

Yay! I'm going to drink beer in Germany! With OTTers! *gasp* I have to get to work on that speech!
StormAngel and I will be there extra days.
Yeah I better get my speech done. I've been thinking it over a lot...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

HES

Re: ALSO, I CAN KETCHUP YOU WITH MY THREAD.

Postby HES » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:27 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Booked my airfare! Whee! Eek! It's getting realz, y'all! Getting in Feb. 10 and flying out Feb. 15. I definitely want to do some side trips, so anyone else who is there extra days, let's party like it's 1190!

I'm setting aside the 14th for partying like it's 1190, then molpying off to see friends for the remainder of my work-vacation days.

Oh, right. Speech.
He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:32 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:The scrumptious donuts would be flying left and right.
Would that make it a holy war?

Which way are you going to Germany? Nonstop or stopping somewhere on the Eastern US?

Congrats to Link on getting lucky! heh heh heh - getting lucky![edit]... and I just noticed your score is "best", not "molpiest", so you did it all by hand. Ch*rp yeah indeed! :) [/edit]

(now that's a footnote!)

Happy Blitzversary Balty!

Eternal Density wrote:Say, he's been known to point a video camera at things while they're happening and then edit the results into a video
Yay! An OTTerCam!

Anybody seen Kieryn lately?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

lmjb1964

bftf-0589

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:49 am UTC

408 -- STARRYONG REQUEST TIMEOUT -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by lmjbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 am UTC

Ninja'd! And I was even using the "ong this for me" robot!
Spoiler:
Wed Jan 7 05:49:45 2015
start with page 2199, last frame was 588, current frame is 589
lmjbot
2199 download OK, prepare...OK match "(ongoing\.((png)|(htm))\?f=0*589)|(bftf-0589)" nothing found.
m1 download not here.
Get meme. 408%20%2D%2D%20STARRY%5Bb%5DONG%5B%2Fb%5D%20REQUEST%20TIMEOUT%20%2D%2D%20%5Burl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmoonbase%2Echirpingmustard%2Ecom%2Fongtext%3Fb%3Don%5D%5Bb%5Dong%5B%2Fb%5Do%5B%2Furl%5D%5Burl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmrob%2Ecom%2Ftime%2Fautomome%2F%5Dmome%5B%2Furl%5D OK.
create post file OK
send post OK
ONGED

Oh, now I see how it works! I summoned the lmjbot! Treeish!

(Alas, it didn't also summon lmjb herself.)

Jose

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0307

Postby SilentTimer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:00 am UTC

IF YOU SUDDENLY BEGAN DEMUSTARDUNG STEADILY AT 1 CUEBALL PER NEWPIX, HOW EXACTLY WOULD YOU THWAP? WOULD YOU SCHIZOBLITZ OR ENHANCE FIRST? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the description of the snake?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

Eternal Density

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON HERESY

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:15 am UTC

I found an interesting answer about introverts on Quora http://qr.ae/6Ke7y
Introverts get energy from within and lose energy when they have too much external stimulation. They recharge by removing or reducing external stimulation and by nurturing their own thoughts and feelings. Introverts are more likely to be shy, but not all of them and being shy is only a small part of being introverted.
Yes, so much this!

In other news, because my current mobile organised sand has a cracked fused-sand-viewing-panel, I have ordered a new larger (but still somewhat mobile) organised sand for travel purposes :D (It's a "SM-T805")

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0308

Postby SilentTimer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:00 am UTC

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HOTDOG A CASTRAFTLE USUNG DOWNWARD-:AZULING: OTTERMOLPIES? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the species of the snake?
Spoiler:
Megan didn't.
BlitzGirl, yappobiscuits and Neil_Boekend understood her.
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

Eternal Density

IF :AZULING: IS WRONG, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:34 am UTC

Here's something that could be fun to do:

Wow I still remember how to do redundancy, it's been too lONG!
Spoiler:
chocolate.png
mmmmm

Earthling on Mars
Morning

ENAP: 5. Quiet dip.

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 pm UTC

The world dONG't work like that.
Spoiler:

Also, Megan clearly answered ongomome in the last SilentBot post.

mattachu

Postby mattachu » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:00 pm UTC

Woo, 500!

patzer wrote:And we're at page 500. Just 12 to go until we get to a round number :D
Spoiler:

Also, this:
speising wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
foilman wrote:I wonder what is "dangerous" about going into the river..? We know they can swim... is it piranha infested water or something? Puzzling.

Raptorfish, likely...

Ok -- now to miniBlitz to ketchup froma da' coma...
how long until there's an official dictionary OTT-English neccessary?

There is one now!

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:08 pm UTC

Hi, mattachu!
Hi, all Blitzers! (Although it might take a long Time until you this message – or me in general.)

mattachu wrote:Woo, 500!

It's always molpish to see your Blitzing progress.
You are really fast.

mattachu wrote:Also, this:
speising wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
foilman wrote:I wonder what is "dangerous" about going into the river..? We know they can swim... is it piranha infested water or something? Puzzling.

Raptorfish, likely...

Ok -- now to miniBlitz to ketchup froma da' coma...
how long until there's an official dictionary OTT-English neccessary?

There is one now!

These notes from the past remind me of what makes this thread so special.

Rock on, Blitzers!
Image Help addams!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:19 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:The scrumptious donuts would be flying left and right.

ucim wrote:Would that make it a holy war?
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np922

Postby mscha » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

CHILDBEARONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SUSTAINABILIZE OTTERONGS

-- posted by randompixbot

lmjb1964

408 - MOOLPY REQUEST TIMEOUT

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Oh, now I see how it works! I summoned the lmjbot! Treeish!

(Alas, it didn't also summon lmjb herself.)

You did, it was just a delayed reaction. :D

ED wrote:I found an interesting answer about introverts on Quora http://qr.ae/6Ke7y
Introverts get energy from within and lose energy when they have too much external stimulation. They recharge by removing or reducing external stimulation and by nurturing their own thoughts and feelings. Introverts are more likely to be shy, but not all of them and being shy is only a small part of being introverted.

Yes, so much this!

Yes! I had a therapist tell me this a long time ago, and it's so true for me. I'm very social and love being around people, but then I'll get to a point where I just need to be on my own for a bit.

And I am ALWAYS up for a trip to a chocolate museum. Well, assuming they give you tastes. It would be frustrating to see a bunch of stuff about chocolate and not get to eat any.

Wait a minute, maybe it's a museum made of chocolate. Mmmmm.....

Nice to see you, mattachu! Good luck with the continued blitzing.

Quoting fail at the moment, so just imagine that I quoted Zooman's donut attack post here:

ZoomanSP wrote:hilarious stuff

:AZULE:

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

THEY SEE ME UNBASEMENTIN', THEY UNBASEMENTIN'

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:17 pm UTC

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”