1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Gingercat

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Gingercat » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:03 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:Ooh, Schrödinger's Gingercat is here. I just wanted to say I loved the Chronicles of Torgos. They're the only posts I've read that weren't in the present of either the thread or my blitz. The writing style fits the medium and subject admirably1, and I really enjoyed reading them. Hopefully there are more on the way.

Wonderful! A lot has happened that's worth writing about; I've just been so flat busy I haven't had the Time to transfer the journal pages from my memory banks to here.

Most exciting of all is the upcoming session, where we get to find out exactly what those very smart Goblins have been up to (Locktooth, Scrimjaw and their clan)... by playing AS them for the session!!

In the meantime there've been a few battles involving... uh, these:

Yochlol.jpg
Behold the Yochlol!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
It's huge(ly redundant!)

For decree:
If you're into DnD,
Then be like me and post with glee
Your best story (about having to flee?)
Or about gathering loot maniacally!
:mrgreen:
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

balthasar_s

Discoverers

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:24 pm UTC

Only a little related to the decree.

I never played DnD. I now what it is.

When I was younger and still going to school we liked to play a game. We called it "odkrywcy" (discoverers).
There were four of us. I, my sister, and two friends. I was the only guy in the team. Most often there were three of us playing this, sometimes 2 or 4.
This required some time so we played it on free days.

The game had two phases.
The first one was called "map drawing".
In this part we would sit together in a room and "draw maps".

Actually it was more.
We created the setup for our adventure:
What's the location.
What is looks like?
Who and what lives there, what items, places, structures, buildings, landmarks are there?
the stories of that place, interesting details, our goals, how we got there, and so on.

Each one of us would create the setup for their own advenure, so there were more.
But we talked loudly about everything so we contributed ideas to each other's adventure.
The main, central event was drawing the maps. Everything else happened "around" it while the maps were created.
Of course, because of this "everything else" the maps needed some time to be done.
At the end each of us had a map (one sheet of paper, sometimes more) and lots of ideas. We would also write or draw some other things but not often. Usually only the map was actually made and the rest was just in our ideas.

After the first phase we could start the second one.
Sometimes we had to do it the next day because it was too late.

The second phase would be called "adventure", "journey" or whatever else.
In this part we were playing the adventures that we prepared before. Not necessary all of them the same day, depending on length and time. They weren't very long however.

We did not sit and tell what's happenig, what we're doing, etc.
Instead we went outside.
We were actually walking, running, pretending to do all the actions: hiding, fighting, talking, collecting things, etc.
And we imagined the worlds that we created.

The person whose map we were playing was the equivalent of a Game Master. They would decide what's happening, what effects our actions have and such things. At the same time the adventure author was also a normal "player". Or even more, the adventure author often was the leader of our team.
There were no official rules. We made them up when we needed them. There were no dice, no points, no such things. The adventure author decided what happened and how. Also, we could protest against those decisions.
That was very much fun.
I was the oldest, and the result of this was that my maps were more detailed and my adventures were longer.

It's already many years since the last time we played this. Also, we don't meet those friends any more.

>

Recently, however, I decided to try to reactivate this game with my youngest sister (6 years).
Because of her young age and because she didn't know this game everything was different.
We only made one adventure. Her adventure, but I was helping.
Her maps weren't very detailed (but had colors!) The our maps from the old times were much more detailed. For us the map was THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WHOLE ADVENTURE. For her, not so much.

But I'm still impressed by what she did.
She made up a world (the Island of Black Raspberies), some detail about the location, the important trees, the caves, the monsters, the undergrounds, some characters, traps, items.
She made a small "book" of a few sheets of paper. It included two maps, some drawings, some writings, and two little stories. not all of the ideas were in the book.
Here is a scan:
http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=53215

One week later we played this. For obvoius reasons this too was different than in the older days but still fun. She liked it too.
I'm looking forward to the future in which we can make more interesting adventures in this game when she gets a little older.

Redundant:
wcm.zip
(4.11 MiB) Downloaded 114 times

I will not post any story, however. While playing we don't put any effort into trying to remember all the events and happenings.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:22 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:New OTThercomic:
Spoiler:
Heehee! Now I'm not sure if I should feel like a heel when I eat mushrooms. Well, I guess I don't feel like a heel eating steak, and cows are totally cute.

RELATEDLY, it's been reported that they rescued these three in Kaikoura:Image

addams wrote:My thoughts are with the people of Kaikoura
as I still fuss and worry about the people of Haiti.
Yes, in Wellington, people are worried about not being able to go about their usual activities conveniently (okay, well actually it's not quite that simple, but for most folks it is) in Kaikoura they are worried about how they'll be evacuated, and how long their drinking water will last, and how to rescue both the creatures of the land and the sea creatures who now find themselves unexpectedly on land. In Haiti, the word "worried" wasn't really in play. So many orders of magnitude more serious. :(

balthasar_s wrote:
ggh wrote:Your sister has to close this loop, right? Do we need to ask Aluisio to give her an email address? (Wouldn't it be nice if the mere mention of his name summoned our wandering dragonmolp?)
My sister? Which one? Also, why? None of them have even read bftf. One of them saw some frames, when I asked her to reenact KXA in the enhancements.
D'oh! I think I made some rectilinear assumptions and the raptors got loose in my train of thought. Soooo... then to close this loop, either kxa has to email herself in the past, or someone pretending to be kxa needs to figure out her password and mail her in the past. Is that much true? I wasn't part of the earlier (?!) BFTF time shenanigans - is there anyone around who remembers how to do that?

I don't think I've ever played Dungeons and Dragons, though I came close once as a teen I think. Also, I met Justin Whalin once - he seemed like a really nice guy. The balthasarian version sounds like something that might be fun to play with the Little Wonder when she gets a bit older. :)

Those monsters are awesomeful!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:19 am UTC

Things here that made me happy recently (well, everything, really, but especially):

The goat/maple syrup story

My cake from Zooman. I hadn't noticed the RNM! (Did anyone get Lu's CakeTImeStyler to work after the forum migration?) (And maybe this will help to summon him.)

ggh's greenhouse. I was perfectly whelmed. I love it! Is it still standing?

The posts from squareroot and Liri. Always fun to see new faces!

Hearing that our OTTers and others survived the quake.

That randompixbot posted my first OTColored.

bachaddict's new wig hat. (I also thought that it was a picture of a redunda-owlmolpy instead of a redundakitty.)

balthasar's description of the D&D-like game he used to play.

The booklet his sister made.

That's yappo's cover got noticed.

That there was a fair bit of ketchup lately.

That you all are so awesomeful.

I never played Dungeons and Dragons. I always wanted to, just never had a group around that played. I was playing TwoWords, and enjoyed it. Then I came to my new job, and I'm not on the computer as much.

Edited to use the List feature instead.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:17 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:And I was right; the trip itself wasn't the worst. While there, we (sister, brother-in-law, me) met a fellow who was the Evil opposite of Molpy. {Do we have a term yet for that? The "Anti-Molp"??}#
# I wouldn't mind being able to vent about what happened and why, but that would take a while. Not sure if any of you want to hear it.
A good vent is gold, no? I'd be happy to read it if you want to take the trouble to type it. But if it would just stir up unmolpish feelings, forget I said anything.

Also, on NP2526 there were a couple of great doubledactyls - thanks svenman and thunk for chronicling the trials of pelrigg and Rakhal in rhyme!

lmjb1964 wrote:Is it still standing?
It's too early to speak of it. I'll post an update by the wipend.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:21 am UTC

balthasar: That's incredible! The Island of Black Raspberries sounds like a fascinating place just from the name alone.

Your adventures in the Beforewhen sound even better than DnD, and I'm really glad you're now putting a new spin on it with your sister; imagination is something to treasure and encourage, I've heard that it actively boosts IQ and baseline skills later in life too.

The older of my two daughters (3 years) is showing her imaginative prowess by making up songs about whatever she sees. Her vocabulary includes (accurate) usage of unusual words that don't get used in her normal day to day life at home; the fact that she can use them in context in an on-the-fly song never ceases to amaze me.

Kids are awesome! :)

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:24 am UTC

Ah, D&D... Used to play that a lot many years ago, til our group disintegrated. I wound up with all the club kit after that, so I have a HUGE box of dice still, not to mention a box full of 2nd Ed players handbooks, Deities and Demigods, DM's guide and all sorts of other things. We also had our own club magazine (physical paper :)) where we put the storified writeups of all our campaigns along with other articles people felt like writing (in our campaign world there were 12 mips of 25 dips each. The 25th of Uptimber (the 12th mip) was known as Hexmiss, because if you managed to get to the end of that day without being cursed, you wouldn't be cursed for the rest of that year!)

Good times. I remember things like the staff of nuclear fireballs, that involuntary caesarian section that one of our players had and many other things

Sad that it's all gone now. It's been a very long time since I've played...

--Rakhal

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:24 am UTC

Heh. Hearing from D&D brings back quite a few fond memories. I used to be a compulsive character maker :)

My best memory is probably from the first campaign I ever played. A friend on a scouting camp introduced our team to the game. Without any rulebooks on hand, it wound up being... interesting, with half remembered rules based loosely on AD&D and bizarrely adjudicated situations, but still incredibly fun.

The story started (IIRC. it was 15 years ago, so some details are probably incorrect, such as who did what) with the party waking up captive in a goblin camp, in various states of being prepared for dinner (we were the main course).
Two of us (ranger and cleric, if memory serves) were kept in a pen, on a small island in a pond filled with pirhanas. Two others (rogue and wizard) were suspended to a gantry, awaiting seasoning, and I (paladin) was already in the soup. Using a mix of stealth, McGyvering, and running frantically, we holed up in a hut with the ranger and myself guarding the entrance while the cleric tried to reanimate the wizard. Due to the circumstances of our escape, we suffered a severe lack of equipment, and had to use whatever we got our hands on. I was actually using a severed goblin head as an improvised club (can't remember how I got hold of it).

Unfortunately, that's about as far as my memory will take me, and I don't remember how we got out of there, but the frantic fun of improvising with whatever we found still brings me a smile whenever I think about it. That, and a pretty silly moment where I was attacking a goblin from behind (not very paladin-like, but hey. Escape first, honor later, once properly equipped), and missing several times in a row with the goblin completely failing to take notice of the head being waved around him. It's really those absurd situations, along with the freedom to try whatever you can think of that made me love D&D.

Timezones might make this a tad complicated, but if any OTTers want to try/get back into D&D, we could probably organise something via skype/roll20.

Edit :
lmjb1964 wrote:(Did anyone get Lu's CakeTImeStyler to work after the forum migration?)

Yup, works fine.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:07 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:12 pm UTC

karhell wrote:Timezones might make this a tad complicated, but if any OTTers want to try/get back into D&D, we could probably organise something via skype/roll20.

...I would be interested in that.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

balthasar_s

the island

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:59 pm UTC

Gingercat wrote:balthasar: That's incredible! The Island of Black Raspberries sounds like a fascinating place just from the name alone.

Some more info about the island:

On this island there are two main locations: the surface and the undergrounds.
In both locations there are monsters.

On the surfaces there are some caves which are the homes of the surface monsters.
There are three important trees which work as sources of information. Each tree provides a different kind of information:
truth, predictions, and lies (also useful because we at least know what is not true).
And there are the black raspberries growing in some places.
The island got its name from them.

The monsters like those raspberries very much.
They have many other food sources but the raspberries are important for them because of some interesting properties they have.
It's currently not known what exactly those properties are.
The number of monsters is rather high compared to the ammount of available black raspberries.
That's why they're often fighting about them.
The underground monsters try to steal some from the surface.
And the surface monsters try to not let that happen.

Agados is the king of the surface monsters. Bados is the king of underground monsters.

One entrance to the undergrounds is a gate which can be opened by a key. The key is hidden inside a fruit on a tree.
There are also some entrances located under the water.
They might also be some entrances in the monsters' caves but these are not a safe place.

In the undergrounds there are some darker holes where monsters live.
There is also a village. The entrance to this village is small and because of this the monsters are not able to get inside.
There is one monster who can. He is very small. He is not physically dangerous. But he is very fast and very clever. He works as a spy for Bados.
Agados also has a small monster spy working for him. These two little monsters are secretly best friends. Even though they work for opposite teams.
The inhabitants of this village are shorter than normal people. They are known (not to many people, but still) for the Mixture Of Wisdom that they make.
They have to eat this every month or two otherwise they start getting stupid ideas which is not safe in an environment filled with monsters.

Some time ago a princess arrived on the island. She wanted to explore the island. She was not prepared for the monsters. She didn't have the book that we have. The monsters kidnapped her and forced to farming the black raspberries for them. She tried to escape but her ship was no longer there. So now she is hiding in this underground village.

In the undergrounds there are also some pieces of paper with very interesting writings. How they got there?
There was a wizard living in the sea (or maybe, actually it was on an island - the story isn't well preserved). One day, during a storm one of his valuable books was taken away by the sea. The book later arrived on the Island of Black Raspberries. Some monsters found it. But they couldn't read it. It is written in a different alphabet. So they destroyed the book by ripping out the pages. These pages can now be found in some places.

Those pages are the main reason why we arrived on the island. Our main goal is to find as many of them as possible because of the valuable knowledge that can be found on them.
Apparently, the princess is able to understand this alphabet. She is well educated. So we have to cooperate with her.

-

When we were playing the game it was raining but only a little. We almost didn't feel the rain at all. When we entered the undergrounds the rain stopped. Totally related because there is no rain in the underground!

Also when we were outside and playing there was our cat. And the cat walked all over the place. We pretended that the cat was the little monster spy. And we carefully tried to not be seen by the cat. If the cat noticed us we had to eacape. Because soon there would arrive monsters trying to get us.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:27 pm UTC

That is an awesomeful story, balthabard.

Also, Facebug tells me that it's Somebody's Birthdip Now. I wish them a very molpish birthdip!

edit to fix mistake iiiii made.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

addams

Postby addams » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:05 pm UTC

Join The Living.
Every Morning?

This belongs in Morning Epiphany.
a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something,
usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

I hear the echo of an old Up-Beat Song.
"Meet Me In St. Lousie; Lousie."
"Meet Me At The Fair."

edit: Happy Birth Day, to Time's SomeBody!
HappyBirthDay to a lot of SomeBodies, too!

Thank you, balthasar_s for The Story....
Spoiler:
(such a sweet gift)
The story allows adults all over the world be balthasar_s childhood friends.

Today, in my world, there was Liquid Sunshine.
Bright White Sunlight through the Pouring Rain.
Spoiler:
Whether it be Cold.
Whether it be Hot.

There will be Weather.
Whether or Not.
Last edited by addams on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:38 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:30 am UTC

Don't tell me the sun is shining anywhere but there....

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

addams

Postby addams » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Don't tell me the sun is shining anywhere but there....

...uhh...ok.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:54 am UTC

taixzo wrote:
karhell wrote:Timezones might make this a tad complicated, but if any OTTers want to try/get back into D&D, we could probably organise something via skype/roll20.

Add the first of hopefully a few "me too"s to that.

ETA: And balthasar, I loved reading the additional story info. Well-written; I was "seeing" the locations in my mind somewhat (I really put the "imag[e]" in "imagination"!). It makes me think I should do something similar with my daughters; the eldest would love adventure roleplaying when she's a bit older, and our backyard has enough space and object variety to come up with a lot of ideas.

Really something to look forward to!

(At the moment her all-time favourite things to watch are "The Gruffalo", and "The Gruffalo's Child". She would watch them all day on repeat if she could.)

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 am UTC

Blind post:
Firstly. Glad to hear OTTers are ok after the quake. And my sympathies to the victims.

I did want to tell yappo that the Iron Seawolf has docked and "Hoisted The Black Flag" at my place. (The CD & goodies actually arrived on Mondip [the 14th], just in case you wanted to know travel times.)
Presentation (cover art, etc): ImageImageImageImage molpies of 10.
Music: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage rocling molpies of 10.
So, anyway, I enjoyed my first listen thru. And I'm looking forward to many more.

Per decree: {I did stop and saw what it was.}
Spoilered for seaishness
Spoiler:
A roomie was a DM* and one dip we decided to have some more adventures. So as my character is un-eventfully headed toward the (only) castle, he's franticly searching through his papers. He finally admits he can't find the castle.
He then says, "You've made it to the castle, however there are construction barriers in the way and a "Closed for Remodeling" sign on the door."
Me: I try the door anyway.
Him: A gnome wearing a construction hat opens the door puts a "This means you too" sign below the "Closed" sign and pointedly closes the door.
Me: I walk away muttering under my breath.
Him: As you crest the next hill, you notice a box on a tree marked "Complaint Dept."
Me: I go over and take a look.
Him: On the form it says "Please state the nature of your complaint in full detail in the space provided" and the space provided is less than a millimeter square surrounded by a thick black border. And you notice that the tip of the ridiculously oversized pencil is larger than the "space provided".
Me: I put the ridiculously oversized pencil up on my shoulder and make a check mark thru the "space provided" on the form; drop the form in the slot on the box and put the ridiculously oversized pencil back.
Him: The box unfolds; a carrier bat flies off towards the castle.
Me: I continue back to town with all my ill-gotten gains.
Him: Over the next rise you see a red box on a tree.
Me: I go over; take a look.
Him: The box has a big red button that says "Press Here"
Me: I think about it for a second, but I decide to keep going.
Him: Over the next rise you see a red box on a tree.
Me: I ignore it. Just keep walking.
Him: over the next rise... everything you see has a red box on it. All the trees, all the bushes, all the flower stems, all the blades of grass; all have a red box with a big red button that says "Press here".
Me: {sigh} ... I ... choose a tree ... I look the place over ... I un-shoulder my bow ... I stand off to one side and with the tip of my bow; I press the big red button.
Him: THE TOP FLIES OPEN; and Out pops a hand on real-long-spring holding a sign saying "Up yours Pelrigg!" ... and all of the other boxes slide down into the ground, followed by this one after it reeled itself back in.
Me: ... I ... continue back to town...
*(Dungeon Master, to mere mortals)
Did I ever mention that my forum name comes from this D&D character?

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

addams

Postby addams » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:39 am UTC

ahhh! ((gasp) pant-pant)
Dark! (i don't need fiction)

The night snuck up on me.
ahhh!(night is real!)

I shut my eyes.
Only once!

The next thing I knew,
It was dark and scary.

Thank goodness for the cool blue light of Time on the computer screen.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

thunk

1190: "Societal Whistling Past the Graveyard"

Postby thunk » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:07 am UTC

As we all know, Putin's VORD (Value over replacement dictator) is a measly 5.90, that doesn't even rank in the top 50...

That being said, there was apparently a decree. But I kind of forgot it.
There was some interesting fiction for class involved.
There is also sleep deprivation involved.

I hope you all can find molpishness in your life.
If you have trouble, I recommend asking addams. She seems to have it sorted.

The arrow of Time moves inexorably.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

addams

Postby addams » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:06 am UTC

Sorted?
Somebodies reached out and helped me.
I am warm and comfy on a cold dark night.

I am comfy because of the cool blue light that reflects from faces all over The World.
How can I thank Time enough? How can I help the others that have fallen without you?

oh, Thunk; Sleep deprivation is not good for you or me.
May you find comfort and sleep the sleep of The Just.

Sweet Dreams and Night-Night.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:36 am UTC

These D&D stories are great! And balthabro - your little sister's plot is amazing! I'm trying to decide if it would make a better movie or book. I'm leaning towards animated film, but that may be because I watch a lot of animated films.

addams wrote:I am comfy because of the cool blue light that reflects from faces all over The World.
They say that cool blue light isn't good for sleep, but I've always been skeptical.

Here's a RELATED earthquake tidbit. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8655203 ... r-kaikoura
Agatha the Awesomeful

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:55 pm UTC

ggh wrote:They say that cool blue light isn't good for sleep, but I've always been skeptical.
I was too, but I installed redshift on my sand, and when I click it to toggle it on at night, my eyes just go "ahhhhhhhh!" (which is the opposite of "aaaaaaaah!"). I'm converted.

I've replaced most of the incandescents in the house with LEDs, but I won't do that in the bedroom.

Hope they get that riverbed stuff sorted out. Maybe we should send some beanies? OTOH, they don't have a good track record. Is it even possible to "fix" the problem, or do people just stay away until it breaks of its own accord?

Love the Balthadungeon story! Yes, actually doing the thing in real life sounds fun! I don't have much of a D&D story, but I did contribute in an unknown (at that time) way to the D&D culture at college. A story for later. You know what to do.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:15 pm UTC

ggh wrote:These D&D stories are great! And balthabro - your little sister's plot is amazing! I'm trying to decide if it would make a better movie or book. I'm leaning towards animated film, but that may be because I watch a lot of animated films.

I can just imagine this as done by Miyazaki.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:23 pm UTC

I have started a neoblitz through the last year. I am now at Jan 6, and Tallbean and Shortbean are going down in the elevator again, just armed with little sticks (or laptop computers seen from the side). Meanwhile, submarine bots are building a wall. I don't know why I post this, but I am sitting in my car waiting for Medium-sized Daughter to finish dancing class, so I haven't much to do.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:49 pm UTC

Hi mikrit!
I've interrupted my blitz of the stuff I missed while I was in the US, to slowly do a ketchup of some even more recent pastpages. Molpishness can come from any part of the Timeline, no?

Right now I'm revisiting all the treeish movie titles folks came up with on NP2527. :)

addams wrote:True Story:
Spoiler:
I went camping with a California Girl and her boyfriend in the Olympic Peninsula.
After three days her temper flared, she said, "Why The Fuck is it Still! Raining!??"

I told her, "Because we are in a Rain Forest."
She yelled, "Rain Forests are in South America!!"

That was a college educated woman.
She was also a damp and unhappy girl.

I recommend Armchair Tourism.
You can put the book down and go make a nice cup of tea,
when the weather turns foul and the sleeping bags are wet.
I can relate. My love of the Great Outdoors is a Summertime Love. :)
A warm summer rain is fun, but if I can't be warm with minimal layers, I'd rather enjoy an alternate pastime.

Ooh - Miyazaki - yes! Or I also recently saw Mune - those guys might do a nice job too.

I heard about redshift... I keep meaning to check it out....

I'm not sure what will happen with the new dam. Waikaremoana on the North Island was made by a landslide. I think I might have mentioned that lake once before... ETA: Oh yes, long ago, here.
Agatha the Awesomeful

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:56 pm UTC

Allrelated:
The current 2 words game starts with a kernel panic.
And now my computer did its first kernel panic ever, today:
kpnck.jpg

Qwertial Aphasia is a real thing.
I was writing an email today.
Instead of "Best regards" I typed "Bug reports".
BSTA

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:58 pm UTC

addams wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Don't tell me the sun is shining anywhere but there....

...uhh...ok.

It's the next line in the song!

pelrigg, your D&D story made me :azule:.

ggh wrote:Here's a RELATED earthquake tidbit. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8655203 ... r-kaikoura

We should send them a link to the OTC, so they know to RUN.

balthasar_s wrote:Allrelated:
The current 2 words game starts with a kernel panic.
And now my computer did its first kernel panic ever, today:
kpnck.jpg

Bug reports,
lmjb1964

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:16 am UTC

addams wrote:Join The Living.
Every Morning
<snip>
I hear the echo of an old Up-Beat Song.
"Meet Me In St. Louis; Louis."
"Meet Me At The Fair."

Judy Garland's Meet Me In St. Louis, Louis.

ETA: Great, my wipend was already going to be full, and now I want to rewatch that and Singin' In The Rain.

Also, New AuthorComic.

Should that have been a double post, or is editing okay for OtherComics?
Wait For It.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:47 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Bug reports,
lmjb1964
If you write about your RAZOR adventures, are these LMJBugreports?
BSTA

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:09 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
lmjb1964

:azule:
They might not have been before, but now they'll have to. That's an awesomeful name ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

macraw83

Re: 1190: "Molpish Time"

Postby macraw83 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:26 pm UTC

2 pages of ketchup done today. Only behind 2.

Eternal Density wrote:Sorry for the news delay, but at leas it's molpish news: my blood test last wip came back all normal :D
And my lungs sound right, and no enlarged lymph nodes in my pants.
Awesomeful! Molpish news!

GnomeAnne wrote:On an unrelated note, someone mistook my soon-to-be-trebuchet for scrap metal and made off with it. Art this rate I won't be able to update my avatar to the live action version until spring.

Edited for spoiler, thanks thunk.
Less molpish news... who would do something like that?

lmjb1964 wrote:Yay, lots of OTTers stopping by todip! Hi, mscha (via randompixbot), macraw83+4, Link, azule, karhell, ggh, micdi, and the rest (a la "Gilligan's Island." :D )

87For some reason, macraw, this is the number I always want to put in your name. :)

ETA for GnomeAnne:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG24SX4HEK8
Hi, Laura Mae! And no worries about the 85±2. It's a surprisingly common mistake, and neither number has any direct connection to anything obvious about me anyway. 83 just stuck out as an interesting 2-digit number to me as a child for a few reason, and it just kind of stuck.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:21 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:ggh's greenhouse. I was perfectly whelmed. I love it! Is it still standing?

It stands!
In fact, as of Friday night it's finished - yay! Well, maybe not finished, but finished enough to start putting plants into.

The northerly came Monday night, and swapped around to a southerly Thursday night. On the NZ weather site, they both only got a little above 100kph, but the southerly sure seemed worse at my place - I checked the geonet page a few times wondering if the shaking I felt was aftershocks, but it was just the wind.

In a strange way, the earthquake actually helped the greenhouse. Monday morning I was looking for information and came across
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/nz-earthquake/86420416/Ghost-city-Wellington-residents-abandon-central-city-after-7-5-earthquake wrote:Wellingtonians were also being warned not to preoccupy themselves with Monday's earthquake and to batten down the hatches instead before severe weather arrives.

Wellington Region Emergency Management Office regional manager Bruce Pepperell said 140kmh winds and heavy rain were expected to hit the capital on Monday night.

<snip>

"We will be monitoring throughout the evening. But the danger is people will be preoccupied with the earthquake and [not] prepared for the storm and the anger in front of us. They should tie down trampolines, put garden furniture away and check their properties."
Now, this is embarrassing, but sometimes I really think inside the box - and even make smaller boxes to think inside. For the greenhouse, I considered the tradeoffs between sturdiness and letting lot of light through - what's the point of the greenhouse standing, if the plants inside couldn't benefit from the extra sun? - and put myself in the box of living with my choice 24/7. The tying-down-the-trampolines advice kinda shook me awake to the rather obvious reality that design choices weren't some grand final word. Sure it's windy here and my greenhouse should be able to weather the wind, but the number of gales per year is finite, even in Wellington. So I threw a cargo net over the whole thing, and fastened it tight enough to bow the plexiglass a bit. During the brief calm while the wind changed, I made and attached the door, nailed a board across it and stapled some heavy fabric across the open windows. Duh. I don't know why it took WREMO's permission for me to think I could do that. Whenever a gale is forecast, that cargo net is going on.

Friday, while the wind changed again back to northerly, I unwrapped my storm package, and made the little windows for the door and the walls to either side of it. I finished off by making a handle of number 8 wire that can latch the door from either side.

The Little Wonder then tested this handle thoroughly. :) Happiness.
Agatha the Awesomeful

addams

Postby addams » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:44 pm UTC

Yey! For #8 Wire!
Coming Soon to New Zealand!
Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Rex Begonias!

ooohhh....(shh)
Here in NZ North...
!!SKUNK!!

I look at the night sky at all hours.
At 3 a.m. I saw my local Skunk.

Such a luxuriously pretty animal.
Yet; So scary. He makes me gasp.

When unhappy Skunk smell Bad.
I do nothing to make him unhappy.

One never knows with those guys.
They are easily upset.
They are not very bright.
They are highly myopic.

Yep. Yes.
I see it now.
The Skunk should be my national mammal.

May your day be Mopish and Bright.
Hugs and Kisses. (with permission)

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:51 pm UTC

On page 2441,
StormAngel wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

OTTer Bot - a cautionary tale

Thanks to mikrit for the beanie.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
1646 - OtterBot.png
?em eveileb on uoy yhw,tnadnuder saw diaS
Balthasar_1.png

Ah yes: the beanie of Morris dancer #2. I'd recognize it anywhere. Just look at the hand-knitted Merino wool, the Italian black dye, the one-size-fits-all design, and the washing instructions in five languages ("Handwash only. Do not use hypersaline water.") Glad to see it reused - reuse is sustainable.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:26 pm UTC

Wow, I guess I really went overboard when trying to avoid most of the internet over the last few wips, I hadn't heard about the earthquake(s) until just now during my ketchup. I am so glad everyOTTer is safe, and I hope for the safe rescue of everyone in Kaikoura.

Now for the rest of my ketchup:
yappobiscuits wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

Molpish! I live in Lakebottom. Iron SeaWolpy are based mainly in Weedle. For our recent tour, the other two bands played in Dampshire followed by Whaling, before we joined them up in Glassdoor. We then went through the Highlands to Everdeen, then our northernmost gig in the Helcaraxe. We then went back down through Eavestroughs and Seasedge for our next gig in Eyemouth. Then we had a day off so went back to Weedle to recuperate before the next gig in Hillfolk. After that we took the long journey through West Norsussex, South Norwessex, Nothingham and Cumberbatch, in order to reach our final gig which was in (oh man, can't wait to see what funny name GLR's come up with for London) ...London.
Is it bad that, for the most part, this sounds like about what I would expect from someone travelling throughout the UK?

balthasar_s wrote:Only a little related to the decree.

I never played DnD. I now what it is.

When I was younger and still going to school we liked to play a game. We called it "odkrywcy" (discoverers).
Spoiler:
There were four of us. I, my sister, and two friends. I was the only guy in the team. Most often there were three of us playing this, sometimes 2 or 4.
This required some time so we played it on free days.

The game had two phases.
The first one was called "map drawing".
In this part we would sit together in a room and "draw maps".

Actually it was more.
We created the setup for our adventure:
What's the location.
What is looks like?
Who and what lives there, what items, places, structures, buildings, landmarks are there?
the stories of that place, interesting details, our goals, how we got there, and so on.

Each one of us would create the setup for their own advenure, so there were more.
But we talked loudly about everything so we contributed ideas to each other's adventure.
The main, central event was drawing the maps. Everything else happened "around" it while the maps were created.
Of course, because of this "everything else" the maps needed some time to be done.
At the end each of us had a map (one sheet of paper, sometimes more) and lots of ideas. We would also write or draw some other things but not often. Usually only the map was actually made and the rest was just in our ideas.

After the first phase we could start the second one.
Sometimes we had to do it the next day because it was too late.

The second phase would be called "adventure", "journey" or whatever else.
In this part we were playing the adventures that we prepared before. Not necessary all of them the same day, depending on length and time. They weren't very long however.

We did not sit and tell what's happenig, what we're doing, etc.
Instead we went outside.
We were actually walking, running, pretending to do all the actions: hiding, fighting, talking, collecting things, etc.
And we imagined the worlds that we created.

The person whose map we were playing was the equivalent of a Game Master. They would decide what's happening, what effects our actions have and such things. At the same time the adventure author was also a normal "player". Or even more, the adventure author often was the leader of our team.
There were no official rules. We made them up when we needed them. There were no dice, no points, no such things. The adventure author decided what happened and how. Also, we could protest against those decisions.
That was very much fun.
I was the oldest, and the result of this was that my maps were more detailed and my adventures were longer.

It's already many years since the last time we played this. Also, we don't meet those friends any more.

>

Recently, however, I decided to try to reactivate this game with my youngest sister (6 years).
Because of her young age and because she didn't know this game everything was different.
We only made one adventure. Her adventure, but I was helping.
Her maps weren't very detailed (but had colors!) The our maps from the old times were much more detailed. For us the map was THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WHOLE ADVENTURE. For her, not so much.

But I'm still impressed by what she did.
She made up a world (the Island of Black Raspberies), some detail about the location, the important trees, the caves, the monsters, the undergrounds, some characters, traps, items.
She made a small "book" of a few sheets of paper. It included two maps, some drawings, some writings, and two little stories. not all of the ideas were in the book.
Here is a scan:
http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=53215

One week later we played this. For obvoius reasons this too was different than in the older days but still fun. She liked it too.
I'm looking forward to the future in which we can make more interesting adventures in this game when she gets a little older.

Redundant:
wcm.zip

I will not post any story, however. While playing we don't put any effort into trying to remember all the events and happenings.
Wowterful! That sounds similar to what some would call LARPing (live-action role-playing), though it seems from outside the LARP community most people use the acronym in a disparaging context. Sounds like a ton of fun though, and I'm glad that you're able to share experiences like that with your sisters :)

ggh, I am impressed by your ingenuity! That greenhouse is awesomeful, especially since you just threw it together with whatever you had around the house! I am also very glad that it withstood not only the earthquake but also the 100 kph winds you were experiencing (by the way, are winds that fast typical, or was this a particularly strong storm? That's approaching hurricane-force winds right there...)

For decree: I have been both a player and a DM off and on throughout the last 8 yips or so, and I am currently both right now in two separate campaigns. In the one where I'm a player, my wife is the DM, and we are currently embroiled in a "wild hunt" of sorts - one of the members of the party has contracted lycanthropy (the disease that turns one into a werecreature, specifically a werebear in his case), and in attempting to obtain the heart of a lycanthrope in order to heal our friend we angered the "god of the hunt", Hircine (who was originally a Daedric Prince from the Elder Scrolls series that she ported over to her D&D setting), who had us captured and brought to his realm where he placed us in a "Hunger Games"-style arena, and released similar to a reverse fox hunt of sorts (where we are the "foxes" and an assortment of lycanthropes are the "foxhounds"), with the stipulation that if we survive until the morning our lives will be spared. We ended the last session having just stumbled into a clearing currently occupied with two weremammoths, with other foul creatures hot on our trails.

And with that, I'm fully ketchupped!
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:58 pm UTC

The recent post about Bach and bachaddict reminded me of something.
The whistling in WHYDTMT at 0:03 and 1:13.
I was whistling that from memory. I heard it played on a piano and I really liked it.
Recently, I found the notes of this.
And, apparently, this was music from Bach!
Polonaise in G Minor BWV Anh 119
But i heard this without the repetitions.
You can also hear this twice in "Nie Śpij".

ggh wrote:D'oh! I think I made some rectilinear assumptions and the raptors got loose in my train of thought. Soooo... then to close this loop, either kxa has to email herself in the past, or someone pretending to be kxa needs to figure out her password and mail her in the past. Is that much true? I wasn't part of the earlier (?!) BFTF time shenanigans - is there anyone around who remembers how to do that?
But who said that the loop has to be closed and that it be now? It's time shenanigans, after all.
Also, there are some other time shenanigans going on now.
BSTA

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:29 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:

Me too! Extremely far in the basement right now (to deep even for footnotes), but I was just skimming the latest newpage before posting an "I miss y'all but still can't ketchup" message and saw this - I've always been a fan of d&d and it's variants, but only once had a solid consistent group, which disbanded about 3 weeks after I joined (a curse I carry to this day - I dabble in online mmos, but whenever I join a persistent group - in most games it's termed a "guild" - it falls apart shortly thereafter) If this happens and y'all dare to brave my curse, PLEASE let me know, I'd love a chance to be a part of it

EDITED TO ADD:
p.s. if this does happen, my only request is that addams is in charge of narration - I don't know if she has any interest in being DM, but if not I hope whoever does can channel her pure genus in painting a scene
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Randomly Revisited - np1931

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 pm UTC

RONGLEADERS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by NoMouse, filtering his own Colorization through Dreamscope.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I AM GOATEE, HEAR ME ROAR

-- posted by randompixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:34 pm UTC

addams wrote:Yey! For #8 Wire!
Coming Soon to New Zealand!
Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Rex Begonias!
Spoiler:
ooohhh....(shh)
Here in NZ North...
!!SKUNK!!

I look at the night sky at all hours.
At 3 a.m. I saw my local Skunk.

Such a luxuriously pretty animal.
Yet; So scary. He makes me gasp.

When unhappy Skunk smell Bad.
I do nothing to make him unhappy.

One never knows with those guys.
They are easily upset.
They are not very bright.
They are highly myopic.
Yep. Yes.
I see it now.
The Skunk should be my national mammal.
<guffaw> too funny :)
On the other hand,
TVNZ News wrote:Four helicopters from Australia, Canada and the US have offloaded 216 tonnes of supplies for Kaikoura.
That's awful nice. :)

Tomatoes are underway! They look confused in the greenhouse. They are tall and thin from trying to find the sun inside my house.
Cucumbers and begonias... not yet at least... but I was pondering getting some cucumbers. And marigolds - I think they make good companion flowers for vegetables - they keep the bugs away.

macraw83 wrote:ggh, I am impressed by your ingenuity! That greenhouse is awesomeful, especially since you just threw it together with whatever you had around the house! I am also very glad that it withstood not only the earthquake but also the 100 kph winds you were experiencing (by the way, are winds that fast typical, or was this a particularly strong storm? That's approaching hurricane-force winds right there...)
Today's a beautiful day - here's the forecast and past weather report for today from two suburbs that my house lies between, Kelburn and Lyall Bay:
Spoiler:
That missing value should have been recorded as 102.

I'm a bit closer to the airport weather station in Lyall Bay - in fact I can see it as I type - but it's on the flat close to sea level, and I'm a wee bit higher up, maybe 40-50m, on the side of a ridge beside a bay. I don't know what kind of difference that makes. It'd be fun to have a wind-measurey-thingie.

The Kelburn station is up in the Botanic Garden in the hills. The avg wind speeds tend to be lower, but the gusts higher. I usually look at that forecast, because it's the default Wellington forecast, so I hadn't noticed this different behaviour before. When I saw the Lyall Bay avg numbers climbing into the 70s Thursday night I thought the gust numbers (which we don't see until the day after) would be above 120, but they were only a mere 93 at the airport and 102 in Kelburn.

balthasar_s wrote:
ggh wrote:D'oh! I think I made some rectilinear assumptions and the raptors got loose in my train of thought. Soooo... then to close this loop, either kxa has to email herself in the past, or someone pretending to be kxa needs to figure out her password and mail her in the past. Is that much true? I wasn't part of the earlier (?!) BFTF time shenanigans - is there anyone around who remembers how to do that?
But who said that the loop has to be closed and that it be now? It's time shenanigans, after all.
Well, you brought it up. D'oh! Did I make another rectilinear assumption?
(I wonder what my OTT stats are for getting my questions answered with other questions.)
balthasar_s wrote:Also, there are some other time shenanigans going on now.
Oh dear... anyone have any ideas?

rsir:
Spoiler:
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 10.59.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 11.01.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 11.03.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 11.03.51 AM.png
Agatha the Awesomeful

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:00 am UTC

karhell wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:
lmjb1964

:azule:
They might not have been before, but now they'll have to. That's an awesomeful name ^^

What karhell said. :)

ggh wrote: It'd be fun to have a wind-measurey-thingie.

That is of course the official scientific term for it. :D Congrats on finishing the greenhouse, and having it still stand! More pictures, please.

I'm hoping that you finishing that project after hearing you talk about the various unfinished projects will inspire me. For a while i've been collecting bricks from a website call Freecycle, where people post stuff they don't need anymore. I have a very small area that I want to make into a brick patio. I didn't have enough bricks to do it, so it was easy to put if off. I just recently got more than enough bricks. Now I'm hoping to find the motivation to actually do it. I did, however, manage to finish two other inside projects--fixing my hoop petticoat and making a skirt for the Dickens Fair tomorrow. (The DIckens Fair is like the Renaissance Fair, but with fancier clothes and less dirt.) I wanted to make a jacket to go with the skirt, but since the Fair is tomorrow, that seems unlikely. I did whip the skirt out in a couple of hours, but it was pretty simple.

It's funny how a little ol' skunkmolpy can cause so much panic. I was walking through my trailer park once when I saw two of them heading towards me with their tails up. You should have seen how fast I turned and ran the other direction. My friend who was a Boy Scout leader tells the story of how he and his assistant scout master, tough guys who aren't afraid of much, were taking some Scouts for a hike along a narrow trail. They were both at the head of the group when suddenly they saw a skunkmolpy approach. In a moment of great leadership, they both immediately scrambled up the hill away from the trail, leaving the scouts behind them to the mercy of the skunk. :D

ggh wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:
Well, you brought it up. D'oh! Did I make another rectilinear assumption?
(I wonder what my OTT stats are for getting my questions answered with other questions.)
balthasar_s wrote:Also, there are some other time shenanigans going on now.
Oh dear... anyone have any ideas?

:azule:, I had the same thought--wasn't balthapuzzler the one who said it had to be closed? :) I guess he just mentioned that it was still open...I have no clue. I am no good at figuring those things out.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”