Page 514 of 2688

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:22 pm UTC
by Sciscitor
KarMann wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:Should it worry me that I have a file called OneTruePost.txt that I use for composing my next posting on here? (Yes, I hand-type the bbcode in it.) Should it worry me more that I also have a OneTruePost2.txt?

I'd be more worried about whether it worries the Inquisition, if I were you. A second One True X sounds rather heretical. Unless you're one of those Paradox types, of course, in which case it is de rigueur, I'm sure.

I would not suggest this normally, but we are a quite nerdy lot here, so:
There are BBcode Plugins for vim (sorry no links, just google it, there are just too many) and Sublime Text 2.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm UTC
by Neil_Boekend
BlitzGirl wrote:I was thinking about Time fanfiction, since that was brought up earlier, and specifically Cuegan shippers (inevitable).

And how, ten newpix after the hottest, steamiest erotica fanfic of Megan and Cueball is posted on the thread, OTC Megan will say: "You're such a great brother!" or something to that effect.



(Yes, I need to coma. Off to do that now.)


Maybe I have to little imagination, but how can stick figure art be hot and steamy?

*Googles*

Ah. Imagination is sparked, but we can do better, can't we? Let's see if I can find a free Newpix the next couple of deca Newpix.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:38 pm UTC
by ucim
pablithemantis wrote:The moment you bring up an incorrect latin translation of an error message into an XKCD thread, my fate is sealed.

error occuravit. volasne dicere microsofti huius?
(An error has occurred. do you want to tell Microsoft of this?)

missionem proficiebam.
Of course it's an incorrect translation - it's coming from Redmond!

In any case, welcome to the One True Thread. :)

pablithemantis wrote:Has anyone yet brought up the fact that Randall dramatically reeled us in to the storyline by keeping the characters silent for the majority of the animation
We are so pwned.

BlitzGirl wrote:What does Megan keep staring at?
Clearly
d) None of the above, assuming that we must Wait for it. I suppose speculation is harmless, but in excess it disturbs the wa of truly Waiting For It.

PhoenixRising wrote:I finished my quest several (17) Newpix ago. I believe you already crowned me as BlitzGirl the Next though, or was there a more formal ceremony I missed?
I acknowledged you informally, but realized that such an awesome accomplishment merits a grander pronouncement. I also wanted to give any silent Blitzers a chance to come forward. We might even be able to get BlitzGirl the First herself to attend; she might have a few Words to say at the ceremony.

Jose

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:00 pm UTC
by Flotter
ONG:
Image

The River1 doesn't seem to rise, so I assume she's returned to the Castle and is speaking about the Sea2
1Small, pretty neat
2Big

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:02 pm UTC
by SBN
ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:What does Megan keep staring at?
Clearly
d) None of the above, assuming that we must Wait for it. I suppose speculation is harmless, but in excess it disturbs the wa of truly Waiting For It.

One must note, that though the wa is disturbed, the it-ing is still quite intact.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:03 pm UTC
by XonqNopp
Flotter wrote:ONG:
Spoiler:
Image

So the Sea1 is not in front of them aside the River2, but not too far3...

1 which is Big
2 is small
3 and can do whatever it wants (such as rising)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:04 pm UTC
by BlitzGirl
Aha! Based on that newpix, I think she is staring at

b) The Sea, which is BIG.

It's nice to have an answer for that. :)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:04 pm UTC
by higgs-boson
That's it.
Enough is enough.

I was offline for two days and had to catch up > 50 forum pages.

In my opinion, it is time to CLOSE the one true needle pulled thing, iff ...

... huh. Since xkcd.com/time seems to be planned as long-running project, I'd suggest a subforum for 1190:Time. In this, I'd expect threads like

  • Read this first!
  • NewPix Bot
  • statistics put in fancy
  • technically speaking...
  • where are they, and when?
  • Cute LaPetite (fanfiction)
  • Hats from wonderland
  • About BlitzGirl
  • smalltalk
  • religion il1umnated
  • big bag theory, bag notice, and other so-called puns
  • poems and Time song lore
  • hey, did you notice this javascript????
  • ...

... and it would be MY choice which to read first, and when.
Sigh.

Crazy you.

And I wanted to {spoiler} the PSE triggering image, again, just to annoy people...
Spoiler:
... *sing along* Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down... (heh)


(

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:08 pm UTC
by VeloCityGirl
Help! I'm getting pulled under in the rising tide of the OTT! And I'll be computerless for 2 days...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:10 pm UTC
by PhoenixRising
StratPlayer wrote:Now caught up from my microBlitz between leaving work and now.

And... I heard a song on the radio on the way home and was like, "oh yeah, this is SO THIS THREAD!!!"

So -- thanks to enormous demand (or simply 'cause I felt like it)-- here's yet another Time Song Parody, about what we're ALL doing right now:


Our Mad Randallville
(based on "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett)
<snip>


I could actually hear Margaritaville playing in my head as I read that, and your lyrics match perfectly. +1 Internets to you!




IIRC the real Google Bot is in brackets, like so: "[Google Bot]". This one is most likely a joke account.


ucim wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:I finished my quest several (17) Newpix ago. I believe you already crowned me as BlitzGirl the Next though, or was there a more formal ceremony I missed?
I acknowledged you informally, but realized that such an awesome accomplishment merits a grander pronouncement. I also wanted to give any silent Blitzers a chance to come forward. We might even be able to get BlitzGirl the First herself to attend; she might have a few Words to say at the ceremony.


I'm sure I'm not the only other one to race back to the Present. There are probably a couple of guests lurkers ninjas who are just too intent on staying hidden to come forth and claim their accomplishments. C'mon out, ninjas, we have cake. And cookies. And bacon1.

And you say BlitzGirl the First might think of attending this ceremony? :shock: Such a thing is an unparalleled honor of which I am totally unworthy.

EDIT:

higgs-boson wrote:That's it.
Enough is enough.

I was offline for two days and had to catch up > 50 forum pages.


Ah-HA! We have another BlitzGirl the Next! Well done, higgs-boson!

higgs-boson wrote:And I wanted to {spoiler} the PSE triggering image, again, just to annoy people...
Spoiler:
... *sing along* Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down... (heh)


(


Oh, you.

Now the image I can live with. That particular variant I can enjoy, even. But the parentheses was uncalled for!
)


It also occurred to me, although I know it's been kinda-sorta brought up already, that the OTC is channeling Hunger Games just a bit. Book Two, I think, with the water-heavy environment? I don't know why M&C would build a sandcastle under such circumstances, but it's entirely possible (given Panem's level of technological advancement) that the material wasn't sand at all, but a sort of much stronger sand. The castle would be a lookout post. Must've been one heck of a silver parachute to provide all those building materials, though. That part I still don't get. But not knowing how anything works... having physics not work quite as expected (anyone remember the forcefield at the edge of the Games environment that decided a match?)... being short on supplies... all consistent with the Games.


1: As far as I can tell it hasn't been spiked with anything yet

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:15 pm UTC
by PacMan
Flotter wrote:The River1 doesn't seem to rise, so I assume she's returned to the Castle and is speaking about the Sea2

I don't think that she could have walked back to the castle and returned to the river that fast. Or has she used the steam bottle to fly?
So that leaves us with the question: What is still rising?
Or maybe she saw that the sea is rising somewhere else (not at the castle)?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:18 pm UTC
by Bytes
Speaking of internets, does anyone else remember primis? He's got to #52 on the internets leaderboard

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:20 pm UTC
by Exodies
PhoenixRising wrote:
IIRC the real Google Bot is in brackets, like so: "[Google Bot]". This one is most likely a joke account.


Are you out of your mind? What have you been smoking? The real Google Bot is "Google [Bot]". To garble the nicks of OTC visitors like that is heresy and blasphemy.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:23 pm UTC
by NoMouse
SBN wrote:
Vytron wrote:Wait, what? SBN, did you just5 post a picture of the present frame in http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png instead of the hash-past frame?? Am I looking at the Present!? And your post is now a permanent window into the present?! I've been spoiled! Ack!

Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how it gets to this. Thankfully, these are rare events...

(5Means my present in the past, Apr 12, 2013 11:01 am UTC)


Yes, I did. But now I've edited it, so no future travelers will be spoiled. I thought I'd gotten all the times I'd made the mistake, but apparently not. Thank you.

Is there a way to effectively search the whole needle-pulled thing for images that use the wrong url and thus are revealing the future for time travelers? I tried both forum search and Google search but with no luck. Forum search is giving me false-positive results and Google seems to be unable to search for image addresses that are not in plain text.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:24 pm UTC
by xpatiate
PacMan wrote:Or maybe she saw that the sea is rising somewhere else (not at the castle)?


Yes I think so:

XonqNopp wrote:So the Sea1 is not in front of them aside the River2, but not too far3...


Looks like she just ducked back/sideways/up a hill to check, then returned.

Must be time for somebody to draw a map?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:25 pm UTC
by Valarya
Swein wrote:
Swein wrote:
123Adz321 wrote:Sing me a sONG!
Spoiler:
Image

Ain't that sweet! He's going to poo and is preparing a hole for it. :roll:

My guess is that pooing was censored... Could of course also be the burial of half eaten otternoses from their meal.


No, no. He already poo'd in newpic #1047, remember?! :mrgreen: See below.

Valarya wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
SBN wrote:
Spoiler:
Image


Did someone say "fire"?


I thought Megan was just eating the rope and
Spoiler:
Cueball was taking a shit.


edit: that was my 200th post?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:32 pm UTC
by jjjdavidson
Sciscitor wrote:
KarMann wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:Should it worry me that I have a file called OneTruePost.txt that I use for composing my next posting on here? (Yes, I hand-type the bbcode in it.) Should it worry me more that I also have a OneTruePost2.txt?

I'd be more worried about whether it worries the Inquisition, if I were you. A second One True X sounds rather heretical. Unless you're one of those Paradox types, of course, in which case it is de rigueur, I'm sure.

I would not suggest this normally, but we are a quite nerdy lot here, so:
There are BBcode Plugins for vim (sorry no links, just google it, there are just too many) and Sublime Text 2.

Okay, I lose nerd points: I had to wikipedia both vim and Sublime Text. For simple stuff like forum posts I still rely on Notepad; for more complex editing I've finally advanced to Notepad++. Whee!

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 pm UTC
by AluisioASG
Exodies wrote:
Valarya wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:I see some folks here speak arrogantly when mentioning the Outer Threads. I must warn you that the forum thread for xkcd #2300, the first 11-dimensional comic, got 3.14k replies in the first two days.


Are you from the future? :shock:

Some interesting numbers here:
3.14 approximately pi
23 approximately half the Adams number 42
11 the smallest symmetrical two digit number

3.14 ≈ π
2300 = 1110 + 1190
11 = number of dimensions in the M-theory


Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I was thinking about Time fanfiction, since that was brought up earlier, and specifically Cuegan shippers (inevitable).

And how, ten newpix after the hottest, steamiest erotica fanfic of Megan and Cueball is posted on the thread, OTC Megan will say: "You're such a great brother!" or something to that effect.

Maybe I have to little imagination, but how can stick figure art be hot and steamy?

Print And Burn™

mathrec wrote:
Spoiler:
AluisioASG wrote:I want to sing this:


Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the sea and see

... (someone continue!)


I'm just a Cueball. I need no sympathy, because
I'm easy come, easy go. Little high little low.
Even if the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me...to me.

Megan. Just just slipped again.
Dropped my bottle, oh dear me.
Now it's floating out to sea.
And Megan. Our walk had just begun.
And now it floating all away.
Megan, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry.
If we get back home again tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters.

Too late. Our Time has come
Sends shivers down my spine.
Ocean's rising all the time.
Goodbye to our castle - We've got to go.
Gotta leave it all behind and find the truth.
Megan, ooo (even if the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little sillouetto of a man
Trebuchet, trebuchet will it wreck the sand castle?
Scaffolding and rising
Very enterpising...we
build it higher, build it higher,
build it higher, build it higher,
build it higher...
(La Petite: "magnifico")

I'm just a poor boy, somebody tell me
He's just a poor boy, never seen reality
Show him some life past this monstrosity
Easy come easy go - will you let me go?
Oh Cueball, pack your bag and we will go. Time to go!
Oh cueball, pack your bag and we will go. Time to go!
It's time for us to go. Time to go!
Now it's time to go. Time to go!
Time for us to go - ooo
Go, go, go, go, go, go, go
Oh Megan whee-oh, Megan whee-oh, Megan whee-oh...we can go!
The rising sea is a riddle made for you and me
so we...
so we...

So you think we can roam free and wander outside?
So you think we can leave here and then become wise?
Oh baby - just come now with me baby
Just gotta get out - just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah.
Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matter - nothing really matters to me
(Even if the wind blows)


Oh, that's great!
Now we need to record this!

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:40 pm UTC
by patzer
AluisioASG wrote:Oh, that's great!
Now we need to record this!

there are a lot of songs we need to record...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:40 pm UTC
by Neil_Boekend
NoMouse wrote:Is there a way to effectively search the whole needle-pulled thing for images that use the wrong url and thus are revealing the future for time travelers? I tried both forum search and Google search but with no luck. Forum search is giving me false-positive results and Google seems to be unable to search for image addresses that are not in plain text.


From my limited programming-like experiences I would hazard a guess that it's quite possible.
Automated searches in the OTT have been done (by Kieryn) If a script were made that searched for "time.png" and outputted a list of posts (with username) with "time.png" in it someone could PM the users that posted it (except for PostNo 1, by rhomboidal). The users then could mend the error of their ways and the Blitzers would be safe from spoilers.

Alas, my scripting prowess do not allow me to script such a thing. I would be willing to help with the PMing if there are to many to handle.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:43 pm UTC
by cellocgw
BlitzGirl wrote:I was thinking about Time fanfiction, since that was brought up earlier, and specifically Cuegan shippers (inevitable).

And how, ten newpix after the hottest, steamiest erotica fanfic of Megan and Cueball is posted on the thread, OTC Megan will say: "You're such a great brother!" or something to that effect.


Naah, the last thing we need is a Star Wars reference :P .

Also: I'm thrilled to see one of my posts got a direct response from you. I'm honored to be noticed by such select company!

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:47 pm UTC
by htom
higgs-boson wrote:That's it.
Enough is enough.

I was offline for two days and had to catch up > 50 forum pages.

In my opinion, it is time to CLOSE the one true needle pulled thing, iff ...

... huh. Since xkcd.com/time seems to be planned as long-running project, I'd suggest a subforum for 1190:Time. In this, I'd expect threads like
Spoiler:
  • Read this first!
  • NewPix Bot
  • statistics put in fancy
  • technically speaking...
  • where are they, and when?
  • Cute LaPetite (fanfiction)
  • Hats from wonderland
  • About BlitzGirl
  • smalltalk
  • religion il1umnated
  • big bag theory, bag notice, and other so-called puns
  • poems and Time song lore
  • hey, did you notice this javascript????
  • ...

... and it would be MY choice which to read first, and when.
Sigh.

Crazy you.

And I wanted to {spoiler} the PSE triggering image, again, just to annoy people...
Spoiler:
... *sing along* Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down... (heh)

(I appreciate that more than some, I suspect -- htom)


(


At ten pages, this might have worked. Now ... I don't think so. I think the confusion of topics feeds the thread (the Madness did, too.) Is there way for some 'bot to cruise the OTT and provide a list of links to posts about those topics, that could be accessed via the wiki?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:48 pm UTC
by Ebonite
buffygirl wrote:For Caswallon and Ebonite


Omigosh omigosh omigosh Thank you thank you thank you!

I feel less naked now. :D

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:51 pm UTC
by VoronX
(Greetings from NP 445 aka (almost) the "End" of TimeThe Fading)
Spoiler:
Jonas79 wrote:The latest newpix isn't all white :D What is La Petite™ dragging?

Babies. Cancer babies. How else do you think they got to be part of the Sea1?
1 - BIG

(Laments and Admonishons from NP 446 )
Spoiler:
AluisioASG wrote:
VoronX wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOO!!
A particularly tough couple of work days Thursday and Friday, and then a weekend long coma, and now I'm 50 newpages behind? (395 out of 445, and there's something wrong with River(s).) This is terrible! I've probably missed the BlitzGirlian Singularity! I'm going to get Marooned in PixTime*!! I'm faced with a serious problem - do I time travel forward, skipping all the delicious needl-pulled thingy awesomeness, or slog through as I had planned, probably falling further and further behind until the End of Time?

*-Vernor Vinge reference, natch.

Come here, quickly. We have no Time for that anymore.

I am quite surprised at how well-Timed that "NOOOOOO!" was. I had no idea I what I was missing! AlusioASG - I only got this warning just now. A Sigmonition might have worked better...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:52 pm UTC
by Drakeesh
StratPlayer wrote:Now caught up from my microBlitz between leaving work and now.

And... I heard a song on the radio on the way home and was like, "oh yeah, this is SO THIS THREAD!!!"

So -- thanks to enormous demand (or simply 'cause I felt like it)-- here's yet another Time Song Parody, about what we're ALL doing right now:

Spoiler:
Our Mad Randallville
(based on "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett)

If I'm a nut case,
I'm in the right place.
All my family starts to recoil
I show them this thing:
a forum Waiting.
They think my brain's beginning to boil.

Waitin' away again in our mad Randallville;
Searchin' for my last rational thought.
Some people claim that there's the ALT-TEXT* to blame;
But I know, it's nobody's fault.

I don't know the reason
I've stayed through the seasons
of newpic, longpix, and the fading, too.
But my hat's a beauty,
it was given to me,
after clearing buffy's long hat queue.

Waitin' away again in our mad Randallville;
Searchin' for my last rational thought.
Some people claim that there's the ALT-TEXT* to blame;
And I think, hell, it could be my fault.

I wonder when Time stops,
and this forum's closed shop,
will I still know the people back home?
After all Newpics rendered,
I just won't remember
my own relations 'cause my mind will be blown.

Waitin' away again in our mad Randallville;
Searchin' for my last rational thought.
Some people claim that there's the ALT-TEXT* to blame;
but I know, it's my own damn fault.
Yes, and some people claim that there's the ALT-TEXT* to blame;
but I know, it's my own damn fault.


*Wait For It


I think that that is my favorite song so far!

I am hoping that we get an eventual ~180o camera pan (or functional equivalent depending on the profile of the shore) so that we can see the castle in the distance.

Also perhaps something is happening to the sea which is causing a reversal of flow in this particular river (which is small) and is why it is moving so slowly and acting so weird and neat. General Tidal river effects. Or perhaps the world they are inhabiting does not have a fully solid crust and is being affected by the weight of the water much like a huge rubber sheet.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:53 pm UTC
by Ebonite
pablithemantis wrote:
I've been wondering how long I'd keep from registering in the forum, and of course it'd be this comment that does it. The moment you bring up an incorrect latin translation of an error message into an XKCD thread, my fate is sealed.


My favorite saying in Latin is:
Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur.

pablithemantis, perhaps you can confirm that it really does say what I always thought it said. :-)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:57 pm UTC
by chem1190c
Flotter wrote:ONG:
Image

The River1 doesn't seem to rise, so I assume she's returned to the Castle and is speaking about the Sea2
1Small, pretty neat
2Big


They're looking right at us!

Clearly Megan has just broken the fourth wall* and is now directly addressing the audience. We're being dared to solve this puzzle... what is "IT" and why is IT rising?

*Of course there aren't any walls# since they're outside

# Perhaps due to the wall shortage she's actually broken the fourth dimension instead

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:58 pm UTC
by Selcouth
Someone should make a map of the land in Time. The Castle is at one end, bounded by the inexorably rising sea. To the left is a plain, and some time later there is the river. Across the river is an Unknown Land. Somewhere in the foreground or background near the Castle is a Home Depot, because Megan had to get all those supplies from somewhere.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:58 pm UTC
by NoMouse
Neil_Boekend wrote:From my limited programming-like experiences I would hazard a guess that it's quite possible.
Automated searches in the OTT have been done (by Kieryn) If a script were made that searched for "time.png" and outputted a list of posts (with username) with "time.png" in it someone could PM the users that posted it (except for PostNo 1, by rhomboidal). The users then could mend the error of their ways and the Blitzers would be safe from spoilers.

Alas, my scripting prowess do not allow me to script such a thing. I would be willing to help with the PMing if there are to many to handle.

It would also be possible to call some moderator that would edit those posts. But first we need to find them. So, script-writers, where are you all when we need you?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 pm UTC
by Whizbang
I think it is obvious by now that the "It" we are all waiting for is the sea.

She is looking right at the sea (and us), and says "It's still rising". This is about as blunt as it gets to inform us that "It" is the sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 pm UTC
by NoMouse
PING-PONG
Image

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:07 pm UTC
by mscha
Cueball wrote:It's strange.
Rivers flow to meet the sea.
Maybe the sea couldn't wait.

Huh?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:08 pm UTC
by jetpac
mathrec wrote:
Spoiler:
AluisioASG wrote:I want to sing this:

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the sea and see

... (someone continue!)

I'm just a Cueball. I need no sympathy, because
I'm easy come, easy go. Little high little low.
Even if the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me...to me.

Megan. Just just slipped again.
Dropped my bottle, oh dear me.
Now it's floating out to sea.
And Megan. Our walk had just begun.
And now it floating all away.
Megan, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry.
If we get back home again tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters.

Too late. Our Time has come
Sends shivers down my spine.
Ocean's rising all the time.
Goodbye to our castle - We've got to go.
Gotta leave it all behind and find the truth.
Megan, ooo (even if the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little sillouetto of a man
Trebuchet, trebuchet will it wreck the sand castle?
Scaffolding and rising
Very enterpising...we
build it higher, build it higher,
build it higher, build it higher,
build it higher...
(La Petite: "magnifico")

I'm just a poor boy, somebody tell me
He's just a poor boy, never seen reality
Show him some life past this monstrosity
Easy come easy go - will you let me go?
Oh Cueball, pack your bag and we will go. Time to go!
Oh cueball, pack your bag and we will go. Time to go!
It's time for us to go. Time to go!
Now it's time to go. Time to go!
Time for us to go - ooo
Go, go, go, go, go, go, go
Oh Megan whee-oh, Megan whee-oh, Megan whee-oh...we can go!
The rising sea is a riddle made for you and me
so we...
so we...

So you think we can roam free and wander outside?
So you think we can leave here and then become wise?
Oh baby - just come now with me baby
Just gotta get out - just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah.
Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matter - nothing really matters to me
(Even if the wind blows)

So... awesome.....

Seriously, that is really impressive. I could hear Freddie Mercury singing it in my head, with instruments and everything.

Edit: mismatched tags broke things :(

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 pm UTC
by AluisioASG
VoronX wrote:(Greetings from NP 445 aka (almost) the "End" of TimeThe Fading)
Spoiler:
Jonas79 wrote:The latest newpix isn't all white :D What is La Petite™ dragging?

Babies. Cancer babies. How else do you think they got to be part of the Sea1?
1 - BIG

(Laments and Admonishons from NP 446 )
Spoiler:
AluisioASG wrote:
VoronX wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOO!!
A particularly tough couple of work days Thursday and Friday, and then a weekend long coma, and now I'm 50 newpages behind? (395 out of 445, and there's something wrong with River(s).) This is terrible! I've probably missed the BlitzGirlian Singularity! I'm going to get Marooned in PixTime*!! I'm faced with a serious problem - do I time travel forward, skipping all the delicious needl-pulled thingy awesomeness, or slog through as I had planned, probably falling further and further behind until the End of Time?

*-Vernor Vinge reference, natch.

Come here, quickly. We have no Time for that anymore.

I am quite surprised at how well-Timed that "NOOOOOO!" was. I had no idea I what I was missing! AluisioASG - I only got this warning just now. A Sigmonition might have worked better...

Well, I'm glad we all still have Time...

And now, another song, my favorite indeed. Y'all can see how wonderfully creative I am.


We passed upon the fade, we spoke of what could have been
Although he wasn't there, he said he had seen a change
Which came as some surprise; he had noticed!
"I thought you had drawn those, a long long time ago"

Oh yeah, I did
I never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who made the world

I laughed and shook his hand, and went back to their world
They searched the land for answers, for years and years they roamed
I gazed a gazely stare at those poor people there
They should have died alone, a long long time ago

Who knows? Oh, me!
I never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who made the world

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:12 pm UTC
by trolleypup
mscha wrote:
Cueball wrote:It's strange.
Rivers flow to meet the sea.
Maybe the sea couldn't wait.

Huh?

Tidal bore?

Or maybe the river is running backwards?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:16 pm UTC
by VoronX
(Greetings from NP510!)
buffygirl wrote:For patzer1, VeloCityGirl, and VoronX
<footnote snip>

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou oh Mighty Great Cardinal Hattrix! May your Sea1 be filled with only the most rarified semenbaconcoffeecancerbaby blend! And may all heretics lose their hats to the pixels of Time and grovel in submission to your Supreme Buffydashery!

1 - still BIG.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:17 pm UTC
by Whizbang
Are we finally getting enough pieces of information to figure out what is happening?

Obviously Cueball and Megan are clueless (despite Megan's scientific mindset) about the world at large and how it works. But we as readers were told to "Wait for it". What if "Wait for it" is also the theme of the story (a stretch, I know). What if this is a story about a living, sentient sea that could no longer wait for rivers to either A)re-join with the main body of water, or B) erode the soil. Maybe the sea is hungry for dirt and other sediment1. Maybe the rivers are not bringing it in fast enough and so the sea is stretching itself out to gobble up more land. (I, for one, welcome our new insatiable overlord).

1 - semencoffeecancerbabiesbaconmustard

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:18 pm UTC
by Flotter
Selcouth wrote:Someone should make a map of the land in Time. The Castle is at one end, bounded by the inexorably rising sea. To the left is a plain, and some time later there is the river. Across the river is an Unknown Land. Somewhere in the foreground or background near the Castle is a Home Depot, because Megan had to get all those supplies from somewhere.

It has already been done. I wasn't able to find the original post or poster, but this is what it looks like (based on the path that Cueball and Megan have walked).
Map

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:18 pm UTC
by Swein
trolleypup wrote:
mscha wrote:
Cueball wrote:It's strange.
Rivers flow to meet the sea.
Maybe the sea couldn't wait.

Huh?

Tidal bore?

Or maybe the river is running backwards?


The sea rises to meet the river so much faster - Aww! That's romantic!

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 pm UTC
by AluisioASG
Whizbang wrote:Are we finally getting enough pieces of information to figure out what is happening?

Obviously Cueball and Megan are clueless (despite Megan's scientific mindset) about the world at large and how it works. But we as readers were told to "Wait for it". What if "Wait for it" is also the theme of the story (a stretch, I know). What if this is a story about a living, sentient sea that could no longer wait for rivers to either A)re-join with the main body of water, or B) erode the soil. Maybe the sea is hungry for dirt and other sediment1. Maybe the rivers are not bringing it in fast enough and so the sea is stretching itself out to gobble up more land. (I, for one, welcome our new insatiable overlord).

1 - semencoffeecancerbabiesbaconmustard

I, for one, suggest we bring the trebuchets.
I'm not sure how that's going to help us, but anyway...