1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

TheMinim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby TheMinim » Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

Coma Coma Coma Time! Try not to post much while I'm gone! Or, alternatively, post like mad and leave all laggers behind.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:Blitz progress: 586 of 732
Traversing the Dunes, np 1238

So... between reading the OTT on my phone all weekend, and visiting with my Outside family, I both don't have much saved to say, and also have lost all the ground I made up last week... hopefully I can get caught back up a bit this week.

You can do it! We are 100% behind you! Well...er...actually we are in front of you, you still being in the past and all. But indeed, you have our heartfelt encouragement to ketchup and join us here in the present, where your presence will be welcome and celebrated, in the present. There may even be a present present waiting for you, once your presence is know to us here, in the present.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 28, 2013 9:36 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:
Spoiler:
mathrec wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
Reka wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:With all these corners, it must be a square dance...

It could be a dodecahedron. those are pretty awesome. Why are there no dodecahedron dances, anyway?

Who says there aren't? Granted, you'd need exactly 96 people to make a grid square qualify as a dodecahedron, but it can be done.

Might be doable by a group of skydivers...

I'd think that it would take 12 skydivers...one for each face (although I'd pick a space station instead). Why 96?

Not enough time, I think. At least for the square dance shown. Skydiving freefall lasts only about a minute and a half at most (skydance) and the moves take a while because you are working in an extremely low friction medium.
On the other hand the best four and eight way teams are gorgeous to watch. They are falling from about 18000 feet at 90 miles per hourH

I've been in some twelve way formations, and it was all we could do to get one formation in 60 seconds.H

HHeresy, I know, but this is the only way I feel how fast they are moving.

You mean Falling about 4500 Cue at 79200 Cue/Timeframe, with gravity liable to change due to time being constant. The conversion math isn't that hard. Remember, it's implicit in the naming of the Vine1/2cue.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

Just to let you know, I fixed some bugs in the timescripts, among which the multiquote one when you hit the quote button twice.
XonqNopp also made a pretty neat⁴ suggestion.

See here.

⁴ is that the right number?
Last edited by Pikrass on Tue May 28, 2013 9:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
ttscp wrote:
Spoiler:
mathrec wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
Reka wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

It could be a dodecahedron. those are pretty awesome. Why are there no dodecahedron dances, anyway?

Who says there aren't? Granted, you'd need exactly 96 people to make a grid square qualify as a dodecahedron, but it can be done.

I'd think that it would take 12 skydivers...one for each face (although I'd pick a space station instead). Why 96?

Not enough time, I think. At least for the square dance shown. Skydiving freefall lasts only about a minute and a half at most (skydance) and the moves take a while because you are working in an extremely low friction medium.
On the other hand the best four and eight way teams are gorgeous to watch. They are falling from about 18000 feet at 90 miles per hourH

I've been in some twelve way formations, and it was all we could do to get one formation in 60 seconds.H

You mean Falling about 4500 Cue at 79200 Cue/Timeframe, with gravity liable to change due to time being constant. The conversion math isn't that hard. Remember, it's implicit in the naming of the Vine1/2cue.

The conversion isn't that bad (unless you aren't that good at arithmetic; I'm a mathematician, so I'm not), but I don't get the feel of 4500 Cue so I reverted to Outside units. Besides which it's been a while since I was in the comfy chair. Who's got the S&Ms?
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue May 28, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

edfel wrote:Onward to the mountains! At last, they'll be turning terra incognita into map data :-)
The poll for the mountains name is still open, I've had Sierra Molpies for now. It's good, but there may be other ideas

The Molps.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue May 28, 2013 9:56 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
ttscp wrote:
mathrec wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
Reka wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

4.5 kq at 79.2 kq/tf

(I must be past the point of no return: I have fully absorbed reference points for these measurements and this makes perfect sense to me.)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue May 28, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

@Dracomax - neat comique!!

kenmelken wrote:Okay... things just got creepy. It was perfectly sunny and beautiful here, and was forecast to be that way all day. Then, as soon as I started reading about it raining for all of you on here... all of the sudden it just started sprinkling!

Maybe that was the sprinkler. What time was it? I think it goes off around then.

taixzo wrote:So, I kind of jumped into the thread around newpage 680 or so, and am considering BlitzGirling the whole thing. Thoughts? Is such a thing still feasible?

I'd recommend SchizoBlitzing, since you're already in the present, split yourself and be in past and present at the same time. :)

I never "blitzed" but erroneously been included in BlitzLists. I have blindposted, but never (peek into|know of) the future unless I have been spoiled. I started on NP 1, posted on NP 9 and kept up and fell behind ad infinitum until today. Well, I'm literally writing this 2NP/np behind, so, still in the past. This is normal. We're all in the past unless we forgo the past to only be in the present. But as they say: There will be a lot of past repeating posts if you don't read the past posts.

P.S. This is another blind-post.

EDIT: ....and xey're gone. Btw, I guess I was a Ketchuper from the start. I don't like ketchup too much either. I go BBQ or Honey Mustard or Ranch.
Last edited by azule on Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

The small creature that interacted with Megan, 1612-1636, looks a lot like a common ground squirrel. There are no squirrels in Madagascar, just lizzards, snakes, frogs, crocodiles, lemurs, turtles, bats and a few birds. And none of those look like squirrels.1 I'm beginning to suspect the whole story is a fantasy dreamland5 of Megan, which started when she was shown sleeping in 792-805.

1. Except lemurs2,4
2. Which don't manouver like squirrels3
3. Which are rodents
4. Which are primates
Spoiler:
Wait for it
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 pm UTC

Why 792? Why not 258-ish, when she first laid down on her Mound?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:The conversion isn't that bad (unless you aren't that good at arithmetic; I'm a mathematician, so I'm not), but I don't get the feel of 4500 Cue so I reverted to Outside units. Besides which it's been a while since I was in the comfy chair. Who's got the S&Ms?

Hmmm. Interesting. My doctorate is in Mathematics, but multiplication tables always escaped me. I finally forced myself to learn them after I had the PhD.

Not only that, I was in my fifth year of graduate study before anyone really taught me what mathematics is. I doubt that few teachers of it really know.
Spoiler:
Creation of new knowledge. Not reviewing/studying the already known.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

It must be like Inception then! This whole journey is just a fabricated dreamworld, and the reason why the sea is rising represents some secret of Megan's that Cueball is trying to extract.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

CONGREGATION...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue May 28, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:It must be like Inception then! This whole journey is just a fabricated dreamworld, and the reason why the sea is rising represents some secret of Megan's that Cueball is trying to extract.

Like a cancerous tumor?IAR

IARIt's all related.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue May 28, 2013 10:12 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
ttscp wrote:
mathrec wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
Reka wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

4.5 kq at 79.2 kq/tf

(I must be past the point of no return: I have fully absorbed reference points for these measurements and this makes perfect sense to me.)

[hint=subtle]Someone should make an OTC version of that guide.[/hint]
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Tue May 28, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
ttscp wrote:The conversion isn't that bad (unless you aren't that good at arithmetic; I'm a mathematician, so I'm not), but I don't get the feel of 4500 Cue so I reverted to Outside units. Besides which it's been a while since I was in the comfy chair. Who's got the S&Ms?

Hmmm. Interesting. My doctorate is in Mathematics, but multiplication tables always escaped me. I finally forced myself to learn them after I had the PhD.

Not only that, I was in my fifth year of graduate study before anyone really taught me what mathematics is. I doubt that few teachers of it really know.
Spoiler:
Creation of new knowledge. Not reviewing/studying the already known.

I only have a BS, but I have (had) an Associate of Society of Actuaries certificate. I only really learned arithmetic when I was compiling long columnar spreadsheets to calculate premiums and reserves. 8 + 5 gave me particular trouble in grade school.
Most grade school teachers hate mathN and convey that feeling to their students.

N no one posting in this thread, of course.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
ttscp wrote:
mathrec wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
Reka wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

4.5 kq at 79.2 kq/tf

Length and speed would be easy, but I don't think we have units for temperature and mass yet. (I think I remember something about volume upthread, specifically the River4 outflow.)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue May 28, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

Davidy wrote:The small creature that interacted with Megan, 1612-1636, looks a lot like a common ground squirrel. There are no squirrels in Madagascar, just lizzards, snakes, frogs, crocodiles, lemurs, turtles, bats and a few birds. And none of those look like squirrels.1 I'm beginning to suspect the whole story is a fantasy dreamland5 of Megan, which started when she was shown sleeping in 792-805.
Spoiler:
1. Except lemurs2,4
3. Which are rodents
4. Which are primates
5. Wait for it

Well...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
So I don't see why a squirrel would be a problem. 8-)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

partingLance

Postby partingLance » Tue May 28, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

Davidy wrote:The small creature that interacted with Megan, 1612-1636, looks a lot like a common ground squirrel. There are no squirrels in Madagascar, just lizzards, snakes, frogs, crocodiles, lemurs, turtles, bats and a few birds. And none of those look like squirrels.1 I'm beginning to suspect the whole story is a fantasy dreamland5 of Megan, which started when she was shown sleeping in 792-805.

1. Except lemurs2,4
3. Which are rodents
4. Which are primates
Spoiler:
Wait for it

It would account for the dialogue. We wouldn't have to posit that Cueball and Megan are either children, or post-apocalyptic naifs.
StratPlayer wrote:And at this very moment, someone on the Isle of Wight named Bungalo Bill is listening to the 'splat' made from using their family album to squash a beetle, that had ran, helter-skelter, straight for the wild honey pie made by his dear wife Prudence...

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue May 28, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:(I must be past the point of no return: I have fully absorbed reference points for these measurements and this makes perfect sense to me.)

Length and speed would be easy, but I don't think we have units for temperature and mass yet. (I think I remember something about volume upthread, specifically the River4 outflow.)

Well, for volume, we could be doing the metric thing and base the One True Volume Unit on the cubic cue (just like a liter is a dm³). Any suggestions for a name for the volume unit (decicue³, dq³)a?
Temperature and mass ... I got nothing. Maybe we'll have to wait for it, I'm sure Time will come up with something.

Edit: for mass, perhaps the mass of a full dilgunnerang of water. Oh, wait, dilgunnerang, that's much better as a unit of volume. (We don't know how it converts to Outside units, but that hasn't stopped us before.)

³: no, not pretty neat, etc.; just cubic.
a: oh, wait, I wrote this mornix that language design by committee doesn't work...
Last edited by mscha on Tue May 28, 2013 10:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BigDaddy

Postby BigDaddy » Tue May 28, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

It could be the squirrel from Ice Age. Are we sure it didn't try to pick up a large nut?

patzer

Postby patzer » Tue May 28, 2013 10:50 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
ttscp wrote:
mathrec wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
Reka wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

4.5 kq at 79.2 kq/tf

(is this heretic for mentioning Outside objects?)
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue May 28, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

patzer wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:(I must be past the point of no return: I have fully absorbed reference points for these measurements and this makes perfect sense to me.)

Thanks, that's pretty much what I meant. Other units can be added as we define them.
(Edit: also, we should really change the reference objects to things more relevant, like Molpies and other OTC creatures, Dilgunnerangs, parts of sandcastle structures, etc. Note that we can, in fact, determine the speed of a Molpython in q/tf. (I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader.))
Last edited by mscha on Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Next time you are tempted to flame, do the following. Yes it is a test and yes I am a professor, so know about the importance of these things.
Spoiler:
Go get a nice piece of paper; white, pink, purple, your choice; letter or A4 will do. Get a #2 pencil. No, not a two and a half, a #2. (Tevye sings)

Answer the following questions:
1. My opinion on standards is as follows:
(a) EVERYTHING should be standardized completely and the standards rigidly enforced. e.g. Commas SHALL be used correctly. NO deviations permitted. Enforcers shall be severe with immediate and long-lasting repercussions.
(b) All rules should be abolished, never to appear again. Rule MAKERS shall be pelted with many unmentionable items.
(c) Some other, possibly intermediate, position as explained below.
(d) This question doesn't move me, so I'll create and answer my own question as explained below.

2. My opinion on UGGs is as follows:
(a) They were created by satan him/her self for the torture of the young and the ridicule of the old.
(b) Love 'em. Never take them off. Wear them to bed. Wear them in the shower.
(d) This question doesn't move me, so I'll create and answer my own question as explained below.

3. My opinion on Universal Molpyism is as follows:
(a) What Hal9000 wrote
(b) meh1

4. My opinion on this test is as follows:
(a) Fluffy's commin' for YOU charlie
(b) Hmmm. Very valuable exercise

Now take your sheet of paper. Fold it nine ways and put it in your pocket/purse/ipad case/locket next to your heart/some unmentionable place. Keep it there until it is unreadable. No, don't publish it here.

Feel better? I thought so.

1 A New York colloquialism meaning: meh1

This is funny, useful, and appropriately curmudgeonly. I will keep this in mind at all times.

Dracomax has been on a creative streak:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
Stop Chasing me! I am NOT a molpy! I am not tiny! I'm just farther away!

and
Dracomax wrote:And now, to burst into song.
It's not unusual(in the OTT)
Spoiler:
It's not unusual to be be strange in the OTT,
It's not unusual to have fun in the OTT,
But when I see you not posting all your thoughs
It's not unusual to see me cry, Not gonna lie

It's not unusual to stay in post like me,
But when I see you went out and about it's Heresy,
If you should ever wanna be post and be quoted,
It's not unusual, it happens every Newpix,
No matter what you say
You'll find it happens all from Time

The thread will never do, what you want it to
Oh yes, this crazy Thread is fine.

It's not unusual to be silly with OTT,
It's not unusual to be sad with OTT
But if I ever find that you've left the OTT
It's not unusual, that we're sad for the loss of you
Woh woh woh woh
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

and
Dracomax wrote:Well, because I just hear the song on the radio, and because I'm in a music making mood;

Goodbye LaPetite(A sancastle on the sea
Spoiler:
To the tune of candle in the wind
Goodbye LaPetite
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you walked
They walked over Sandcastle
And they whispered into your brain
They set you on the trebuchet
And they made you change your name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a Sandcastle in the sea
Never knowing who to cling to
When the tides set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a poster
Your castles washed out long before
Your legend ever did

Loneliness was tough
The toughest role you ever played
OTT created a superstar
And pain was the price you paid
Even when you vanished
Oh the thread still hounded you
All the posters had to say
Was that LaPetite was there at the fade

When the tides set in
But I was just a poster
Your legend ever did

Goodbye LaPetite
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to stand aside
While those around you walked
Goodbye LaPetie
From the Dragon on the 38nd NP
Who sees you as something Stange and free
More than just the Blitzgirl

When the tides set in
But I was just a poster
Your legend ever did

Dracomax, you are on fire today!

cellocgw wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:StratPlayer, I think I want to marry you. (Hopefully you're not in high school like HAL9000, since that would be creepy).

Awww, thanks! You're too sweet! And don't worry -- I haven't been in high school since the month McDonald's first introduced The Happy Meal. :wink: However, my wife might still consider sharing her husband with a new sister wife a little creepy...

Funny you should mention that. When "Big Love" was cruising thru its early seasons, my (non-sister) wife and a good friend of hers decided it would be cool to have a sister wife to share the crapola-ish stuff around the house. Both of us husbands cringed at the thought of keeping two (or more) wives calm and happy :oops: .

PS when I finished high school we used circular slide rules and waited a year or two for Bowmar Brains to hit the market.

StratPlayer, I'm glad it wasn't creepy. You graduated from high school just a few years before me, as it turns out. And my physics class was the first one to use calculators. They were certainly in common usage by then, of course, but our teacher thought the students should learn how to use slide rules. Kind of sorry I missed it, actually. I would have liked to learn how to use a slide rule.
BlueCrab wrote:P.S. Hey, look, lmjb1964, it works!
P.P.S. I know, I know, I'm silly. This is not unusual for me :wink:

It's not unusual for the OTT, either. That must be why you fit right in!
HAL9000 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:and now I can't help but picture your computer core, huddled over a pile of skittles, saying, "My precioussssss"

The space ship's hold, is nice and cold, so fruity-sweet!
So bright and little, a tasty Skittle, so fruity-sweet!

Edit to add that this is my first filk. How fitting.

And a fine filk it was!

Can't wait to see next summer's big block-buster:
higgs-boson wrote:
Spoiler:

Time Raptor

TIME LORD RANDALL
presents
IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE ONE TRUE THREAD
A HAL9000 PRODUCTION SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR - ZOË SALDANA "TIME RAPTOR" SAM NEILL
MUSIC BY YAPPOBISCUITS PRODUCED BY MSCHA WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY TIME LORD RANDALL

NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED DURING THE FILMING OF THIS EPISODE. BUT THE MOLPYSNAKES GOT HUNGRY TRIED TO EAT THE MOLPYSQUIRREL.
R [RESTRICTED: Under 17 requires accompanying parent oder adult guardian]

Though I definitely want to see the version with Summer and Nathan. And I also noticed the bit o'German at the bottom. :)

Nice double-dactyl, Ebonite!
Spoiler:
Ebonite wrote:Felt we were overdue for another double-dactyl. . .

Heaviness breathiness
    Cueball and Megan did
    Incomprehensibly
    Wander in bliss

Both are presumably
    Heterosexual
    Don't you think we'd see more
    "Action" than this?
:D

TheMinim wrote:
TimeLurker wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
TimeLurker wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Maybe there is a rain god in our midst?

We can only hope... which ever way we hope...

No no no, we can only Wait for It.
edit: Wow, top of the page. I feel special. :D

You're one of about 700. :D
(And maybe I was being a little heretical there...)

I forgive you. I'm not sure if I have the authority to do such, but I'm sure it's the thought that counts.

I thought it was cake that counted? :lol:

It's the thought of cake that counts.

StratPlayer wrote:But as always, I'm glad that:

-- I didn't miss the big End of Time.
-- The OTT is still here and still active, and
-- Peaceful Waiting in the OTT hasn't degenerated into "Oh yeah?!? Well, you're completely wrong, you drooling imbecile! And also, your mother eats carbonated toadstools, you cretinous collection of clueless carbon!" flame-war.

Hey, my mother does NOT eat carbonated toadstools! They are all completely uncarbonated! Why, you, aorta...112

112I use this joke all the time. No idea if other people get it, or thinks it's funny, but that doesn't stop me.
(StratPlayer, sorry to have misquoted you with the Aqualung misquote. I'll go back and fix it.)

It's mostly sunny here, though keeps getting overcast and is having a hard time making up its mind. Maybe it's waiting to see what the weather is doing elsewhere before it decides how to behave. And fending off the Outside seems to have worked! Suddenly two of my evenings this week opened up. I'm hoping to use the time to do some Time-related things I haven't gotten around to yet.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

patzer

Postby patzer » Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

mscha wrote:also, we should really change the reference objects to things more relevant, like Molpies and other OTC creatures, Dilgunnerangs, parts of sandcastle structures, etc.)

I agree, but I didn't feel like trying to find the length of things like that (especially because I haven't been in the OTT for a while and I don't even know what a dilgunnerang is)
so I thought I'd do a heretic version.
Last edited by patzer on Tue May 28, 2013 11:02 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

ONGless [I've run out of ideas since my 12xONGcombo two days ago]
or, Into the mountONGS, as mscha suggested.
Last edited by HAL9000 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:04 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

patzer wrote:
mscha wrote:

Interesting, thank you for that : )

In other news: I am falling behind in my posting D:
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue May 28, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

My cake bells are ringing. Why do I even have those? I don't even like cake.
Wait for it.

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:ONGless [I've run out of ideas since my 12xONGcombo two days ago]

so.. Have they given up on making a raft, and learning about the sea1? That was basically the plot of the OTC, so I wonder where it will go if they've abandoned that notion. [heresy] it seems very unrandalllike to give up on trying to understand it. [\heresy]
Or maybe they'll get around to it eventually.
I guess I'll just wait for it.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue May 28, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:<snip> You graduated from high school just a few years before me, as it turns out. And my physics class was the first one to use calculators. They were certainly in common usage by then, of course, but our teacher thought the students should learn how to use slide rules. Kind of sorry I missed it, actually. I would have liked to learn how to use a slide rule.

This my friend is your lucky, lucky day:
http://www.stefanv.com/calculators/aristo970/
See you again in 35 newpix.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

patzer

Postby patzer » Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 pm UTC

ergman wrote:so.. Have they given up on making a raft, and learning about the sea1? That was basically the plot of the OTC, so I wonder where it will go if they've abandoned that notion. [heresy] it seems very unrandalllike to give up on trying to understand it. [\heresy]

http://geekwagon.net/projects/xkcd1190/?frame=1605

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:So, I kind of jumped into the thread around newpage 680 or so, and am considering BlitzGirling the whole thing. Thoughts? Is such a thing still feasible?
BlitzGirling is an awesome calling. The rewards are beyond imagine. All it requires is to be pure of heart, to feel the chasm in your soul from the lack of experiencing Time in its proper time, and the desire, indeed the drive, to drink from the One True Thread to fill this void. That, and Time and time itself. Such a Quest is not to be undertaken lightly, but simply by considering this Holy Sacrament, you have proven yourself worthy.

There is some disagreement in some sects about whether or not it is necessary to forsake the Present. While doing so yields the purest experience, that purity may no longer be possible, or even desirable at this point. When BlitzGirl, the first BlitzGirl the First, first BlitzGirled the thread, the temporal gap was much smaller and she also struck out as a pioneer. In many ways helped the thread set the tone that it now basks in. You will follow in those august footsteps (even though you May begin in June), and the road is a bit more traveled. Every BlitzGirl's perspective and experience is unique, and the experience of BlitzGirling the One True Thread from the absolute beginning while at the same time remaining in it and affording yourself the perspective of vision seven hundred newpages in the future, is one to be treasured, not minimized. BlitzGirl herself seems to have endorsed it. But if you feel the calling to resist the temptations of the Present and plunge yourself wholly at the Beginning of Time, that is an Awesome and Worthy BlitzQuest too, and we will miss you in the present, while eagerly awaiting whatever Gospel you choose to leave ahead.

Either way you do it, the Quest is Awesome0 and, should you decide to embark on it, I would bestow upon thee, as Pope of the Holy Contradiction, the Blessing of Strength for the True Pilgrims of Time.

0Should that be a canonical footnote?
taixzo wrote:Well, I suppose that every newpix I delay is another I will have to blitz past later, so I suppose I'm off. Bye everyone!
*hops into time portal*
The Pope falls to his knees and prays:
In the name of the One True Author, in observance of the One True Comic, in the service of the One True Thread, and by witness of the One True Congregation, we humbly open our hearts, our souls, and our schedules in devotion.

The sea is big. We open ourselves up to it.

In devotion, we drink from the One True Thread. In even higher devotion, some of us forsake the present, inviting the river of Time to flow through us and cleanse us until we are sated by the completeness of the past.

The river is small. Although we are smaller, we can, and must, drink from the river of Time.

We humbly ask that the Blessings of Time fall on our intrepid traveller, True Pilgrim Of Time, taixzo, and any others embarking on the Holy BlitzQuest, that they be enlightened, uplifted, and granted the Tree of Life.

The tree is neat. Let us live up to it.

Let us indeed.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue May 28, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

Long overdue ketchup wall. I give fair warning, it's seaish, and I'm still something like 14 NP behind... anyone care to give me shelter from the Outside's demands until I can properly ketchup all the way and actually take a few newpix in the Present? I can pay in extra lives!

A general thought from my Present: Megan feeding the squirrelpy is so cute. We definitely need a poster of this! (Personally I'd suggest the "I won't eat you!" frame, but the ones of her just squatting there watching it are awesome too.)

@Kieryn re: time passing, fading, moving on
@charlie_grumbles re: handles
@mindonner re: firstpost
@BlitzGirl re: second Present Present (despite not having an actual source quote)
@Sciscitor re: updated Time starmap (despite not having an actual source quote)
@BlitzGirl, ttscp re: preventing flames
@Dracomax, HAL9000 re: Tarot cards
@Shanman re: possible firstpost, declining prevalence of ketchup posts

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:Time fades all things, good or bad. I am presently invested in a story and a community and it makes me feel good. But it is an important lesson to remember that nothing in the real world other than stories have a true end. It never comes. Things fade in and fade out and that's all there is. Love whatever-it-is when it is there, and share that with someone. That's what we are all doing here. That is what this is about.

Exactly. It's also about the memories, though. Communities move on, stories end, but the memories survive long after. (I would even argue we keep a little piece of every major experience with us forever. It's been more than two months (yes, yes, outside time, but I'm too exhausted to care) and millions of words; I think we've reached "major experience" level by now.)

charlie_grumbles wrote:I'm interested in the background of some of your local "handles."

This is a brand-new username for me. I've always been fascinated with the phoenix and it seemed like a good name to pick for a time-related thread, so I went with it. :mrgreen: IIRC "Phoenix" was taken, so I added "Rising".

mindonner wrote:Definitely a molpy running down the tree!

(and yes, I've been lurking this thread since the dawn of Time, but a chance to be a molpy-spotter finally spurred me to register...)

*throws firstpost forward* Good eyes!

:? Somehow I managed to lose the posts for both BlitzGirl's second Present Present and Sciscitor's updated forum web. Yay for ketchup strung out over days. But despite my lack of proper quoting, I'm in awe of both projects. The second Present Present is an awesome followup to the first (Boom de Yada Boom de Yada!) and the web... @_@ stars! It's amazing how much bigger and denser it's gotten since the last one. I swear the last one was only like a week ago, too. Even though, now that I think about it, it was probably at least two weeks. Time flies...

BlitzGirl wrote:
ttscp wrote:<snip> Finally, we now have become protective of the thread. We act to keep flames from happening.

Wonderful post, ttscp!

download/file.php?id=36543

Not my flames, please! I kinda need those. But I'll help you prevent the written flames if you'll not extinguish my living ones.

But really... wonderful analysis, ttscp. I think the Inquisition is worth a mention too though; as someone pointed out a few NP before my current position, the "punishments" are so hilarious and so soft, and for such random things, that when the serious stuff turns up we already know how to handle it lightly and let it go.

Dracomax wrote:Well, remember, most interpretations of the fool are that he is the everyman; He is the fool because he doesn't know anything, not because he is foolish. many consider the tarot the fools journey, as he learns everything.
wikipedia wrote:The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance, holy madness or 'crazy wisdom'. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly oblivious that he is walking toward a precipice, apparently about to step off. One of the keys to the card is the paradigm of the precipice, Zero and the sometimes represented oblivious Fool's near-step into the oblivion (The Void) of the jaws of a crocodile, for example, are all mutually informing polysemy within evocations of the iconography of The Fool. The staff is the offset and complement to the void and this in many traditions represents wisdom and renunciation, e.g. 'danda' (Sanskrit) of a Sanyassin, 'danda' (Sanskrit) is also a punctuation mark with the function analogous to a 'full-stop' which is appropriately termed a period in American English. The Fool is both the beginning and the end, neither and otherwise, betwixt and between, liminal.

The number 0 is a perfect significator for the Fool, as it can become anything when he reaches his destination as in the sense of 'joker's wild'. Zero plus anything equals the same thing. Zero times anything equals zero.[6] Zero is nothing, a lack of hard substance, and as such it may reflect a non-issue or lack of cohesiveness for the subject at hand.

With that, how could it be other than Cueball?

You more or less nailed it. I'm not familiar with the cards in question so I was doubting that Cueball was really a fool (I mean, he does a lot of stupid stuff, but that stupid?) But every point matches. "Mystical cleverness" - recursive sandcastles? "Oblivious near-step into the oblivion" - didn't he have several accidents during the sandcastle building? Although it was Megan who almost fell into the river... "On his back are all the possessions he might need." knapsack - check. "many consider the tarot the fools journey, as he learns everything." that is indeed the point of this journey, isn't it... :mrgreen: (well, besides the waiting. But I think the waiting is our part and they're responsible for the learning.)

HAL9000 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Well...Here's the list and some suggestions:
0 The Fool-Cueball, of course. (Megan as well? She deserves mention, and they're both learning a lot.)
1 The Magician-Keiyrn or Sciscitor (mscha, with his ENHANCEs and frame-comparisons?)
2 The High Priestess-Blitzgirl
3 The Empress-Buffygirl
4 The Emperor-KarMann
5 The Hierophant-Helper, as first pope
6 The Lovers (XonqNopp, kenmelken, and any others who've gotten engaged/married since the OTC started?)
7 The Chariot (PhoenixRising, always barely ketching up?)
8 or 11 Strength (Vytron, azule, tman2nd, partingLance, and other post-Blitzgirl blitzers?)
9 The Hermit-La Petite
10 Wheel of Fortune (Newpixbot, with its randomly-selected ONGs?)
11 or 8 Justice (ChronosDragon's Newpix-o-Meter?)
12 The Hanged Man-Newpixbot (the users we've lost who've given no mention of their eventual return, represented by a milk carton?)
13 Death (Kieryn's Credits page, with its rotating memorials of those we have lost? {possibly plus Kieryn himself})
14 Temperance-Hal9000
15 The Devil-BuffyGirl's evil hat (flamewars, represented by the "time quenches all fires" insignia?)
16 The Tower (cake, or maybe sandcastles?)
17 The Star-Sciscitor's Constellation (possibly plus Sciscitor himself?)
18 The Moon (M&Ms?)
19 The Sun (Skittles?)
20 Judgement-Dracomax
21 The World-A screenshot of the OTT (the map and its creator {I can't recall who it was}?)

Any other suggestions, or arguments with this?

My suggestions included in bold. I think no user should have multiple cards (with exceptions for the cards that are broad categories), so putting Kieryn and Sciscitor with their creations seems apt. The only issue with my suggestions is it doesn't include the other, less active users, while your suggestion for XXI-The World did.
EDIT to add parentheses and my suggestion for XV-The Devil.

Yay, a mention. :mrgreen: And look, here I am finding this as I race to ketchup.

A few suggestions to add to your additions - cmyk for The Magician, MobTeeseboose for The Hermit, and maybe give Dracomax his comfy chair and chocolate for Judgement.

Shanman wrote:I've been sort of following this thread for a while. I read the first 60 pages or so and then just checked in occasionally. It's been a very helpful companion to keeping an eye on Time itself. (I've been keeping the comic, the map, the list of periods from the wiki, the Aubronwood image viewer, and this thread open for the past few weeks.) So thank you for the company.

I noticed you discussing the drafting of Tarot cards. I took a passing interest in them last summer and did some curiosity research. For the Tower (XVI) I think it'd be best to make it the sand castle as the water is rising, given that it's the card which symbolizes dramatic and inevitable change.

Anyways, maybe I'll comment again down the line, but for now I just enjoy reading along. One question though: why stop with the "update posts"? Back in the first 100 pages at least, you had people making a big post every few pages which kind of summarized some of the recent discussions, but we don't seem to have it anymore.... Then again, I guess the number of people watching is dwindling.

Might be a firstpost? I can't tell, Shanman has 5 at the time of this writing but this seems like a firstpost. >_> *throws it forward anyway*

As far as I can tell, the reason fewer of us are making big posts is that a lot of us aren't necessarily able to catch back up when the thread jumps a dozen, 20, 40 pages ahead during RL business. Also, some of the people still catching up either stopped posting signposts after various discussions or just caught back up. And since most of the big summary posts were from catching up (like this post) fewer people catching up = fewer summaries. Actually, now that I think of it, I might be the only one still perpetually chasing 10-15 NP behind the Present. Most of the Blitzers I'm aware of have reached the Present and the rest are, as far as I know, deep in the Past.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue May 28, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:I only have a BS, but I have (had) an Associate of Society of Actuaries certificate. I only really learned arithmetic when I was compiling long columnar spreadsheets to calculate premiums and reserves. 8 + 5 gave me particular trouble in grade school.
Most grade school teachers hate mathN and convey that feeling to their students.

N no one posting in this thread, of course.

This is true. And I partly fault such attitudes for the reason why I am horrible at math, and have struggled against a mental block against mathematical knowledge and understanding. I have forced myself in recent years to better understand mathematics, with some success. The GLR, Creator of Time, and his OtherComics have actually been inspiring in my attempt to understand the mathematical world, and the world mathematically. But I still feel as though my teachers, throughout my early education, should have done more to help me understand mathematics. I can honestly say I have only ever had one good math teacher (but many good science teachers who prevented me from completely hating mathematics).

charlie_grumbles wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:<snip> You graduated from high school just a few years before me, as it turns out. And my physics class was the first one to use calculators. They were certainly in common usage by then, of course, but our teacher thought the students should learn how to use slide rules. Kind of sorry I missed it, actually. I would have liked to learn how to use a slide rule.

Wonderful! I have my father's old slide rule. Now I will finally figure out how it works! Thanks! :mrgreen:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

If you want to, that's cool. It's my personal opinion that there isn't much to be gained by reading stuff that's hundreds of pages old, but some people enjoy it. Just don't bump forwards any stuff about the arguments we've had; those have all blown over but you might end up reigniting them.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

Thanks for the cool wordle, Scisitor! It's interesting, I seem to be in an area with a lot of people who haven't posted recently. Not sure what that means. But mscha's there with me, and others.

PartingLance, thanks for the taxonomy info. I learned it top down, but could never remember the mnemonic (which I guess means it wasn't a very good mnemonic). It was King Philip something something something.
yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:[Space is big. Really big.

Indeed, you may think it's a long way along the river to the vineyard, but that's just peanuts to space.

I see what you did there.

Speaking of which: Kazza3, I did a search for "Aqualung" on the OTT and saw this post, which I seem to have missed the first time:
Kazza3 wrote:
cellocgw wrote:Apologies for fouling up the line from "Aqualung" . I'll donate to the fund to correct Mary's vision.

I had been wond'ring aloud about your earlier attempt.

And I see what you did there!

StratPlayer wrote:<snip>
ttscp wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:I feel badly that I haven't really contributed anything very concrete to the OTT.

I don't know how to measure contribution. Number of posts? New ideas? Or maybe, friendliness to others?
I for one, like it when I see your avatar. I know I'm going to read something interesting.

I absolutely agree with ttscp! lmjb1964, please don't ever think that you haven't "contributed anything"! I always enjoy your posts, and have no problem with how you put together your ketchup posts! There's always going to be a variety of opinions when a group of people come together like we have in the OTT, and I think it's clear that there's no particular "best way" to ketchup, or not, or long-post, or not. You can't please everyone, and trying to just leads to blandness and neurosis. Be yourself and I for one, will continue to enjoy your contributions!

...and Geez -- I'm still 17 NewPages behind!!! :shock: It may take me more than just [heresey]today[/heresey] to get caught up...

Awww! Mwah! That is really sweet. And I just called you an aorta. Now I feel bad. :oops: *hugs*

I know what you mean about the ketchup. I was just about five pages behind, and it's taken me many newpix to reach the present. People keep posting cool, response-worthy stuff. It is the most wonderful thread on the net!
TheMinim wrote:I'm not even sure what I'm doing here now... or what I add to the worthiness of the OTT...

"She's getting existential again"

You add your thoughts, your comments, your colorful avatar...you're part of the community, baby. Just accept it. There's no escape now.

Patzer, thanks for the units chart. Very cool! When I get home I shall study it at length.
ergman wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:ONGless [I've run out of ideas since my 12xONGcombo two days ago]

so.. Have they given up on making a raft, and learning about the sea1? That was basically the plot of the OTC, so I wonder where it will go if they've abandoned that notion. [heresy] it seems very unrandalllike to give up on trying to understand it. [\heresy]

They haven't given up on gaining knowledge. They've just decided they could learn more by going up into the mountains. That seems entirely reasonable decision for Lord Randall. As if it could be other than reasonable. People are really pushing the heretical boundaries today. Must be a general craving for S&Ms.

charlie_grumbles wrote:

Thanks. It doesn't exactly explain how to use it, but it's cool to play with.

ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirling is an awesome calling. The rewards are beyond imagine. All it requires is to be pure of heart, to feel the chasm in your soul from the lack of experiencing Time in its proper time, and the desire, indeed the drive, to drink from the One True Thread to fill this void. That, and Time and time itself. Such a Quest is not to be undertaken lightly, but simply by considering this Holy Sacrament, you have proven yourself worthy.

There is some disagreement in some sects about whether or not it is necessary to forsake the Present. While doing so yields the purest experience, that purity may no longer be possible, or even desirable at this point. When BlitzGirl, the first BlitzGirl the First, first BlitzGirled the thread, the temporal gap was much smaller and she also struck out as a pioneer. In many ways helped the thread set the tone that it now basks in. You will follow in those august footsteps (even though you May begin in June), and the road is a bit more traveled. Every BlitzGirl's perspective and experience is unique, and the experience of BlitzGirling the One True Thread from the absolute beginning while at the same time remaining in it and affording yourself the perspective of vision seven hundred newpages in the future, is one to be treasured, not minimized. BlitzGirl herself seems to have endorsed it. But if you feel the calling to resist the temptations of the Present and plunge yourself wholly at the Beginning of Time, that is an Awesome and Worthy BlitzQuest too, and we will miss you in the present, while eagerly awaiting whatever Gospel you choose to leave ahead.

Either way you do it, the Quest is Awesome0 and, should you decide to embark on it, I would bestow upon thee, as Pope of the Holy Contradiction, the Blessing of Strength for the True Pilgrims of Time.

0Should that be a canonical footnote?
taixzo wrote:Well, I suppose that every newpix I delay is another I will have to blitz past later, so I suppose I'm off. Bye everyone!
*hops into time portal*
The Pope falls to his knees and prays:
In the name of the One True Author, in observance of the One True Comic, in the service of the One True Thread, and by witness of the One True Congregation, we humbly open our hearts, our souls, and our schedules in devotion.

The sea is big. We open ourselves up to it.

In devotion, we drink from the One True Thread. In even higher devotion, some of us forsake the present, inviting the river of Time to flow through us and cleanse us until we are sated by the completeness of the past.

The river is small. Although we are smaller, we can, and must, drink from the river of Time.

We humbly ask that the Blessings of Time fall on our intrepid traveller, True Pilgrim Of Time, taixzo, and any others embarking on the Holy BlitzQuest, that they be enlightened, uplifted, and granted the Tree of Life.

The tree is neat. Let us live up to it.

Let us indeed.

Jose

Amen to that, brother! Oh, you know, at one time I tried to think of an OTT version of amen. I thought the rot13 translation might work. It turns out that is nzra. So nzra to that, brother!

And I'm ketchuped! Nice to be in the present, for a little while at least!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 am UTC

Let's have ONGother go at this...
ETA: Cactus? Or small palm tree-like plants?

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:Let's have ONGother go at this...
ETA: Cactus? Or small palm tree-like plants?

Looks like some sort of palm to me, or a variety of yucca.

ETA: Possibly a Madagascar Palm?
Last edited by slinches on Wed May 29, 2013 12:09 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

akacat

Postby akacat » Wed May 29, 2013 12:03 am UTC

ttscp wrote:Not enough time, I think. At least for the square dance shown. Skydiving freefall lasts only about a minute and a half at most (skydance) and the moves take a while because you are working in an extremely low friction medium.

They're like human snowflakes! :shock:

And while it wouldn't be practical on a regular basis, didnt that fellow who jumped from 20 miles up get several minutes of free fall?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 am UTC

I'm working on a new song parody... but, I wanted to actually record it this time, and it's late at nightO.R. and I don't want to prematurely end anyone's coma with loud singing so I'll have to wait til tomorrow O.R. to do the vocals... But it should be a fun one.

O.R. Outside Reckoning
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”