1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Valarya

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:50 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
SBN wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

We get big ones here. During the late summer they build webs with guide lines (guide silks?) that run 10 feet or more. I try to avoid them, but if you break one, you can hear it snap.

Bit of a warning here to tribe members. There are spiders and SPIDERS. Here is one to be avoided

This is why: Loxoscelism
The first picture there is actually Jeffrey Rowland of overcompensating.com

Dunno why my url links ain't a workin'. Sorry. All fixed. Good to go.

And, while I'm editing, what sort of a place is Jupiter, WI? Or is it Wisconsin, JU?

As I was saying, we had lots of those ones in Utah. My neighbor got bit by one and was hospitalized for a month. Bad news! The only good thing is that, unlike the widows, they are not aggressive. They will bite if you provoke them, but a widow will bite you just because it can.

You know, there's a statistic somewhere that 98% of brown recluse bites don't even require hospitals. They'll just act like a normal spider bite and go away in a few days. They're everywhere around where I live and I used to see several of them a day in my old apartment. I just got a cat so he could eat them all up!!

Now jungle tarantulas are where it's at. Especially the ornamentals from India. I used to have 5 different species of this genus.

I love spiders. Used to have a Chilean Rose tarantula when I was young. Here's a 9-inch one I saw in a jungle in Belize (The pic makes it look smaller than it was):

The spider in the picture you posted is a Brachypelma Vagans... which is a different genus than the Chilean Rose. I have both species. Image
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:56 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
SBN wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

We get big ones here. During the late summer they build webs with guide lines (guide silks?) that run 10 feet or more. I try to avoid them, but if you break one, you can hear it snap.

Bit of a warning here to tribe members. There are spiders and SPIDERS. Here is one to be avoided

And, while I'm editing, what sort of a place is Jupiter, WI? Or is it Wisconsin, JU?

As I was saying, we had lots of those ones in Utah. My neighbor got bit by one and was hospitalized for a month. Bad news! The only good thing is that, unlike the widows, they are not aggressive. They will bite if you provoke them, but a widow will bite you just because it can.

You know, there's a statistic somewhere that 98% of brown recluse bites don't even require hospitals. They'll just act like a normal spider bite and go away in a few days. They're everywhere around where I live and I used to see several of them a day in my old apartment. I just got a cat so he could eat them all up!!

Now jungle tarantulas are where it's at. Especially the ornamentals from India. I used to have 5 different species of this genus.

I love spiders. Used to have a Chilean Rose tarantula when I was young. Here's a 9-inch one I saw in a jungle in Belize (The pic makes it look smaller than it was):

The spider in the picture you posted is a Brachypelma Vagans... which is a different genus than the Chilean Rose. I have both species. Image

I know. I owned the Chilean Rose as a child in Wisconsin. The picture I took as an adult in Belize. Sorry if that was confusing!
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 pm UTC

shade-ONG
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:
kenmelken wrote:
Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
SBN wrote:

The spider in the picture you posted is a Brachypelma Vagans... which is a different genus than the Chilean Rose. I have both species. :oops:

I know. I owned the Chilean Rose as a child in Wisconsin. The picture I took as an adult in Belize. Sorry if that was confusing!

It was slightly confusing, but that's my fault too. I'm quite jealous that you were able to see the natural habitat of such a beautiful creature! That's a great picture. :mrgreen:

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:12 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
SBN wrote:

The spider in the picture you posted is a Brachypelma Vagans... which is a different genus than the Chilean Rose. I have both species. :oops:

It was slightly confusing, but that's my fault too. I'm quite jealous that you were able to see the natural habitat of such a beautiful creature! That's a great picture. :mrgreen:

Yeah, it was a great experience. :) You should go visit Belize and see one yourself, as well as all the other awesome flora and fauna molpies and awesome vistas there. I lived there in 2011 and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

And it's always cool to meet other people who appreciate rather than fear/hate/seek to destroy spider-molpies!
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:15 pm UTC

edfel wrote:
thirds wrote:
mscha wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Spoiler:

Is that a tree stump on the right or a molpy hivemound? seems to have something growing on it, so probably a tree stump, meaning "others" could be near?

Not only are they quite near, but they also have chainsaws.....

:idea: Is the rest of the tree waiting for them in the next slide? :idea:
It's about time.

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:
kenmelken wrote:
Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
SBN wrote:

I'm quite scared by all of you now... I guess I'll stick with my scripts. They're harmless, at least.
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

- Blindpost -

yappobiscuits wrote:Agree with ergman and BlitzGirl, I much prefer this place a little chaotic, all part of its charm ;)

I agree with this 150%! I've seen it again and again, over and over (okay, just have seen it 3 times): a big topic such like this is created on the internet for such an event that is still happening as the thread progresses (though, I don't think I ever saw one growing at the rate of the OTC - it was ridiculous), such as in an Alternative Reality Game, and the chaos and crazy interactions is just a natural outcome of such threads (including the "being a big family" feeling of "belonging" - though, I again, it's the first time I see so many memes, religions and new words invented in such a thread - still ridiculous).

And then, some guy with Powers abuses them: they think enough is enough, and decides to close the thread and create an entire subforum or an entire forum where the discussion can happen in an organized way, or just does that and encourages the main thread to only be used about the main subject.

Depending on the level of ADHD of that person, it may be from as bad as having dedicated threads for ONGs and Molpy discovery discussion to as worse as having entire subforums dedicated to things like Blitzers (separated by long keptchup, coma ketchup, fry sauce and short mayonnaise blindpost sections).

That fractures the community and makes participating in the event discussion not as fun as it was, usually, most of the people following the original thread get bored and leave, and are replaced by molpydrones, new people finding about the event that just participate in the over-organization in a robotic manner.

Imagine that you want to post something and then some other member tells you "sorry, your picture is awesome and all but you are posting it in the wrong place, please create a new thread on the OTC Inspired Pictures subforum, in the OTC Manips section" - it'd be terrible.

All examples have been changed to analogies.

One of the main reasons I got addicted to the OTT is that it's just One Big* Thread and that all the disorganization and chaos means you have no idea what is going to happen next, the very next page may hold something amazing and unexpected, if there was a section dedicated to amazing things then it would miss most of its surprise factor because it's impossible to not expect something when you go to a part that holds all such things.

So, I hope we remain a One Huge* Thread forever if Randall doesn't have a plan of ever ending the OTC, and while organizing old content into an intelligible manner is good and all, it'd worry me that someone going to the task of organizing all the OTT content in a summarized and by topic manner would just make BlitzGirling through the whole thread redundant, and that's something I'd never want to have!

*Like the sea.

Probably my fears are unfounded, but only BlitzGirl knows what will happen down the road 2 years from now, and I can only hope it's still the same thing, just with 10000 NewPages or something.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Your ad here. No, seriously! It's free! PM me if interested.
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

FullOfIt

Postby FullOfIt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

nerdsniped wrote:
FullOfIt wrote:
nerdsniped wrote:
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

Ew.

It didn't quite come out like I had hoped, but slightly "ew" anyway:
Spoiler:

Nicely done, and... please don't do it any more?

What, you don't like Hugh Laurie? :P

Well, as soon as I saw the ONG with the Ew the image of Einstein popped into my head, so I just had to to it. You can take comfort in all the beards I didn't chose to use. Hugh's is probably one of the more stylish ones.

But I solemnly swear, never again shall the taste-gathering organ of a dead scientist coexist with the lower facial features of a House.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:51 pm UTC

@ucim - Caught up on the papal scrolls. Quite a non-sequitur ending, funny.
@ChronosDragon - Caught up on Une Petite Noire. Mystery.

BlitzGirl wrote:
azule wrote:La Petite More:
<snip>
*filked korn* *chills*

Awesomeful! :D

Thanks! I was thinking it was more "awfulsome", but I accept all praise. :D

Zorin_75 wrote:
azule wrote:La Petite More

And I thought the little one's name was Mort?

In the lyrics section it's lower case, it's a command. I don't know of this other name you speak. :P

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

YONG

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:YONG
Spoiler:

I'm not particularly experienced in tree-felling, but that tree stump far right keeps intriguing me. Someone earlier mentioned possibility of a chainsaw used to cut it down. Seems to me that's about the only way you'd see a stump like that, so smooth. Am I wrong (I hope so)? Anyone know how else you'd cut a tree down to leave a stump that looks like that?

EDIT, quite a bit later, for those reading the first time: I have now been reminded of my foolish forgetfulness of cross-cut saws numerous times. ;)
Last edited by kenmelken on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:25 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm not particularly experienced in tree-felling, but that tree stump far right keeps intriguing me. Someone earlier mentioned possibility of a chainsaw used to cut it down. Seems to me that's about the only way you'd see a stump like that, so smooth. Am I wrong (I hope so)? Anyone know how else you'd cut a tree down to leave a stump that looks like that?

A cross-cut saw will do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do4OqS00bBY
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:27 pm UTC

Image'd

Valarya wrote:D'awww. How incredibly thoughtful of you. For your efforts, here's another piece of stock for your future fortune.

Spoiler:
Except this is me, and I don't know who'd want a picture of me holding a tarantula. :P

Hehe, so you're the tattooed, spider-lady who gives out cupcakes. Didn't I see that on the Twilight Zone? ;)

Btw, I'm fine with little spiders, but big ones kinda freak me out. :shock: (So stop spider-yappin'!)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:

Two-man crosscut saw. That's the technology in between chainsaws and axes.

ETA: Ninja'd by SBN. Good video.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

@SBN & jjjdavidson:
Ahh. Duh. Cross-cut saws. Now I feel kinda dumb, as I guess that's pretty obvious. Kay. Thanks for the reminder. :) I knew there had to be something obvious I wasn't thinking of.

Oh, and @azule and pikrass: Valarya and I will continue to fight the good fight against the defamation of spider-molpies large and small! ;)
Last edited by kenmelken on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:

Some sort of saw is likely, but it could have been done with a large crosscut saw rather than a chainsaw.

ETA: That's odd. When I replied there were no other responses yet (I didn't even have to click submit twice). It's almost like there was a modqueue delay.
Last edited by slinches on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:10 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:

Beaverpys? Molpyvers?
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:40 pm UTC

Syrup time (it's much too early for hot sauce)

PELTMONGERS...
-- posted by newpixbot

They're hunters! That's why they travel this land away from the other People, they're hunting for molpypelts! Thank you, newpixbot, you're a marvel :D Astrocub, your dance is answered!

BlitzGirl wrote:
Okay, I have to coma. But before I do, I bring you the song that I was too coma-deprived to parody last night:

C.O.M.A.
(to the tune of Y.M.C.A.)

Did anyone else find themself involuntarily doing the arm motions to C.O.M.A. whilst reading it?

Ridiculously off-topic reply: No, but I once had the pleasure of watching about 300 hairy bikers (and a couple dozen non-hairy bikers) enthusiastically do the Y.M.C.A at a rally :lol:

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl, eat a snickers. You spout ridiculous predictions when you're hungry.

BlitzGirl wrote: I don't like Snickers. I guess I'll keep spouting ridiculous predictions until the end of Time.

Giggles? Guffaws? Oh, I know, how about some Chuckles? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuckles

The Milliner retires?! Wow, talk about the end of an era... But welcome back to the Sandbox, BuffyGirl! Come and play!

Phew (wiping sweat from brow) still 3 pages behind but must bow to Outside demands now. I don't know... people always wanting to be fed, laundry won't fold itself, trash won't leave without being thrown out... I just don't know
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:Syrup time (it's much too early for hot sauce)

Phew (wiping sweat from brow) still 3 pages behind but must bow to Outside demands now. I don't know... people always wanting to be fed, laundry won't fold itself, trash won't leave without being thrown out... I just don't know

Can't "People wanting to be fed" be the solution to "laundry won't fold itself?" Even young people can fold laundry.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:I'm not particularly experienced in tree-felling, but that tree stump far right keeps intriguing me. Someone earlier mentioned possibility of a chainsaw used to cut it down. Seems to me that's about the only way you'd see a stump like that, so smooth. Am I wrong (I hope so)? Anyone know how else you'd cut a tree down to leave a stump that looks like that?

I did fell some trees in my life and in my experience, if it is done right, the stump should rather look like this:
path2985.png
Treestump
path2985.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 15464 times

Here you can see it in a real life image:
Of course I don't know how much knowledge Randall has about tree felling.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Did anyone post a reminder of the new OtherComic yet?

Here's a fun exercise: replace all instances of the word "hipster" with the word "blitzer".

IT'S ALL RELATED
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 pm UTC

azule wrote:Image'd

Valarya wrote:D'awww. How incredibly thoughtful of you. For your efforts, here's another piece of stock for your future fortune.

Spoiler:
Except this is me, and I don't know who'd want a picture of me holding a tarantula. :P

Hehe, so you're the tattooed, spider-lady who gives out cupcakes. Didn't I see that on the Twilight Zone? ;)

Btw, I'm fine with little spiders, but big ones kinda freak me out. :shock: (So stop spider-yappin'!)

Disclaimer: There are no spider parts in any OTT cupcakes. :P

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 pm UTC

STUMPONG

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Not in mood for a station ad today, so I'll reflect the weather of my last two days on Boston:

FullOfIt wrote:
nerdsniped wrote:
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

Ew.

It didn't quite come out like I had hoped, but slightly "ew" anyway:
Spoiler:

Nice picture, o Illusionist.

mscha wrote:
Vytron wrote:Did you think I was a girl? The hat looks kind of... feminine. At least, it's a hat I wouldn't let other people seeing me with IRL in public :mrgreen:

I think that might be the case for many of us. Do you think I'd wear that one ==>
in public? Image

Wrong side, buddy. Use this on its own line next time:
<=>

XonqNopp wrote:WakONG up, SheeplONG!
Spoiler:

So we are doing that again.

Valarya wrote:
Zorin_75 wrote:
azule wrote:La Petite More

And I thought the little one's name was Mort?

We don't speak of such things... shhh

Indeed we don't, because mort means death, and death may be the end, and it is heresy to speak of the End of Time.

Lord Randall wrote:
Spoiler:

Facebook's Hal 9000 wrote:
Spoiler:

* looks at the third item on both
Do you have anything to say, HAL9000?

Valarya wrote:Disclaimer: There are no spider parts in any OTT cupcakes. :P

Good to know.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:
kenmelken wrote:I'm not particularly experienced in tree-felling, but that tree stump far right keeps intriguing me. Someone earlier mentioned possibility of a chainsaw used to cut it down. Seems to me that's about the only way you'd see a stump like that, so smooth. Am I wrong (I hope so)? Anyone know how else you'd cut a tree down to leave a stump that looks like that?

I did fell some trees in my life and in my experience, if it is done right, the stump should rather look like this:
path2985.png

Here you can see it in a real life image:
Of course I don't know how much knowledge Randall has about tree felling.

But if you rotate your image by 90 degrees, it'll look quite a lot like GLR's. (And explain why we don't see the trunk.)
Of course, we should consider whether it is one of the third-life pequininos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pequeninos.

Some Ways to Time

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:29 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:- Blindpost -

yappobiscuits wrote:Agree with ergman and BlitzGirl, I much prefer this place a little chaotic, all part of its charm ;)

I agree with this 150%! I've seen it again and again, over and over ...
<snip><snip><snip><snip><snipity><snip><snip><snip>

And then, some guy with Powers abuses them: they think enough is enough, and decides to close the thread and create an entire subforum or an entire forum where the discussion can happen in an organized way, or just does that and encourages the main thread to only be used about the main subject.

<snipity><snipity><snip><snip><snip><snip><snipity><snip><snip><snip>

Lots of good ideas here, but too long to quote in full, so I just selected a bit of it. It gave me an idea, actually. I've decided to nominate myself ONE OF THE GREAT POWERS mentioned here. So...

I've created a spreadsheet (spoilered below) with one column for each member and one row for each topic/idea. You are now only ALLOWED to post in the corresponding cell. You have a column all to yourself, but can only post to a topic in the one cell allocated for that. Enjoy

Spoiler:
Uh. No. Sorry to disappoint. Chaos away tribe.

Reminds me that back in [outside]March[/outside] a lot of us assumed we were looking at an involved April Fool's Joke. Maybe we are, but for the wrong yip.
-- Charlie Grumbles

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 pm UTC

Chugging Ketchup!

Miley Cyrus Chugs Ketchup on Tonight with Jay Leno

Starting out 23 NewPages behind, today I've made a power-run, Chugging through the Ketchup as fast as possible to get to the present. I apologize for not commenting on all the awesome stuff I found, but I spent all of last week in the past, and I really wanted to be current.

Still, I want to thank you all for the incredible amount of creativity and insanity and updates in the 23 NPs I've just read: The fabulous filks; the insightful and detailed discussions of what the OTT is; the amazing imagery; the marvelous map-making; the terrific installments of great ongoing fictional sagas; the analysis of molpysnakes; wonderful YouTube musical interludes; tantalizing tarot cards; eloquent geographical puzzling; fun-to-revisit past-posts forward-regurgitated by Blitzers; references to GEB (one of my favorite books); the heart-breaking end of the hattingfications of BuffyGirl, tempered by the joy of knowing she will still remain; far too many spiders for my marginally phobic tastes; and a rash of OTC claims of stewardship.

*Whew*

So now I'm present. A little dazed still from my chug'o'blitzing ketchup, but here.

Current again!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

Welcome Back to the Future, StratPlayer!

(p.s. ain't nothin' wrong with our spiders!)

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:So now I'm present. A little dazed still from my chug'o'blitzing ketchup, but here.

Here is the very best place to be.

Some Ways to Time

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 pm UTC

A thought:

That might not be a stump. Given the Africanistic setting, it might be this:

Spoiler:

An African termite mound???

And thanks, SBN and Kenmelken! (and there's nothing wrong with spiders... I just prefer to keep my distance. :wink: )

EDITED to put a less-huge picture in the spoiler...
Last edited by StratPlayer on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:50 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:A thought:

That might not be a stump. Given the Africanistic setting, it might be this:

Spoiler:

An African termite mound???

And thanks, SBN and Kenmelken! (and there's nothing wrong with spiders... I just prefer to keep my distance. :wink: )

Ooh! Termite mound! That's actually a viable food source if they're hungry. They taste like mint and carrots.

Edit: Admittedly, I've only ever tried Central American termites, not African ones. Don't know if they are as tasty.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
Ooh! Termite mound! That's actually a viable food source if they're hungry. They taste like mint and carrots.

Edit: Admittedly, I've only ever tried Central American termites, not African ones. Don't know if they are as tasty.

What??? Not free-range feathered molpys? I only eat stuff that tastes like free-range feathered molpys.

And potatoes, of course.
-- Charlie Grumbles

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

Firstpost bump.
pixeldigger wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
azule wrote:La Petite More:
<snip>
*filked korn* *chills*

Awesomeful! :D

I wonder, will Cuegan ever see any wildlife bigger than themselves? Like a molpydeer or a grizzlymolp. Or a raptorraptor.

I'd like to see a prONGhorn MolpyDeer

Welcome pixeldigger!

BlitzGirl wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Did anyone post a reminder of the new OtherComic yet?

Here's a fun exercise: replace all instances of the word "hipster" with the word "blitzer".
IT'S ALL RELATED

OMR, yes! It becomes so much better when you do that.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
kenmelken wrote:

What??? Not free-range feathered molpys? I only eat stuff that tastes like free-range feathered molpys.

And potatoes, of course.

Only free-range potatoes, of course. I hate the ones grown in captivity, squeezed into tiny cages, force-fed butter to make them all moist and tasty... It's cruel. Potatoes were meant to romp and frolic in the open countryside.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:57 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
kenmelken wrote:

And potatoes, of course.

Only free-range potatoes, of course. I hate the ones grown in captivity, squeezed into tiny cages, force-fed butter to make them all moist and tasty... It's cruel. Potatoes were meant to romp and frolic in the open countryside.

Actually, the wild ones are the best. And it's so much fun to saddle up with the posse to hunt them down and also prevent their depredations on the livestock. Yee Hah
-- Charlie Grumbles

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Only free-range potatoes, of course. I hate the ones grown in captivity, squeezed into tiny cages, force-fed butter to make them all moist and tasty... It's cruel. Potatoes were meant to romp and frolic in the open countryside.

Would that be my All-American, Blue-Prize Winning -1 Pixel of Butter Pats, as authorized by Angelastic? Mmmmm, yummy anti-buttery potatoes...........
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:Only free-range potatoes, of course. I hate the ones grown in captivity, squeezed into tiny cages, force-fed butter to make them all moist and tasty... It's cruel. Potatoes were meant to romp and frolic in the open countryside.

Would that be my All-American, Blue-Prize Winning -1 Pixel of Butter Pats, as authorized by Angelastic? Mmmmm, yummy anti-buttery potatoes...........

Hmmm. Yes. But my memoryweak tells me it was anti-butter. So, no. Sorry.
-- Charlie Grumbles

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

Curious Megan wonders if it's a stump or a terMONG-molpy mound

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Before I'm really gone, here's a final Molpy Report.
The beesnake has landed, and is now sitting perfectly still.
A (presumably) final animation

Or not...
For lack on any fresh Molpy activity (some Termolpy movement would have been nice), here's the final final animation of yesterpix' beesnake:
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”