1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

diego5wh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby diego5wh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

This treat is crazy long, you have new animals, have a tracking of the starts in the comic, and generally just expanded the lore of the comic well beyond what we get, I wish I could be more active, but sadly outsider duties are pressing, but I still keep checking the book of aubronwood once per day and some times I lurk here. I wonder for how long it would go...

Waiting for it..
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

TimeLurker

Re: Still molping...

Postby TimeLurker » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:<snip>
TimeLurker wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
TimeLurker wrote:<snip> In general I'd like them to stick *tee hee* together. Maybe Cueball could carry Meagan, not that'd be romantic *sigh*

Well...that depends on how he carried her. Molpy.

Slung over his shoulder while she hits his back and screams "Put me down you rotten molpy!" of course.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
FutureCuegan.png

redundant18.png

3Very4! I'm honored to inspire a BlitzGirl original.

Pope Edit: I decree that all of you shall wish for Cuegan to finally realize their love for each other. This in no way requires posting to say as such, but you must believe it in your very souls.
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

edfel

Postby edfel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

VoronX wrote: [big]did anyone else notice the second planet in Aquarius?[/big]!

I don't think anyone did... exciting!! I take a closer look on stellarium to see if that matches to anything...
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

"Let me love you!"
"Let go, you m*stardch*rping ch*rper!"
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Angelastic

Re: On Drawing Molpies

Postby Angelastic » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 pm UTC

I hope Megan doesn't leave the frame until Cueball wakes up; it's her job to whack any attacking molpies while he lies defenseless.

I loved both the Chirp Dance parotties. :)
BlitzGirl wrote:I don't usually record myself drawing, so I don't have process videos for any of my Time stuff (yet...I may make one) but here's one of another little drawing I did if anyone is curious.

Yay! Thanks for that; I love watching timelapses of people drawing. It's fascinating to see how the pictures build up. I like watching Len Peralta's drawing videos too. I've played with Photoshop a bit (ages and ages ago) and I can sort of use some of the tools but actually being able to draw recognisable outlines of things (to then work magic on with Photoshop tools) is an important skill that I don't have. I had fun drawing flames though. :D

Oh, you know what else is fascinating to see build up, but can't really be shown in time lapse? Music. Yappobiscuits, how is mussic formed? How Logic Pro get pragnent?

Marsh'n wrote:Good RANDALL, if you can sing that with confidence, what can't you sing? Looking forward to the video for sure, but take your Time :-)

It's a long list. I guess I exaggerated though; I could probably sing 'Happy Birthday' if I had to. 'Twas a rhetorical question, I'm sure, but I'll mention these as a challenge to anyone else. Things I can not sing:

• Tom Lehrer's 'The Elements'. I mean I know all the words but I can't quite move my mouth that quickly and I don't have the breath for it. Chicken Monkey Duck is fine, breath-wise (though it doesn't have the rhymes to help with memorisation, so it's easy to get your molpies and your chirpies mixed up) just as long as I remember to take a breath after that one "Chicken Monkey Duck" line, and nobody funnier and better at singing that song than me makes me laugh half of it back out again by breathing in the same way I did, but funnier.
  • Moxy Früvous's Johnny Saucep'n. Too intimidated to even try reading that one quickly enough. But I'd learn it if it would get the band back together.
  • Mick Bordet's What is Wrong. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Mick didn't memorise it either, considering it was written in a week, but I'd probably run out of breath and there is no way I'd get through it without laughing anyway. Actually, I've never tried it, but I don't think I've ever so much as listened to the whole thing without laughing, so the outlook is not good.
  • Anything where the lack of actual singing skills (things like breathing properly, and knowing what fancy musical phrases such as 'off key' mean in order to avoid exemplifying them) can't be made up for by memorisation skills.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:10 pm UTC

GONGREL...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:17 pm UTC

mscha wrote:GONGREL...
Spoiler:

I don't like that look in Megan's eye... does Cueball need protection from her? Was Lucky rabid? Or a zombolpy?

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:*Carefully removes a small plush cthullu and peeps out*

Just want to note that those apparently exist.

And none are better than Squishables. We have several squishables in my house.

thirds wrote:Also, the easiest way to get the hashed url of the image is just to right click and select "Copy image location" or the equivalent in your browser, then <enya>paste away paste away paste away</enya>

If Cuegan were traveling via sailboat this would be so meta. I laughed very loudly. :mrgreen:

mscha wrote:Cueball has now been (more or less) asleep for 48 newpix.

Has it truly been that long?! I feel like he just went to sleep.

I'm sad I missed the molpy page because workH has been the depths of the semenatedcoffeecancerbabysea today. Each time I try to ketchup, stuff hits fans. So: molpy!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

Ack! This turned into a blindpost while I was creating it. :-)

Montov wrote:When I proposed it some time ago, there was no support, but I'm using molpy13 as the unofficial footnote.

To clarify, you're using 13 as the unofficial footnote for "yeah", or for "molpy", or for "support"? Or is molpy the footnote for "yeah", or for "support"? You didn't footnote your footnote note. (So, this complies with BlitzGirl's NP990 PageMome, but probably not the current one?)

Thanks oh so much everyone for the OTTifichicken dance. (Ok, yeah, I'm kidding: I actually like it better than the original!)

Flotter wrote:With those shiny eyes they must be robotic, which reminds me of Philip K. Dick's Who's giggling? book, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Molpies?" Too bad they cut the molpies from the film though.

Blade Runner

And too bad they stole Alan Nourse's title for it.

charlie_grumbles! So happy to see you, love the new Avatar. The TdF... that's a kind of Blitz in and of itself, I suppose. Hope to hear more from you when you're not otherwise occupied!

edfel

Postby edfel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:23 pm UTC

edfel wrote:

I don't think anyone did... exciting!! I take a closer look on stellarium to see if that matches to anything...

Hmm, actually, yes, it's already been seen. It matches Jupiter In the "13291 hypothesis" (see alignments on the wiki, link below... I don't know how I've forgotten that).
However, I don't think anyone compared brightness. According to stellarium, Jupiter is indeed brighter than the two stars you mentioned, but would the difference be important enough to be noticed. Also, did you compare the original frames, since the stitch is likely to change the luminosity and size of the dots.

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm UTC

I admit I wrote:Megan has moved very little during the last several (inside) hourshmmm. This is not her usual behavior. She must be in pain, her leg swollen. She won't be able to walk much, maybe even to stand up. I predict Cueball will climb the mountain alone, while Megan waits for him to come back with help.
And exactly 1 newpix later Megan stood up and started walking around. This is how skillful I am when analyzing timeframes. Sigh.

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

Now back to your regular scheduled OTC/OTT content.

Cheers,

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Busy believing in my soul that Cuegan's meant for each other

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 pm UTC

thirds wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't like that look in Megan's eye... does Cueball need protection from her? Was Lucky rabid? Or a zombolpy?

The answer is simple. Megan is now a...
Wereraptorcat!

Image+Image+Image

The only reason we haven't seen her transform yet is because Time hasn't shown a full moon. But if we Wait for it...
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

CameronCat

Postby CameronCat » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 pm UTC

edfel wrote:There are strong clues, minor ones, some stuff I choose because it's simpler this way, and the rest is random guessing.

Late Edit! I misread the question, I thought it was about the last turn to the north, but it actually is about the first one. So it's quite clear from frames 1073--1077: they arrived from the left of the frame, they turn their back to the camera on 1076 , and we then see them moving forward (hence they have turned 90° left, and the camera also turned)

Soon-to-be Dr. Edfel:
Thanks! You didn't actually miss the question; it was just one example to shape my question. Your answers caused me to go back and step-view all the frames in the Chapel near the Aubron Wood. I see now that I missed many obvious clues that you grabbed, although how you see shadows in the early and middle frames is beyond me. Regardless, well done for the map and thanks.

May your 9 days pass quickly and be free from molpythings that wrap around your ankles.
Apprentice Curmudgeon by appointment to the Order of the Holy Contradiction
Knight Luminary and Second Prelate of the Proscenium
It's all related

BlueCrab

Re: Woolpy molpies

Postby BlueCrab » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

Ketchup notes...
Wooly thinking (replies to Thirds, BlitzGirl, Flotter, mscha):
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:Bravo, moody7277! Image

thirds wrote:I think this is a missing frame from the sunset period.

Wow, what a great woolpy collection! Kind of disturbing, though. Are those living molpies, or robotic molpy-shaped killing machines?

Flotter wrote:With those shiny eyes they must be robotic, which reminds me of Philip K. Dick's Who's giggling? book, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Molpies?" Too bad they cut the molpies from the film♦ though.

♦Blade Runner

They sure look like killing machines to me. I've disliked woolpies for a long time; my eldest has, too.

mscha wrote:Yes, for those of you wondering, newpixbot does dream of electric molpies.
Has he seen these?

Azule, congratulations on your beautiful Squeaks!

ETA: Charlie_grumbles! Miss you, the discussions during the long dark night have got me pondering gravity waves and I could use your ability to rate the esoteric to the solid!
Keep us posted on the Tour. :)
Last edited by BlueCrab on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:50 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:
I admit I wrote:Megan has moved very little during the last several (inside) hourshmmm. This is not her usual behavior. She must be in pain, her leg swollen. She won't be able to walk much, maybe even to stand up. I predict Cueball will climb the mountain alone, while Megan waits for him to come back with help.
And exactly 1 newpix later Megan stood up and started walking around. This is how skillful I am when analyzing timeframes. Sigh.

We call it Schroedinger's Dilemma: will you, by posting, cause something to happen in the OTC? Or will we, through not posting, cause something to happen in the OTC? Maybe, whatever you do, you cause nothing to happen and something to happen at the same time.

Ronald

PS: But then again, YOU ALREADY POSTED DIDN'T YOU? WE MIGHT AS WELL BREAK THE OTC FRAMES RIGHT HERE AT THE FACTORY.

PPS: That was a Dave Barry reference, for those not 'in the know'.
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

thirds wrote:
Spoiler:

:lol: You must have signed up for the premium Time Gold™ subscription package. All us free-account users don't get to see eyes.

So to me, she looks like she's just about to say this: http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=39520#p3396896.

Ximenez wrote:

It was a reasonable enough prediction. Half a day, though, would be a bit fast for infection to spread enough to be debilitating. However, unless she reports "Look, it's healing up all healthy already," a second night out on the mountain without shelter should be avoided at all costs.

If she needed to wait for Cueball to get help, staying at the cabin would have been better (except for being some additional distance away from the hoped-for help). Splitting up would have been a reasonable survival plan (downside: further attacks on Cueball alone, though presumably Megan could be protected in the cabin). Staying together is also a reasonable survival plan (downside: the chance of Megan becoming ill in worse conditions, e.g. on the mountain top if there is no shelter or help found there).
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

karhell

Postby karhell » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:43 pm UTC

Karhell's letters to the Denizens of the OTT
Chapter 6, verses *getLatestVerse()+1* to *getLatestVerse()+n*

===== Summary =====
The walk carries on, with Cueball lagging slightly behind before doing his own ketchup.
Cuegan then reach a mysterious flatland (salt flats ? ford ? Cuegan are ants crossing a road ?...)

The OTT turns mainly round speculation about the flatland, the feasability of a salt flat next to a river1, the effects of synesthesia, and solar eclipses.

On NP 565, the forum servers have encountered some ... technical difficulties.

1regardless of size

===== Synchronicity =====
Spoiler:
Coincidence ? DivineRandellesque Sign ? As I was hurrying to catch up to the present, I came across this :
synchronicity.png

===== Blitzers =====
Spoiler:
In the hills past the flatland, I noticed distinctive footprints, and a note : Macraw83 is also blitzing, and actually 77 pages behind. Yet your sig mentions 278 pages after yet another wip away ? Courage ! Keep blitzing, I know you can do it !

Further on, among the dunes (they are dunes, right ?), I found another page of Space Pope Kryton's Accidental Time Tourist Journal, which relates his approaching the Singularity Party, and the decay of his supply of ice packs.

===== Random Funniness =====
Spoiler:
Ebonite wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Ebonite wrote:<snip>
Maybe she's saying "windier" with a long i sound1 -- as in "this long and winding road is becoming an even longer and windier road".

No, I don't actually believe that. I just thought this discussion could use a little chaos. :D

1 for the first i, not the second i. The second i would be just plain weird.

a little chaos as differing from the big chaos that already exists?

At some point, mathematically, all this chaos has to start looking like order. Isn't that the entire basis of Chaos theory?

The OTT is like fractals. When you zoom in closer, you just see finer grains of chaos.

SBN wrote:
StratPlayer wrote: radio talk-show blowhards like <insert hated radio extremist of your personal choice here>.

Should I be worried that I read that as hatted radio extremist?

StratPlayer wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:
Selcouth wrote:
mscha wrote:PELTMONGERS...
<snip>

-- posted by newpixbot

....what's a peltmonger

peltmonger

Hmmm.. Well, let's see then -- a "Peltmonger" would be someone who keeps trying to start or stir up something related to PELT, which is the Peruvian project called the "Proyecto Especial del Lago Titicaca" (Lake Titicaca Special Project, PELT), which is about managing water issues related to Lake Titicaca, which includes both water concerns AND Lake Titicaca, which I've referenced several times in this thread, so that can only mean one thing...

*nods head knowingly*

See? It's ALL related...

--karhell - logging out at the top of page 586 of 989... I've been slacking, gotta gooooooooooo
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:43 pm UTC

VoronX wrote:I may have missed the conversation about it, but did anyone else notice the second planet in Aquarius?! (yellow circle in pic below). It is almost certainly Mars (possibly Saturn), given that it appears to have the same magnitude as theta Scorpii and epsilon Sagittarii (both in red), which are 1.9 and 1.8 visual magnitude, respectively. Saturn has a minimum visual magnitude of 1.47 and Mars of 1.84. All the other planets are way too bright. So it must be Mars. Given the difference in brightness between Mars and the other planet, and the fact that if it is Saturn or Jupiter, the other (green) planet is on the far side of the Sun, I'd want to rule out Saturn, which would be near its dimmest. So, I'm leaning toward Jupiter for the green planet, though, of course, it could be Venus, too.
Star Map:
Spoiler:
2394-2464_stitch_sphere-planet2.png

The second planet (yellow circle) was Jupiter and the first (green circle) was Venus. There's been a lot of discussion about both. The second planet was noticed here and identified here.

Ninja'd by edfel, but I posted anyway.
edfel wrote:
edfel wrote:

Hmm, actually, yes, it's already been seen. It matches Jupiter In the "13291 hypothesis" (see alignments on the wiki, link below... I don't know how I've forgotten that).
However, I don't think anyone compared brightness. According to stellarium, Jupiter is indeed brighter than the two stars you mentioned, but would the difference be important enough to be noticed. Also, did you compare the original frames, since the stitch is likely to change the luminosity and size of the dots.

Stellarium sez Jupiter is about -2.1, a whole lot brighter. Venus at -4.3.

Edit to clean up and add ninja errata.
Last edited by spamjam on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:On sharing tools:
I'm a Linux guy and use a GUI mainly for three things:
  • Browsing
  • Displaying graphical stuff
  • Opening a lot of easy to switch around command line terminals of various sorts (zsh...)
(There are of course some other uses too, like working with ... The GIMP, but that's less than 5% I guess.)
[...]
The scripting is done remote with vim

Sciscitor, you are my soul mate. This needed to be said.
Although I use vim also locally, prefer Ruby over Python, and deploy with git hooks.
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

edfel

Postby edfel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 pm UTC

CameronCat wrote:
edfel wrote:There are strong clues, minor ones, some stuff I choose because it's simpler this way, and the rest is random guessing.

Late Edit! I misread the question, I thought it was about the last turn to the north, but it actually is about the first one. So it's quite clear from frames 1073--1077: they arrived from the left of the frame, they turn their back to the camera on 1076 , and we then see them moving forward (hence they have turned 90° left, and the camera also turned)

Soon-to-be Dr. Edfel:
Thanks! You didn't actually miss the question; it was just one example to shape my question. Your answers caused me to go back and step-view all the frames in the Chapel near the Aubron Wood. I see now that I missed many obvious clues that you grabbed, although how you see shadows in the early and middle frames is beyond me. Regardless, well done for the map and thanks.

May your 9 days pass quickly and be free from molpythings that wrap around your ankles.

I don't see the shadows, I just see Cuegan discussing shadows (frames 1688+, Into the Mountains period) :D

does a 1-year-old nephew counts as a molpything? because that is the most likely to get warped around my ankle in the coming daysdips...
Last edited by edfel on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:59 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:
thirds wrote:
Spoiler:

:lol: You must have signed up for the premium Time Gold™ subscription package. All us free-account users don't get to see eyes.

So to me, she looks like she's just about to say this: http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=39520#p3396896.

It doesn't look like this for you all?
eye.png
eye.png (13.18 KiB) Viewed 17626 times

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

MEGANGETTINGANTSYWAITINGFORITONG
i don't do ing ongs

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:14 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:Chicken Monkey Duck is fine, breath-wise (though it doesn't have the rhymes to help with memorisation, so it's easy to get your molpies and your chirpies mixed up) just as long as I remember to take a breath after that one "Chicken Monkey Duck" line, and nobody funnier and better at singing that song than me makes me laugh half of it back out again by breathing in the same way I did, but funnier.

OMR, that's Imageious!
And very brave of you, to upload a video of yourself with those ears. Image
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:19 pm UTC

Looking at the last three newpix, Megan barely moves her legs, and yet she manages to move all over the frame. Teleportation?

Redundant spoiler:
Spoiler:
TeleportingMegan.gif

redundant19.png
redundant19.png (111.92 KiB) Viewed 17589 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:21 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Redundant:
Spoiler:

Those redundant eyes :shock:

Whizbang wrote:Prediction:

Spoiler:

I know this has been said many times before, but deservingly: This is fantastic!

BlitzGirl wrote:(It's disturbing how Cuegan can have an entire conversation using monosyllabic words.)

We can too, if we want. There are lots of words with one sound and no more that can be used.

PSETA: She's in an almost identical pose each time, too
He/Him/His Image

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Angelastic wrote:Chicken Monkey Duck is fine, breath-wise (though it doesn't have the rhymes to help with memorisation, so it's easy to get your molpies and your chirpies mixed up) just as long as I remember to take a breath after that one "Chicken Monkey Duck" line, and nobody funnier and better at singing that song than me makes me laugh half of it back out again by breathing in the same way I did, but funnier.

OMR, that's Imageious!
And very brave of you, to upload a video of yourself with those ears. Image

:evil: You got a problem with those ears? :mrgreen:

I borrowed them from a friend (yeah; she literally lent me her ears), since she had a spare pair and they matched my fake Star Trek dress. :)
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
my robot army.

BlitzGirl

Chicken Molpy Duck

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 pm UTC

Bravo! Image (Somehow I missed the link the first Time I passed it, thanks for quoting, mscha!)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Can you…?

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

…blindpost from NP988?

BlueCrab wrote:Aaah! A standard, a standard! Ni ni ni ni ni chupacabra ping pong ball. United we stand opposed to standards!
*Grabs the children and hides in a fort of children's books and stuffed animals.*

*Carefully removes a small plush cthullu and peeps out* Did the standard charm against standards work?

Isn't the anti-standard a standard by itself?

Valarya wrote:And a lot of us use 'dip' for day because, well... we're perverts. And cannot, therefore, use dix without giggling like a 12 year old. *ahem*

It took me some time to realize that 'dix' is not spoken 'dkß' ('dk' is like a scratch in a vinyl record; 'kß' is just czech).

Whizbang wrote:Prediction:
Spoiler:

I predict that won't work.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Looking at the last three newpix, Megan barely moves her legs, and yet she manages to move all over the frame. Teleportation?

I though for a secondOutside that perhaps the GLR had become lazyheresy, and just moved the existing Megan drawing around, but no, He did, in fact, re-draw her.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

thirds wrote:
Rule110 wrote:
thirds wrote:
Spoiler:

It doesn't look like this for you all?

It looks like her head has been replaced by a coffee bean. Maybe we misheard and it was [baconbaby]coffeecansauroneyes all along.

ETA: Post not found.
Haiku Detector
my robot army.

edo

Postby edo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:03 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Looking at the last three newpix, Megan barely moves her legs, and yet she manages to move all over the frame. Teleportation?

I though for a secondOutside that perhaps the GLR had become lazyheresy, and just moved the existing Megan drawing around, but no, He did, in fact, re-draw her.

Note that the bandage is on her left leg but the molpard scratched her right leg.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:05 pm UTC

Standing ONG Cueball

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

edo wrote:Note that the bandage is on her left leg but the molpard scratched her right leg.

I think you might be imagining things. Image You can't even see which leg is left and which is right.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Here, I am floating on this bucket

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

thirds wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh no, I'm going to freak out again...

Marsh'n wrote:charlie_grumbles! So happy to see you, love the new Avatar. The TdF... that's a kind of Blitz in and of itself, I suppose. Hope to hear more from you when you're not otherwise occupied!

For some reason I think he's participating of TdF.

BlitzGirl wrote:
thirds wrote:I don't like that look in Megan's eye... does Cueball need protection from her? Was Lucky rabid? Or a zombolpy?

The answer is simple. Megan is now a...
Wereraptorcat!

Image+Image+Image

The only reason we haven't seen her transform yet is because Time hasn't shown a full moon. But if we Wait for it...

Okay, okay, got it. I'll proceed with a Cat People ottification after I finish this one.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

To clarify: the raptorcat clawed Megan's left leg, which is on the right side of the frame to observers looking face-on to her (a.k.a. all of us).
Spoiler:

Ah, the joys of lefting and righting.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:Pope Edit: I decree that all of you shall wish for Cuegan to finally realize their love for each other. This in no way requires posting to say as such, but you must believe it in your very souls.

Relevant OtherComic:

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:40 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:To clarify: the raptorcat clawed Megan's left leg, which is on the right side of the frame to observers looking face-on to her (a.k.a. all of us).
Spoiler:

I still say you can't see which is her left and which is her right leg. She's standing facing our right, with one leg forward. But that might be either leg, at least, I can't see the difference in a stick figure...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:43 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:Anything where the lack of actual singing skills (things like breathing properly, and knowing what fancy musical phrases such as 'off key' mean in order to avoid exemplifying them) can't be made up for by memorisation skills.

Yay thanks for the video! Ah, yes, the breathing thing. My marsh'n vocal apparatus has some issues with the breathing thing on your planet too. I have problems with my memorizer that you apparently don't share, though. I can't even seem to remember if it's a Q36 or a P38 space modulator that got stolen from me by this rascal: Image (P.S. You're not related, right? I noticed you have similar ears.)

Regarding newpic/newpix dip/dix wip/wix - I was leaning toward the interpretation of the 'x' form as plural and the other 'c/p' form as singular. Strongly for the first case, weakly for the others. We tend to use plurals a lot more often (because we are doing something for more than one newpic or dip).

Regarding the last few ONGx (assuming that's the plural now!) - it looks to me like Megan's getting bored waiting0. Does it say something that Cue stayed up all night pretty much watching her, and she's impatient to get going? (Hopefully something good about how she's feeling...)

ETAppease pope: Or maybe she's thinking about how to profess her undying love but she's afraid to wake him up to tell him because he's grumpy in the morning.

BlitzGirl

Left foot left foot left foot right

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:57 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:To clarify: the raptorcat clawed Megan's left leg, which is on the right side of the frame to observers looking face-on to her (a.k.a. all of us).
Spoiler:

I still say you can't see which is her left and which is her right leg. She's standing facing our right, with one leg forward. But that might be either leg, at least, I can't see the difference in a stick figure...

True, but a pose like the one in the second newpix:

would certainly be more uncomfortable if the flag was on her right leg instead of her left.
Try mimicking that pose, matching the head, body, and arm position, and it's quite noticeable.
From that I infer that the flag is on her left leg (though nobody is required to agree with me). :wink:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
RightRight.png
RightRight.png (12.41 KiB) Viewed 17368 times

redundant20.png
redundant20.png (24.13 KiB) Viewed 17368 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”