1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

kenmelken

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kenmelken » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 pm UTC

I missed the papal decree about earliest memories:

I actually waited up to see the new comic. Saw it, read the alt-text, waited for 2 minutes and nothing happened, so I assumed it was merely a short and sweet message and thus went to bed. After being acoma (we called it "sleep" back then) for a while and then some morning errands, I saw it again because the tab was still open on my phone's browser and thought, "that's odd. I don't think she was laying down before." Still didn't think much of it. Saw it again that Wednesday when the next comic came out and I clicked back one to see Cueball alone building a substantial castle. The time was 11:29 PM my time and next I actually saw him move when the next newpix hit. I nearly jumped out of my skin in surprise. That's when I did a search, and soon I found myself here. :)

EDIT: Oooh! It's been a while since I've been on top. What title should I choose this time? So far I've had 8 papacies, 2 imperial reigns (one of them only semi-supreme), 1 festival mastership, and 1 accidental and relinquished kindly caretakership. I think I'm feeling imperial again, so I hereby commence my Third Imperial Reign as Semi-Supreme Emperor. Let the empire be filled with happiness.

Decree: continued theories on what they'll find atop the stairway to heaven ladder to the summit.
Edit again: Also, if you didn't get to share your first OTC memory earlier, do so now, since posting mine super late is what landed me on this spot in the first place!
Last edited by kenmelken on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:09 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

mscha wrote:If any of y'all is interested, here it is: http://xkcd.mscha.org/time.rss
It is, of course, automatically updated whenever a frame arrives, and contains the most recent 24 frames.

Very cool mscha. I never use RSS, but I got myself a reader just to try this out and now I'm adding tons of stuff to it!
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

mittagleffler

Postby mittagleffler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

Up, up, and awONG!

Edited ong.

Edit2: By the way, I had to wait until my cpu clock had gone to 2 minutes past newpix. What's up with that? I even tried reloading and checking Book of Aubron to make sure I didn't miss it. Is this normal? Remember, this is only my 2nd ong. Be gentle.
Waiting.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

ETA: Yes, sometimes the newpix are a bit delayed because of the server. Nothing unusual.
ETA2: For the decree, I think that there will be a molpy shaped like a building.

mittagleffler wrote:BlitzGirl, did you choose your username because you knew you were going to blitz?

EDIT: If that question is too personal, you don't have to answer it.

Oh, a question for me! Nope, not too personal at all. :) I actually joined the xkcd fora back in 2010H because I wanted to discuss Other Comics. I chose the username "Blitz" because it was a character in one of the stories I'd been writing (and you're right, the name Blitz for the character was picked for the German meaning of the word, "lightning").

I'd actually chosen it as a username in other fora on the internet, too. But "Blitz" was taken here already, so I added "Girl" to the end, as I will sometimes do since Blitz is usually assumed to be a masculine name (not surprising, as the word is gendered "male" in German and even the character I named Blitz in my story was male).

Did I know I was going to Quest? Nope, though I do have a habit of reading the entirety of a forum thread before I comment on it. So when Time came along two and a half yearsH later, that's what I did. And the rest is in the pastposts. :)

HHeretical dating
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

IceIsNice

Postby IceIsNice » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:Decree: continued theories on what they'll find atop the stairway to heaven ladder to the summit.

Still holding out for the mad scientist and the lightning storm.
Hi! Probably.

mittagleffler

Postby mittagleffler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:24 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
mittagleffler wrote:BlitzGirl, did you choose your username because you knew you were going to blitz?

EDIT: If that question is too personal, you don't have to answer it.

Oh, a question for me! Nope, not too personal at all. :) I actually joined the xkcd fora back in 2010H because I wanted to discuss Other Comics. I chose the username "Blitz" because it was a character in one of the stories I'd been writing (and you're right, the name Blitz for the character was picked for the German meaning of the word, "lightning").

I'd actually chosen it as a username in other fora on the internet, too. But "Blitz" was taken here already, so I added "Girl" to the end, as I will sometimes do since Blitz is usually assumed to be a masculine name (not surprising, as the word is gendered "male" in German and even the character I named Blitz in my story was male).

Did I know I was going to Quest? Nope, though I do have a habit of reading the entirety of a forum thread before I comment on it. So when Time came along two and a half yearsH later, that's what I did. And the rest is in the pastposts. :)

HHeretical dating

Thanks a bunch, BlitzGirl! :D

On the decree, I believe they will find:
Spoiler:
Raw turkey cake!
Waiting.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:31 pm UTC

Thanks mscha for the Jimi cake. And you did that on your 1800th post!!! Congrats on that milestone. I'm not good at google, but here's something I can do, a visualization of 1800 posts:
Spoiler:
....................................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................................................
+. (for 1801)

And a shout out to newpixbot for filling in during those times when the servers are acting funny, the thread is dead, or the discussions are going so hot and heavy that folks forget there's a comic to be posted.

Edit:
I think they'll find a Firefly class spaceship with crew (Damn you FOX for your betrayal), so they won't have to walk home.
Last edited by pelrigg on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

Papal prediction:
(Click for full-size.)

ETA: thanks for the dots, pelrigg!
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:And happy 1800 (wow) to you.
Spoiler:

Thanks!
That's an impressive cake. (But aren't there 1795 layers missing?)

Well what charlie didn't tell you is there is a secret to that cake. each of the 5 layers has been cut into 1 degree slices (360 in total) before it got iced.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:38 pm UTC

mittagleffler wrote:Edit2: By the way, I had to wait until my cpu clock had gone to 2 minutes past newpix. What's up with that? I even tried reloading and checking Book of Aubron to make sure I didn't miss it. Is this normal? Remember, this is only my 2nd ong. Be gentle.

One very obvious explanation could be that your computer's clock is running fast. ;)
As you posted at exactly 2 heretical minutes past ONG, and you say you didn't get the newpix until 2 minutes past, it seems like that's probably the case.

ETA:
Latent22 wrote:Well what charlie didn't tell you is there is a secret to that cake. each of the 5 layers has been cut into 1 degree slices (360 in total) before it got iced.

Ah, that explains it! :)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:40 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Papal prediction:
>snip<

I know it wasn't much, but you can always imagine them as layers of cake, cup cakes, or even glasses filled with your favorite brew......

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:43 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
>snip<

I know it wasn't much, but you can always imagine them as layers of cake, cup cakes, or even glasses filled with your favorite brew......

It's the thought that counts. :)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
>snip<

If you want to see which one it is mscha you just have to push ctrl-+ many times

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

IceIsNice wrote:
kenmelken wrote:Decree: continued theories on what they'll find atop the stairway to heaven ladder to the summit.

Still holding out for the mad scientist and the lightning storm.

I.e., a BlitzProf?
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mittagleffler

Postby mittagleffler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
mittagleffler wrote:Edit2: By the way, I had to wait until my cpu clock had gone to 2 minutes past newpix. What's up with that? I even tried reloading and checking Book of Aubron to make sure I didn't miss it. Is this normal? Remember, this is only my 2nd ong. Be gentle.

One very obvious explanation could be that your computer's clock is running fast. ;)
As you posted at exactly 2 heretical minutes past ONG, and you say you didn't get the newpix until 2 minutes past, it seems like that's probably the case.

But, but, the forum can't possibly use my cpu clock as post time, can it? I agree that my cpu clock might very well be off, as might my phone, which I used to double-check the time when nothing happened. But I suppose that my post is date stamped by a web server, and the possibility that all three of those gadgets are off by approximately the same amount and direction is rather slim, imho.

There is also a quite high possibility that I'm a bit daft and am having a brain fart.
Last edited by mittagleffler on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting.

Eternal Density

Molpy up!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

It was nice to wake up and let my phone's wallpaper refresh and see the "Huh." newpic :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Eternal Density

Niclep stretched and yawned.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:01 pm UTC

doublepONG
[edit] oops wrong image.

I wonder why Cue is going up first.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:13 pm UTC

mittagleffler wrote:
mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

But, but, the forum can't possibly use my cpu clock as post time, can it? I agree that my cpu clock might very well be off, as might my phone, which I used to double-check the time when nothing happened. But I suppose that my post is date stamped by a web server, and the possibility that all three of those gadgets are off by approximately the same amount and direction is rather slim, imho.

The post is indeed timestamped by the web server, which is probably NTP-synchronized. (At least, it always perfectly matches my computer, which is NTP-synchronized.) So, your post was made at exactly 2 minutes past, which means that you must have seen the newpix before that.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The Darkness don't have enough hits for me to carry on

Postby Vytron » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

- Blindpost [Page 950 - just read Rule110's sig!] -

ggh wrote:Wow, that's so sad about the papacy. Fun page things made ketching up seem so much cheerier.

THIS. The thread won't be the same without Pope decrees :(

I hope someone had gone and retconned StratPlayer's dissolve of the papacy.

(The thing with retcons is that StratPlayer's dissolve of the papacy would have never happened, and so, his "No do-overs, take-backs, un-do's, or crossed-fingers jinx-protections allowed!!!" wouldn't have taken place in the first place, so no legal, moral, or ethical bind ever happened. And something like "no retcons!" can't work due to its self-recursive paradoxical nature.)

Also, thanks Earthling on Mars for sigcouragement! And I'm wondering if karhell will have caught me at some point and it's actually sending sigcouragement from the future :mrgreen:
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

Wildhound

Re: Niclep stretched and yawned.

Postby Wildhound » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:It was nice to wake up and let my phone's wallpaper refresh and see the "Huh." newpic :D

:D

Eternal Density wrote:doublepONG
Spoiler:

[edit] oops wrong image.

He probably wants to make sure it's secure first.

Eternal Density

His sleep had been refreshing.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

Wildhound wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I wonder why Cue is going up first.

He probably wants to make sure it's secure first.
Yeah, that makes sense.
And then he might climb back down again and stay below Megan in case she needs a hand, but that makes too much sense.

akacat

Re: Niclep stretched and yawned.

Postby akacat » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:doublepONG
Spoiler:

[edit] oops wrong image.

To see if there's a snake up there.

My prediction: there is no snake up there. It'll be La Petite, with a helicopter, saying "what took you so long?" When she notices the bandage on Megan's leg, she'll ask if they've seen her friend Catherine, Lucky.

The first time I saw the OTC, it was (as usual) triggered when I followed the link from my RSS reader. Megan was reclined, and Cueball was sitting next to her. After about a minute of "waiting for it", I checked the forum to see what was up. Within a couple pages that led me to explainxkcd where I saw the frames I missed. I used the links on explainxkcd to follow along for the first few days, then I switched to geekwagon. I didn't return to the thread until shortly before the Big Fade.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

- BlindPost NP950 -

mscha wrote:This space deliberately left blank.

(It was a comment on an incorrect diagram that has been removed in the meantime, so no need for my comments to remain.)

Can people stop doing this? It seems a punishment to blitzers for not being in the present.

I want to see it all, not just the things that people decided to leave unedited.

So, yes, there's a need for your comment to remain: so that blitzers can know what happened without needing to be on the present! Preserve the posts for POSTerity! Leave things spoilered if you want, but outright deletion is "changing the past" so that blitzers never get to see the original posts :cry:

Please don't burn your books.
Cheers Marsh'n!

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

I already know what's up there!

Redundant
Spoiler:
timereveal3.png
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

Eternal Density

Although it had been filled with strange dreams.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

akacat wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I wonder why Cue is going up first.

To see if there's a snake up there.
Even better idea!

I think my first OTT experience went something like:
I first looked at the OTC within the first few newpix, waited for a minute or two, wondered whether I had seen a change or just imagined it from staring for too long, thought it was kinda neat, and moved on.
The next day (or maybe the day after?) I figured I should check the forum to see what they had to say about it, and when I got to the Individual XKCD Comic Threads page I though "odd that the Time thread is so long. I wonder..." And then I saw a different pic to what I remembered having seen. (I think that that point I worried that I'd missed frames and hoped someone had saved them for those who hadn't been there to see them.) And then I looked at the end where I think people were discussion whether newpix or timeframes or some other option was the accepted terminology. I didn't really get involved much until after the Madness (I tend to avoid the fora then) though I did do some protoketchupblitzing of what went on in that time, as I didn't want to be ignorant of the origin of various practices, customs, and words.
Eventually I couldn't help but start participating myself and eventually found myself caught up in the wackiness fully.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:48 pm UTC

Stopping in to check on the OTC/OTT. Thanks for the TdF updates Charlie. I shall have to search for some of the riders, and specific crashes, that you mentioned. Also loved the Regina Spektor OTTification.

My prediction:
Spoiler:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 am UTC

AscendONG

EDIT: Oooh yeah, the decree. Hopefully they find a fully functioning modern hospital that specializes in treating meowlpy wounds?
Lost forever in time...

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:09 am UTC

Charm Quark wrote:AscendONG

Spoiler:

EDIT: Oooh yeah, the decree. Hopefully they find a fully functioning modern hospital that specializes in treating meowlpy wounds?

Your first ONG?

Here you go:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Niclep quickly forgot his dreams as he munched his breakfast

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:14 am UTC

Oh I kinda missed the decree.
So...
They'll find a lighthouse. And a man. And a city.

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:20 am UTC

For having a bum leg, Megan sure is showing some pluck.

Previously, when faced with a less demanding climb, they just found another way to go. Now they're taking on insurmountable odds together. How cute!
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:21 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Pikrass wrote:
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:So...is it still the case that mods can be summoned by name? Like if I wanted to suggest bbcode for an alternative, less buggy spoiler that allows you to give it a title, I could just yell for "davean"? Or maybe that should be handled via PM.

I started to write a patch when the Great Webmaster came, but never finished it. The BBCode to HTML code is done, but the reverse code has yet to be written.
I figured I should try to include it in phpBB's code, to make his life easier, so I studied it a little, but not far enough.
I thought recently I should finish it soon, since I'm on holidays since this wip-end. But if anyone wants to do it before me, feel free.

Here's what I've done so far :
new-spoiler.zip

See, that may be overcomplicating things. My solution (which I've just realized actually doesn't nest properly - I'll have to modify it some. I only tested for if it completely breaks down the forum style :P ) is completely vanilla, just a different way of doing spoilers via the bbcodes tab on the administrator control panel. Your solution may address the underlying problem, though, which is potentially better.

Well, the problem beforehand is that the phpBB parser is ugly. You can produce non-compliant HTML code by switching the closing tags, because the parser don't correct it itself. With the spoiler and the quote tags, you can even break the whole layout! (because they both use the blockquote element)
This parser is based on plain regex replacements, and you can understand fairly easily why that can't do the job right. Each tag has its dedicated methods, and some of them implement a stack-based mechanism to handle nested tags. And they reinvent the wheel for each of these "special" tags. And they need dirty hacks, e.g. because they turn special characters into entities right at the beginning. And they use that horrible e regex flag.
Why don't they use a tree-based system? That would allow them to have a robust, easily extensible system with automatic error correction. But oh well, who am I to judge. ;)

So I prefer to write something that won't use their system at all. In fact, I can probably fix the layout problem with this method too, by checking specifically for quote tags. I just found a good place to hook my code I think.
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:23 am UTC

On the previous page I made the following prediction for what they would find. Either it was missed since it was spoilered or it was so lame no one wanted to embarrass me by commenting, but in any case I'm throwing it forward. THIS is what they shall find. Word.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:35 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks!

Well what charlie didn't tell you is there is a secret to that cake. each of the 5 layers has been cut into 1 degree slices (360 in total) before it got iced.

Not a chance. C.G. is a mathematician and we mathies don't use degrees. Tho' I suppose he could have cut it into 17.5 milliradian slices, tho' that would be weird.
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Raptorcatopia

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:42 am UTC

akacat wrote:My prediction: there is no snake up there. It'll be La Petite, with a helicopter, saying "what took you so long?" When she notices the bandage on Megan's leg, she'll ask if they've seen her friend Catherine, Lucky.

Image My new prediction: a society of intelligent raptorcats.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

He wondered where his father found these berries.

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:49 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:On the previous page I made the following prediction for what they would find. Either it was missed since it was spoilered or it was so lame no one wanted to embarrass me by commenting, but in any case I'm throwing it forward. THIS is what they shall find. Word.
Spoiler:
I don't want you embarrass you by telling you which it was. :wink:

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:51 am UTC

cellocgw wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks!

Not a chance. C.G. is a mathematician and we mathies don't use degrees. Tho' I suppose he could have cut it into 17.5 milliradian slices, tho' that would be weird.

Well, actually you just didn't let the recursion run long enough before you looked at it. Here is the current version. Unspoilered for all to share.
cake2.png
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:56 am UTC

- Blindpost NP953 -

Oh I hadn't seen a question by someone answered yet, it was something like:

"Firefox and Google Chrome are showing these frames very differently, Chrome is showing it much more bright and nice! But, which one is showing the correct one?"

Short answer: Firefox does!

Long answer: Both browsers are fudging the image! But at some point in the OTT, someone gave instruction about how to fix this for firefox (going into about:config and changing some gamma setting to 0 or 1, I don't remember :mrgreen: ), so that it would show the frames as GLR intended.

So, Firefox is showing them much darker than Chrome, but as dark as that is how GLR wanted us to see them.

With Chrome, one sees something like this:

Problem? Yes, I'm going to highlight the problem here:

Compare both versions. The lines between one shade of grey and the next are "jumping" from as low as one color, so as high as 4. If GLR intended the image to look this bright, he'd have used a much smoother transition between greys.

In fact, that's what happened! Back when the scenery was much lighter, there were transitions like this one, but they were smooth.

So, even though the detail of the Milkyway is more visible with more light as in Chrome, I invite Chrome users to fire up Firefox, fix its gamma, and revisit these frames so you see them in the way GRL intended them to be shown, instead of the fudge you get with Chrome.
Cheers Marsh'n!

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:06 am UTC

Ong at the top

New prediction: they'll find themselves in line at Space Mountain and get busted for cutting.......

Eternal Density

They tasted more delicious than usual.

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:26 am UTC

I'm currently a little distracted trying to read /Fridge/Primer on TVTropes. Willingly.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 am UTC

New prediction: At the top they will find an Evil Jaguar Temple, with all the region's missing inhabitants gathered together in ceremonial robes and carrying obsidian knives.
The Evil High Priest wrote:The human sacrifices have arrived, of their own free will and marked by the Holy One as was foretold to us many days ago!

The Evil High Priestess wrote:Now the dark blood magic ritual may begin!

The Evil High Priest wrote:The stars shall be set right!

The Evil Cultists, in Unison, wrote:We are blessed, and we shall be rewarded, because we Waited For It!
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”