1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:45 pm UTC

That gif must be a magnified view of semencoffeecancerbabiesonice.

Ximenez wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, and luckyONG:
Spoiler:

It's a snaaaaaaaake!

That reminds me, we should be getting a new luckyONG in about a quarter of a nopix. Yay!

ETA:
If you happen across any other trippy gifs, feel free to provide them (behind spoiler tags for safety, of course).
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:SO I have been stuck on finding trippy gifs... I think I found one... If you blink fast you see some cool patterns!

Spoiler:

Whoa! It's pretty hypnotic just looking at it, then when you start blinking... holy chirp!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:SO I have been stuck on finding trippy gifs... I think I found one... If you blink fast you see some cool patterns!

Spoiler:

Oooh, that's pretty cool! This seems to be a good way to pass the time.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Postby Helper » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 pm UTC

Spoiler:

[insert vauge noobsniping-appreciative comment here]
:twisted:
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:

Spoiler:

Oooh, that's pretty cool! This seems to be a good way to pass the time.

I dont know how you feel about this heretic site but it has some good ones.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 pm UTC

Well, it seems that I'll need to download Windows 8.1's ISO before refreshing the PC. 8 hours to go. Using IE in the meantime.

Helper wrote:That gif... ...alright, who let BlitzGirl into the LSD again???

FWIW, I can confirm that our stock of LSD and hybrids is intact.

Helper wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
moody7277 wrote:At least we've misplaced the blinky gif of epileptic doom.

Like this one?
Spoiler:

Nah, more like this:
Spoiler:

Nah, more like this:
Spoiler:
Give us 5 or 6 more years, and we'll have enough frames for a gif.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Well, it seems that I'll need to download Windows 8.1's ISO before refreshing the PC. 8 hours to go. Using IE in the meantime.

Helper wrote:
Opiboble wrote:

Like this one?
Spoiler:

Nah, more like this:
Spoiler:

Nah, more like this:
Spoiler:

I would help but all I have is MSPaint and a shaky hand :/
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

Maugrim

Postby Maugrim » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 pm UTC

Page 231 and counting. I just realised... all these signatures containing shoutouts to the blitzers... they mean me. I'm a blitzer too.

I've registered now. There's still a mountain to climb, but I don't feel so alone anymore.

I wonder when I'll read this post. The thread can't be moving so fast now that the comic's over... can it?

Helper

Postby Helper » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:57 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Well, it seems that I'll need to download Windows 8.1's ISO before refreshing the PC. 8 hours to go. Using IE in the meantime.

Helper wrote:
Opiboble wrote:

Like this one?
Spoiler:

Nah, more like this:
Spoiler:

Nah, more like this:
Spoiler:

Are you sure? Are you really sure? Are you sure there aren't any sheets of printer paper that don't seem to belong, or anything that smells a little too oreganoey?

And GIFs in 1080p freaking when!?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:03 pm UTC

airdrik, awesomeful OTTification and OTThercomic.

[quote="Opiboble wrote:
Sorry I have been gone a while, lost my job, but I have a new one now :D

How are things going here in the OTT?

Opibople! Yay! Congrats on the new job, and welcome back!

Whizbang, you continue to amaze with your creOTTivity. (see what I did there?)

Awesomeful ottifications, Angelastic!

azule wrote:
macraw83 wrote:I started at the front page, as usual

Hopefully you've found your happiness in your blitz by now, so my question to you is: why do you start at page 1 instead of, say, page 1101 or 876 or wherever you last left off? When you start on page 1, how do get back to your starting point? Why the extra step?

Um, I always start there because, I guess, that's the bookmark I saved. Then I have to hunt for where I was last. Didn't think it could be done more easily. :oops: (Well, I sort of did think it could, but never looked into it.) Is there some sort of magical way to get to the page you were on last? Do you just bookmark that page?

yappobiscuits wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Re: "Rest Here with Me": So beautiful. The first YappoBlitz creation! (Or is it BlitzYappo?) Just lovely. And I finally got to hear your Nightwish ottification, and it was awesomeful as well. Quite liked the original song too. I might have to check out more of their stuff.

Double thanks! :mrgreen: Hmm, BlitzBiscuits maybe? :P. Anyway, that song isn't your typical Nightwish song, they're usually symphonic metal. But here's another more along the lines of The Islander to get you started!

:shock: yapp, GET OUT OF MY HEAD! When I watched the Islander video, I saw they had a song about mermaids, and thought, I'll have to go back and listen to it. My bellydance troupe is called Las Sirenas, Spanish for "The Mermaids," and since we're a fusion-y troupe, I thought it might be something we could dance to. And it is, actually. So, thanks for the link. NOW GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Oh, and I meant to post this link back when people were posting Magic Eyes and other weird optical illusions. It does have a strobe/epilectic warning. But it's really cool. http://neave.com/strobe/

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Exodies

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby Exodies » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:06 pm UTC

magma pixie wrote:
jowo wrote:Not burn, smolloy. Steak, perhaps. More likely send you to the comfy chair and pelt you with M&Ms....

Okay, I've missed something. What is wrong with being in the comfy chair? (Other than, apparently, getting pelted with M&Ms.)

{P1336}
Rather than have real pleasure, you will be subjected to comfort and chocolate.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

MolpysnakeONG!

Not easy to see. There is a snake in the last few luckyONGs, on the slope to the right, going up. Well done, Latent22!
Last edited by Ximenez on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
azule wrote:

Hopefully you've found your happiness in your blitz by now, so my question to you is: why do you start at page 1 instead of, say, page 1101 or 876 or wherever you last left off? When you start on page 1, how do get back to your starting point? Why the extra step?

Um, I always start there because, I guess, that's the bookmark I saved. Then I have to hunt for where I was last. Didn't think it could be done more easily. :oops: (Well, I sort of did think it could, but never looked into it.) Is there some sort of magical way to get to the page you were on last? Do you just bookmark that page?

I have a surprisingly easy way to do it. I make sure that the last browser window I close when I shut down the computer has the farthest point in the thread that I've read open in one of the tabs, and the next time I start the computer up, I go back into Chrome (my browser of choice), to the History tab (I've been following the OTC/OTT on a Macbook), and select "reopen last closed window." That brings up cached pages of whatever I was last viewing, and a page refresh or three brings me to the latest version of each page, while saving vertical position on the page.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Exodies

Re: Bacon time.

Postby Exodies » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

HES wrote:
gement wrote:Right now people seem to imagine they will be electing a single pope. Well, two at most. Hahahahahahahahah.

Whatever did happen to Helper?

{P1336}
There was a post which said "this is why Helper was banned from the forum" (I think it referred to a statement that as pope he was immune to moderators). However, I don't remember anyone commenting on this, so it could be something I imagined.

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
azule wrote:

Provided you haven't been blindposting, if you go to the individual comic threads page, you can just click on the little Image icon next to the topic to go to where you were last. If you have been blindposting, it will think you are up to wherever you posted last, so you can't use that icon. But if you can remember which newpage you were up to, you can (as, I think, charlie_grumbles pointed out somewhere in the thread) click on the 'Page 1378 of 1378' (or whatever) link at the bottom of the page by the list of newpages, and type in the newpage number you were up to.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:After a long, frustrating day at work, I know I can always count on my fellow OTTers to make me smile. Special thanks goes out to Whizbang for those hilarious OTTifications. :mrgreen:

I had intended on posting my sandcastle adventures over the wipend - I attempted to recreate the story of the sandcastle (apologies for sea-ish pics):

Spoiler:
I did my best to build a sandcastle, but as you can see, I am no Cueball - crenelations are difficult!

Spoiler:
The tide was already starting to come in when I finished.

Spoiler:
Pretty soon, the tide was at the sandcastle's door.

Spoiler:
In less than an hour, the tide had over taken the sandcastle.

Spoiler:
Still, the sandcastle stood.

Spoiler:
It would not last much longer.

Spoiler:
In came the final deluge.

Spoiler:
And the sandcastle was no more, its sands returned to the shore.

{P1336}
That looks like a disused quarry rather than a beach. Why isn't it golden brown?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:I dont know how you feel about this heretic site but it has some good ones.

Yikes. Found some RELATED ones:

Wait for it (clock made from clocks):
Spoiler:
... (The Sea is rising):
Spoiler:
RUN (at 25mph/40 kmph):
Spoiler:

lmjb1964 wrote:Oh, and I meant to post this link back when people were posting Magic Eyes and other weird optical illusions. It does have a strobe/epilectic warning. But it's really cool. http://neave.com/strobe/

What have you done to my brain.

lmjb1964 wrote:Um, I always start there because, I guess, that's the bookmark I saved. Then I have to hunt for where I was last. Didn't think it could be done more easily. :oops: (Well, I sort of did think it could, but never looked into it.) Is there some sort of magical way to get to the page you were on last? Do you just bookmark that page?

Also, if you are in the thread itself and you want to jump to the first post you haven't seen yet, you can look to the little page navigator in the upper right corner. Next to the usual "111111 posts, [1] [2] [3]" there will be a "First unread post" link that you can click. Click that and you will jump to the first post you haven't read yet.

Redundakitty:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1325

Postby azule » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:28 pm UTC

intheshax wrote:
Spoiler:
Greetings, OTT. I'm, going to nudge my post count closer to 5 so I can post an image by telling the story of how I experienced the the OTC and OTT, and how I shared them with my best lady.

On day one of the OTC, I checked in on xkcd around the middle of the day, as I do on MWF, and things were already afoot. It took a while to figure out what was going on. Explainxkcd was overwhelmed and not responding. Thank Randall I knew about the fora! How long has the link been gone now? How much crazier would the OTT have been if it were easier to find? Am I wrong or do you have to just know the fora are here because of the link that used to be there? Isn't this an inside group of something that's already an inside group? (Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered. Even though I was here all along, I was not able to keep up with the pace of the OTT. I tried not to skip whole pages, but often I could only scrape the skin off the top of the ketchup coz it had been out too long.)

Anyway, I can't remember how long it was, but once I knew something very special was happening, I shared what was going on with my best lady, the early speculations -- what would happen, what it meant, how long it would last -- and my wonder at what I perceived as a spellbinding answer to "What will he think of next?" after Click & Drag had happened.

Over time, as I watched the founding and fracturing of religions, the giving out of hats, the celebration of the first blitzer, for whom the quest is now named, the collection of the newpix, and the appearance of the viewing tools, I shared every milestone with her. The refrain I couldn't get away from was "HE KNEW!"

"HE KNEW!" I would exclaim, referring to the faith GLR had shown in his viewer base, in you all, from the very beginning. He knew someone would record and gather up the pix as they arrived and make them available for others to flip through. He had to have, for he supplied no way for us to go back in Time. Those of you who did that work, you are the manifestation of what GLR believed would happen, and you should be as chirping proud of yourselves as I am of you. And that's a seaish amount -- not just ourseaish, but otherseaish.

"HE KNEW!" I told my best lady when LaPetite showed up in the last frames of the Fading, when everything was so white that she was utterly indiscernible. He knew somewhere, people would be doing pixel-level analysis and frame-by-frame differentials, and they would find her. And to those of you who made that possible, I thank you. I thank you deeply for being the fulfillment of GLR's belief. Without you, I would not have been wondering and wondering what she was up to all the while that
Cueball and Megan (sorry, I can't write or say either of the Benniferizations)
Spoiler:
were off adventuring. That was the seed you planted of the wowterful elation I was to feel when she reappeared so triumphantly on the sandcastle boat.

"HE KNEW!" I told her again when the Long Night came, and the stars were out (most of them), and the community was hard at work. He knew someone would check the constellations and the planets and the arcs and the axes. I don't know if he anticipated the OTT as it came to be -- how could anyone have? -- or how quickly the community would figure out his puzzle, but he knew it would happen.

"HE KNOWS!" I told her, riffing on my own words in imitation of the OTT fashion, when the Beanish language appeared. "He knows they'll be analyzing every dot and line. He knows they'll be trying to decode it." And, of course, you were. *I* knew, in my turn, that the efforts would be rewarded. It was another gift from GLR to the community he knew would be there to receive it. There was no way it was going to be just a bunch of squiggles.

I showed her the visualizations of Rosetta's speech, and she was impressed. (She developed a strong opinion about her name, BTW, preferring Rosetta to Hairdo by a salt-sea-basin mile.) I showed her the map sequence and about how the OTT had figured out EXACTLY where they were, the actual building they were standing in, BEFORE the new coastline was even revealed. I showed her the pictures of the castle. Her eyes flashed with excitement when I told her the title text had changed.

When she called me at work a week ago, I answered the phone with "T*** e**ed." And she replied with "Aww! Well wait and tell me about it in person tonight. I want to hear all about it." And she really did. Hear about it, I mean. I told her it felt so sudden, like trying to climb the last step that isn't really there. We agreed that it was because we couldn't see it coming, because we didn't know how long it all was supposed to last. In a book we would have known we were nearing the last page. In a movie we would have heard the tender wrapping-things-up music (or just looked at the clock) and known the e** was near. I missed the top of the stairs because I was climbing blindfolded. I had no idea how high the staircase went, and I had been climbing so confidently for so long that I had entirely forgotten my initial caution and the inevitability that they would eventually run out.

In retrospect, it's a fine, fine e**ing -- a poignant moment between our two beloved main characters followed by a note both hopeful and thematic. But when it happened, right then when the Voldeframe appeared, I was completely, 100% expecting to "see what's through [t]here." And not seeing it made me sad. I'm not sad now, but rather grateful for the experience. To feel loss, I have to experience something treeish enough that I don't want to lose it. Loved and lost and whatnot, I guess, but I will not be sorry to have followed the OTC and the OTT. It's impossible.

My best lady didn't enjoy the OTC and the OTT as much as I did, but she sure did enjoy seeing me experience it all and report on it. I couldn't join in the thread. It would have killed me. I'm the sort who can't stop once I start some things. (Witness this post!) It was all I could do to pull away from here when I was only an observer. If I'd have joined, I'd have turned out like how we thought Beardo was going to look.

I hope earnestly that I have not rehashed too extensively or uninterestingly things that have been said already. I did spend a seaish amount of time following the OTT, but not nearly as much as it would have taken to follow it all. But I felt like one of you. I called my pups wolpies last night and my best lady grinned. I was late for a concert a week ago *looks at clock* RIGHT NOW, I was stuck in traffic, and I made a wrong turn *because I was raving to her about how awesome the OTT was*. I was muttering "Chirping chirp!" the whole way. (Please forgive me for using the past tense in reference to the OTT there, it was last Friday and that's how it seemed at the time. I'm not going to the basement!)

Let me say one more time thank you to this community for being what GLR knew you would be. For all the faith you showed in him, you deserve cubic kilocues of credit for justifying his faith in you. Whether you built the tools or maniped the pix or suppressed the flames or handed out cake or any of the other thousands of amazing things that have happened here, you are absochirpinglutely the ones he did it for. I truly believe that when GLR made the OTC and put it in motion, he knew he was doing it for *someone*, but he didn't know who. It turned out to be you.

And I feel Randamned lucky to have been even this, the tiniest part of "you."

Thanks for reading.

Tearfully,

-- intheshax

(ETC: At the insistence of my best lady that I quote her correctly, the words "in person" have been inserted above in the appropriate place.)

Wow, that (the whole unspoilered bit) was great. Made me a bit tearful, especially the part about your lady wanting to hear all about your sad molpy experience. (I just call myself a sad molpy whenever I feel wolpyish and sad.) Thank you for expressing yourself finally. I know how hard it is to not post and read. I can only image refraining myself from posting and contributing.

On the naming...I also have an aversion to the combo names. I hope I never did use them.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Oh, and I meant to post this link back when people were posting Magic Eyes and other weird optical illusions. It does have a strobe/epilectic warning. But it's really cool. http://neave.com/strobe/

What have you done to my brain.

Bwahahahaha..

And thanks for the helpful tips, BlitzGirl, HAL, and Angelastic! This will help me save precious minutes that can be used for ketchup. :)

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:31 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote: :shock: yapp, GET OUT OF MY HEAD! When I watched the Islander video, I saw they had a song about mermaids, and thought, I'll have to go back and listen to it. My bellydance troupe is called Las Sirenas, Spanish for "The Mermaids," and since we're a fusion-y troupe, I thought it might be something we could dance to. And it is, actually. So, thanks for the link. NOW GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Sorry! I was only in there for... doing important science. Anyway, yay! But here's an instrumental of theirs that's more typical belly dance type music! (Eclectic band is eclectic...)

HES

Re: Bacon time.

Postby HES » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
HES wrote:
gement wrote:Right now people seem to imagine they will be electing a single pope. Well, two at most. Hahahahahahahahah.

Whatever did happen to Helper?

{P1336}
There was a post which said "this is why Helper was banned from the forum" (I think it referred to a statement that as pope he was immune to moderators). However, I don't remember anyone commenting on this, so it could be something I imagined.

Interesting timing...

HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:
azule wrote:

I have a surprisingly easy way to do it. I make sure that the last browser window I close when I shut down the computer has the farthest point in the thread that I've read open in one of the tabs, and the next time I start the computer up, I go back into Chrome (my browser of choice), to the History tab (I've been following the OTC/OTT on a Macbook), and select "reopen last closed window." That brings up cached pages of whatever I was last viewing, and a page refresh or three brings me to the latest version of each page, while saving vertical position on the page.

*sigh* Blitzninjad
He/Him/His Image

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:35 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I dont know how you feel about this heretic site but it has some good ones.

Yikes. Found some RELATED ones:

Wait for it (clock made from clocks):
Spoiler:
... (The Sea is rising):
Spoiler:
RUN (at 25mph/40 kmph):
Spoiler:

Nice finds!

BlitzGirl

Re: Blind-Post NP1325

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Thanks! :)

azule wrote:On the naming...I also have an aversion to the combo names. I hope I never did use them.

You have never used "Megball," and have used "Cuegan" exactly once:

azule wrote:Maybe the other molpies are an emotional tie to the destruction of the flood (as we hadn't seen the Cuegan 38 it wouldn't matter too much with them).

Which is pretty impressive as I use it all the time. Cuegan Cuegan cuegan cuegan Cuegan cuegan (Is cuegan a verb?) Cuegan. Image

Trippy gif:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Which is pretty impressive as I use it all the time. Cuegan Cuegan cuegan cuegan Cuegan cuegan (Is cuegan a verb?) Cuegan. Image

Megball certainly is giggity

BlitzGirl

2500? 2500!

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:51 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Which is pretty impressive as I use it all the time. Cuegan Cuegan cuegan cuegan Cuegan cuegan (Is cuegan a verb?) Cuegan. Image

Megball certainly is giggity

Visualization of megballing (not safe, not safe for sanity at all):
Spoiler:
ETA:

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

acunning40

Postby acunning40 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

Spoiler:
209 ottif.png

intheshax

Postby intheshax » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:56 pm UTC

azule wrote:Image

intheshax wrote:(stuff by me)

Wow, that (the whole unspoilered bit) was great. Made me a bit tearful, especially the part about your lady wanting to hear all about your sad molpy experience. (I just call myself a sad molpy whenever I feel wolpyish and sad.) Thank you for expressing yourself finally. I know how hard it is to not post and read. I can only image refraining myself from posting and contributing.

On the naming...I also have an aversion to the combo names. I hope I never did use them.

Thanks for posting that, azule! I can't get enough positive reinforcement!

I think this is first time I've had a comment on a post of mine blindposted forward. It's neat to see that people are still back there reading what I wrote. This comic and needle-pulled thing sure do mess with the perception of time... AS GLR INTENDED!

HES

Postby HES » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

acunning40 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
209 ottif.png

heh, very steakish! :D

(are we past the point of needing to explain that this means "well done"?)
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

Treeish OTTercomic, acunning40! The future's pretty cool!

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

acunning40 wrote:Image

Spoiler:
209 ottif.png

Okay, I have new favorite. That is just beautiful. At the risk of heresy, I would say as perfect as the original.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

Loved that OTTercomic, acunning40! Wowterfully ottified, yet true to the spirit of the original!

Cakeage for BlitzGirl!
Spoiler:
ImageImage

HES

Postby HES » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:The future's pretty cool!

Boom de yada!

What, you mean we're not re-enacting our avatars? *puts lego away*

Anywho, time to molpy down
Spoiler:
Purely because I'm too tired to aim properly
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

I'm ketched up!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:33 pm UTC

In which I reply to Markov chains :P (warning: seaish)
Spoiler:
WOnder93 wrote:Oh, and it's been a while since I posted OTT Markov chains, so here you go:
After several days, months, so allow me: And I'm glad you approved of my internets ( if we should organize a fundraiser to buy it .
I think that's been tried already.
Unless they're definitely in the wrong way, has anyone thought about contributing I was talking about - she'd just filled with sand but this is my guess as to whether BlitzGirl signed up to my papacy for us to wait for it now.
Er, I don't think she did.
It's prediction because I am still not sure what would happen when we will have something to get things saved in another episode,
Maybe next season.
Very nice work Aubron ) image in a image editing software.
Well that's what's usually in image editing software :P (Also yay, closing parentheses)
Wondered where you mentioned it much harder than they anticipated so they probably won't see the sea has risen.
Would have been hundred of newpages ago, but they did notice so I think that turned out to be wrong.
I don't help but think that'll run into Blitzgirl as Pope Helper, she says " I AM A DOOMIST < SO I CAN'T END!
Me neither. And yes, yes she is :D
A given 13-year brood will only bring bad news , Trolleypup is solidly heretical , I nearly forgot to remove my name.

This sorta thing is just simple fun in a question.
It is? Yes it is!
Anyway just an idea of castles and siege weapons, can I ?
Certainly.
Pretty darn well-equipped for a story, rather than collaborating we should use our computer to tell you I have in the latest frame that I had checked and the river went into a Monty Python and the OTT furry and cute.
This is so true!
It's a reference that I know I need to find out that we write.
Well you'd better get working on that ASAP!
Another avenue of the dike, maybe there's the reason some people try to draw pictures of them?
Could be, I'd have to consider this further before I make a determination.
Boy am I getting it now :( :cry:.
Awwww.
I hope that my comment won't see it .
Sorry, but not much chance of that.
Can't have the nomic system as a result I must coma .
That explains a lot.
I'm actually pretty close to the primetime TV schedule does not dig for fallen hazelnuts.
So that's what's wrong with TV these days!
I've been following the thread to be lost .
So say we all!
But SBN posted nearly 100 pages back-to-back again.
SBN how could you do this?!
I thought of that amount each day!
I don't think we could keep up with 100 pages every day :P
Now, I'd stick around to witness wild sand-castle-sex now.
This is totally a reference to my recent Cuegan offspring OTThercomic. (Also, perv :P)
I might not be charming.
Certainly not (see above ;))
They decided to throw support behind mscha's certainly no universal standard that covers everyone's just not 100 % black.
Typical!
I can't think the river.
Really? That's troubling. I'll give you a hint: it starts with 's' and rhymes with 'mall'.
but guessing wildly is fun to say this, because it can curl up into the future?
Yes, definitely!
Forum search is NSFW ( sweary !
This is worrying. (also, ))
But I do find a second castle, He must really be surprised on how strange and wonderful -- mainly because it is somewhat seaish despite being somewhat simple in both math and morse code.
Yes, a thousand times this! Also, sigged.
higgs-boson wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Just thought I would bring a feature of the forums to light... it's possible to get the personal story of posts in the OTT for any given OTTer.
For example here is my story: search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sr=posts&t=101043&ch=-1&author=kieryn

What a... It's like OTT ego-surfing, and of course I did NOT do it!
I used to have to do this sort of thing to keep track of the tailtale of Niclep the molpy.
Whizbang wrote:You know the drill:
Spoiler:
Makes me think of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LjoeRCM7uc

Ahhh BlitzGirl you released infinite redundakitties!!

On keeping track of where I'm up to in the thread: the PC I use I generally just leave it on all the time so that's easy, and when I do occasionally restart it (stupid windows updates) it's easy to tell Chrome to reopen all my tabs. But I do sometimes read and post from my phone, and for that I have a bookmark which searches my posts so I just go to the latest one (or not the latest one if I've made some blindposts) since I generally post before a coma or Outside stuff.

Cuegan is a verb. :mrgreen: :wink:

ETA trippy gifs for pope (warning: trippy gifs are trippy)
Spoiler:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Cakeage for BlitzGirl!
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Yay, thanks! :mrgreen:

Gif for the decree:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:41 pm UTC

Opi and Helper are here! Yay!

Thank you BlitzGirl, Valarya, and lmjb1964 for making me feel better about my mini-presence.

Valarya wrote:
ggh wrote:Even my daughter stopped eating her book and looked as contemplative as an eleven-month-old can.

LOL... babies. Was it one of those hard-paged cardboard books? Sounds adorable.

Oh, I wish it were a board book - she does plenty of damage to those with her five sharp little teeth. This one, Duck's Stuck by Kyle Mewburn, I think I could only find in paperback at the time, and it's on its last legs already. I see a board book version now... must order immediately. I'd recommend getting it if you can find it, but it's not available on Amazon. I ordered from fishpond.co.nz, but I don't know what their international shipping charges are like.

So Latent22 and Kieryn are telling picture stories? - treeish!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Helper

Re: I'm ketched up!

Postby Helper » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:ETA trippy gifs for pope (warning: trippy gifs are trippy)
Spoiler:

:shock: Colorful seizures are colorful.

Eternal Density

Re: I'm ketched up!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:ETA trippy gifs for pope (warning: trippy gifs are trippy)
Spoiler:

:shock: Colorful seizures are colorful.

Yes!
Also I forgot to say "Hi Helper!" earlier. You've sparked a lot of conversation which was fun to read while I ketchuped :D So, Hi Helper!

Warning: seaish trippygif, extra trippy because not much of it is actually animated.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Eternal Density on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:36 am UTC

Self OTTification:

Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:41 am UTC

Image Great one, StormAngel!

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:44 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:Self OTTification:
How.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”