1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flado » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:31 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:@taixzo: Yes, surely you must be a member of the Western Paradox Church? Or absolutely not? :D

Said church has not claimed me, so I feel I would be lacking in my duty if I did not reject their non-admission of me.

Well then. Welcome.

ETA: What? Retired Pope! Yay!
ETA2: Wanna decree? OK, here's one: send me a PM.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
waveney wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote: Heresy no longer looks like a real word.

To say "heresy" doesn't look real is itself heresy. This heresy is beyond all other heresy; heresy as we know heresy is not like this "heresy" heresy at all. Even contrasting "heresy" heresy to normal heresy is practically heresy, and comparing heresy to heresy shows "heresy" heresy is the deeper heresy.

Heresy.

HeresyHeresyHeresy

Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...

That's just hearsay

ETA watching the cruise ship being hauled upright yesterday at a millimetre an hour reminded me of a slide show I used to watch in my youth, called Time.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
ucim wrote: The donuts were delicious! But alas, there was no pun in the words I typed up - they are in an ancient language which is almost completely lost to time - the only fragment that remains are two words: "cruyt" and "rousses". A great deal of scholarly research has been done into these two words. "cruyt" is most likely a verb, meaning to capture prey. As best we can figure out, "rousses" are open-ended containers made of cloth, paper, or other non-rigid materials. So, as you can see, there's not a pun in sight. :)
...Wait a second! This was a bag pun!
BlitzGirl wrote:Good. I am glad the scrumptious donut was justified. Thanks for the burning, too, yappo. YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL.
See, you do like to bag bags! (Can I have another donut? I'll go sit in the comfy chair!)

cellocgw wrote:
ucim wrote:While BlitzGirl is searching for a play on words, I'm going to discretely put some distance between myself and the punsaw! :)
A discrete distance would be good, albeit quite possibly so small as not to do much good. Now, getting there discreetly would be an excellent idea.
Ahh, that explains why I became such a cut-up this time.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Valarya

Re: Time-capsule from mrob27, deposited on Newpage 358

Postby Valarya » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:44 pm UTC

MOLPY UP!

mrob27 wrote:
Time-capsule from mrob27, deposited on Newpage 358
Do not open until Newpage 1476

Brilliant! I especially loved your timewarp punsaw.

In regards to Pope-posts not being at the top of your current Newpages:
a. This needle-pulled thing was much more active in the before-time. New posters were being approved in the Past long after the OTT had moved on due to the admins being unable to keep up (not to be confused with a form of ketchup). Here in the present, there are so few newbies posting that a 1st post gets approved by an admin almost immediately. The point of stating all this is to say you probably don't have to refresh all those old pages b/c they're "set in stone" at this point. Barring retro-edits, of course. ;)

Oh look, that was the fastest kvetchupping and I have nothing else to say because all the chirping around here has been about castle builders and I don't play it! (Sorry, ED. xoxo)

PM sent to page pope.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:00 pm UTC

I wonder if the Bing Bot and Google Feedfetcher ever get into fights.
Edit: Oh man google bot is here for backup! And whose side is Exabot on?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

ergman wrote:I wonder if the Bing Bot and Google Feedfetcher ever get into fights.

More importantly - whose side is newpixbot on? :)

#newslide

ETA:

For ergman (next post):
Spoiler:

For Exodies (just missed):
Spoiler:

For Flado(In 3):
Spoiler:

Oh... and azule...
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kieryn on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:28 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Time-capsule from mrob27, deposited on Newpage 358

Postby SBN » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:11 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:In regards to Pope-posts not being at the top of your current Newpages:
a. This needle-pulled thing was much more active in the before-time. New posters were being approved in the Past long after the OTT had moved on due to the admins being unable to keep up (not to be confused with a form of ketchup). Here in the present, there are so few newbies posting that a 1st post gets approved by an admin almost immediately. The point of stating all this is to say you probably don't have to refresh all those old pages b/c they're "set in stone" at this point. Barring retro-edits, of course. ;)

Also, mrob27, usually the pope-posts are pushed down the page by first-posts, not goated by deletions. (You may not have encountered goating yet, just wait for it.)
Valarya wrote:Oh look, that was the fastest kvetchupping and I have nothing else to say because all the chirping around here has been about castle builders and I don't play it! (Sorry, ED. xoxo)

PM sent to page pope.

Not sure why, but here's one:
Spoiler:

And Outside has attacked me todip, so Molpy hiding
Spoiler:
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:54 pm UTC

Showing up to report on my sandcastling.
Spoiler:
I cheated by using the chrome developer tools to change my last seen newpix forward so I could get time travel. (I've also been using the developer tools for reading the sources and figuring out what I need to do to acquire certain achievements, but this is the only modification that I've made; well, this and setting the time travel power to 1 after I got it)

Next I travelled around enough to get the flux capacitor, and then I started using it to get cheap NPBs (54 castles per time travel * 1:4 chance of getting "free" extra NPB travel companion), and got myself up to 72 NPBs and have been working on making castles sufficient to unlock and buy the other NPB boosts.

Then it hit me: I can sell one NPB (cost about 200 castles in time travel) for 300 TC (terra-castles)!
So I do that, get a whole slew of badges for having a massive number of castles, finish purchasing my 12 of each tool, and really I can go on to get all of the other have-x-amount-of-y badges, but what's the point, I already have more sandcastles than I could possibly spend (except for buying more NPBs, which I would do indirectly via time travel and then sell them for even more insane amounts)
Judgement dip, Pltthh!
np: 272 (give or take ;))
Ninja stealth: 11
Redundakitties: 25 (I'm at work, so I'm not monitoring for [redacted])
75 NPB, 2 PC, and 20 of each tool, 160 MSpNP (not that it would put much of a dent in my castles to have 100 of each sand tool)

I think I won. 8-) (I just haven't gotten enough [redacted] to get any of the department bonuses)
(except I lost because I cheated to get time travel)

I should probably just start over before updating

yappobiscuits

Puy Plom

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:28 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:Oh dear. I avoided the evil cookies, and the good castles, and the crosswords, but now...

One of my hobbies is to filk Swedish song texts. Usually ancient folk songs that most Swedes haven't heard about, so my target audience is a bit small.

So, now I feel an irresistible urge to polish up the Swedish text of Vitssågen, Ja! (Wait for it...)
Spoiler:
For your amusement: Änd is not a word. "End" could be Ända or Ände, depending on region, but Ända usually refers to the end of ones back.

So, while it is comforting that no eyes can see my buttocks, I suspect that's not what you wanted to say.

Hm. TAM ta TAM ta TAM ta TAM. I have to listen to the clip. I shall return. Later.

Probably much later.
Why must Swedish words have so many syllables?

By the way, our favourite lightning lass would be Blixtflickan, so that it is the definite(?) form of the word. It would be hard to sing all the consonants in the middle, though. But since you managed to sing Every Newframe's Awefulsome, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Sigvitssågen sounds very much like it should be a rural place name in north Sweden.

I have to eat breakfast and go to work. And not count syllables at all. (TAM ta TAM ta TAM ta TAM...)

Well, that particular line is unchanged from the original song. Blame Finntroll! (I dunno, perhaps their grasp of Swedish isn't 100% perfect since they are in fact Finnish as their name suggests, but sing in Swedish since it "sounds more Trollish")
rvloon wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote: 1000 posts song: very nice.

Totally in the tradition of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePaHG6g7uFw

Thanks for that, yeah it's in a similar spirit :mrgreen: Although I'd never heard of that. It was really inspired by Tobias Sammet's Avantasia, particularly this song. (Musically, not lyrically of course :P)
BlixtFlickan wrote:Sandcastle Builder just called me a silly molpy. :mrgreen:

Hehe! It hasn't called me that yet... I want it to now... Although, I sort of gave up on Castle Builder yesterday. On the ong, more castles were being destroyed than were being built. And there's just generally a whole lot I don't fully understand about the game, I was just kinda playing it by ear and I don't really get how a lot of it works... (sorry, ED.)
BlixtFlickan wrote:*sponsored by the molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine initiative for getting molpy in the dictionary*

I highly approve of this initiative! ImageImageImage
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
waveney wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

To say "heresy" doesn't look real is itself heresy. This heresy is beyond all other heresy; heresy as we know heresy is not like this "heresy" heresy at all. Even contrasting "heresy" heresy to normal heresy is practically heresy, and comparing heresy to heresy shows "heresy" heresy is the deeper heresy.

Heresy.

HeresyHeresyHeresy

Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...

That's just hearsay

So if you incorrectly report on someone comparing "heresy" heresy to normal heresy then you are committing "heresy" heresy hearsay? Which if you believe in it so much that you are willing to rebel against the establishment then you will be charged with "heresy" heresy hearsay heresy!

Hearsay: Heresy: Hearsay: Heresy: Hearsay: Hershey: Heresy: ...

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:34 pm UTC

Apparently Randall never exposed his snake. I petition that GLR show us his snake. Who's with me? Who wants to see Randall's snake?

;) lol

P.S. Maybe Philip Thomas can summon Randall's snake. Who was next available for summoning duties, Philip?

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:49 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:Gah, I do so hate being a non-ketchuping lurker, but I am still here, randdamnit, so post I shall.

What's this nonsense about Aluisio, and a last post?

Yes, please post. Post-haste! We're keeping an eye on Aluisio...

yappobiscuits wrote:I do hope "VITSSÅGEN, JA!" isn't going to become a thread meme! It was due to m*stard, it should only be "VITSSÅGEN!":
yappobiscuits wrote:Only thing I'd change now is the chorus. I added the "ja"s so that it'd fit the rhythm, but since you've added the extra syllable with "Vitssågen", the "ja"s are no longer necessary. Makes it truer to the "Trollhammaren!" original too! (Even though that is four syllables, it's done over three like "Trollham'ren!").

Yeah, because none of our memes have ever been due to mustard before. :D And the Ja! is just so catchy!

ZoomanSP wrote:=== Blindpost from the top of NP1474 ===

Dear fellow OTTers,
I'll be away for a while, since I'll be moving tomorrow. In my new apartment, I won't have internet access at the beginning; in fact, I don't know how long it will take until I am reconnected again. Just wanted to let you know that I'll think of all y'all while I'm away, and I hope that there will be some nice amount of ketchup when I'm back. Keep on ottifying, caking, and waiting. Hope to see all y'all soon!
In the meantime, have a really treeish cake, which may provide a hint of where I'm moving:
Spoiler:

The North Pole?
Good luck with the move, we'll miss you!

ucim wrote:Preemptive tori, huh?

Is that when you put on a Tori Amos CD before someone asks you to?

rvloon wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote: 1000 posts song: very nice.

Totally in the tradition of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePaHG6g7uFw

And yes, I'm about 30+ pages behind.

Ronald

Nice to see you in the present, however briefly. :) I love the Rutles.

taixzo wrote:So, when GLR draws this:

Spoiler:

Is that a What-if-ication?

:D

ergman wrote:I wonder if the Bing Bot and Google Feedfetcher ever get into fights.

Battle of the Bots! Where does Newpixbot fit in there, I wonder? Oh, I see Kieryn ninja'd me. Well, I'm leaving it in anyway. :P

airdrik wrote:Showing up to report on my sandcastling.
Spoiler:
I cheated by using the chrome developer tools to change my last seen newpix forward so I could get time travel. (I've also been using the developer tools for reading the sources and figuring out what I need to do to acquire certain achievements, but this is the only modification that I've made; well, this and setting the time travel power to 1 after I got it)

Next I travelled around enough to get the flux capacitor, and then I started using it to get cheap NPBs (54 castles per time travel * 1:4 chance of getting "free" extra NPB travel companion), and got myself up to 72 NPBs and have been working on making castles sufficient to unlock and buy the other NPB boosts.

Then it hit me: I can sell one NPB (cost about 200 castles in time travel) for 300 TC (terra-castles)!
So I do that, get a whole slew of badges for having a massive number of castles, finish purchasing my 12 of each tool, and really I can go on to get all of the other have-x-amount-of-y badges, but what's the point, I already have more sandcastles than I could possibly spend (except for buying more NPBs, which I would do indirectly via time travel and then sell them for even more insane amounts)
Judgement dip, Pltthh!
np: 272 (give or take ;))
Ninja stealth: 11
Redundakitties: 25 (I'm at work, so I'm not monitoring for [redacted])
75 NPB, 2 PC, and 20 of each tool, 160 MSpNP (not that it would put much of a dent in my castles to have 100 of each sand tool)

I think I won. 8-) (I just haven't gotten enough [redacted] to get any of the department bonuses)
(except I lost because I cheated to get time travel)

I should probably just start over before updating

I kind of read this as blah blah blah Castles blah blah blah NPB blah blah blah. :) Like yappo, y'all keep talking about all this complicated strategy, and it goes over my head. But I see to be getting more castles than I lose, and I love the names of the boosts and badges and everything, and of course watching Time again. So, as I've said before, I'm not really playing well, but I'm having fun. Kinda like when I go bowling.

azule wrote:Apparently Randall never exposed his snake. I petition that GLR show us his snake. Who's with me? Who wants to see Randall's snake?

Hm. I think I'm ok, thanks. :?

Edit to spoiler big image and say I've PMed the pope per papal perogative, promptly.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 pm UTC

@yappo: BlixtFlickan, ja! :D
@azule: Some things are better left unseen in the pants.

ucim wrote:<snip> Ahh, that explains why I became such a cut-up this time.

You are a glutton for punishment, Jose. You want a scrumptious donut?
[img http://goo.gl/aQiUL9 [/img]

airdrik wrote:
Exodies wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:
waveney wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Heresy.

HeresyHeresyHeresy

Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...
Heresy...

That's just hearsay

So if you incorrectly report on someone comparing "heresy" heresy to normal heresy then you are committing "heresy" heresy hearsay? Which if you believe in it so much that you are willing to rebel against the establishment then you will be charged with "heresy" heresy hearsay heresy!

Hearsay: Heresy: Hearsay: Heresy: Hearsay: Hershey: Heresy: ...

Hershey?! Heresy! Here, "heresy" heresy hearsay heresy is nothing compared to Hershey heresy. To say "Hershey" versus "hearsay" or "heresy" is Hershey heresy, and to claim Hershey heresy via hearsay is worse still. Hearsay Hershey heresy and "heresy" heresy hearsay heresy are so severe they require hearses - hear the hearsay; see the heresy; taste the Hershey; find a heresy hearse to take those hearsay-heresy and "heresy" heresy and hearsay Hershey heresy heretics far from here.

For pope:
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

:( But I want to see all things in all the pants in all the world. :(

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

Looks like I forgot to save some of the quotes I wanted to reply to. Like this one:

mrob27 wrote:<tons of awesomefulness>

(For seaishness)
Spoiler:
manvandmaan wrote:To hurry along BlitzGirl, we could ask the mods to start deleting posts. If they start at post #1 and go upwarths, it should create a sort of "caving in" effect behind BlitzGirl (like in the movies!)that should spur her on to go faster!

If it works and also she makes it, her arrival into the present shall be even more epic!

If she doesn't make it, we might have a Gandalfesque moment where BlitzGirl's last post is: "Wait For It, you fools", after which she disappears into a dark abyss, only to return later on in the Thread, shinier, title-ier and also more powerfull then ever!

Foolproof and also Win/Win.

AFTER making a back-up offcourse!
A word I thought I'd never be able to use.

And, from @chem1190c, we got this long, Burma-Shave-spoilered-style, epic, regrettably loopist but disturbingly arousing, summer blockbuster. Click the link for the original experience, or enjoy this somewhat enhanced and sanitized version:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The sea IS large

Spoiler:
The rivers ARE many

Spoiler:
The army of invading Red Spiders and their Velociraptor overlords HAVE arrived

Spoiler:
Prepare the trebuchets!

Spoiler:
Move them into defensive positions.

Spoiler:
It's no good

Spoiler:
They've breeched the perimeter!

Spoiler:
All is not lost

Spoiler:
Go to plan B

Spoiler:
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Spoiler:
Quickly, we must make our move while they're locked in mortal combat with the Sheeple

Spoiler:
Hopefully they didn't catch onto the fact that we were building a Large Hadron Collider BEHIND all these sandcastles.

Spoiler:
Prepare the RED MATTER.

Spoiler:
We need to be very careful, even a drop of RED MATTER will make a giant blackhole that will implode an entire planet!

Spoiler:
This seems suspiciously like the plot of a certain 2009 summer blockbuster

Spoiler:
Don't be silly.

Spoiler:
The Harry Potter movie didn't have nearly this many trebuchets.

Spoiler:
Unless you're referring to The Hangover, in which case I kind of see your point.

Spoiler:
We're only going to get one shot at this.

Spoiler:
Aim for the reds of their red spider legs.

Spoiler:
<<FWOOOOOOOOOOOP>>

Spoiler:
At last, the Red Spiders have been returned to the parallel universe from which they came.

Spoiler:
What about the Sheeple?

Spoiler:
They can never truly be destroyed.

Spoiler:
They are however trapped in the void FOREVER.

Spoiler:
Oh Dear Randall! It looks like the blackhole degraded the foundation of sandcastle!

Spoiler:
We're doomed!

Spoiler:
This looks like T** E**

Spoiler:
T** E** of Time itself

Spoiler:
>TARDIS MATERIALIZES<

Spoiler:
At last! We're saved.. just in Time!

Spoiler:
Hey, wait a minute.. Blitzgirl?! How'd you learn to fly the Tardis?

Spoiler:
Care for a Jellybaby?

Spoiler:
No thanks. I read on the internet that artificial sweetener causes brain cancer. You may as well call those things cancerbabbys!

Spoiler:
That's pretty catchy actually. But they should totally have bacon in them.

Spoiler:
>TARDIS DEMATERIALIZES<

Spoiler:
<< Sandcastles crumble into the sea dramatically >>

Spoiler:
<< And then explode for no reason >>

Spoiler:
<< Nobody told me this webcomic was being directed by Michael Bay >>

Spoiler:
>TARDIS MATERIALIZES ON AN EMPTY SANDY BEACH<

Spoiler:
And stay out!!

Spoiler:
> Meagan and Cueball tumble out of Tardis <

Spoiler:
>DEMATERIALIZES RAPIDLY LEAVING THEM STRANDED ON THE BEACH<

Spoiler:
What now?

Spoiler:
Wait.

Spoiler:
For what?

Spoiler:
It.

Spoiler:
> Meagan and Cueball sit down on the beach <

I just love these blasts from the past. I miss manvandeman. What happened to xim? And I think I missed chem1190's epic tale the first time around. Hm, chem1190 hasn't been around either. Well, anyway, thanks for another great Time Capsule, mrob. So sorry to hear you're dealing with cancer, again. Shit. I wish you all the best and lots of healing thoughts.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:39 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You are a glutton for punishment, Jose. You want a scrumptious donut?
[img http://goo.gl/aQiUL9 [/img]

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Jose
(Size no longer looks like a word.)
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Re: 1190: "Time: The Next Generation"

Postby bmonk » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

I have reached Beacon Alpha.

Per 1000th Page Pope:
Don't recall what I was doing the week the OTC began, but I noted from the (already extensive) OTT when I arrived, after several hours, as is my wont, that it was changing. Slowly. And that we should Wait For IT. So I continued to dabble for some time. And still do.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

:roll: Great, cancer trumps pants snakes. Don't I feel silly.

*runs away*

Eternal Density

Molpy Uh

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:43 pm UTC

Well the new PM is supposed to be sworn in todip. I think. I'm still half coma.
What's all this about a sandcastle game? Sounds complicated.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Philip Thomas

Postby Philip Thomas » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

azule wrote:Apparently Randall never exposed his snake. I petition that GLR show us his snake. Who's with me? Who wants to see Randall's snake?

;) lol

P.S. Maybe Philip Thomas can summon Randall's snake. Who was next available for summoning duties, Philip?

Apparently you, since you just summoned me...I doubt my powers work on animals though. Actually, the last person I summoned was Blitzgirl- although that was Outside so probably heretical even to mention.
"There is nothing illegal about being Evil. Some of our best lawyers are Evil" Nicetas, Imperial Commentaries

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

well, things have taken a naughty turn.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 pm UTC

ergman wrote:well, things have taken a naughty turn in my pants.

FTFY. It's Newpage 857 all over again! :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:58 pm UTC

azule wrote::roll: Great, cancer trumps pants snakes. Don't I feel silly.

*runs away*

No, don't feel silly! It's the pants snakes of the world that make it important to beat cancer! Wait, that doesn't sound right. What I mean is: this thread is awesomeful in part because it's so silly. So, when you post something silly, it increases the awesomefulness and makes me that much happier that I'm still here.

In my pants.

edited to say that I posted this before I saw BlitzGIrl's post. Great minds and all that...

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:10 pm UTC

rONG:

We must have had a mind-meld in my pants, lmjb1964! :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

Chirpin' dammit BlitzGirl, don't bring that up again!
In my pants.

In that rONG it looks like Cueball just made a dirty joke and Megan is not impressed.
C: ...in my PANTS! Eh? Eh? ;)
M: *sigh*

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:21 pm UTC

This is actually what made me remember that newpix in my pants:

BlitzGirl, Newpage 793 wrote:*sigh* No kiss, then. But the shining crotch of Cueball makes up for it... :wink:

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:22 pm UTC

You could spend a thousand lifetimes staring at water and sand, and you'd never guess the world had things like this in my pants.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

It's a little prickly in my pants.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

It's a pretty big tree. It probably knows what it's doing in my pants.

When I stare down at mine for long enough while I walk, it starts to look really weird in my pants.

Are you hearing quiet chirps in my pants?
Last edited by Whizbang on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:33 pm UTC

Mustard, edit ninja'd by Whizbang! I like that one. :) (re: stare down)

It's still rising in my pants.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

Sorry, BlitzGirl. My bad. I didn't want to pummel the OTT with posts. This thing is already too big in my pants.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:40 pm UTC

The river has been going up, too. But not as fast as the land in my pants.

It's definitely colder up here in my pants.

I figured out some of the maps. If the sea is here, we're already cut off. There's nowhere left to run to. We're going to have to ride it out in my pants.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

Here's another way to have fun in my pants:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Redundant in my pants:
Spoiler:

InMyPantsThousandLifetimes.png

InMyPantsPrickly.png
InMyPantsPrickly.png (8.32 KiB) Viewed 13186 times

Keywords: inmypants, pants, BGUM, redundakitty
redundantinpants1.png
redundantinpants1.png (116.82 KiB) Viewed 13186 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:44 pm UTC

Something big

What, were you expecting something exciting, interesting, impressive, awesomeful, wingish, treeish, wowterful, intriguing, remarkable, or otherwise fascinating? I promised no such thing. Though I need to check my timetable. It could be soon.

Also, the juxtaposition of this joke with the current...uh...discussion...is a bit humorous.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:You could spend a thousand lifetimes staring at water and sand, and you'd never guess the world had things like this in my pants.

It's so touching in my pants.

LMAO @ all of you xuys!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

Indeed, ChronosDragon. You might not have typed it, but I definitely hear it in my pants. :D
More:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Redundant in my pants:
Spoiler:

InMyPantsBigTree.png

InMyPantsStareDown.png
InMyPantsStareDown.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 13172 times

Keywords: BGUM in my pants inmypants stare down big tree
redundantinmypants2.png
redundantinmypants2.png (55.46 KiB) Viewed 13172 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

svenman wrote:Learner of Swedish here.
<snip, snip>
How treeish, an entire song ottification in Swedish even!

Yappo, I hope you don't mind if I try to nudge it a little closer to grammatical correctness (at least according to my limited grasp of Swedish)? And I'm open to any further suggestions/corrections by native speakers *looks hard in the direction of mikrit*

Yes, I can't resist. But the text was problematic, so I have a rewritten it quite a lot. Hope you don't mind, Yappo and svenman. I give some reasons in the final paragraph.

Vitssågen III, ja.
Inspired by versions by yappobiscuits and svenman
Possibly no longer to the tune of "Trollhammaren" by Finntroll

Spoiler:
Blixtens Flicka rider snabbt i
denna enda sanna tråd.
Motorsågen bär hon stadigt.
Vitsare får ingen nåd!

VITSSÅGEN!
VITSSÅGEN!

Inga vitsar kan hon tåla.
Gycklare, ditt liv är slut!
Motorsågen börjar vråla.
Ingen hör ditt sista tjut.

VITSSÅGEN!

Mullpisarnas krigarskara
ger dig blott ett hånfullt flin.
Redundanta svarta katter
tittar på med sorgsen min.

VITSSÅGEN!
VITSSÅGEN!

Blixtens Flicka rider dädan,
fortsätter sin långa blitz.
Men ur gycklarblod och mylla
växer kanske upp en vits.

VITSSÅGEN!
VITSSÅGEN!
VITSSÅGEN!

And in English:
Spoiler:
The Girl of the Lightning rides fast in
this one true thread.
The chainsaw she carries steadily.
Punners get no mercy!

THE PUNSAW!
THE PUNSAW!

No puns she can endure.
Jester, your life is over!
The chainsaw starts roaring.
Noone hears your last scream.

THE PUNSAW!

The warrior horde of molpies
give you just a scornful grin.
Redundant black cats
watch with sad faces.

THE PUNSAW!
THE PUNSAW!

The Girl of the Lightning rides away from there,
continuing her long blitz.
But from jester's blood and earth
will perhaps a pun grow.

THE PUNSAW!
THE PUNSAW!
THE PUNSAW!

Notes on Swedish words I used:
Spoiler:
"Blixtflickan" (The Lightning Girl) didn't fit the rhythm, so I made it "Blixtens Flicka" (The Girl of the Lightning, or The Lightning's Girl) instead. It sounds less like a superhero, but perhaps more like a fantasy hero.

Mole is "mullvad", and a short form of procompsognathus(?) would possibly be "compis", so I translate molpy to "mullpis". And "Mullpisarnas" = "of the molpies".

"Dädan" is "away from there", but it is an old and forgotten word, except in some dialects. I like it, though.

The creative process, or why I changed so much:
Spoiler:
*Listens to Finntroll clip*
Oh, this must be the metallic music that the youngsters talk about. That's very, what's the word, ... yes, atypical (thank you, HES).
And they sing in Swedish, I hadn't realized that.
But I can't really hear the text.
No problem, Google can find the lyrics.
Hm, Google found several slightly different versions of the lyrics.
And all versions are mustarded.
So Yappo based his Swedish text on a Swedish original that was already mustarded.
And I can't figure out the meter from the lyrics.
In fact, I can't even hear how the meter ought to be.
Well, ch*rp ("kv*tter"), I must guess a meter, and re-ottify Yappo's and svenman's ottifications.

Anyway, that was a strange and scary text. Perhaps it is just as well that the only people who can understand it are experienced OTTers who know some Swedish. Let's see, that's me and svenman and smolloy. Are there any Danes or Norwegians here? But maybe the Dutch will understand, too. All Dutchmen I have met could understand Swedish remarkably well.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

That was awesomeful, mikrit! VITSSÅGEN IN MY PANTS, JA!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Redundant in my pants:
Spoiler:

InMyPantsQuietChirps.png
InMyPantsQuietChirps.png (9.67 KiB) Viewed 13152 times

InMyPantsFastAsLand.png
InMyPantsFastAsLand.png (10.63 KiB) Viewed 13152 times

Keywords: BGUM in my pants inmypants quiet chirps fast as land
redundantinmypants3.png
redundantinmypants3.png (52.16 KiB) Viewed 13152 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:What's all this about a sandcastle game? Sounds complicated.

Yeah, apparently, as seen by this OTTerothercomic:
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Chirpin' dammit BlitzGirl, don't bring that up again!
In my pants.

In that rONG it looks like Cueball just made a dirty joke and Megan is not impressed.
C: ...in my PANTS! Eh? Eh? ;)
M: *sigh*

:D

I don't know what the sea is doing in my pants.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
in my pants
ninjaFS.jpg

kittenpants.jpeg
kittenpants.jpeg (7.08 KiB) Viewed 13150 times

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Exodies

Re: If Blitzgirl didn't notice, it didn't happen..

Postby Exodies » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Recently I've been looking for a new job in publishing (physical media or digital), and online presence is one of the things potential employers are checking.

Tee hee. Good luck to them checking the Tread.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”