1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:58 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I think I had a bit of an advantage. :wink:

It's my desktop background 2/3 of the Time, so I should really know it better. I get distracted by those eyes...

(Did we decide what Lucky's gender was?)

Chirp it, Centipope. Interestingly (using the term loosely), I was also the pope half the thread ago. Time to adorn my papal hat hat, courtesy of kenmelken all those newpix ago:

What were YOU doing half of Time ago?
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

about:meta

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 am UTC

I knew my Windows and the Chrome installed on it were slow post-startup (and post-crash), but this slowness has just reached a whole new level. I almost threw the notebook through the window.
On other news, eBay has just responded my messages. They want to verify my identity. A bit late for that, I think.
Also, went to a music show today. Amazing. Was going to ask something inspired in one of the songs.

Half of TIME ago? I don't even remember what I was doing last week!
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 am UTC

Congrats on being duplipope, Image!

Interestingly enough, 800 newpages ago I had mentioned Angelastic and her love of JoCo music. She's been over on Facebook lately and has a lot of ketchup waiting on the OTT.
I also wrote this in response to an Outsider who stumbled into the OTT:
BlitzGirl, Newpage 800 wrote:Because we all were young, and we will all be old. But this does not surprise those of us who pay close attention to Time; we have grown used to having friends from both Past and Present (and perhaps the Future) who join us in our journey along this needle-pulled thing. A newfound blitzer just stumbling into our Thread is as welcome as one of our Old Ones who has been with us since the beginning of Time. We take care of our own, give each other Present Presents, and feed everyone cake. A cult? Perhaps, though I would check back to the early newpages if you really want to see some culty action. At this point in Time we're more like an extended viewing party at the top of the OtherComics forum, here for fun, good conversation, and to see what happens in the next frame of Time.

We don't have newpix anymore, but we still have fun and molpish conversations! :)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:24 am UTC

speising wrote:restONG

edit: yes! a first for me!

From NP800
He/Him/His Image

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:26 am UTC

Happy post 4040 BlitzGirl you may not be Mome but at your post count is celebrating newpage 1600 (402).
Last edited by adnapemit on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:29 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:28 am UTC

Hah, that's treeish! :mrgreen: (Though now I've gone and ruined it by posting this.)

On Lucky's gender: I've always liked the idea of Lucky being female...let me hunt down some old quotes... Image

mscha, Newpage 903 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Hey, I found out you can actually read part of Lucky's book on Google Books. Spoiler alert: Lucky is female.

I hacked into Google to find the rest of the story. Here it is:
Spoiler:
Lucky the Leopard

Lucky the leopard is alone in the world. She doesn't have a mother, a father, or any sisters or brothers. Lucky is also very clumsy. Everything she does ends with a CRASH! BANG! BOOM! But she always lands on her feet, that's why her name is Lucky!

One day, Lucky decides to find a family. Will she have any luck?
Lucky is taking a walk on her favorite hill when she sees a boy and a girl. They look friendly! Maybe they can be her family? But she is a little bit shy, so she follows them at a distance.
After a while, the boy and girl finally arrive at the top of the hill. (That took them quite a long time! They are not such good climbers as Lucky is – at least on a good day when she's not so clumsy.) There's a hut there! The boy and girl take a look around the hut, and then start to play. They are making a sandcastle. Lucky really likes sandcastles!

Finally, Lucky finds the courage to go and meet the boy and girl. She runs towards them, and gives the boy a big hug!
But what happens now?? The girl is not so nice after all! She picks up a stick, and starts to hit Lucky! That is not nice! It really hurts!
Lucky quickly runs off, and starts licking her wounds.
Today is not the day that Lucky finds a new family. But tomorrow, there is a new day! Will she try again?

BlitzGirl, Newpage 905 wrote:Lucky seems to be full-grown already.
I'd rather see her come back with:

"These are called stick-people because they thwap you with sticks."
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:29 am UTC

Oh, I had forgotten: thanks Kieryn for reminding me of looking at the moon. My room pretty much never has view to it, and I rarely stay out at night, so I almost never see it.
IMG_20131109_205623.jpg
I like the noise from the lamp post.
Selecting new quote…

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:30 am UTC

SLONGULAR...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:31 am UTC

I was musing about the Ace of Pentacles. Whatever happened to the molpy Tarot deck? I had also noticed that "unusual" has an unusual number of "u"s. It was at this time that CasCat and taixzo broke all Blitz speed records, ultimately becoming BlitzGirl the Fasts.

Such heady Times!

And now twice I've been jumped by new posts while posting! Heady Times are not over!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:33 am UTC

mscha wrote:SLONGULAR...
Spoiler:

Octomolpy?

Ooh, baobabish photo, Aluisio. I like the light-effect too. And is that a tree in the lower right? It adds a great texture to the pic.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:39 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:On Lucky's gender: I've always liked the idea of Lucky being female...let me hunt down some old quotes... Image

I had in my head that she was female, but I have a lot of incorrect things in there too.

Molpy Down: Sudden Onset Coma, Kip.
Spoiler:
SOCK!
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Re: such time, very wait

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:43 am UTC

mscha wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

⁴! That calls for a wipend jigsaw.

Hehe, a Dogesaw! 56:44... as HES said, the words make the start easy, but the darkness makes the rest hard.
mscha wrote:And an awefulsomolpish ottification of a Jonathan Coulton song... That brings back memories of mips past. Which makes me wonder, whatever happened to Angelastic? We haven't seen her here for almost two mips.

Hmm yeah, wonder if she's in the basement... I'd have never heard of Jonathan Coulton were it not for people (mainly Angelastic) mentioning him in the thread. Well, apart from "Still Alive", but I never knew who did it :P. I guess he's super popular in the geek community but even though I'm definitely a geek of some sort I'm much more familiar with the metal community. Anyway the point is he's rather good so I'm glad this thread introduced him to me :D.
BlitzGirl wrote:*molpies up sluggishly (but not brainsluggishly)*

*commence ketchupping in 3...2...1...*

Hungover at all? :P *gets you some rejuvenating semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice*
HES wrote:(Did we decide what Lucky's gender was?)

Huh, I don't think we did. I always think of Lucky as female, though. Dunno why. I see I'm not the only one...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:58 am UTC

Coming to think of it, we don't actually know any genders, names, species, or hat colours for certain. But why would that stop us?

Steambottle. I've just turned my music off to molpy down, and discovered there's a party going on downstairs THAT I WASN'T EVEN CHIRPING INVITED TO. In my own house. :evil:
Cueball wrote:Mrrr gblghx
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:05 am UTC

Poor HES. I hate trying to coma when somemolpy else is having a party.
(In your own house makes it much worse!!)

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:*molpies up sluggishly (but not brainsluggishly)*

*commence ketchupping in 3...2...1...*

Hungover at all? :P *gets you some rejuvenating semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice*

Ah, thank you! Image

Squee! ONG just struck in Sandcastle Builder and it's my OTColored 688 newpix! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:06 am UTC

Well, I guess this is as good a Time to crawl out of the woodwork as any...

Haven't posted since NP 1526 {I've read up to NP 1559 tho.}

Let's just say I've been distracted, okay.

Per page-pope; I've been "going down memory lane"/"doing research" so I already had all my OTT posts up. It looks like I was in the middle of a "posting vacation" at NP 800 too. I don't have any posts on that page and only one for that dip {NP 794}. It included a welcome to jcmckeown and a riverish comment on the "current" new OtherComic 1222.

-------------
As an aside (and one reason why I was doing the research), while looking at my copies of OTTcolored and OTTmanips I noticed one that I posted on NP 1330 has a typo in it {HUMBlez me (yet again)} and it doesn't use the One True Font, so I thought I'd update it. And then I decided to make a second one as a reply. {Never underestimate the difficulty of matching textures you don't remember using.}

z Head Up My Butt: look everyone!!!!!

The first is the replacement and the second is the new one:
frame 1117

frame 1118

Under this spoiler are the colorized/no dialogue versions:
Spoiler:

And this one has the redundants, no kitties sorry.
Spoiler:
1117-color-1.png

1117-color-3.png

1118-color-1.png

1118-color-2.png

Edit
Changed "first spoiler" pics from "url"s to "img"s. (see z)

Edit (2) to add:
My 800th post
(& on NP1600 at that.)
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:34 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 am UTC

I was in the present on newpage 800 apparently, and had just joined the steam group. Which reminds me, I played the first OTT portal map, but I think there was a second one. I'm going to go play that now.
ciao!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

y u no kitty?

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Hi pelrigg! Missed you! Image
Treeish updated OTColored (and sequel - it's a good match)!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Hey pelrigg! Molpish to see you again!
HES wrote:Coming to think of it, we don't actually know any genders, names, species, or hat colours for certain. But why would that stop us?

Steambottle. I've just turned my music off to molpy down, and discovered there's a party going on downstairs THAT I WASN'T EVEN CHIRPING INVITED TO. In my own house. :evil:
Cueball wrote:Mrrr gblghx

LaPetite was definitely referred to as "she" by LBB though! (Although it was he at first, then GLR changed it... but mustard is heretical!)

Aww. Maybe they just didn't want you to get crushed beneath everyone's feet, hamplies are rather small and delicate...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:12 am UTC

...and now it's an argument.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:15 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
HES wrote:Coming to think of it, we don't actually know any genders, names, species, or hat colours for certain. But why would that stop us? <snip>

LaPetite was definitely referred to as "she" by LBB though! (Although it was he at first, then GLR changed it... but mustard is heretical!)

Huh, Rosetta was never referred to as "she." Maybe he was Beardo all along! He just shaved!

...nope, I can't do it. I've grown too used to thinking of "her" and "Rosetta" at this point. :P
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:24 am UTC

ucim wrote:I had also noticed that "unusual" has an unusual number of "u"s.

"Assassinato" has a really unusual number of ß (and I don't think any other Portuguese word has such a thing).

HES wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh, those eyes...

For pelrigg:
Spoiler:
December 25 - Pope Leo III crowns Charlemagne Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire in Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome

From NP800:

ucim wrote:I do want specifically to say however that I am really enjoying AluisioASG's stories. It's a different, interesting kind of suspense to want to know what happens in the middle when I have already read the beginning and something near the end.

Isn't life itself like that?

And there I see my answer that triggered Exodies' “The best computer game is a compiler” siggified reply… in an Angelastic's post that says “I'm a Jonathan Coulton fan”.

And look at that! If we keep going at this rate, I may very well get the next papacy today still!
Selecting new quote…

HES

Postby HES » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:31 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:LaPetite was definitely referred to as "she" by LBB though! (Although it was he at first, then GLR changed it... but mustard is heretical!)

Of course. I did a quick and dirty search of the dialogue wiki page and didn't find anything, but that could have been down to the need to coma
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:36 am UTC

ergman wrote:ciao!

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:03 am UTC

Thanks for the welcome back BlitzGirl and yappo.
And thanks to Aluisio for the lion cake.

I will get around to doing a proper ketchup of the last 40 or 50 or 80 pages, but not tonip.

A few things I noticed were;
BltzGirl at over 4000 posts (Go Bgirl, Go.).
There's evidently a new "Acts of the Clerics" I've missed (sorry Jose).
Did I see Aluisio put up a new story too?
I saw that BytEfLUSh showed up for a minute, too. (Hey guy.)
There seems to a rash of "brainslugs" running around. (Heck I saw mention of them in the Wiki.)
TheMinim seems to be trying to OTTify the entire OtherComic archive. This needs investigation.
And waveney's publishing a new Time After Time story. I need to check that out too.

-------------

One other thing my research lead me to. I wanted to find out how long it took me to get out of mod-queue by comparing the time-stamp of my 'first-post' (as listed on the page) vs. the time-stamp of the e-mail I got telling me I was published.
The fun part of going back to that page (NP 437 - Heretic date: Sun Apr 28, 2013) was the "Roll Call" of TimeWaiters on that page (In order of 1st post on page [with multiples noted] (bonuses: pope & goat; who got the "Ongs" and their phraseOng; and a buffyhat.))

Pikrass [x3] [page pope as of 5-Nov-13]
KarMann
BytEfLUSh [x2]
spamjam
Latent22
NoMouse [x2]
ChronosDragon [x2]
buffygirl [x5] [4th post has Eternal Density's "River-hat"]
AluisioASG [x2] [page goat as of 5-Nov-13]
treadman
doeanethum
fhorn
descor [x2]
Bytes
Valarya [Ong for newpix: 955 / "Goodbyong."]
slinches
mittfh
pelrigg [1st post]
cmyk [x3]
htom
Eliram [x2]
Jonas79
katakombe
Angelastic
AK49BWL [Ong for newpix: 956 / "What, no GONG?"]

-----

Just for fun: Do a "Roll Call" for the page with your first post to the OTT. (whether that was your first post to xkcd-fora or just to the OTT.) It might be kind of fun.

Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:08 am UTC

HES wrote:Tomorrow we can talk about what happened to the Project Manager.
You're always invited to the party here!

HES wrote:...and now it's an argument.
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was abuse. Argument is down the hall, second door.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:19 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ergman wrote:ciao!

what? it rhymed with now! :P

anyway, I finished the second one. Bravo HES, that was a really good map, I love how all the rooms eventually came together. I only broke it once, and very minimally, hopping over that no access fence. I've tried making portal 2 maps myself, but my ideas keep being things that don't actually work in portal 2. (Is there a good way to have things be togglable, instead of timed or permanent?)

to make up for the above offtopicness, here's an ottercomic:
edit: The original is Qwertial Aphasia
redundant:
Spoiler:
molptasticmolpasia.png
upclose, it actually might be a rabtor!
Last edited by ergman on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:22 am UTC

I'm afraid my next OTTification ends with the single most heretical line ever written.
Selecting new quote…

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:29 am UTC

Awesomeful OTTercomic, ergman! :)
I'm going to go try pelrigg's roll call now.

AluisioASG wrote:I'm afraid my next OTTification ends with the single most heretical line ever written.

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Ah-ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah-ah

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:05 am UTC

Randall's in the OTT
OTTifying this
Nobody there's sane
They don't even just pretend
Randall's in the OTT

Spoiler:

I'm afraid of O-T-Ters
I'm afraid of their world
I'm afraid I can't help it
I'm afraid I can
I'm afraid of O-T-Ters
I'm afraid I can
I'm afraid of O-T-Ters

Randall's in the OTT
Randall wants a page
Randall wants to be number one
Randall wants a hat
Randall wants to think of a pun
Randall's in the OTT

I'm afraid of O-T-Ters
I'm afraid I can
I'm afraid of O-T-Ters
I'm afraid I can
I'm afraid of O-T-Ters

Randall's in the OTT
Randall looks down at the base
Randall looks back and
Randall's thrown back to the trace

Randall's in the basement

I'm afraid of O-T-Ters
I'm afraid I can
I'm afraid of the O-T-Ters
I'm afraid I can
Yeah, I'm afraid of the O-T-Ters
I'm afraid of their plans
I'm afraid I shouldn't help them
I'm afraid I will
I'm afraid of O-T-Ters

Randall's just an otter one (x19)
Randall's in the OTT
OTTifying this
Selecting new quote…

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:16 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Randall's in the basement

Basement? Yes:
Spoiler:
OTT? Doubtful. But I like the song. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:31 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

Spoiler:

I wrote that part thinking of that. And this.
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

_grumbles

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:44 am UTC

I didn't post on page 800.I looked all the way to 820 and found nothing. But StormAngelpost ed on 807 about Joe's Pizza.
Also I was mentioned briefly, which I shall quote without comment :
azule wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:There is a way to search for images, but it isn't really helping Unless the connection is Erectile Dysfunction Tablets.

Hmm, connections. Erectile Dysfunction is abbreviated ED. ED is an acronym for Eternal Density. Connected. None of us, of course, have ED, except maybe ED....though if xey doesn't have an E then the D is the least of xeir's problem.
I was quoted twice on 798 though. Well actually HES was quoted quoting me:
Valarya wrote:
HES wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:If there's ever a Portal movie, it would be awesome if it said "Starring Ellen McLain as GLaDOS, Summer Glau as Chell, and Summer Glau's feet as Chell's feet." Because reasons.

You mean like this?

OH MY RANDALL..... :shock: how have I never seen this before?! Image

ETA:
You know I have Portal (and the OTT) on the brain when I get this email from the DBAs during release last night (work crap) and think to myself "THE PORTAL ISN'T OPENING?" Heh
Database Admins wrote:The port is NOT open. You’ll have to put in a ticket to Network Support to have them open this for you during one of their upcoming maintenance windows.

Also on 818 BlitzGirl hit 800 and posted that pic of the cake with far too many candles which we saw recently.

It was treeish to see lots of OTTers who are still around and sad to see many by some who are not. For instance, charlie
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

AluisioASG

charlie_

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:48 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:It was treeish to see lots of OTTers who are still around and sad to see many by some who are not. For instance, _grumbles

He did that better than I'll ever be able to.
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

Re: Can't win

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:55 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:M*stard I typo'd Gained. And now my laptop is off and I'm back in bed. If anyone reports that, I'll do something ill advised.

Well. Someone made a ch*rping pull request to fix my one-letter typo. Brace yourselves.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:M*stard I typo'd Gained. And now my laptop is off and I'm back in bed. If anyone reports that, I'll do something ill advised.

Well. Someone made a ch*rping pull request to fix my one-letter typo. Brace yourselves.

A torrent of salt and pumpkins is coming?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 am UTC

IMPROVONGLY...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Molpy Down, I must. It's well past my coma time.

Just for kicks: an rONG of M1600

Wait Well.

Coma Out.

I'll be back when I'm back. (Hopefully not 80 pages worth....)

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:07 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

A torrent of salt and pumpkins is coming?

You should't buy that boost. Because reasons.

Anyhow:

Code: Select all

## 2.95
- Single lettter typo
- Glasss Saw power multipler should worrk now
- Automata Assemble lets you upgrade glass storage any time.
- Control Automata price reflects the description
- Earning a Badge when you have Badgers recalculates sand dig rate
- DeMolpify function now handles empty string or undefined value (returns 0) which should prevent stack overflow

BlitzGirl

Re: 1190: "Tiime"

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Just for fun: Do a "Roll Call" for the page with your first post to the OTT. (whether that was your first post to xkcd-fora or just to the OTT.) It might be kind of fun.

This was fun! Thanks for the idea, pelrigg. :)
Okay, here we go. Disclaimer: This post is full of heretical dates.
I first posted on Newpage 214, before starting my Quest:
BlitzGirl wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:It be an river!!!

Time is a river.

The date was Apr 02, 2013, just over a wip after Time began.
It took only 1.25 longpix to fill up this newpage with posts. So on this newpage there was only one ONG, newpix 321:

The biggest topic, of course, was discussion about the river, which had just been mentioned for the first Time in the OTC by Megan in newpix 320. For reference, this was over 340 newpix before OTTers learned that it was small.

The roll call: A lot of these posters have riverish post counts, and disappeared sometime in April. But some notable OTTer names showed up, including ED and SBN. As for the column headings, PoP is the number of posts they had on the page, LastPost is the date of their last OTT post, and LVisit is their last visit to the fora, if significantly later than the last OTT post.

Code: Select all

Username      - PoP - LastPost - LVisit -  Comment

joaquimds     -  1  -  Jul 18  -        -  Probably not original PFAN, but no one kept track.
XonqNopp      -  2  -  Jun 11  -        -
r34ver        -  1  -  Jul 19  -        -   
SBN           -  2  -          -        -  Noted that Time and productivity levels were linked.
higgs-boson   -  2  -  Sep 26  - Nov 05 -   
igor          -  1  -  Apr 02  -        -  Only post on the fora.
kryton        -  5  -  Jul 29  -        -  Now the Spaaace Pope, because sigs get filtered.
Magdiragdag   -  2  -  Jul 26  -        -     
Mr Moriaty    -  2  -  Apr 12  -        -  Holy Geophysicist
pixiemay      -  1  -  Apr 02  -        -       
FyKnight      -  1  -  Apr 03  - Oct 18 -
AionArap      -  2  -  Apr 18  -        -  Posted the ONG (before they were called ONGs).   
ED            -  2  -          -        -  Thought that the River might be Tam.
Angelastic    -  2  -  Sep 11  - Nov 8! -  Commented on building materials and NaOH's ark.   
willyshop     -  1  -  Apr 02  -        -   
StratPlayer   -  2  -  Oct 07  -        -  Blamed Cueball for the sand-semenization.   
FayZee        -  3  -  May 23  - Aug 18 -
NoMouse       -  1  -  Aug 01  -        - 
bob443        -  1  -  Apr 02  - Aug 19 -
JCPenney      -  1  -  May 04  - Sep 19 -
mybrainhurts  -  1  -  Apr 07  -        -   
cari.j.elliot -  1  -  Nov 8!  -        -  Posted the River Tam Othercomic.
Exodies       -  1  -  Sep 17  - Oct 26 -
Srt252        -  1  -  Apr 03  - Aug 02 -
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

The goggles, they... are missing.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:17 am UTC

I'll do my roll call tomorrip. It'll be easier and why not spread them out?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”