1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sustainabilizer

Re: bftf-0537

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:44 am UTC

lmjbot wrote:I'M DEVELOPONG A SYSTEM TO KETCHUP ARBITRARY CONDIMENTS. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.

ENHANCE!
enhanced-bftf-0537.png
enhanced-bftf-0537.png (4.29 KiB) Viewed 16128 times
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:23 am UTC

Thank you.

Edit: Popage: I was thanking Sustainabilizer for enhancing "that" for me. So, like, decree is to thank someone for whatever wowterful thing they do for you, us, themselves. If you can't find someone to thank, uh, just thank me. :mrgreen: *greed* 8-)
Last edited by azule on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:25 am UTC

I assume that is a papal decree, decreeing us to thank someone.

I thank BlitzGirl for keeping the puns in check.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:28 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:I assume that is a papal decree, decreeing us to thank someone.
You're spot on (sorta). Thank you for noticing and assuming exactly what I was going to decree (after the fact)! :)

Two things. 1. I don't have the post counter script nor was I keeping track. I probably should have quoted for my reply. 2. I think it's always an awesomeful idea to decree based on the content of your post at the time. So, if I were to talk about liking cupcakes, the decree would probably be to bring cupcakes to the yard. But, I thanked someone, therefore, yeah. (Oooh! But you could thank someone with a cupcake!)

One more thing. ^____________^

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:07 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, and treeish holidip avatar... I have one of those somewhere...
*rummages through box of spare avatars*
Aha, found it!

Treeish - but what about an upgrade?

Ooh, awesomeful! :mrgreen: Thanks Zooman, I didn't even think about an upgrade.

Treeish new hats, bmonk and ergman!
For decree: Thank you to all the OTT haberdashers and avatar-sprucer-uppers. Image

SBN wrote: I've been where my new WFFS is, so away from everymolpy here, but todip I drove back, so I can watch my daughter walk across a stage in a square hat.

Wowterful! Congratulations to your daughter!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:26 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Did anyone link to the new What-If yet? It contains rivers2,3,10, semencancercoffeebaconcustardstarsandbabiesonice, and footnotesnested.
Clearly that's proof that GLR is reading this needle-pulled thing! [/nostalgia]

Also contains Zanclean activity!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:09 pm UTC

Happy 2700, yappobiscuits! Image

For decree: Continuing thanks to mscha
for the One True List of Frames, the One True Viewer,
for all the molpies you have caught without harming them,
for your inspiring photomanips and jigsaw puzzles,
for maintaining the footnote standardsni,
and for your bots who enrich this needle-pulled thing with their wise leadership.
Thank you! Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0538

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:00 pm UTC

...@OO@OO@OOO@O@O@... THE SAAAANDCASTLE IS OTTTCOOOOLORISONG! -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by lmjbot

ergman

Re: ...XE WASN'T THE MOST HERETICAL GRAPEVINE IN THE AFOREWH

Postby ergman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:06 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:New OtherComic http://xkcd.com/1459/
I wonder what's in my OTT folder...

You know, my OTT folder is called "dONG", and is on my desktop... That's probably disconcerting to some.

re: buffyhats: my hat normally is of Buffygirl genuinity, but for the holidays, Imma look like this. I'll put it back though afterwards.

for decree: I give thanks to ST and Balthasar for putting out the GLRish effort of continued ONG output, keeping us busy with puzzles and plots.

of course thanks to all the previous TaT authors as well. And Kieryn for his awesomeful penguinmolp story, though it seems to be on hiatus right now. Anyone know anything about that?

and thanks to every Randamned one of ya for keeping this place alive.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:52 pm UTC

When I read "carcastle" i think "carcass" (tle) instead of "car" (castle)

I once showed my OTT folder listing. (viewtopic.php?p=3615798#p3615798, viewtopic.php?p=3616087#p3616087) Today it's even more.

Today I came back home. A donut from Santa was waiting for me. :shock: We don't usually have donuts here.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:44 pm UTC

I'm just ever so thankful for all the nice friendly molpies and OTTers who make the OTT such an entertaining place, even if I am stuck not even halfway through wending my way through a plethora of perplexing posts.

TimeLurker wrote:
Montov wrote:
TimeLurker wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
Kieryn wrote:So no moon showed up then. This means it must be waning. Maybe even new or close to new. Solar eclipse anyone? That would be fun... I wonder what Megball would have to say about that :)

Cueball: Weird.
Megan: Neat.
Cueball: Yeah.

Cueball: 12
Megan: 4
Cueball: Yeah.
Hmm, why don't we have a footnote for Yeah? I think we should.

When I proposed it some time ago, there was no support, but I'm using molpy13 as the unofficial footnote.

The standard footnotes are really just to appease the molpies anyway. Officially there are no official footnotes13. Myself, I like to use subscripts anyway.

Edit: Montov you almost got me to walk into that one. Almost.

A standard! Ni ni ni ni molpy ping pONG nightchirpy!

Standard footnotes averted!
Last edited by bmonk on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:47 pm UTC

Hello fellow OTTers!

After a few unmolpish weeks I finally had Time to properly ketchup. Thank you for all the wowterful things in the OTT!

It just came up, so I feel I have to share that I am still wearing my buffyhat (which was donated to me without request as I may add :-)).

On other news: There are now exactly 1.400 OTTers (or OTHers who do not consider them an OTTer) who have posted at least once in the OTT according to the latest Database update. The OTT may be a bit slow right now but the diversity of participents has risen a bit. So all ist well in the OTT.

Speaking of the Database I found Time to tend to it. Please expect some intermittent service this wipend as I am upgrading the servcastle. There is already a fallback in place should there be any mustard during the process. As I can see from the logs there is quite some traffic handled by it from various other projects.

Keep OTTing!
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:13 pm UTC

I'm also ever so thankful for BlitzGirl's (and others, too) Redundakitties. 8-) 3

3pretty neat, and even bigger than <they> looked
Last edited by bmonk on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

HES

Postby HES » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:07 pm UTC

[Posted from the Mirror at Fri Dec 12, 2014 07:01 PM GMT]
503 returneth

But thankfully not for long.
He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:39 pm UTC

Still here, and very thankful to Davean and the mods for keeping the forum up and running for us, each in their own ways. Not a lot else to say, though I've been enjoying all that's been going on in the thread. Congrats to SBN's daughter on her square-hattedness! Does this signal the start of another square-hat pursuit, or is she now looking for FFSs?

And I've been concerned about Kieryn for a while - it's said "next slide in 11 days" for a long Time. More than 11 days. More even than 11 business days. Hope he's ok.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Sustainabilizer

Bicycles After Time: bftf-0539

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:29 pm UTC

Firstpost! :)
Alexxander Lord wrote:I saw this thread when only pages existed in it. I saw time unfold, originally trying to understand what the comic meant, in the time of the quicpix (is that what they were called?) and then when the gong took an hour. Yes, I saw how the holy orders, the NUMEROUS holy orders of time were created. I was still here when BlitzGirl was starting her journey, and the idea of going through all the pages was a very vague idea. I never registred for an account, as i thought this would fade.
ITS BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR NOW. Holy macaroni guys, how is this thread still actively *daily*?

Welcome to the OTT, Alexxander Lord, Revealer the Recent!
Have a seat, make yourself comfortable.

Yes, we are still here. We are still discussing 1190: Time, and there are new stories, one of which is still …

ONGOING …
Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:35 pm UTC

Welcome Alexxander Lord, Revealer the Recent.

We are still figuring out how it happened. There are more theories than OTTers by my estimate. What we do know is that it is molpish.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

PH'NGLUI MGLW'NAFH GRAY BUN RIVER WGAH'NAGL FHTAGN

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:49 pm UTC

Thanks to my parents for helping me buy my shiny new carcastle. Although based on the Zacleanity of the drive I had yesterday, maybe I should have gotten a raftcastle.

Thanks to balthasar and SilentTimer and the other TaT stories, and thanks to those who analyze and enhance them.

Thanks to Sustainabilizer for organizing the OTTer meetup.

Thanks to Alexxander Lord for xis recent revealing.

Thanks to SBN for sharing the molpish news about her daughter.

Thanks to GLR for Time.

Thanks to the mods for their modding.

Thanks to Sciscitor for updating the database.

Thanks to Yappo for reaching 2700 and giving me an excuse this (badly manipped) image:

It used to say "21." It's for Taylor the otter, now the oldest known sea otter in the world.

Thanks to all of you for all the wacky and wowterful things you do to keep this place molpish.

And of course, thanks to azule for coming up with this decree!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
taylor-cake-21 copy.jpg
taylor-cake-21 copy.jpg (30.42 KiB) Viewed 15982 times

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: PH'NGLUI MGLW'NAFH GRAY BUN RIVER WGAH'NAGL FHTAGN

Postby SBN » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 pm UTC

Thanks to a good friend who helped find a rental for MSWFP and I (and the wolpies.) The next phase of our relocation will be getting underway after the holidips.

Thanks to everymolpy for the congratulations for my daughter. She's now looking for a FFS, had an interview this week that she should hear about soon.

Thanks to lmjb for saying so much of what I was thinking.
Also, to lmjb, yes, look for a new FFS. It's easier to find one when you have one already. (And stay safe out there.)

Thanks to mscha for his molpy hunting skills, and to other absent OTTers for their contributions. You're missed, every one.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

micdi

Postby micdi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:25 pm UTC

Alexxander Lord sneakily past-stole a papacy, unpoping the currenty pope as well. Good job!

And yeah, i realize there are still buffyhats around, I meant it lacks new ones ;)

BIG thanks to Sustainibilizer for thinking we are even serious-sciency enough to have a conference (from me as well, redundancy == molpish)!
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:34 pm UTC

bmonk wrote:I was hoping to affix an academic hood, but that was too ε and difficult. So I went for this hood, as a secondary choice.
εweird

Eep, sorry for just dropping off the face of the Earth after agreeing to do that. I got busier than expected.

lmjb1964 wrote:I guess you, CD and HAL are the hairs of the haberdashery line.

As a dragonraptor I don't seem to have any hairs, though I have some interesting airs. For the matter, neither does HAL.

---

I might be living more and more in the basement over the next few months as I finish up college applications and am also participating in another internet thing (search up Handmade Hero, it's baobobs!) but I will continue attempting to stick around, as this community is something unique and different. Hopefully by about February I'll find myself with more Time for Time, but I have no idea!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:30 am UTC

Thanks to balthasea, SilentTimer, waveney, Latent22, and other helpful molpies for continuONG stories that give us something to Wait for so long after T** **d!

Happy 2700 posts, yappo!
(Watch out, Jose is catching up to your RNM!)

Sciscitor wrote:On other news: There are now exactly 1.400 OTTers (or OTHers who do not consider them an OTTer) who have posted at least once in the OTT according to the latest Database update. The OTT may be a bit slow right now but the diversity of participents has risen a bit. So all ist well in the OTT.!

That's wowterful to hear!

Alexxander Lord wrote:ITS BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR NOW. Holy macaroni guys, how is this thread still actively *daily*?

Welcome, Alexxander Lord!
...that's a good question. We're attempting to answer it with a sciencey conference in February. :)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Re: Bicycles After Time: bftf-0539

Postby azule » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:36 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:Firstpost! :)
Alexxander Lord wrote:I saw this thread when only pages existed in it. I saw time unfold, originally trying to understand what the comic meant, in the time of the quicpix (is that what they were called?) and then when the gong took an hour. Yes, I saw how the holy orders, the NUMEROUS holy orders of time were created. I was still here when BlitzGirl was starting her journey, and the idea of going through all the pages was a very vague idea. I never registred for an account, as i thought this would fade.
ITS BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR NOW. Holy macaroni guys, how is this thread still actively *daily*?
Thank you for bumping my post. Now it makes sense in context! I also like "quickpix". I don't think that one is from the past.

Thank you, lmjb. I didn't think I would get thanked (for nothing)!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0156

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:00 am UTC

REAL OTTERUNGS USE AN OVARY. -- automome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the time and location?
Spoiler:
mscha matched the tree with the one from T** **d of Time, thus confirming BlitzGirl's theory about the time and location of t1i.
He also noticed that the pan has just two vectors and calculated the remaining pan.
ucim noticed that the Beanies were still missing and concluded that the sea is not rushing up right at the moment.

-- posted by SilentBot

yappobiscuits

Re: PH'NGLUI MGLW'NAFH GRAY BUN RIVER WGAH'NAGL FHTAGN

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:05 am UTC

Just got back from a Seawolpy gig. I had some major brainmustard. For some reason I was convinced this gig was tomorrow and it wasn't until I happened to check the facebug event page at about 2pm that I found out it was in fact today. So I had to rush to get ready and be there in time for soundcheck. Silly molpy.
lmjb1964 wrote:Thanks to Yappo for reaching 2700 and giving me an excuse this (badly manipped) image:

It used to say "21." It's for Taylor the otter, now the oldest known sea otter in the world.

Teehee yay! Thanks! But clearly whoever came up with that hasn't heard of me. I'm 22 don'tcha know.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

balthasar_s

bftf-0540

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 am UTC

YOU ARE IN A RIVERISH OTT OF TWISTONG PHONESAWS, ALL SILENTTIMERISH. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by bothasar_p

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:09 am UTC

azule wrote:I also like "quickpix". I don't think that one is from the past.
This not only is heresy, it is blasphemy! "Quickpix" is in the Prayer of BlitzGirl, which all OTTers should revisit often. It is below, and expresses the foundation of our molpishness.

With words that must never be forgotten, BlitzGirl wrote:I have seen many wonders on my Quest, and this I have learned: Time is not absolute. Though dedicated forum-dwellers may debate names to a Period fresh to their eyes, a weary wanderer may come to the same TimeFrame many longpix later seeing it as but a flash in the long, long thread of Time. While some among us hold fast to the heels of the Now, posting with immediacy and brevity, there are still others at the same moment following 10 newpages back, or 50, or 300. Those of us who experienced the great Fading in real-Time have shared an experience those that follow will never quite match, just as we ourselves cannot comprehend the madness that struck in the early quickpix, or during the Madness itself.

Yet these divisions do not separate us, but make us more powerful. As grains of Sand(semencancercoffeebabies) in a Sandcastle, this needle-pulled thing works best when we are not all of the same shape. Our quirks clasp us together all the more strongly, so that when we Wait for it together - whatever Time we may travel, whatever sect we may splinter, whatever graph or song or hat we share - we are not alone. For though Time may scatter us among the pastposts and the Present, in the end, it is also what brought us to this mad, mad, glorious home in the first place.

We need a new punishment for forgetting this, and I think the rack is appropriate here. So, I condemn you to feast upon the rack of lamb until you see the error of your ways!

Welcome Alexxander Lord! (Seems to me you should be Lord Alexxander Lord, because redundancy is molpish, and you seem like a Lord.) You wonder how this thread is still active? How can it not be so active? 'Tis a magical place, and we're glad you found your way back. Stick around and you'll see what keeps us together. Maybe one day you will realize that the yip you spent away from us needs to be made up; there will be this void in your soul that can only be filled by drinking fully from the One True Thread. Should that day ever arise, you'll know what to do. But if the present fills you, then you'll also know what to do, because whatever you do, we'll be here.

yappobiscuits wrote:Teehee yay! Thanks! But clearly whoever came up with that hasn't heard of me. I'm 22 don'tcha know.
If that's what all that timey-wimey stuff makes you believe, then go for it. You get 5 more yips!

Jose
Lord doesn't seem like a real word anymore.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

balthasar_s

bftf-0541

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:26 am UTC

THE FIRST RULE OF BEANIE CLUB IS, YOU DON'GT TALK ABOUT BEANIE CLUB -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by bothasar_p

MistyCat

Re: it sure DOEs

Postby MistyCat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:29 am UTC

ergman wrote:
MistyCat wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:What do you mean by POI?

I'd guess "Person of Interest," which I started watching because of Michael Emerson from "Lost."

MistyCat! hi! were you here already? hihi!

No, I'm back after the event of finally getting my house repaired after the 2010 and 2011 Christchurch, New Zealand earthquakes. Since I couldn't stay in the house for that time I spent two months in a small cottage on the West Coast of New Zealand, with no phone, no cellphone, no Internet, no computer, no TV, and just two radio stations available. I did, however, have many bottles of beer, some books and some gardening tools.

For decree
Thank you, everymolpy without exception.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:02 pm UTC

Welcome Alexxander Lord!

Say, could one of the hatters around here holidipify my avatar?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:36 pm UTC

How about this:

If you want to make a treeisher version (i.e., with fewer white artifact pixels), here is the holidip bauble I used.

RSIR:
Spoiler:
EoM_holidip.png
EoM_holidip.png (19.44 KiB) Viewed 15545 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

moody7277

bftf-0542

Postby moody7277 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:11 pm UTC

NameONG the spacecraft

Spoiler:

A molpish name for a spacecraft indeed.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:18 pm UTC

For decree:
ZoomanSP wrote:How about this:

Thanks, Zooman.

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:43 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:How about this:

If you want to make a treeisher version (i.e., with fewer white artifact pixels), here is the holidip bauble I used.

Just did that:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
EoM_holidip_antialiased.png
EoM_holidip_antialiased.png (17.4 KiB) Viewed 15477 times

Thank you again, EoM, for this! Image

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:19 pm UTC

Update on the upgrading of The Database: Everything went pretty smooth, there was no mustard and service shall continue uninterrupted for the next one and a half yip (concering the operating system of the organized sandcastle).

Warning: Computery Stuff ahead.
When I was putting my Zanclean Contingency Plan for the upgrade in place, I was notified that the providers of my virtual organized sandcastle now offer a managed Zanclean Contingency Plan of their own with four slots (allowing diply redundancy for up to two wips and one for even longer) for $ 5 a mip, for 48 GB (comprising a whole organized sandcastle). I think that is a pretty good offer but I do not have enough experience in that field to be sure. Does anymolpy know if that is a good deal?
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:27 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:Just did that:

Ah, thanks ST!

Sustainabilizer

Re: bftf-0542

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:46 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:NameONG the spacecraft

Spoiler:

A molpish name for a spacecraft indeed.

This means that the people in the moonbase are approaching the Voldeframe! :shock:
Quick! Let's send some ice cream to them in the past!

@kxa: Don't fear the Voldeframe!
There are molpish things to come,
including a sequel to Time
and a story featuring you.

Also, thanks to everyone who wants to contribute to the upcoming conference – be it a physical, by-proxy or online speech, physical or online presence, sigvertising, or just molpish thoughts! :)
Again: If you need additional money, please contact me. (I already have sent some encrypted emails to some of you.)
Also, many thanks to sus_organizer for helping me to deal with the people of the hills administration of the Sustainable University. ;)

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:45 pm UTC

Since I returned partway through BFTF, I have zero idea what's going on in it. But could someone please tell me what BFTF stands for?
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:46 pm UTC

I believe the answer is no.

SilentTimer wrote:Just did that:
ZmSP, that is treeish. As in, can go on a tree. That would be awesomeful to own.

HES

Postby HES » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 pm UTC

In my head it means Back From The Future, but I think I made that up.
He/Him/His Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”