1268: "Alternate Universe"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

da Doctah

Re: 1268: "Alternate Universe"

Postby da Doctah » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:47 am UTC

sotanaht wrote:The only place I see live lobsters is at certain restaurants, for example Red Lobster, where I always assumed they were kept mostly for appearances since it makes a neat aquarium display.
Seriously? I see them at Safeway.

just brew it!

Postby just brew it! » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 am UTC

da Doctah wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:Gotta admit I remain skeptical. Dasani (and pretty much all bottled water) doesn't taste quite right in my opinion, but I tend to doubt that something with low enough sodium that the nutrition label can get away with saying 0mg has enough NaCl for you to notice it.

Maybe it's not salt, but there's something in there that ruins the taste. If just drinking it doesn't do it for you, try putting Crystal Light in it. Do that with tap water and you get something resembling sweetened fruit juice; do it with Dasani and you get the potable equivalent of chewing tinfoil with metal fillings.

According to Wikipedia, it is reverse-osmosis water to which magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, and sodium chloride have been added. So there are two other salts in it that don't contain sodium, and they could (theoretically) really load up on those while still claiming it is sodium-free.

Other than the fact that bottled water in general is a scam, I don't have any particular dislike for Dasani; but I could certainly believe that some people find the flavor objectionable.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:16 am UTC

Oh sure, objectionable is understandable. I said as much myself in that post. I'll drink Poland Spring if I'm not near a convenient source of free drinking water, but Dasani and Aquafina both definitely taste wrong to me.

What they don't taste like, my point is, is sodium chloride.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:41 am UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:
Steve the Pocket wrote:What would you consider a giant cockroach? I think the 1 dm cockroaches that live in some places would be workable, you only need to clean one or two with your meal, provided you also eat vegetables (probably one, but two if you want to eat way too much and get fat, like many people in Western countries...).

EDIT: They occur naturally.

I wouldn't consider ten centimeters to be all that big, especially given that they're only about half as wide as they are long unlike, say, crabs. But if it's big enough to be cooked and eaten like one, and there was a cook with enough experience preparing them that way to be trusted, sure, I'd go for that. That last part is probably the monkey wrench. That and the travel that would likely be involved.
cephalopod9 wrote:Only on Xkcd can you start a topic involving Hitler and people spend the better part of half a dozen pages arguing about the quality of Operating Systems.

Baige.

Kit.

Postby Kit. » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:47 am UTC

just brew it! wrote:Other than the fact that bottled water in general is a scam

Unfortunately, places where tap water in a cup of tea doesn't taste awfully, usually miss the selection of teas worth brewing.

Well... at least in my Universe.

Klear

Postby Klear » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:37 pm UTC

just brew it! wrote:
da Doctah wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:Gotta admit I remain skeptical. Dasani (and pretty much all bottled water) doesn't taste quite right in my opinion, but I tend to doubt that something with low enough sodium that the nutrition label can get away with saying 0mg has enough NaCl for you to notice it.

Maybe it's not salt, but there's something in there that ruins the taste. If just drinking it doesn't do it for you, try putting Crystal Light in it. Do that with tap water and you get something resembling sweetened fruit juice; do it with Dasani and you get the potable equivalent of chewing tinfoil with metal fillings.

According to Wikipedia, it is reverse-osmosis water to which magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, and sodium chloride have been added. So there are two other salts in it that don't contain sodium, and they could (theoretically) really load up on those while still claiming it is sodium-free.

Other than the fact that bottled water in general is a scam, I don't have any particular dislike for Dasani; but I could certainly believe that some people find the flavor objectionable.

A study recently showed that tap water in Prague is healthier that any bottled water on the market. People are still buying it though.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 pm UTC

Klear wrote:A study recently showed that tap water in Prague is healthier that any bottled water on the market. People are still buying it though.

Most places have stricter contamination limits on tap water than bottled. This is because a bottle going over the limit means "take this off the shelf and sell something else", whereas a water supply going over means "fix the system in place before it gets worse".

Klear

Postby Klear » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:30 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:
Klear wrote:A study recently showed that tap water in Prague is healthier that any bottled water on the market. People are still buying it though.

Most places have stricter contamination limits on tap water than bottled. This is because a bottle going over the limit means "take this off the shelf and sell something else", whereas a water supply going over means "fix the system in place before it gets worse".

Makes sense, I guess. On the other hand, people buy bottled water because they expect it to be of higher quality than tap water. It really is quite depressing.

orthogon

Postby orthogon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:44 pm UTC

Klear wrote:
Znirk wrote:

Makes sense, I guess. On the other hand, people buy bottled water because they expect it to be of higher quality than tap water. It really is quite depressing.

There was an advertising campaign in London based around the fact that tap water is over three orders of magnitude cheaper than bottled water (about £1 per cubic metre compared to about £1 per half-litre, i.e. £2000/m3). I also read somewhere that London tapwater consistently wins in blind taste tests, particularly if it's left in the fridge for a while to cool and to allow the chlorine to evaporate. Then there's the environmental impact. Tap water is cheaper, healthier, tastier and greener.
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:06 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:
Klear wrote:
Znirk wrote:

There was an advertising campaign in London based around the fact that tap water is over three orders of magnitude cheaper than bottled water (about £1 per cubic metre compared to about £1 per half-litre, i.e. £2000/m3). I also read somewhere that London tapwater consistently wins in blind taste tests, particularly if it's left in the fridge for a while to cool and to allow the chlorine to evaporate. Then there's the environmental impact. Tap water is cheaper, healthier, tastier and greener.

I took a class in bottled water. It was con't ed.
The instructor had done a study.

The water with CO2 was constantly of better quality.
The CO2 killed chloroform bacteria.

Yes. Some still bottled water had poop bacteria in it.
The sparkling waters tended to be water that had empty boring petri dishes.

Sweet sparkling spring water. We do have some. It is Grand to find that stuff in the Wild.
Have you ever seen it? CO2 bubbles dancing on the surface of water out in the Wild?

It is possible to reproduce the effect.
Sweet wine and sparkling water served in dark dishes.
Sparkling water in one glass. Sweet dark coffee served in a different glass at the same time.

Bottled water has its place. Some people do not have potable tap water.
If you do; A moment of silent reflection for the men and women that do the job of keeping your water safe.

In an Alternate Universe, it is each and every man, woman and child for themselves. The water is dangerous.
It must be brewed before consumption.

It is better to get a child drunk than it is to let them die of dehydration secondary to diarrhea;
In that alternate universe.

I know for a Fact that alternate universe existed inside the US as late as 1960. All hale to The Clean Water Act.
http://www2.epa.gov/laws-regulations/su ... -water-act
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

project2051

Postby project2051 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

What gets me is the people who have an absolute hatred of well water. But think "natural spring water" out of bottles is the best thing ever. Even though in bottled water terms spring water is water pumped up from wells.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:10 pm UTC

Tkun wrote:
davidstarlingm wrote:
jpers36 wrote:
Tkun wrote:So according to God lobster and bacon are bad, grasshoppers are alright.

I think I will try a tastier religion...

Like Christianity!

Acts 10 wrote:9 The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10 And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance 11 and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” 15 And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.” 16 This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.

Don't forget Mark 7:
Pseudonymic Mark wrote:He called the people to him again and said to them, “Hear me, all of you, and understand: There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.” And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” (Thus he declared all foods clean.)

I've noticed that Mark is oddly full of little parentheticals like this.

So is cannibalism okay them?

So ... blowjobs are ok then?
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

Kit.

Postby Kit. » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

Red Hal wrote:
Tkun wrote:
davidstarlingm wrote:Don't forget Mark 7:
Pseudonymic Mark wrote:He called the people to him again and said to them, “Hear me, all of you, and understand: There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.” And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” (Thus he declared all foods clean.)

Spit or... oh, I see what you did there.

davidstarlingm

Postby davidstarlingm » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

Tkun wrote:
davidstarlingm wrote:
jpers36 wrote:
Tkun wrote:So according to God lobster and bacon are bad, grasshoppers are alright.

Like Christianity!

Acts 10 wrote:9 The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10 And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance 11 and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” 15 And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.” 16 This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.

Don't forget Mark 7:

Ostensibly cannibalism is just fine; it's the killing-of-my-food bit which would be problematic here. :wink:

Red Hal wrote:So ... blowjobs are ok then?

Blowjobs are awesome. Even in the Old Testament. Haven't you ever read Songs 2?
Solomon's saucy wench wrote:As an apple tree among the trees of the forest,
so is my beloved among the young men.
With great delight I sat in his shadow,
and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

Quizatzhaderac

Postby Quizatzhaderac » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

Maybe they've changed the concentrations over the years (or by region), but when I read the label it explicitly said salt in the ingredients list (about 50 ppm a quick google search tells me). I also don't use salt in any of my own cooking, and human taste is logarithmic, so it's not really that odd for my uneducated estimation of acceptable salinity to be off by several orders of magnitude.
The thing about recursion problems is that they tend to contain other recursion problems.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:55 pm UTC

Kit. wrote:
Red Hal wrote:
Tkun wrote:

Do it, again.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Kit.

Postby Kit. » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

addams wrote:
Kit. wrote:
Red Hal wrote:
Tkun wrote:

Do it, again.

Are blowjobs cannibalism?

addams

Postby addams » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

Kit. wrote:
addams wrote:
Kit. wrote:
Red Hal wrote:
Tkun wrote:

Do it, again.

Thank you. That helps to wash that 'Long Pork' from my mind.
Rinse. And; Repeat.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Quizatzhaderac

Postby Quizatzhaderac » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

Tkun wrote:So is cannibalism okay them?
Human was already kosher. Although Jewish rules about burial indirectly forbid cannibalism. I'd also consider what "clean" in means in any context before germ theory, doubly so when regarding translated text.

Also: supposedly mermaid is halal; although I can't find any source that doesn't frame the original source as "Look what this idiot said". The original source doesn't address killing mermaids, mermaid sapience, or mermaids being real/not.
The thing about recursion problems is that they tend to contain other recursion problems.

davidstarlingm

Postby davidstarlingm » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

addams wrote:
Kit. wrote:Are blowjobs cannibalism?

Rinse. And; Repeat.

I saw "Life is, just, an exchange of erections; It is up to us to give it meaning." in your signature underneath this post.

Had to look twice.

orthogon

Postby orthogon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:45 pm UTC

When I was at college there was a popular t-shirt that read "Oral sex: is it vegan?". The question has bothered me slightly ever since.

EDIT: I got a bit confused between oral sex and cannibalism in what I chose to quote. Easily done.

tomandlu

Postby tomandlu » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

I once ate a spider in a maths class. I have no idea why, but old school friends still mention it. Cool story, bro'...
How can I think my way out of the problem when the problem is the way I think?

lgw

Postby lgw » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

A study recently showed that tap water in Louisiana has brain-eating amoebas. Local water officials seemed unalarmed by this, saying it will take a couple of weeks to fix, and in the mean time don't get any in your nose. Dasani is the Devil I know. :twisted:
"In no set of physics laws do you get two cats." - doogly

addams

Postby addams » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 pm UTC

lgw wrote:

A study recently showed that tap water in Louisiana has brain-eating amoebas. Local water officials seemed unalarmed by this, saying it will take a couple of weeks to fix, and in the mean time don't get any in your nose. Dasani is the Devil I know. :twisted:

How long has this thing in Louisiana been going on?
Does that explain a lot about Deliverance?

That is good news for the rest of us. Correct?

(that's nice. the cruelty and sociopathy and psychosis and birth defects are now explained. it is not simply human nature, left on its own.) oh crap. How long has this been going on? What is the Amoeba? Is it restricted to areas of warm water? How warm? Good Grief! It could be nearly, AnyWhere! Like Giardia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardia

Amoeba! No way. Really?
Citation, please.
What if it is one of our little Secrets?
What a horrible Secret.

That kind of a secret puts others at risk.
Tap water is ok? If we drink tap water will we be ok?

How do we know if we have been infected?
What about those around us? Does it make a difference?
If we know they are infected with a Brain Destroying Amoeba;
Do we give them more of a break or less of a break?

No way. No Amoeba can cross the Blood Brain Barrier.
Do Amoeba ever produce toxins? A build up of toxins can destroy the brain.
Toxins usually destroy what? ech. (shrug) Why worry? Its an old problem.

If it is true, It is an old problem.
Syphilis is an old problem and it is real and it destroys brains and no one much cares.

It seems that during the first phase, there are few if any symptoms.
(Everyone is a gambler. This time and me. It will be fine. Cross my fingers and I won't do it, again.)

During the second phase there are few if any symptoms.
(creepy stuff happens to other people, not me. not now, not with this lovely life)

It is a creepy subject. No one wants to know about something creepy.
MD's don't check for it unless asked. It is often checked with an AIDS test.
Those people that are checked for one will usually be checked for the other. Let us hope.

Third Stage can masquerade as an early fatal or non fatal heart attack.
Or; Early onset dementia. We are having the numbers popping back up.

Soap Box. It seems a shame to waste those easy Golden Years with......
Those are not so easy and golden years for some. Dementia? That is so difficult for everyone.

How much of the way my people act is from Just Stupid?
How much is from Brain Damage?

Does it matter? Brain Damage, Just Stupid, How stupid am I?
It is so hard for a fish to see water.

Bicycles in the Bathtub.
Orange.
2D.

Surrealism is another thing that is best when shared.
Not like Syphlilis! Syphlisis is an easy fix. If you find it to fix it.

Surrealism is not as easy to fix. Bicycles in the Bathtub are best in 2D.
Do it once. Make a Poster and keep it in the Bathroom.
That makes sense to me. Moving all those Bikes to take a bath everyday is too much trouble.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:04 am UTC

addams wrote:
Kit. wrote:
Red Hal wrote:
Tkun wrote:
davidstarlingm wrote:
addams wrote:So is cannibalism okay them?

Do it, again.

A blowjob could be described as "eating" some guy's long "pork"...
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

addams

Postby addams » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:13 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
addams wrote:
Kit. wrote:
Red Hal wrote:
Tkun wrote:
davidstarlingm wrote:
addams wrote:So is cannibalism okay them?

Do it, again.

A blowjob could be described as "eating" some guy's long "pork"...

Desert first?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Tkun

Postby Tkun » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:05 am UTC

project2051 wrote:Sure it's easy to eat lobsters over spiders. Lobsters are fairly large things that live on the bottom of the sea, and we rarely see until they are processed, cooked, and presented to us as food. Spiders on the other hand are those creepy crawly little things running around your house, obviously trying to do you in when you are not looking. And making a general mess in the basement.

Now if lobsters were allover your house acting like spiders you probably wouldn't eat them ether. Of course it would up things to a whole another level. Now: "Honey there is a spider in the bathroom." "I get a tissue." to "Honey there are lobsters in the bathroom." "I'll get the shotgun."

In this world we don't have lobsters acting like spiders but we have this giant terrestrial crab that can climb trees.
Spoiler:

Is that close enough for you? And this didn't stop people from eating it

orthogon

Postby orthogon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

Kit. wrote:

You know what they say: one swallow doesn't make ... [insert punchline here]

I've heard swallowing semen described as "like eating a raw oyster". But you could say that eating a raw oyster was like swallowing semen, depending which experience you tried first in life. Either way, it's high-end seafood of disputed deliciousness, which is almost back on topic.

Klear

Postby Klear » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:45 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:
Kit. wrote:

I've heard swallowing semen described as "like eating a raw oyster". But you could say that eating a raw oyster was like swallowing semen, depending which experience you tried first in life. Either way, it's high-end seafood of disputed deliciousness, which is almost back on topic.

That reminds me of this Cyanide and Happiness strip:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3a3wqdttt1r621qho1_500.png

DR6

Postby DR6 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

just brew it! wrote:
da Doctah wrote:

Other than the fact that bottled water in general is a scam,

That depends on the quality of the tap water available. Ideally it should be good enough for drinking, but in some places it isn't, so if you want to drink it has to be bottled.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:48 pm UTC

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that it's generally a scam (and even in places with unsafe tap water, buying small bottles is still a bit scammy, since it's ridiculously more expensive to do that than to buy large jugs of the stuff).
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

addams

Postby addams » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:
Kit. wrote:

I heard two women work out the caloric load.
I thought that was hysterical, once I figured out what they were doing.

We were taking a class together. We had to do a complete nutritional work up on ourselves. So, funny.
Oh. Where were you? In an alternate Universe? Which one?

Seafood? Really?
With all that Fructose?
I would think the Song of Solomon guys were more correct.

Fruit. Fructose=Fruit.
Not, Seamen=Sea Food.

Well....If you take the whole Seaman. Then we are back to 'Long Pork'.
If it comes from the Sea, it's Sea Food. Ask the Sharks.

Edit: oh. They figured it out. Like eating a small apple.
It changed the way I saw a small apple, for a while.

If you are well nourished, it should not make much difference.
The Apple. There is a thought. The Botany of Desire is a nice little book.
1/4 of the book is about Apple.

Volumes have been written about Apple and our collective relationship to The Apple.
Where is the Apple of your eye? In your eye? Good place for it.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Kit.

Postby Kit. » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:
Kit. wrote:

Oh yeah, an African swallow, maybe, but not a European swallow.

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

Gee. I just came from the universe where the Silly Party has been running the USA (and the UK) effectively for many years, under the leadership of Raymond Luxury Yacht, whose name is pronounced, "Throat Warbler Mangrove".

jpers36 wrote:

Like Christianity!

Or whatever religion/sect this one is from:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large . . ." (Book of Armaments 2:9ff)
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

orthogon

Postby orthogon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:32 am UTC

Kit. wrote:
orthogon wrote:
Kit. wrote:

Oh yeah, an African swallow, maybe, but not a European swallow.

I can't speak about their "airspeed velocity" [sic], but I imagine both species taste quite a lot like chicken.

da Doctah

Postby da Doctah » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:45 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:
Kit. wrote:Oh yeah, an African swallow, maybe, but not a European swallow.

I can't speak about their "airspeed velocity" [sic], but I imagine both species taste quite a lot like chicken.
George Carlin did a joke about one Thanksgiving replacing the traditional turkey with a swan. The punchline was that it didn't work out because the kids kept fighting over who was going to get the neck.

In our household it sparked a discussion of what roast swan would taste like. I offered the suggestion that it was probably a bit like flamingo, with just a hint of pelican.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:29 am UTC

What alternate universe do you inhabit, today?
That shit can change Fast!

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

anvocjfj

Postby anvocjfj » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:41 am UTC

I read "How to Eat Fried Worms" as a kid and have personally eaten things other people wouldn't touch (jellyfish, pig brain, activated charcoal - well, that one was a drink), so this comic doesn't faze me much.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:10 am UTC

addams wrote:What alternate universe do you inhabit, today?
That shit can change Fast!

I move from one alternate universe to another every moment. It never seems to stop.

The differences between them are tiny, but they accumulate very quickly. Why, the position of something like a photon can change by almost 300 million meters over just one second's worth of jumps.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:00 pm UTC

I am reading A Song of Ice and Fire, and Arya just attempted to eat the graveworm from the priests illusion skull, just to show him that she's not scared.

Arya would probably eat a lobster whole... alive.

Also, this:
Dog fighting lobster with a spoon.jpg

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”