1567: "Kitchen Tips"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

speising
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:54 pm UTC
Location: wien

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby speising » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:33 pm UTC

I'd call that an emergency, too. You can't really wait for an appointment with a doctor, or until next monday morning.

User avatar
Whizbang
The Best Reporter
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm UTC
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Whizbang » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:34 pm UTC

If you're anything like my brother, you may be tempted to just wrap your hand with a towel after slicing down to the bone while cutting limes for your alcoholic beverage and then hiding in the garage all afternoon so your mother doesn't discover you skipped school to drink with your friends in the garage all day.

This is actually optimal. Your mother will be so distressed to discover your inflamed and swollen hand she won't even bother punishing you for under-age drinking.

User avatar
Keyman
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:56 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Keyman » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:44 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:My microwave is digitally controlled and probably wasn't cheap. Even the highest end microwave here in the Netherlands don't have number buttons.
Here is the built in selection of a major online seller of this stuff. No number buttons at all. Not even on the EUR 668 ($753) model.

Wij gebruiken cookies. Melding sluiten
First I giggled when the only word I understood on a foreign-language page about ovens, was 'cookies'. (OK, so I don't get out much....) Have other languages adopted 'cookies' as a technical term, as opposed to using whatever word they have for cookies?
Nothing could be more ill-judged than that intolerant spirit which has, at all times, characterized political parties. - A. Hamilton

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:04 pm UTC

According to the links in the Languages section (in the menu) of the wikipedia article at least German, Danish and Russian use the same word. I didn't feel like checking much more.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
Eebster the Great
Posts: 3484
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:58 am UTC
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Eebster the Great » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:05 pm UTC

It sounds like you have different priorities. ERs here will treat anybody, but if you don't have an actual emergency it can take hours to get seen. They are supposed to only be for emergencies.

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby SuicideJunkie » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:21 pm UTC

But accidents seem to be a strict subset of emergencies, or can you name a counter example whcih requires A&E/ER/ED care?
Pregnancy.

If you're anything like me, you close your browser by sending a kill signal so that it recovers your tabs when you restart.
Instead, try using bookmarks.

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:25 pm UTC

Bookmarks require maintenance. If you just let the browser die upon shutdown this saves both on maintenance and sending kill commands.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby SuicideJunkie » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:30 pm UTC

I don't trust it to not shutdown cleanly when I do a soft restart, and both the power switch and wall outlet are too far away from my chair.

airdrik
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 3:08 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby airdrik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:41 pm UTC

If you're anything like me, you shut down your computer by unplugging it from the wall outlet. You can instead shut it down much quicker by either pushing the big button on the front of the case, or selecting Shut Down from the menu (location dependent on operating system). This also avoids the annoying beeping your UPS makes until the battery runs out.

User avatar
Eebster the Great
Posts: 3484
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:58 am UTC
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Eebster the Great » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:50 pm UTC

You can set your browser to recover tabs even after a normal close. That's what I do. It has nothing to do with bookmarks, just with picking up where you left off.

Silhalnor
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:19 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Silhalnor » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:03 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:If you're anything like me, you shut down your computer by unplugging it from the wall outlet. You can instead shut it down much quicker by either pushing the big button on the front of the case, or selecting Shut Down from the menu (location dependent on operating system). This also avoids the annoying beeping your UPS makes until the battery runs out.

I don't know... this sounds like more work to me. You can't even tell me where the Shut Down button is?


Household tip: Tired of buying so much toilet paper? Try unspooling the paper from the roll before using it. A single roll can last for multiple days that way, and it’s much easier on your plumbing.

I bet he unspools it all at once when he gets home, so it's draping the entire bathroom.

speising
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:54 pm UTC
Location: wien

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby speising » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:06 pm UTC

Eebster the Great wrote:You can set your browser to recover tabs even after a normal close. That's what I do. It has nothing to do with bookmarks, just with picking up where you left off.

Oh,an actually useful tip. Off topic here, of course.

User avatar
Whizbang
The Best Reporter
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm UTC
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Whizbang » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:07 pm UTC

I just finish up what I am doing before closing the browser.

User avatar
Flumble
Yes Man
Posts: 2264
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Flumble » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:09 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:If you're anything like me, you close your browser by sending a kill signal so that it recovers your tabs when you restart.
Instead, try using bookmarks.

"restore previous session on startup" still isn't the default in webbrowsers? :shock:

Silhalnor wrote:I don't know... this sounds like more work to me. You can't even tell me where the Shut Down button is?

Lifehack: on most devices the "on" button becomes an "off" button when it's already on. It's much easier than unplugging every device after use!

speising
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:54 pm UTC
Location: wien

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby speising » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:17 pm UTC

Silhalnor wrote:
Household tip: Tired of buying so much toilet paper? Try unspooling the paper from the roll before using it. A single roll can last for multiple days that way, and it’s much easier on your plumbing.

I bet he unspools it all at once when he gets home, so it's draping the entire bathroom.

Someone should make an unwrapping video of this.

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:24 pm UTC

Silhalnor wrote:
airdrik wrote:If you're anything like me, you shut down your computer by unplugging it from the wall outlet. You can instead shut it down much quicker by either pushing the big button on the front of the case, or selecting Shut Down from the menu (location dependent on operating system). This also avoids the annoying beeping your UPS makes until the battery runs out.

I don't know... this sounds like more work to me. You can't even tell me where the Shut Down button is?


Household tip: Tired of buying so much toilet paper? Try unspooling the paper from the roll before using it. A single roll can last for multiple days that way, and it’s much easier on your plumbing.

I bet he unspools it all at once when he gets home, so it's draping the entire bathroom.

Pro tip: some vacuum cleaners allow you to set them to blow instead of suck. You can install a toiletpaper holder on the end and have the paper unspool automatically
There was a videoclip of this but I cant find it.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
Whizbang
The Best Reporter
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm UTC
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Whizbang » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:27 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Pro tip: some vacuum cleaners allow you to set them to blow instead of suck. You can install a toiletpaper holder on the end and have the paper unspool automatically
There was a videoclip of this but I cant find it.


Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
keithl
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby keithl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:45 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:If you're anything like me, you shut down your computer by unplugging it from the wall outlet

Unplug it? There's an idea. I've always used cable cutters on the cord. That shuts down all the computers at once.

If you're anything like me, you are damned lucky to be alive.

Silhalnor
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:19 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Silhalnor » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:
Silhalnor wrote:I don't know... this sounds like more work to me. You can't even tell me where the Shut Down button is?

Lifehack: on most devices the "on" button becomes an "off" button when it's already on. It's much easier than unplugging every device after use!

Well, duh. Plug the microwave in and it turns on, unplug it and it goes off again. My desktop does it too.
I think my laptop is broken though. If I unplug it it takes, like, 7 hours to go off. Who ever heard of a 7-hour off button?? Ugh. And then when I plug it back in nothing happens. I always have to call tech support to turn it on again.

@speising I would love to see that!

nickthefool
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:35 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby nickthefool » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:37 pm UTC

Hafting wrote:And on boxes of frozen pizza, they actually print "Take the pizza out of the box & plastic before heating". It amazes me to imagine people who actually benefit from such advice.


I came across someone who didn't follow this advice once. He set the kitchen on fire. We laughed. A lot.

User avatar
pkcommando
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 pm UTC
Location: Allston, MA

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby pkcommando » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:44 pm UTC

If you're anything like me, you open your front door w/ C-4. Instead, try using the key and the doorknob. It's cheaper than buying new doors, and more C-4. It also saves you the time you'd otherwise spend answering questions from the police, the fire department, and your landlord.

melbrod
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:04 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby melbrod » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:21 pm UTC

You may find a family pet to be indispensable in maintaining the cleanliness of your kitchen floor and countertops. If you're anything like me, you will need to invest in a top quality unit with an heavy duty intake nozzle, large capacity holding compartment and high speed reaction times. These units can also serve as a backup for those times when your dishwasher is too full to bother to unload.

Unfortunately, there is some maintenance required for a "pet", but if you're anything like me, you can solve the waste disposal problem by allowing your unit to roam freely in the neighborhood, thus maintaining an ecologically sound environment of scattered material, rather than concentrating it all in one unsanitary pile. Your neighbors will thank you for your help in ensuring that their property is properly fertilized and their garden aerated regularly.

User avatar
Lee_Dailey
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 12:14 pm UTC
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Lee_Dailey » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:32 pm UTC

howdy y'all,

for those seeking one of the tp blower vids, lookee ...
Leaf Blower Toilet Paper Gun - YouTube
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-W_QzbC8FM

wheee! [*grin*]

take care,
lee

Zylon
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:37 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Zylon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:52 pm UTC

Looks like White Beret Guy forgot his hat for today's strip.

User avatar
Pfhorrest
Posts: 5478
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:13 pm UTC

Cousj001 wrote:...Elizabeth I; By the Grace of God, Queen of England, France and Ireland...

Wait, back up here. When was France ever under British rule?
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

User avatar
Quercus
Posts: 1810
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:22 pm UTC
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Quercus » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:35 pm UTC

Is there anyone else who now really wants to see whether their freezer will freeze itself completely solid if you fill it with water (well most of the way, otherwise it would burst)?

chompison
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 am UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby chompison » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:37 pm UTC

BILLY MAYES FROM THE AFTERLIFE, FORMERLY FOR OXICLEAN®™!

IF YOU'RE ANYTHING LIKE I WAS, QUENCHING YOUR THIRST THROUGHOUT THE DAY RESULTED IN RISING INTERNAL TOXICITY... BUT THERE'S A BETTER WAY!

ONLY DRINK FOOD GRADE CLEANING SOLUTIONS!

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:52 pm UTC

I laughed out loud at this one.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

xslogic
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:46 am UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby xslogic » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:35 pm UTC

speising wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:
Eebster the Great wrote:Aren't accidents just examples of emergencies? (At least the ones you would go to the hospital for?)

Maybe it's one of those redundant legal doublets like "null and void."


Accidents are unplanned occurrences; emergencies are things that require immediate action. There's overlap, but not exact equivalence. The treatment for most non-urgent accidental injuries is also pretty much the same as for a lot of emergency conditions.


No one claimed it was equivalent. But accidents seem to be a strict subset of emergencies, or can you name a counter example whcih requires A&E/ER/ED care?


Accidents are just that - things that are accidental that require urgent seeing to but aren't necessarily life threatening.

These would be things such as:
  • kids getting pans stuck on their head, (Though generally a doctors surgery may work in this case, if the surgery is closed A&E may be required)
  • banging heads on things and being checked over for concussion
  • getting a hand badly cut and requiring stitches
  • car accidents
  • broken arms or legs. (I went to A&E for a broken arm, for example, even though my doctors surgery was both open at the time and closer than the hospital)

Emergencies - life threatening:
  • heart attacks
  • serious car accidents
  • gunshots
  • stabbings

or less so, but still urgent
  • burns
  • smoke inhalation
  • fingers and other appendages getting cut off with the potential to stitch them back on)

There is overlap - but one is not a subset of the other.

JudeMorrigan
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby JudeMorrigan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:44 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
Cousj001 wrote:...Elizabeth I; By the Grace of God, Queen of England, France and Ireland...

Wait, back up here. When was France ever under British rule?

Edward III claimed the French crown. The French disagreed, which lead to the Hundred Years War. I think the English monarchs continued to include the crown of France in their titles all the way out to the creation of the United Kingdom even though they were pretenders the entire time.

rmsgrey
Posts: 3655
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby rmsgrey » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:If you're anything like me, you close your browser by sending a kill signal so that it recovers your tabs when you restart.
Instead, try using bookmarks.

"restore previous session on startup" still isn't the default in webbrowsers? :shock:


Sometimes the reason the previous session ended was because the browser was pointed at something unwise - and I'd rather not have my browser caught in an infinite Claudia Schiffer Naked loop...

JudeMorrigan wrote:
Pfhorrest wrote:
Cousj001 wrote:...Elizabeth I; By the Grace of God, Queen of England, France and Ireland...

Wait, back up here. When was France ever under British rule?

Edward III claimed the French crown. The French disagreed, which lead to the Hundred Years War. I think the English monarchs continued to include the crown of France in their titles all the way out to the creation of the United Kingdom even though they were pretenders the entire time.


France was never actively under British rule, but Henry VI of England succeeded to the French throne according to the terms of the Treaty of Troyes and ruled the north in practice as well as in theory until Joan of Arc turned things around.

Bear in mind that, until Richard Coeur de Lion and his ambitious brother John Lackland and the fallout from the Third Crusade cost them their French holdings, England was ruled by French lords - never actually poised to inherit the throne, but with ties to the French royal family. It's only after John's reign that we really had English Kings again - and Edward III's claim to the French throne was no weaker (if less successful) than Henry IV's to the English throne - and Henry V managed to win decisive victories in France that, legally, if not in practice, should have transferred the French crown into his hands too.

Considering that successions back then were based as much on strength of arms and force of personality as on actual legal rights, the real reason Edward III's claim as nephew of the deceased king was passed over in favour of the deceased king's cousin was that the French didn't like him - his claim was certainly strong enough that, had the right people liked him, he could easily have taken the throne "by right".

Muswell
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Muswell » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:43 pm UTC

Arguably, even EIIR rules a little bit of France. The Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey (i.e. the Channel Islands) are traditionally part of the Duchy of Normandy (the Loyal Toast is given as "La Reine, notre Duc" rather than "The Queen") and are the only part of William the Bastard's Norman holdings that Bloody Mary didn't manage to lose.

geometer
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:51 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby geometer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:33 pm UTC

...try drilling a hole in the side of your freezer, and inserting the hose. Now there is no need for all that door opening and closing. just turn on the water for ice!

User avatar
Eebster the Great
Posts: 3484
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:58 am UTC
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Eebster the Great » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:37 pm UTC

rmsgrey wrote:
Flumble wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:If you're anything like me, you close your browser by sending a kill signal so that it recovers your tabs when you restart.
Instead, try using bookmarks.

"restore previous session on startup" still isn't the default in webbrowsers? :shock:


Sometimes the reason the previous session ended was because the browser was pointed at something unwise - and I'd rather not have my browser caught in an infinite Claudia Schiffer Naked loop...

Well if the browser crashes or hangs, when you restart it it will ask you if you want to restore the tabs, and tell you which one caused the problem.

If it's just something you don't want to see . . . go to a different site? It can't be unseen anyway.

SAI Peregrinus
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:02 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby SAI Peregrinus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:24 am UTC

If you're anything like rmsgrey, you think closing your entire browser and restarting with a blank session is the way to close a single tab. Try Ctrl+W instead!

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5590
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:40 am UTC

Eebster the Great wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
cellocgw wrote:
ps.02 wrote:Did you know you can microwave something for more than 9 seconds? Simply press the number buttons, one after another, as though you were writing out a number from left to right. (This also explains why there is a "0" button, which you've probably wondered about.)


On the "actually true" side, didja know that you can punch in "99" and the microwave will run for 99 seconds? You've just saved a keystroke compared with punching in "1:39" :P

That is not true. Not for most microwaves I have seen apart from movies. I have no number buttons on my microwave. Only 2 rotary dials (one for power + time and one for function select(microwave, oven, grill, all permutations of those three and settings)) and 4 push buttons (OK, start, enter and previous).

The large majority of microwaves in the U.S. have buttons rather than dials. Even cheap microwaves under $40 all have buttons. When I search Google for microwaves, more than 95% have buttons. And every microwave I have ever used in my life has buttons, and whenever I have tried numbers between 60 and 100, it works just fine.

My newest one has a dial, the previous two had buttons to add particular increments, and the oooold one before those had a full set of numbers.

In Australia we have Emergency.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

RogueCynic
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:23 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby RogueCynic » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:16 am UTC

Hafting wrote:And on boxes of frozen pizza, they actually print "Take the pizza out of the box & plastic before heating". It amazes me to imagine people who actually benefit from such advice.


Urban myth(?): A woman bought a camper with cruise control. While driving down the highway, she set cruise control and went to the kitchen to make a meal. The vehicle went off the road and had a serious accident. She sued the manufacturer and now the driver's manual specifically states you cannot do what she did.
I am Lord Titanius Englesmith, Fancyman of Cornwood.
See 1 Kings 7:23 for pi.
If you put a prune in a juicer, what would you get?

RogueCynic
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:23 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby RogueCynic » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:20 am UTC

RogueCynic wrote:
Hafting wrote:And on boxes of frozen pizza, they actually print "Take the pizza out of the box & plastic before heating". It amazes me to imagine people who actually benefit from such advice.


Urban myth(?): A woman bought a camper with cruise control. While driving down the highway, she set cruise control and went to the kitchen to make a meal. The vehicle went off the road and had a serious accident. She sued the manufacturer and now the driver's manual specifically states you cannot do what she did. And why do coffee cups from McDonald's and coffee shops have a warning saying "Contents are extremely hot."?
I am Lord Titanius Englesmith, Fancyman of Cornwood.
See 1 Kings 7:23 for pi.
If you put a prune in a juicer, what would you get?

JetstreamGW
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 am UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby JetstreamGW » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:22 am UTC

cellocgw wrote:
HES wrote:
biohazard wrote:
Eebster the Great wrote:? And Emergency?

accident? just a guess

Accident and Emergency is the British equivalent of the Emergency Room. To us, ER refers to the Queen.


Little Known Fact: here in the US and A, there are no "Emergency Rooms." THey are ED, for Emergency Department. Popular lore and TV show titles notwithstanding.


I've been to hospitals that label it "Emergency Room" on their signage.

Story
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 pm UTC

Re: 1567: "Kitchen Tips"

Postby Story » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:11 am UTC

The second panel actually does apply to me. But that's because I decided that paper plates and plastic cups are so cheap that it's not worth getting permanent dishes and washing them all the time.


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mscha and 111 guests