1631: "Longer Than Usual"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Linux0s
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:34 pm UTC

1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Linux0s » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:51 am UTC

Image

Title Text: '--> [ Well, this is embarrassing. ] <--'

Click harder!
If the male mind truly were a machine it would consist of a shaft and a bushing.

drunken
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 am UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby drunken » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:11 am UTC

Perhaps I am missing something, or perhaps I am just stupid. Anyone know what this one is about?

It seems the be a sentence fragment, and some suggestions about what the following fragment could be. I don't see how it is amusing or interesting however.
***This post is my own opinion and no claim is being made that it is in any way scientific nor intended to be construed as such by any reader***

User avatar
eviloatmeal
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 am UTC
Location: Upside down in space!
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby eviloatmeal » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:18 am UTC

drunken wrote:I don't see how it is amusing or interesting however.

What's funny to me is the juxtaposition of different time scales: A problem like "Gmail is taking longer than usual" is on the order of "7 seconds is at the upper bound of how long you can be bothered to wait for a webpage to load", whereas the other solution is more on the scale of "sleep for 6-8 hours and then try again".

But but I think the intended humor might be something naughty.
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Image
Riddles are abound tonightImage

User avatar
orthogon
Posts: 3099
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:52 am UTC
Location: The Airy 1830 ellipsoid

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby orthogon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:27 am UTC

Is this better or worse than when a program suddenly ... terminates before you've finished with it?
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

User avatar
eviloatmeal
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 am UTC
Location: Upside down in space!
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby eviloatmeal » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:24 am UTC

That would fall in between the two scenarios - not as bad as "give up and go to bed", but certainly worse than "try refreshing".
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Image
Riddles are abound tonightImage

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:47 am UTC

And what about when a program decides to die during saving, killing the saved file with it (Yes I am looking at you, MS Word 2000-ish)?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
eviloatmeal
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 am UTC
Location: Upside down in space!
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby eviloatmeal » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:59 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:And what about when a program decides to die during saving, killing the saved file with it (Yes I am looking at you, MS Word 2000-ish)?

That's an entirely different part of the flowchart branching off of "defenestrate closest piece of hardware, unplugging optional".
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Image
Riddles are abound tonightImage

User avatar
cellocgw
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby cellocgw » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:57 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:And what about when a program decides to die during saving, killing the saved file with it (Yes I am looking at you, MS Word 2000-ish)?


Does the program also say "To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

(Hey, they rebooted Spock, so it sort of makes sense)

ETA: this is my 1369th post, which brings back memories of great jazz: http://www.1369coffeehouse.com/?page_id=2
resume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

Vir4030
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:56 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Vir4030 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:33 pm UTC

Had a similar incident happen last night. I decided to purchase three games last night on the PS4 store. One was a small one, so I figured I'd play that first while the others were downloading. When I decided to change titles, neither of the others were done, so I tried to pause one to finish the other quickly.

After a few minutes, it seemed to be taking too long and I decided just to go to bed.

Vir4030
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:56 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Vir4030 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:44 pm UTC

drunken wrote:Perhaps I am missing something, or perhaps I am just stupid. Anyone know what this one is about?

It seems the be a sentence fragment, and some suggestions about what the following fragment could be. I don't see how it is amusing or interesting however.


"This is taking longer than usual" is an error message you can get in GMail when the service is slow.

User avatar
eviloatmeal
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 am UTC
Location: Upside down in space!
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby eviloatmeal » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:47 pm UTC

Vir4030 wrote:I decided to purchase three games last night on the PS4 store.

Ignoring the fact that you're using a device which inherently exists solely for plug-and-play convenience, and neither getting plug nor play out of it, I still think you should have tried reloading gmail to see if that would have been a viable solution.
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Image
Riddles are abound tonightImage

rmsgrey
Posts: 3653
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby rmsgrey » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:26 pm UTC

eviloatmeal wrote:
Vir4030 wrote:I decided to purchase three games last night on the PS4 store.

Ignoring the fact that you're using a device which inherently exists solely for plug-and-play convenience, and neither getting plug nor play out of it, I still think you should have tried reloading gmail to see if that would have been a viable solution.


Consoles have strayed a fair way from being simple devices you just plug-and-play - somewhere around the point where they started booting into an OS rather than going straight into a game, they became specialist computers with other functions than just pure gaming...

User avatar
Echo244
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:49 am UTC
Location: Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping!

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Echo244 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 pm UTC

rmsgrey wrote:specialist computers with other functions than just pure gaming...


...specialist computers to connect you to some sort of media store and digital rights management system?
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

User avatar
eviloatmeal
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 am UTC
Location: Upside down in space!
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby eviloatmeal » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:59 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:...specialist computers to connect you to some sort of media store and digital rights management system?

Even that is faster and more convenient with a computer, and you're not stuck with just the one form of DRM - you can choose between Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc..

Or, of course, choose no DRM at all.
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Image
Riddles are abound tonightImage

JudeMorrigan
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby JudeMorrigan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:26 pm UTC

It's a double entendre. "This seems to be taking longer than usual" could be an error you get from gmail, or something that could happen between two consenting adults. Hence the two branches, as well as the extra double entendre in the title text.

User avatar
yakkoTDI
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:02 pm UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby yakkoTDI » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:13 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:specialist computers with other functions than just pure gaming...


...specialist computers to connect you to some sort of media store and digital restrictions management system?


FTFY

sotanaht
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:14 am UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby sotanaht » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 pm UTC

Vir4030 wrote:Had a similar incident happen last night. I decided to purchase three games last night on the PS4 store. One was a small one, so I figured I'd play that first while the others were downloading. When I decided to change titles, neither of the others were done, so I tried to pause one to finish the other quickly.

After a few minutes, it seemed to be taking too long and I decided just to go to bed.


Wait... since when does the PS4 even HAVE 4 games, let alone 4 one would be willing to purchase?

rmsgrey
Posts: 3653
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby rmsgrey » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 pm UTC

sotanaht wrote:
Vir4030 wrote:Had a similar incident happen last night. I decided to purchase three games last night on the PS4 store. One was a small one, so I figured I'd play that first while the others were downloading. When I decided to change titles, neither of the others were done, so I tried to pause one to finish the other quickly.

After a few minutes, it seemed to be taking too long and I decided just to go to bed.


Wait... since when does the PS4 even HAVE 4 games, let alone 4 one would be willing to purchase?


Doesn't it have a number of emulated PS2 games available?

UltraMeh
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:03 am UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby UltraMeh » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:31 pm UTC

I think it's a "That's what she said"-type joke, though it's a bit tenuous.

When someone says "This seems to be taking longer than usual-" that could be something innocent, like checking your gmail, or it could refer to some frustrated attempts at sexual release. Hence, when someone says such a thing when checking gmail, you could realise "that's what my SO said last night...", to which you replied "maybe we should just go to bed."

User avatar
Copper Bezel
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 am UTC
Location: Web exclusive!

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Copper Bezel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 am UTC

JudeMorrigan wrote:Hence the two branches, as well as the extra double entendre in the title text.

Which, to be clear, is another Google error message.
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow (>= XXII) but it is not going to be installed.

she / her / her

User avatar
ManaUser
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:28 pm UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby ManaUser » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:21 am UTC

"Well this is embarrassing" seems to refer to Firefox's message when you restart after a crash. (As well as a typical reaction to problems in bed.)

madaco
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:25 pm UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby madaco » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:46 am UTC

I still don't get it.

Is it a joke about erectile dysfunction?
I found my old forum signature to be awkward, so I'm changing it to this until I pick a better one.

OP Tipping
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:23 am UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby OP Tipping » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:03 am UTC

JudeMorrigan wrote:It's a double entendre. "This seems to be taking longer than usual" could be an error you get from gmail, or something that could happen between two consenting adults. Hence the two branches, as well as the extra double entendre in the title text.


That's what confuses me. That kind of "between two consenting adults error" would normally occur _after_ you've gone to bed.

It would make more sense if it said "go to sleep" rather than "go to bed".
a) Please explain the specific MEDICAL reason for ordering this MEDICATION !
b) Please state the nature of your ailment or injury.
c) One a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?
d) Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

User avatar
Pfhorrest
Posts: 5474
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:35 am UTC

madaco wrote:Is it a joke about erectile dysfunction?

I think the joke is that someone (probably the woman, I would think) is taking too long to orgasm, so they're saying let's give up trying and just go to bed instead.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

User avatar
orthogon
Posts: 3099
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:52 am UTC
Location: The Airy 1830 ellipsoid

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby orthogon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:36 am UTC

OP Tipping wrote:
JudeMorrigan wrote:It's a double entendre. "This seems to be taking longer than usual" could be an error you get from gmail, or something that could happen between two consenting adults. Hence the two branches, as well as the extra double entendre in the title text.


That's what confuses me. That kind of "between two consenting adults error" would normally occur _after_ you've gone to bed.

It would make more sense if it said "go to sleep" rather than "go to bed".

Yeah, I agree, but then we know that not all of Randall's characters associate sex with the bedroom.
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:30 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
madaco wrote:Is it a joke about erectile dysfunction?

I think the joke is that someone (probably the woman, I would think) is taking too long to orgasm, so they're saying let's give up trying and just go to bed instead.

Alternatively, you could combine "It's longer than usual" and "Go to bed" for a whole other dirty joke.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
Copper Bezel
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 am UTC
Location: Web exclusive!

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Copper Bezel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:24 pm UTC

ManaUser wrote:"Well this is embarrassing" seems to refer to Firefox's message when you restart after a crash. (As well as a typical reaction to problems in bed.)

Oh, right. Chrome's would be "Aw, snap! Something went wrong." Which is ... a slightly different image. = o
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow (>= XXII) but it is not going to be installed.

she / her / her

User avatar
orthogon
Posts: 3099
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:52 am UTC
Location: The Airy 1830 ellipsoid

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby orthogon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:48 pm UTC

Copper Bezel wrote:
ManaUser wrote:"Well this is embarrassing" seems to refer to Firefox's message when you restart after a crash. (As well as a typical reaction to problems in bed.)

Oh, right. Chrome's would be "Aw, snap! Something went wrong." Which is ... a slightly different image. = o

For some reason, that message really annoys me. It's partly because "snap" isn't even a pathetic bowdlerised expletive in British English, it's what you say in the eponymous card game when somebody places a matching card and, by extension, when matching objects or events appear in real life. The trouble is, if you're going to use colloquial language in your error messages, you're going to need finer granularity in your internationalisation. If you don't have the resources to do that, it's better to stick with "an error has occurred", which is cromulent in any dialect. Finally, it fits better with my mental model of the computer to have it talk to me in a reasonably formal or at least neutral manner, the way a soulless entity like a government body or personnel officer might write, whereas the pally slang-oriented messages fail to convince. And it particularly doesn't bear repetition as well, because a human would never use exactly the same interjection faced with repeated problems; there would probably be some degree of escalation followed by a general acceptance. Again, if you're going to invest the effort to make a convincing talker bot, then fine, but otherwise please keep it boring.
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

User avatar
eviloatmeal
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 am UTC
Location: Upside down in space!
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby eviloatmeal » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:03 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:Again, if you're going to invest the effort to make a convincing talker bot, then fine, but otherwise please keep it boring.

You wouldn't want Google's attempt at localization, though, would you?

"Ah, tits! Sumfink's not workin', innit?"

"Bloody hell, it's gone down the pan again!"

"Chuck it in the bin, mate. It's not coming back."
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Image
Riddles are abound tonightImage

User avatar
Echo244
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:49 am UTC
Location: Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping!

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Echo244 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:06 pm UTC

I'd be mildly surprised if Google's attempt at localisation wasn't based on trying to connect data about you from around the web, analyse your writing style, and then attempt to communicate with you in exactly the same writing style...
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

User avatar
eviloatmeal
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 am UTC
Location: Upside down in space!
Contact:

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby eviloatmeal » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:11 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:I'd be mildly surprised if Google's attempt at localisation wasn't based on trying to connect data about you from around the web, analyse your writing style, and then attempt to communicate with you in exactly the same writing style...

That would be extremely creepy. I think I would freak out if someone started talking to me in my "voice". I'd rather have the bad British, at that point.

"It's bloomin' broke! Smack the ol' F5, mate."
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Image
Riddles are abound tonightImage

Mikeski
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:24 am UTC
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Mikeski » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:27 pm UTC

eviloatmeal wrote:You wouldn't want Google's attempt at localization, though, would you?

Well, no. It'd probably give all of Minnesota that exaggerated speech pattern from "Fargo" (the movie, not the city.) "Daaa heck. What's goin' on derr?" "Oh yaaah. Dat ain't good." There really are Minnesotans who talk like that (including some of my relatives from "up north"), but it's a small minority of the population.

I'm sure it would be even worse in England, where, as I understand it, there's a new mutually-unintelligible accent every two-and-a-half kilometers.

Echo244 wrote:I'd be mildly surprised if Google's attempt at localisation wasn't based on trying to connect data about you from around the web, analyse your writing style, and then attempt to communicate with you in exactly the same writing style...

Thus far, I'm pretty sure none of my software is trying to speak to me in mikeskian... there aren't nearly enough run-on sentences, parentheticals, or ellipses for that.

KittenKaboodle
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:36 am UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby KittenKaboodle » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm UTC

Copper Bezel wrote:
ManaUser wrote:"Well this is embarrassing" seems to refer to Firefox's message when you restart after a crash. (As well as a typical reaction to problems in bed.)

Oh, right. Chrome's would be "Aw, snap! Something went wrong." Which is ... a slightly different image. = o

Not this image I hope.
Is there anything Randal has not done a comic about?

User avatar
Copper Bezel
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 am UTC
Location: Web exclusive!

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Copper Bezel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:24 am UTC

Ha! Oh, wow ... nice.

orthogon wrote:For some reason, that message really annoys me. It's partly because "snap" isn't even a pathetic bowdlerised expletive in British English, it's what you say in the eponymous card game when somebody places a matching card and, by extension, when matching objects or events appear in real life. The trouble is, if you're going to use colloquial language in your error messages, you're going to need finer granularity in your internationalisation. If you don't have the resources to do that, it's better to stick with "an error has occurred", which is cromulent in any dialect. Finally, it fits better with my mental model of the computer to have it talk to me in a reasonably formal or at least neutral manner, the way a soulless entity like a government body or personnel officer might write, whereas the pally slang-oriented messages fail to convince. And it particularly doesn't bear repetition as well, because a human would never use exactly the same interjection faced with repeated problems; there would probably be some degree of escalation followed by a general acceptance. Again, if you're going to invest the effort to make a convincing talker bot, then fine, but otherwise please keep it boring.

Cheek is not something someone wants to see at the moment of a frustrating and arbitrary-seeming crash, but I think Google's attempt to replace jargon with memes is not entirely wrong-headed. "He's dead, Jim" was funny the first time. Hmm.

"Well, this is embarrassing" seems a lot more honest and conciliatory, though, as is the "Something went wrong" part by itself. YouTube and Wordpress use the simpler formulation "Oops, something went wrong", and that seems the right mix of conversational honesty from the devs without attempting to be unbearably clever or in-jokey about it.

I don't think the neutral Voice of the Narrator option is actually altogether that neutral - it's still using the conceit that the program is itself actually "talking" to you, which is innately a little silly, where I think the #Comment-like error messages break that conceit down a little.
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow (>= XXII) but it is not going to be installed.

she / her / her

ps.02
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby ps.02 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:41 am UTC

At least it's not Bugzilla, which, to report an empty set of search results, tells you there are "zarro boogs found". It looks like a weak attempt at humor, but I've never figured out how, in any circumstance, it could be construed as funny. I imagine it's a developer in-joke and you "just had to be there". Or a pop culture reference?

User avatar
Copper Bezel
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 am UTC
Location: Web exclusive!

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Copper Bezel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:57 am UTC

Wikipedia says it's sort of an in-joke deriving from a self-reference thing, that like, the return is itself a "bug". The joke seems to not quite behave as intended.
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow (>= XXII) but it is not going to be installed.

she / her / her

Mikeski
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:24 am UTC
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Mikeski » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:02 am UTC

Yeah, I think most programmers would consider "typo or grammatical error in the output text" and "software bug" to be different error categories.* It's sort of a "bug for English majors", which annoys the CS majors. :wink:

* - I've played online games where user bug reports had different categories for gameplay bugs, graphics bugs, and/or "mere" typos.

User avatar
Copper Bezel
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 am UTC
Location: Web exclusive!

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Copper Bezel » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:14 am UTC

The trouble is, if textual errors are not bugs, then where do we file the report that the joke failed?
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow (>= XXII) but it is not going to be installed.

she / her / her

Mikeski
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:24 am UTC
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Mikeski » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:23 am UTC

Functionality error, display error, typographical error, aesthetic error? Yeah, that's too many categories.

User avatar
Steve the Pocket
Posts: 707
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:02 am UTC
Location: Going downtuuu in a Luleelurah!

Re: 1631: "Longer Than Usual"

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 pm UTC

One of my favorite creative UI things ever was way back in, I think it was HyperStudio, that we had to learn back in middle school. When something went wrong, the button to dismiss the error message wasn't "OK", but "Darn".
cephalopod9 wrote:Only on Xkcd can you start a topic involving Hitler and people spend the better part of half a dozen pages arguing about the quality of Operating Systems.

Baige.


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 110 guests