2017-06-19 Edit: If you fuck it up too badly, I'm going to fix your post and then change it so it looks like I wrote it in the first place.
RULES FOR POSTING A NEW COMIC'S THREAD
Much as we all think it's silly, it's apparently important to you guys to be the 'first to post the new comic', so if you do get a warm tingly sense of pride from being the guy who gets the thread up first, then you have my gentle sympathy. But nonetheless follow the rules:
- Title subject should always be: ####: "Comic Name"
[DIGIT][DIGIT][DIGIT][DIGIT][COLON][SPACE][QUOTATION MARK][COMIC NAME][QUOTATION MARK]
- See the title of every other thread for clues. Note capitalisation, correct spelling, etc. and include quotation marks! This is purely for aesthetic reasons. I am an aesthetic paerson.
- Use the following code for the image:where #### is the four-digit number of the comic, at least until Randall reaches comic #10,000. You'll also notice that it means you can click on the comic to take you to the correct webpage.
Code: Select all
- If you are unsure or unconfident about using BBCode... don't start a new thread. Someone else will within a minute of you, it seems.
- Write the title-text below. This is the text that pops up when you 'mouse-over' the comic.
- Provide some commentary below. This is a discussion after all... No point in just posting what's on the front page of xkcd.com and providing nothing else of value
- Don't start a blank thread just to be first. Not only is it a tiny bit pathetic, it's also annoying. Complete your thread before submitting it.
- If duplicates are made, only reply to the earliest one posted. The duplicates will be ruthlessly merged at some point, with no consideration given to disrupting the flow of conversation (hence why several threads have whiners going "waaaaah why are people posting in this thread and not the other?!").