0355: "Couple"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Re: "Couple" discussion

Postby Moo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:52 pm UTC

@bonzombiekitty, she has got to be messing with you. What are the chances?! However if not I second your "!!!!!"
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

bonzombiekitty

Postby bonzombiekitty » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:57 pm UTC

Moo wrote:@bonzombiekitty, she has got to be messing with you. What are the chances?! However if not I second your "!!!!!"

No, she's not messing with me. I asked her. I don't see any reason for her to lie. She looked generally confused when I mentioned XKCD.

Chromana

Postby Chromana » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:03 pm UTC

I recently got a new girlfriend. I was talking to my best friend at a party a few days afterwards (while waiting for my gf to get to the party to meet my friends for the first time). I was explaining about her and he suddenly asked if we were actually a couple. I said "yeah" (obviously) but he claimed that I hadn't changed my facebook status (which I hadn't) and so we weren't actually a couple!

Geez, facebook really is be all and end all. And what's worse is that my geekiness took over and I logged onto fb there and then on my phone, but unfortunately you cannot edit your profile on mobile devices :(

And then it's also so funny how as soon as I changed it people text me or write on my wall asking who the lucky (<-- naturally) girl is.

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:16 pm UTC

((that was not meant to be mean just amazed, sorry))
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Zifna

Postby Zifna » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:37 pm UTC

Maybe she has read it and she's just having you on. :)

Pseudo341

Postby Pseudo341 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:53 pm UTC

I think the only reason I filled in my relationship status is because there's not really any room for error in "married", at least not if you take your vows seriously. Otherwise I think I'd have just not bothered answering that question, if you haven't got your relationship status set to anything then you don't have to be worried about when's the right moment to change it.

I'm really quite shocked at the thought of someone changing a relationship status from being in a relationship to being single or complicated without having had a thorough discussion on the subject with the other person involved first, that's just outright cruel, if you break up with someone you do face to face, no excuses. Well I suppose I have to allow one excuse, if you're in separate countries and can't get to see each other for months then over the phone is acceptable, but even so they should alway be the first to know. If someone did that to me that would be the end of all communication of any kind, no staying friends or anything, someone who does that clearly has no respect for you at all. Scuse the rant, just got a bit put out by such bad behavoir.

banjthulhu

Postby banjthulhu » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:55 pm UTC

oddly enough at about 10:30 last night i had a conversation along those lines with a lady friend of mine minus the facebook status.

russianspy1234

Postby russianspy1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:19 pm UTC

OK, now do a comic about how girls will put "random play" or "whatever I can get" in their looking for field, and then get offended when you ask them for it. Really, with that, and girls putting that they are married to their best friend, I've pretty much started ignoring that section of profiles.

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:28 pm UTC

I know what you mean, russianspy1234, and I'm not one of them, but some people don't mean those settings in the sexual sense (which is stupid in my opinion but hey just playing Devil's advocate here).

MadHatter

Postby MadHatter » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:31 pm UTC

I loved this one :)
We have a German equivalent to facebook, where you have the following stati:
single
sag ich nicht (I'm not telling)
weiss ich nicht (I don't know)
in einer beziehung (in a relationship)
verliebt (in love)
verlobt (engaged)
verheiratet (married)
verzweifelt (desperate)

So what happened with my boyfriend was, when we first hooked up, he still had his status set to "desperate", as he had always had it..
So I asked him "Do I make you desperate?" Upon which he changed his status to "married" without telling me :) I thought that was really cute. (Also in German, both terms are similar "Verzweifelt" and "Verheiratet").

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:31 pm UTC

According to my facebook status, I dated my sister. I blame my sister, she basically put "dated" down for everyone's relationship, but it always amuses me to see "You dated (sister's name). You hooked up, and it got a little incestous."

On the other hand, facebook was how my sister first figured out I was in a relationship. Through my boyfriend's page, no less (I was slow updating). It was a wonderful MSN conversation.

"(boyfriend's name) HAS A GIRLFRIEND??"
"IS IT YOU??"
"IS IT YOU??"
~Kat

Domovoi

Postby Domovoi » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:55 pm UTC

Katastrophy wrote:
Domovoi wrote:Sex buddies: not a couple.

What if you're actually a couple who is having a rough period and technically broke up, but still want the sex?

Then you're not a couple any more.

Break-up-make-up couples: couples. Then not. Then couples. Then not.

I broke up/made up in under 24 hours sometimes, do you know how stupid it would have been to have to get confirmation every single time for that? When you break up and make up multiple times in 2 week period, it gets excessive. And not confirming it on someone end would have been a just cause for another fight. (Really bad relationship)

Why do you need confirmation from somebody?

And I sure didn't want to explain the nuances of every new break up to everyone on facebook.

Then don't. There's no need to put every detail of your personal life on Facebook.

Romeo and Juliet: not a couple.

Wasn't half the definition of this that they ARE in a relationship, and they ARE a couple, and just couldn't have it widely known?

They couldn't be together. I define that as not a couple. Your definition is completely up to you.

New relationship before the talk: not a couple.

Technically, you are a couple, just saying it early would look overly anxious.

Not to me.

Couples on a break: couple.

On a break means they technically AREN'T a couple anymore, and they may or may not want another relationship during that time.

No, it means they're still a couple, but are taking some time apart from each other. To me.

Couple with one person maybe getting a second chance: couple.

Sounds like they already broke up to me and aren't a couple, but considering becoming a new couple and therefore don't want people to see them as single.

I don't know what it 'sounds' like, but it was explicitly stated that one of them was considering giving the other a second chance instead of breaking up. No breakup means still a couple, to me.

Syka

Postby Syka » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:02 pm UTC

Katastrophy wrote:According to my facebook status, I dated my sister. I blame my sister, she basically put "dated" down for everyone's relationship, but it always amuses me to see "You dated (sister's name). You hooked up, and it got a little incestous."

On the other hand, facebook was how my sister first figured out I was in a relationship. Through my boyfriend's page, no less (I was slow updating). It was a wonderful MSN conversation.

"(boyfriend's name) HAS A GIRLFRIEND??"
"IS IT YOU??"
"IS IT YOU??"

Haha, I love sisters. When things with my boyfriend were still in the new stages (it was after the 6.30am night, only a few hours later), I decided to get it over with and let my sister know. She'd just woken up and it went something like this:

"I'm kind of dating Oz."
"*blink* What? Oz? As in, Other Zach?"
"Yes."
"What?! When did this happen?"
"Last night."
"*blinkshockawe*"

And the conversation Oz had with one of our mutual friends he lived with (who introduced us a while back) two days after I left:
"*turns to look at Oz, they're at their computers* Why didn't you tell me?"
"Tell you what? *confused*"
"About you and (my name)?"
"What? *still confused*" Our friend evidently thought we'd been quietly dating for a while and decided to leave him out of the loop. :roll:

Evidently our relationship confused our friends. Mainly because it kinda happened out of nowhere. :)

(Oh, and I got a deluge of questions from my friends when I changed my facebook status. Not so much with the Myspace, although a recent ex came out of nowhere saying he planned on visiting my school's town. :roll: )

Cheers,
Syka
wing wrote:...because xkcdians are so fucking odd that they're totally desensitized to "Gee, John Q Public thinks I'm dumb." and replaces it with "John Q Public is dumb."

NaNo 07: Stuck in the Middle-Won
NaNo '06: Mother Nature is Red- Won

Arkohn

Postby Arkohn » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:05 pm UTC

I swear to god, XKCD has been reading my mind lately. This and the long-distance relationship one both might as well have been made by me
Last edited by Arkohn on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:51 pm UTC

I broke up/made up in under 24 hours sometimes, do you know how stupid it would have been to have to get confirmation every single time for that? When you break up and make up multiple times in 2 week period, it gets excessive. And not confirming it on someone end would have been a just cause for another fight. (Really bad relationship)

Facebook requires the other person to confirm the relationship. It's not instantaneous, and it require some effort. Also, it's alot of effort emotionally.
And I sure didn't want to explain the nuances of every new break up to everyone on facebook.

Then don't. There's no need to put every detail of your personal life on Facebook.

Notifications that you changed your status tends to provoke questions, which are awkward after the 20th time.

All your rest was just "I don't consider that a couple." Which is lovely that you can see all your relationships in black and white terms like that. Those are all awkward conversations which are hard to explain and a lot more complicated than "We're dating". Most of them fall under either "We are having a rough period where we aren't seeing each other but still not available to see others" or "We will likely become a couple in the future, and therefore are not available to see others". Love is messy. Relationships are based on love, and are therefore also messy. I'm glad you've seen people who make it clearcut, but not every breakup is solid and obvious, and not every hook up is immediate. Some people just want the "it's complicated" status to give them a bit of leeway between when you're single, with no obvious SO in the future, and in a relationship with no end in sight. Both "Single" and "In a Relationship" have connatations attached to them that makes people stop and think before using them. Single implies there is no one else in your life. Not true in all of those cases. In a Relationship implies that you are with one person and want to stay with that person forever. Not true in several of those cases.

And honestly, what's wrong with a little ambiguity in your relationship status? Not everything needs to be clearly labelled, especially when it comes to something as personal as a relationship.
~Kat

Domovoi

Postby Domovoi » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:46 pm UTC

Katastrophy wrote:

Facebook requires the other person to confirm the relationship. It's not instantaneous, and it require some effort. Also, it's alot of effort emotionally.

Notifications that you changed your status tends to provoke questions, which are awkward after the 20th time.

Once again, I don't see the need to put details about your personal life on facebook. Especially considering relationships in their early stages.

All your rest was just "I don't consider that a couple."

Yes. I thought that was the question? I'm not sure what you intend to disprove here.

Which is lovely that you can see all your relationships in black and white terms like that.

Thinly veiled insults are fun.

Those are all awkward conversations which are hard to explain and a lot more complicated than "We're dating". Most of them fall under either "We are having a rough period where we aren't seeing each other but still not available to see others" or "We will likely become a couple in the future, and therefore are not available to see others". Love is messy. Relationships are based on love, and are therefore also messy. I'm glad you've seen people who make it clearcut, but not every breakup is solid and obvious, and not every hook up is immediate.

This is exactly why I wouldn't want to label the status of my relationships. It's vague, and not always so clear. And relationships, especially early ones, are too much fun to sit up and worry about wether your relationship in its current form fits some sort of label that you or somebody else defined yet.

And honestly, what's wrong with a little ambiguity in your relationship status? Not everything needs to be clearly labelled, especially when it comes to something as personal as a relationship.

This is what I've been saying this entire thread..?

bsx

Postby bsx » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:02 pm UTC

I, too, have no presence on Facebook or MySpace. I feel no need for either, nor do I have the time for them.

As for displaying the title attribute of xkcd comics, i prefer using a greasemonkey script I found: http://rephrase.net/box/user-js/scripts ... es.user.js

theyellowhobbit

Postby theyellowhobbit » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:30 pm UTC

lone_wolf wrote:I never got what "it's complicated" meant on facebook? Anyone care to explain.

It's what happened between me and your mom last night!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Right now I'm "it's complicated" with a friend of mine, because we decided that she was my "companion." I had a very interesting fictional harem during my senior year of college, though unfortunately it was never made up of anyone who I could actually do anything with. Mostly it was me becoming people's boyfriend [I'm female and straight, mind you] because I can sometimes do guy-like things like get rid of dead mice or unclasp bracelets (that friend and I had watched the Sex and the City episode where Samantha's boyfriend went away and she couldn't get her bracelet off by herself) and because I have good taste in jewelry. Then I had one female boyfriend, one gay boyfriend, and then my companion. etc.

I suppose if I ever get in a real relationship with a straight male I'd change my facebook status. The truth is that my companion actually has a boyfriend!
</complicatedness>
aleflamedyud wrote:I think you just made my "Impossible-But-Awesome-O-Meter" blow up.

OysterBurns

Postby OysterBurns » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:39 pm UTC

After a failed discussion like this, the "person I'm dating" (that's all we could settle on) and I both deleted the relationship info box on our profiles. I'm not putting it back up unless I get into something really serious.

TV4Fun

Postby TV4Fun » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:44 pm UTC

unbrokencircle wrote:Of course, using the phrase "friends with benefits" is kind of weird. I think that if you create a triangle with strong emotional relationship but no physical in one corner (1), strong physical relationship but no emotional in another corner (2), and strong emotional and physical relationship in the third corner (3) then you can begin to place the various labels. "Hook-up"/"fuckbuddy" would be in corner 2, a relationship would be in corner 3, and in corner 1 would be a friendship. For some people, friends with benefits is closer to corner 3 than corner 1. If you are physical very often, that is pretty close to a relationship, most people would say. But what do you call corner 3 without monogamy? An open relationship?

I see it more as a rectangular grid. On the X-axis is emotional connection, on the Y-axis is physical connection. At the origin would be total strangers, then on each axis you could define degrees of relationships up to a defined maximum. Of course, you could always define a triangle between the points that are maximum emotional, minimum physical, maximum physical, minimum emotional, and maximum of both, but this does leave half the grid ignored and leaves out situations where you may be somewhat good friends with someone but not best friends, or somewhat physical but not really hot and heavy, or a little bit of both but not ready to call it a relationship or even complicated yet.
$_[0] wrote:rule 2:
Once a relationship ends, physical access to all relevant machinery is denied.

Darksun

Postby Darksun » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:17 pm UTC

Please get out of my head, it's very disturbing :shock:

Me and my girlfriend had a similar situation (and conversation) near the beginning of our relationship (it was complicated because I wasn't sure I wanted to do a long distance thing - I decided it was worth it soon after). We were talking about it just 2 days ago.

The 'Far Away' comic the other day also perfectly reflected our situation at the time, I swear I'm being spied upon.

Syka

Postby Syka » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:59 pm UTC

TV4Fun wrote:
unbrokencircle wrote:Of course, using the phrase "friends with benefits" is kind of weird. I think that if you create a triangle with strong emotional relationship but no physical in one corner (1), strong physical relationship but no emotional in another corner (2), and strong emotional and physical relationship in the third corner (3) then you can begin to place the various labels. "Hook-up"/"fuckbuddy" would be in corner 2, a relationship would be in corner 3, and in corner 1 would be a friendship. For some people, friends with benefits is closer to corner 3 than corner 1. If you are physical very often, that is pretty close to a relationship, most people would say. But what do you call corner 3 without monogamy? An open relationship?

I see it more as a rectangular grid. On the X-axis is emotional connection, on the Y-axis is physical connection. At the origin would be total strangers, then on each axis you could define degrees of relationships up to a defined maximum. Of course, you could always define a triangle between the points that are maximum emotional, minimum physical, maximum physical, minimum emotional, and maximum of both, but this does leave half the grid ignored and leaves out situations where you may be somewhat good friends with someone but not best friends, or somewhat physical but not really hot and heavy, or a little bit of both but not ready to call it a relationship or even complicated yet.

I love this forum and how you can describe relationships in essentially mathematical terms. And I swear, I'm being completely serious. :)

Cheers,
Syka
wing wrote:...because xkcdians are so fucking odd that they're totally desensitized to "Gee, John Q Public thinks I'm dumb." and replaces it with "John Q Public is dumb."

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:45 pm UTC

I don't even bother with Facebook relationship statuses. Really awkward and too much a rich source of potential online humiliation, given my not-so-shiny dating history. Perhaps someday I may change my status to "in a relationship" but I will not be linking to anyone's profile.

Also, my little sister is on Facebook.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 am UTC

Moo wrote:All of the following situations may not want to put "in a relationship" (on facebook or just in their heads or in conversations) because the other person may not feel the same yet or be freaked out by it; but putting single says to the other person you aren't interested and may also invite unwanted attention from others.

Maybe you see a picture of her on the cover of Time Magazine, and fly to Peru to see her. You ask a man at the bar about the girl on the cover and he tells you that the girl is el presidente's daughter, and is a terrorista in las montagnas a Chuquibambilla. So you take a bus through mountains, and your head is pounding. But you arrive in a villa, surrounded by guerillas. She takes you in her arms and asks you how you've been, and says "oh, but i'll see you again". And the next thing you know your in a coffin under an altar to the east of Machu Pichu. So you go down the riverside and cry. That's complicated.

Or maybe you're a robot who is dating his primary method of transport, which is clearly against company policy. It gets weird, because though your both items, are you both an item? That's complicated.

amnesiacs.inc

Postby amnesiacs.inc » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:47 am UTC

Randall hasn't been reading anyone's minds...I clicked on a link on my Google homepage, and noticed a link to this article at the top of the page... http://features.us.reuters.com/techlife ... 88271.html

bonzombiekitty

Postby bonzombiekitty » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:12 am UTC

ah feck. It just changed from "it's complicated" to "it's nothing at all".

Syka

Postby Syka » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:16 am UTC

amnesiacs.inc wrote:Randall hasn't been reading anyone's minds...I clicked on a link on my Google homepage, and noticed a link to this article at the top of the page... http://features.us.reuters.com/techlife ... 88271.html

"If Facebook can certify a relationship, it can also destroy one. Ellison in her research learned of one young couple in a "Facebook-worthy" relationship. But he cheated with a young woman who naturally looked up his Facebook profile. When she saw he had an "official" Facebook girlfriend, she contacted the other woman."

This was one of the last paragraphs in the article. That is the very reason why I felt justified being just as angry with the girl my ex cheated with as I was at him. Because I knew she was friends with him on Facebook and must have seen the "In a Relationship With", along with the fact that I was very obviously a girl from the fact that I commented him many times and had my picture up.

But then, I never had a chance to enact revenge of any sort, seeing as he lives 1000 miles away.

Probably a good thing. ;) I still laughed when I read that paragraph.

Cheers,
Syka

scarletmanuka

Postby scarletmanuka » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:54 am UTC

I'm another one who has never so much as visited either Facebook or MySpace. Of course, by the time (Wikipedia tells me) that MySpace was launched I was already married and we'd just had our second child, so I suppose I didn't really have much need for a social networking site by then.

Vasily

Postby Vasily » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:20 am UTC

I liked this one!
And no, I'm not in a complicated relationship, so it didn't fit me. :)

p.s:
The facebook galleries now work with ajax so only the image is refreshed and it looks speedy.
Firefox 3 by default shows the full alternative text when hovering over with a mouse.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:28 am UTC

bonzombiekitty wrote:ah feck. It just changed from "it's complicated" to "it's nothing at all".
They've been reading xkcd?
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

torritorri

Postby torritorri » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:49 am UTC

*sigh* Mr. Munroe, please get out of my mind.

I am currently using "It's Complicated". Me and my gf had a big fight and idk if we'll break up or not.

And it hurts like hell...when I first read the comic I literally jumped back in my chair.
AndreGiant wrote:Alien vs. Predator vs. Transformers vs. Jason Bourne vs. Terminator vs. half the cast of 300 vs. Agent Smith, on a plane, in space.

Jesster wrote:Jason Bourne would win in seven and a half minutes.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:04 am UTC

I see no need for social networking sites, but then again I'm not very social anyway. :P

Vasily wrote:Firefox 3 by default shows the full alternative text when hovering over with a mouse.

Isn't that still in beta ATM? I need to check it out one of these days...

LittleMikey

Postby LittleMikey » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:33 am UTC

thethirdmoose wrote:Image4
Alt Text: Facebook defines relationships. 'Yeah, we would have broken up last night, but the net connection was down.'

http://xkcd.com/355/

Looks like General Error is here to mess with me :(
EDIT: Looks like General Error sent out the Triple Post Troops...
And, now that I can finally see the comic, I can't actually ever see this happening to me (unlike most of Randall's comics).
I mean, who really wants "It's complicated" anyways?

That first frame, I had EXACTLY the same moment with my last girlfriend (needless to say it didnt work out). And she reacted kind of the same way. Its all the same exept for the alt text.

siren

Postby siren » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:37 am UTC

My college boyfriend and I used ending our facebook relationship to let people know we were broken up, because we didn't really want to talk about it*. We also really wanted to see what happened when you canceled a relationship. We were both kind of hoping it sent someone a friendly message about how the other person has canceled your significance in their life. No such luck.

*The problem with this is twofold. When people see your facebook relationship change, they ask you about it. And when you have friends or roommates who don't have facebook, it takes them a few days to get the message. There were people who just didn't know we'd broken up.

Griffin

Postby Griffin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:53 am UTC

Luckily, my friends have finally gotten the hint, that nothing will ever be up to date on my facebook page. I actually have no idea what my relationship status is on facebook at the moment (though I'm reasonably sure in real life).

I mostly just use facebook as a more convenient alternative to e-mail or IM for talking to friends... but then, I was never the type to have an AIM profile either.
Bdthemag: "I don't always GM, but when I do I prefer to put my player's in situations that include pain and torture. Stay creative my friends."

Bayobeasts - the Pokemon: Orthoclase project.

terribleCabbage

Postby terribleCabbage » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:31 pm UTC

I want, nay, need the third panel on a shirt. Now.

Eleyras

Postby Eleyras » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:37 pm UTC

siren wrote:My college boyfriend and I used ending our facebook relationship to let people know we were broken up, because we didn't really want to talk about it*. We also really wanted to see what happened when you canceled a relationship. We were both kind of hoping it sent someone a friendly message about how the other person has canceled your significance in their life. No such luck.

*The problem with this is twofold. When people see your facebook relationship change, they ask you about it. And when you have friends or roommates who don't have facebook, it takes them a few days to get the message. There were people who just didn't know we'd broken up.
My friends being on LJ, I used that much the same way. "I broke up with him. This shit was wrong with the relationship. Bye."

This is useful, because the most painful part of a breakup IMO is not the actual breaking up, it's EVERY SINGLE FRIEND needing to ask you to tell the whole story. Rehashing it 10 times in the space of about two days. In those two days, I usually have an average of 3 IM windows open, maybe only one of which is with a friend I actually want to talk to at the moment. If you say "Sorry, not sharing," they'll usually go all concerned over you, and then there are more issues. This is why I was so grateful I left on a 1week trip 3 days after breaking up with my ex. Only one person on the trip even knew I was dating him, and she had the decency to respect my privacy.
At some point, I will remember to sig quotes I find amusing or something.

...once I stop laughing.

zenten

Postby zenten » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:48 pm UTC

"It's complicated" predates Facebook by a rather huge margin. Complaining that Facebook uses it is rather silly.

Chromana

Postby Chromana » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:02 pm UTC

I haven't read EVERY comment, but has anyone noticed the heart in the 4th panel between the guy's arm and the bed sheets?

Edit:
"It's complicated" predates Facebook by a rather huge margin. Complaining that Facebook uses it is rather silly.

Yes, that has been used by me in the past. Now I'm happily "In a relationship" :)

TV4Fun

Postby TV4Fun » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:14 pm UTC

Chromana wrote:I haven't read EVERY comment, but has anyone noticed the heart in the 4th panel between the guy's arm and the bed sheets?

Yes, several people.
$_[0] wrote:rule 2:
Once a relationship ends, physical access to all relevant machinery is denied.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”