0211: "Hamster Ball Heist"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Tractor

Postby Tractor » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:05 pm UTC

tylerni7 wrote:I'm sure if we all got together and donated a couple bucks we could get xkcd a giant hamster ball...

It's probably a better place to donate than for the purpose of a mini pirate country. (As awesome as it would be)

You're forgetting something - you don't donate for a mini pirate country, you pillage for a mini pirate country.
9 x 6 = 42

Note: Randall kicks ass.

frezik

Postby frezik » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:27 pm UTC

But the question is: can a giant hamster ball save you in case of a velociraptor attack?

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:29 pm UTC

Well... it could certainly move pretty fast once you have practice... and would be one hell of a thing to get crashed into by. I dont see why not, aslong as rips dontabsolutely destroy it
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

Tractor

Postby Tractor » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:40 pm UTC

frezik wrote:But the question is: can a giant hamster ball save you in case of a velociraptor attack?

Inflatable ones (which appear to be the most common, probably due to space required to store a giant hamster ball), no. Hardened versions have potential, but it depends on the raptor. If the raptor gets smart and rolls you off a cliff, you may have a problem.
9 x 6 = 42

Note: Randall kicks ass.

kingkael

Flaming Lips Concert

Postby kingkael » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:15 am UTC

At the Flaming Lips concert I went too, it took forever to inflate Wayne's hamsterball. (Or space bubble, as he called it.) The whole crowd was just waiting and waiting. It was worth it, though.

Kin

Postby Kin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:03 pm UTC

Yes, yes YES! Teh Revival of my favorite comic yet! :)

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:50 pm UTC

I'm sure if we all got together and donated a couple bucks we could get xkcd a giant hamster ball...

Please don't.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

SarahLiz

Re: Flaming Lips Concert

Postby SarahLiz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:04 pm UTC

kingkael wrote:At the Flaming Lips concert I went too, it took forever to inflate Wayne's hamsterball. (Or space bubble, as he called it.) The whole crowd was just waiting and waiting. It was worth it, though.

Zorbs only take about five minutes to inflate if you have a good leafblower apparently.

Sufimoru

Postby Sufimoru » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:11 pm UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:Also, everyone should go out and listen to "Tangerine" by the Flaming Lips. Awesome song.

Isn't this song also known as "She Don't Use Jelly"? Ben Folds Five did a cover of it.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:29 am UTC

Sufimoru wrote:
Twasbrillig wrote:Also, everyone should go out and listen to "Tangerine" by the Flaming Lips. Awesome song.

Isn't this song also known as "She Don't Use Jelly"? Ben Folds Five did a cover of it.

I would assume so. It's one of the lines. :D

Really good, no?
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

Sufimoru

Postby Sufimoru » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:21 am UTC

It is. It's got to be my favorite song on Whatever and Ever Amen.

Maybe I should look into the Flaming Lips.

Also, Twasbrillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

Jabberwocky is like, my favorite poem ever. I even memorized it two years ago. Not only that, but "Sufimoru" is an anagram of "Frumious," with a supposed surname of "Schnabatdern" ("Bandersnatch).

In short, iloveyouletmecarryyourbabieskthx.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:13 am UTC

Hehe. I'm gonna go host a poll to see what % of people have or have not memorized it.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”