0400: "Important Life Lesson"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

juri

Re: "Important Life Lesson" Discussion

Postby juri » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:02 pm UTC

My best, worst "shuffle all + sex" moment:

Den Glider In, the ice hockey world championship 1995 victory song composed for the Swedish team, later stolen by the Finnish team after they won the tournament. I started giggling hysterically before the other party realized what was going on when the computer started playing "den glider in, den glider in, den glider in i mål igen" during the act (Swedish, English translation being "it glides in, it glides in, it glides in the goal again".)

It took a while to recover. And I hate that song anyway.

chris_s

Postby chris_s » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:07 pm UTC

I had an a capella recording of the Gummi Bear's theme song come on once. Not cool.

spartagus

Postby spartagus » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:11 pm UTC

mrbaggins wrote:For the hand on head thing...

Every girl I've ever been with has sworn that if a guy so much as touches their head, it's off.

Meanwhile, I've never had hands on my head when I've been busy. Maybe I don't need the help? >.>

About the comic:
It seems she enjoys their new sex themesong.

That's because it's terribly unpleasant to have a hand on your head, knowing that with an accidental(and it rarely is ever truly accidental) amount of pressure you're going to be incredibly uncomfortable, and most likely pissed off.
And a girls hand's on your head rarely has anything to do with help.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:42 pm UTC

spartagus wrote:

Every girl I've ever been with has sworn that if a guy so much as touches their head, it's off.

Meanwhile, I've never had hands on my head when I've been busy. Maybe I don't need the help? >.>

About the comic:

That's because it's terribly unpleasant to have a hand on your head, knowing that with an accidental(and it rarely is ever truly accidental) amount of pressure you're going to be incredibly uncomfortable, and most likely pissed off.

Now, I'm no expert (Read, person who has ever been on a date, even)
But that just strikes me as exccedingly rude.
Performing Oral sex is a service, one in which the Serviced must invest some faith in the one doing the action itself.
Putting your hand there is a sign of complete lack of faith, that you are telling them what to do, which reduces the action from a service done out of consideration or affection, into one done under instruction (or indeed, duress)

Of course, this is fine if they feel they need instruction, indeed, before or after the act you could inform them of this need, their response being a matter of your relationship, and thus, not relevant in this opinion.

Basically, just let them go however, however terrible it may be, Of course, stop them if you feel it's necessary, but it's like someone's cooking you dinner or cleaning your house, if you hang around next to them, even if you're quite satisfied with how they're doing, it feels like your evaluating them. Should you attempt to guide them, you might as give them a backhand and tell the to stop f*cking up your dinner.

But that's just my 2 chaste cents.

TL;DR, If you sit back and enjoy, it's good clean fun. If you put your hand there, you're raping their face (Exaggerated for paraphrasing of course... RTFP)

Regarding the comic, I feel like this one is written from the perspective of personal experience, if so, this is tragic... but also hilarious.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

UltramaticOrange

Postby UltramaticOrange » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:10 pm UTC

...been there...

...made that mistake...

Oh, and don't forget the, "You're fuckin' beautiful" fas paux.

jwfold

Postby jwfold » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm UTC

the first thing i thought when i read this was that easily 60% of the readers of this comic are high school or college virgins. i don't know why i thought that so funny, but i did. now i'm an awful person....go on....chastise me

captainoblivious

Postby captainoblivious » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:17 pm UTC

Drostie wrote:I was going down on a gal once when the Violent Femmes song "Blister in the Sun" came on. If you don't know Blister in the Sun, the moment you hear the opening line, you are morally obligated to slap a flat surface in two pairs of sixteenth notes, to go with the upcoming snare drum beat.

She patted my head in time with the snare drum beat, which caused me to start laughing uncontrollably, which caused me to snarf a pube, which caused a modest amount of choking followed by more laughing.

That is the most adorable thing I have ever heard.

I have the Power Rangers theme AND two versions of the Lumberjack Song (the other, a live version done in German). So of course, I realized very early on that "shuffle all" was wildly inappropriate for sex. And, actually, most of the time. I play by albums these days.

Meanwhile, speaking of rickrolling, I was trying to set up E-mail sub-accounts for my co-workers on RoadRunner the other day. Right there on the austin.rr.com homepage was a poll that read:

Rick Astley would never:
[]Give you up
[]Let you down
[]Run around and desert you
[]Make you cry
[]Say goodbye
[]Tell a lie and hurt you

"God damn it!" said I, "I've been rickPOLLED!" I took a picture of it, but I left it at the office and I'm sick today. When I get it, I'll just edit this post to put it up.
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased. Thus we refute entropy."
-Spider Robinson

aghagh

Postby aghagh » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:22 pm UTC

I just signed up to say that this little side discussion about whether or not it's "socially acceptable" for a man to put his hand on a woman's head while she's giving him oral sex has seriously shaken my confidence in the kinkiness of nerds. Of course it's not "socially acceptable." Oral sex itself isn't "socially acceptable," so of course neither is grabbing a girl by the hair and ramming your cock down her throat. That's no reason not to do it. I'm aware that some girls don't like that sort of thing. Quite possibly most girls. And all you guys who worry about which sexual acts are "socially acceptable" can have all the good clean fun you want with those girls. I'll be getting dirty with the ones who like having their faces fucked.

jwfold wrote:the first thing i thought when i read this was that easily 60% of the readers of this comic are high school or college virgins. i don't know why i thought that so funny, but i did. now i'm an awful person....go on....chastise me

Oh yeah. You're probably right. That would explain the, uh, innocence in this thread. Which I've just completely ruined forever.

space_raptor

Postby space_raptor » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:33 pm UTC

This is why it's even more frustrating to be having sex with the radio on.
The drinking will continue until morale improves.

spartagus

Postby spartagus » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:34 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:
spartagus wrote:

About the comic:

Performing Oral sex is a service, one in which the Serviced must invest some faith in the one doing the action itself.
Putting your hand there is a sign of complete lack of faith, that you are telling them what to do, which reduces the action from a service done out of consideration or affection, into one done under instruction (or indeed, duress)

Of course, this is fine if they feel they need instruction, indeed, before or after the act you could inform them of this need, their response being a matter of your relationship, and thus, not relevant in this opinion.

Basically, just let them go however, however terrible it may be, Of course, stop them if you feel it's necessary, but it's like someone's cooking you dinner or cleaning your house, if you hang around next to them, even if you're quite satisfied with how they're doing, it feels like your evaluating them. Should you attempt to guide them, you might as give them a backhand and tell the to stop f*cking up your dinner.

TL;DR, If you sit back and enjoy, it's good clean fun. If you put your hand there, you're raping their face (Exaggerated for paraphrasing of course... RTFP)

Regarding the comic, I feel like this one is written from the perspective of personal experience, if so, this is tragic... but also hilarious.

Ok, well, look at it this way. If you're into guys-having a guy shove you his dick further into your throat isn't a pleasant experience, no matter how good your gag reflex could be. Most guys, however, find this hilarious and necessary, because they are assholes.
And, if you're into girls, usually a hand on the head isn't for hardcore guidance, thats what words are for(although I guess it could be used for guidance)-it's for something to hold on to.
And, really, you might as well give directions when you're the one being "Serviced", because what's the fun if you don't? Would you rather have one or two crappy nights, a discussion and then the best sex you've ever had, or a relationship full of bad sex because no one was brave enough to speak up? Sloppy oral sex isn't sexy, isn't pleasuring, and is really just uncomfortable.

robg54

Postby robg54 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:40 pm UTC

My girlfriend usually prefers my hand there and quite often gets really into it. She doesn't mind a little pushing on my part.

Heck, she'll often push it a little farther than she can handle on purpose:)

Quite a good GF:)

cORilliEN

Postby cORilliEN » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:43 pm UTC

"...but there's no use crying over every mistake
We'll just keep on trying till we run out of cake...."

So is that what they're calling it these days? Or is that just the icing on the cake? Too far?

masterroller720

Postby masterroller720 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:44 pm UTC

This has happened to me quite a bit in the last month, most of which were just rap songs that i was embarrassed about having but some were great. and for the sake of entertainment, here is a list of a few funny ones:

Bitches - Mindless Self Indulgence
Bitches - Hollywood Undead
Star Wars Gangster Rap - MC Chris
Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy
Fat Bottom Girls - Queen (i think she was insulted)
Michael - Franz Ferdinand
The Kill Bill Theme -Tomoyasu Hotei
Bring the Ruckus - Wu-tang Clan
God Loves Ugly - Atmosphere
Beast and the Harlot - Avenged 7fold
The captain Picard Techno song
Thunder Horse - Deathklok
You touch my tra la la - Gunther (why this may be on subject, it is not a song to admit to having on your ipod)

also, as a man, i shouldn't have Aqua on my ipod.

apeman5291

Postby apeman5291 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:46 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Why is her arm that of a cookie monster?

I thought this too, at first. I think it's just the fold of the sheets that makes it look like she has very hairy hands. I though Chewbacca, personally.

This has never happened to me, but I think the worst song in my playlist possible to come on would be either any of my extensive metal collection, or some random movie theme song (I collect them). Maybe the best would be Ying Yang Twins - Pull My Hair, or Peaches - F*** the Pain Away.
What you don't understand, you can make mean anything.

an axe murderer

Postby an axe murderer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:49 pm UTC

jwfold wrote:the first thing i thought when i read this was that easily 60% of the readers of this comic are high school or college virgins. i don't know why i thought that so funny, but i did. now i'm an awful person....go on....chastise me

I wish XKCD had existed when I was in high school. The mere fact that it has females in it at all would have given me more hope for my future than I usually had at the time.

About the Rick Rolling, obviously you people are too young to remember the era when people were seriously turned on by Rick Astley. I didn't get laid in 8th grade, of course, but if I would have been the kind of person that got laid at that age, "Never
Gonna Give You Up" would probably be *required* music for seducing the girls we had around back then.

And btw, yes, I did register just to post this.

Semidi

Postby Semidi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:54 pm UTC

SolkaTruesilver wrote:
Semidi wrote:This has happened to me--twice. The first song was, I think, Fraggle Rock, and the second song was The Laughing Gnome by David Bowie. Both times, fun time was interrupted by unstoppable laughter. I was sad. Complete mood killer... Now I make carefully selected mixes depending on the type of sex.

All right, you've struck my curiosity:

- What are your "types of sex" you are referring to, and what do you think is the appropriate music for each one of them?

Rough\kink(though not always stuck together) - Industrial, some heavy metal (must be very selective), alternative, some goth rock. Genitorturers and Lords of Acid are must haves.
Passionate - Mostly her music, though some of mine makes it in some post-punk, some industrial, goth rock, classical/other genres, electronic, and slower rock/ballads. Peter Murphy, Dead Can Dance, and Joy Division are must haves.
Casual\quickie - Why bother putting on music? “Faster, faster! We need to go in ten! No don't bother with the shirt...”

It's really a very selective process as I don't want to pick something like A Perfect Circle because it was her ex- favorite band. Yeah. Probably not very informative, but I'm not about to list every song. Well I would but I have to go in three minutes ago.

Admittedly I have to resist the urge to slip in some Iron Maiden. I don’t think The Trooper is very sexy... But it’s hard to have a mix without Iron Maiden.
"If you can't imagine how anyone could hold a view you are attacking, you just don't understand it yet."

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:58 pm UTC

an axe murderer wrote:I didn't get laid in 8th grade, of course, but if I would have been the kind of person that got laid at that age, "Never
Gonna Give You Up" would probably be *required* music for seducing the girls we had around back then.

XD

It's probably just me, but I'd probably go along with it happily if my boyfriend was trying to seduce me via rickroll. For the lulz.

And I lol'd at the comic. :mrgreen:
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

lalalorz

Postby lalalorz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:04 pm UTC

sooooooooooooooo this one time
were doing it and some like bowchickawowwow song is on and then it changed to "one is the lonelest number" and so we just kinda stomached our way through it
but then... the WHOLE mama mia sound track started
just as i was geting up to change it ( u cant fuck to mama mia) my screen saver started.... which is a ton of drunk pictures of me as a maid singing and dancing

not the best sex
-Lora<3

lalalorz

Postby lalalorz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:08 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:
spartagus wrote:

About the comic:

nu huh no way! hand on the head is "oh yea baby dont stop ima just pull your hair a little so i dont fly away cause this is so good"

and... i like the guys hand on my head.... i hate that other girls dont because guys never do it now:(
-Lora<3

cjbnc

Postby cjbnc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:21 pm UTC

Given the apparent activity in the cartoon, I'd have to say the worst possible shuffle in my collection would be "Fish Heads" by Barnes and Barnes, off a Dr. Demento collection.

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

hehehe

dianagram

Postby dianagram » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:25 pm UTC

All this Monty Python talk, and no reference to "Sit on My Face" ???

And yes. as a gal, I've put my hand on the other's head just cuz I wanted more physical contact with them.

And yes, I signed up for membership based on this panel.

And yes, I also congratulate Comic #400!
"I reject your reality ... and substitute my own!"
- Adam Savage, "Mythbusters"

JorickHorn

Postby JorickHorn » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:37 pm UTC

Austin Powers soundtrack:
"Come 'ere, I'm gonna EAT YA! I'm bigger than you are, I'm higher in the food chain! GET IN MAH BELLY!"
That's my hat! She took my hat!

JorickHorn

Postby JorickHorn » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:47 pm UTC

You got me. It's not my fault. I hope.
That's my hat! She took my hat!

isamaru

Postby isamaru » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Speaking of monty pythons and no one mentions this?
And yes, I too did register just to post this.

kaellinn18

Postby kaellinn18 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:07 pm UTC

I think the best example of this that has happened to me personally is when the Trogdor theme song came on.

tradiuz

Postby tradiuz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:16 pm UTC

Depending on the person you're with, Lords of Acid could be a terrible mood killer.
All My Mushrooms wrote:I'm practicing abstinence until someone offers me sex.

Zuntrios
Location: Currently buried in the latest game I'm programming.

Postby Zuntrios » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:21 pm UTC

Yeah. I haven't had that happen during the act, but I have had one of those moments. There was a girl, who I was interested in, she knew I wanted her, and she just wanted to be friends. Well, we were going to go do whatever, you know, just hang out with some of our other friends, and she needed a ride. So, I picked her up. I had been listening to one of my classic rock CD's, and turned it off, so we could talk on the way about what we were all going to do. Well, about halfway there, we ran out of things to talk to, so she reaches for the volume switch. All of a sudden, "I want you to want me." starts coming out of the speakers... Needless to say, considering the situation, we had a very awkward rest of the day... In fact, we are actually no longer friends now... But, yeah. I always turn off the music when there is a chance of anything happening, seeing as how none of my music library actually has good music for such activities... Unless you get into say... "The Devil Went Down to Georgia", or the Zelda 2 temple theme....
Algebra has been around for a very long time now, so why on Earth is x still unknown?!

Imperator

Postby Imperator » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:23 pm UTC

Monty Python's "Medical Love Song." Possibly the worst thing that could happen in this situation.

dianagram

Postby dianagram » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:28 pm UTC

Zuntrios wrote:But, yeah. I always turn off the music when there is a chance of anything happening, seeing as how none of my music library actually has good music for such activities... Unless you get into say... "The Devil Went Down to Georgia", or the Zelda 2 temple theme....

Too bad no one has rewritten the Charlie Daniels song as "The Devil Went Down ON Georgia" :D
"I reject your reality ... and substitute my own!"
- Adam Savage, "Mythbusters"

russianspy1234

Postby russianspy1234 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:33 pm UTC

I have an Adam Sandler CD in my computer, now, considering that half of the stuff on it isn't even an actual song, suddenly hearing "Assistant Principal's Big Day" or "At a Medium Pace" would be quite horrid during sex...hence every time I'm in any kind of situation like that, I use the radio, where the worst thing that can happen is a song by gwen stefani... actually come to think of it, "take a chance you stupid hoe" would be quite bad to suddenly hear...

dharmamama

Postby dharmamama » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:33 pm UTC

ModerateClasshole wrote:Only an American could be puritanical enough to think stick figures having sex is "graphic." :lol:

I'm not puritanical, but I *did* blush. I mean - there's oral sex! Right there on my computer! I felt like I walked in on someone.

Before iPods, iTunes, or the ubiquity of CDs, my then-partner and I were listening to Springsteens' Born in the USA - the *album* - when things got romantic. Perfect timing of the song, "I'm Going Down". The laughter didn't ruin the mood, it just *interrupted* it. Good times.

zahlman

Postby zahlman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:39 pm UTC

My thoughts in rough order:

- :: burst out laughing ::
- :: look closer at the bed :: Hmm, guess chivalry isn't dead after all. Randall, you dog you.
- Come to think of it, when you can take something like that in stride, that's how you know the relationship is meaningful...
- :: reads alt text :: ... ok, in that case it'd be a bit of a challenge.
- :: reads thread :: Hey, wait, we were supposed to get rickrolled! x.x

inhumandecency wrote:It's happened to me!

(it wasn't actually random -- I just had my library sorted by artist, and it went from "10,000 Maniacs" to "190 Naoki," a remix of Paranoia Rebirth from DDR. Basically, the girl and I are having a sleepy post-coital cuddle, when suddenly a highly animated man screams out, "ARE YOU A MONKEY?!?!")

Nit: Paranoia is the original song; Paranoia Rebirth is the full title of the remix... oh wait, unless you're listening to the nonstop megamix version, which would explain the announcer quote. Never mind, nothing to see here. (But note that some announcer quotes might be even worse in that context... "Don't worry... there's always... toMORrow!@# o/~ o/~")

batkatt wrote:so twice recently, I was having sex (once with another girl and a guy, just the other night with 2 guys)

Sure, go ahead and brag. :P

Drostie wrote:Violent Femmes song "Blister in the Sun", awkward moment etc. etc.

Win.

Maseiken wrote:Performing Oral sex is a service, one in which the Serviced must invest some faith in the one doing the action itself.

Some see this as a powerful dominance/submission symbol and therefore a huge turn-on. I would argue it is different for the two sexes because of anatomical differences. (Might be safer for the guy to tug on the girl's hair? Can't really "push" that way and cause gagging/choking)

spartagus wrote:Most guys, however, find this hilarious and necessary, because they are assholes.

Er... I rather doubt the reality is quite like that.

captainoblivious wrote:Right there on the austin.rr.com homepage... "God damn it!" said I, "I've been rickPOLLED!"

Can't find austin.rr.com from here. Awesome story, though.
Belial wrote:I once had a series of undocumented and nonstandardized subjective experiences that indicated that anecdotal data is biased and unreliable.

pyroman

Postby pyroman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:40 pm UTC

skitch78 wrote:Also, have you ever IM'd with a coworker or classmate in the same room as you and when they say type LOL, you call them a liar?

haha i do this all the time people get surprisingly enough quite annoyed when you point this out to them
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

VisionsAndRevisions

Postby VisionsAndRevisions » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:42 pm UTC

Are you kidding? I LOVE it when guys push me down. I've heard murmurings about other girls not liking it, but I don't really get it -- I don't mind choking a little, and I can deep-throat, so it's not a huge problem anyway. I don't view it as a correction, it's how I know he likes it. Also, it's dirty, and kinda degrading in a good way. :D

IvanDeWolf

Postby IvanDeWolf » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 pm UTC

am I alone here, or would "Go Go Power Rangers" not rule in this context? I mean, c'mon.... mebbe "Harder Harder Power Rangers"?

Cloudchaser

Postby Cloudchaser » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:23 pm UTC

My jaw dropped when I saw this comic. I'd long thought that the author had somehow been spying on me, considering how so many of the other comics were straight out of my thoughts or life experiences. This one happened to me, too, though a bit differently.

I can't believe I'm publicly posting this.

So I had started downloading a South Park episode earlier in the evening, and my girlfriend was visiting me from out of town. We started to make good use of our time together, and the computer was forgotten. The monitor was even darkened in standby mode. Then, just as my girlfriend and I were solving for the square root of 69, the South Park video finished its download and apparently my program was set to automatically start playing it, loudly. What's the first thing you hear on South Park?

"Goin' down to South Park. . . "

A few moments of confusion, then many, many more of laughter. It's become an ongoing joke for us.

And as far as the hand on the head discussion, that's always been pretty common with my girlfriend and I. Just because you have your hand there doesn't mean that you're pushing! It's usually a gentle touch -- a caress to show affection and appreciation for whichever person that's making the "effort."

kaleidors

Postby kaleidors » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:23 pm UTC

I get pwn'd more by my ringtones than my musiclist. Nothing like trying to calm down an irate customer when Yakkity Sax (aka the Benny Hill theme) starts playing because I forgot to put my phone on vibrate.

As far as fellatio, you can put your hand on my head, or guide me.. etc. But if I'm doing something like deepthrouting that can potentially hurt me, best to leave it to me. Pushing me is not appreciated and can lead to things like barfing and biting. So don't shove a gift mouth on the crotch.

*edit: I'm just not a pain in sex kind of girl. Also, I'm clumsy.
Last edited by kaleidors on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ChooChoo

Postby ChooChoo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:29 pm UTC

Even worse, don't play a very short playlist when same such possibility exists.

If things go awry, you will hate that playlist.

Not that this happened to me.

smq

Postby smq » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:44 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:Basically, just let them go however, however terrible it may be,

I'm compelled to disagree: unless one is so arrogant as to believe they have nothing further to learn in the art, being open to taking suggestions/direction from one's partner will only make things better. Women, especially, tend to be highly variable -- not just from one woman to another, but the same woman from one moment to another -- and not getting defensive if she mumbles, "mmm, gentler," when you start to get lost in in the moment can make the difference between an average experience and an exceptional one.

--SMQ

kerohazel

Postby kerohazel » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

batkatt wrote:I was having sex (once with another girl and a guy, just the other night with 2 guys) and a song came on that I liked, and I started singing along. Got some weird looks both times, but since the owners of the computers were obviously also music lovers, things weren't interrupted for too long.

Wait wait wait, hold the phone. I think I speak for all of us when I say that more details of these situations are required. 8)

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”