0452: "Mission"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

MuToiD_MaN

Re: "Mission" Discussion

Postby MuToiD_MaN » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:13 am UTC

Jatopian wrote:I have returned from the lurk to say that this comic is subpar and I am disappointed. This is the kind of randomness-relying nonsense I would expect from, I don't know, Ctrl+Alt+Del or some crap. :(

I cite this work: Monty Python -- Enough ... Beret Guy is a great channel for the nonsensical humor we all need sometimes. I'm really surprised you compared this one to CAD, actually; that humor just tends to lack sophistication. This is truly embracing the bizarre side of humor. As a matter of fact, I lol'd.

zolota wrote:
Dobblesworth wrote:And... Oh Gods, some idiots have chosen to hop on the "Let's Vandalise Wikipedia" bandwagon, again. Seriously, the non-joke is getting very old now.

It got with the Popular Culture incident, yeah. Seriously guys, knock this the hell off already. Even if you don't think it's vandalism or, you know, obnoxious, at least realise that it's old already.

Seconded. Or I should say, thirded. Leave the Wikipedia vandalism for the hordes of undignified tubers already out there. Shouldn't we be better than that?
ĉiam veti sur Duke

AWA

Postby AWA » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 am UTC

In a *slightly* unrelated note, did anyone else notice that the Existentialist seems to have appeard in http://xkcd.com/328/? Behind a counter? Perhaps this is where he got his bakery-er-iffic beginnings.

faunablues

Postby faunablues » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:04 am UTC

I say definitely a Get Smart reference (for those who don't quite get the comic - the agents come upon a "bakery" that is actually used for arsenal [or something], and later on a third character mentions that all that was found at the "bakery" was cake... or something).

Every one in six objects being a scone doesn't mean a whole planet of scones, necessarily... I would think that the likelihood of a single object being a scone would be independent and disjoint (right?) and therefore the likelihood of an entire planet to be made of scones is (1/6)^(however many scones could fit into the planet). Unless, of course, the object could be of any size, and there's gigantic space-scones out there, in which case 1/6 of your cells are actually SCONES! I think I've just discovered the cure for world hunger (find the space scone) and dry skin (anti-scone cream). Glad to see that my rambling on teh internets is not fruitless. :D

xorsyst

Postby xorsyst » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:29 am UTC

What's the fastest cake in the world?

'scone.

Ha ha ha.

sithpirateknight

Postby sithpirateknight » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

Rather than jump on the scone bandwagon I am going to continue bouncing along on the cheese one. Mhmhmmmm, brie.
"Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to." -Douglas Adams

Hexadecimator wrote:but in general, the curvier the symbols get, the more complicated and difficult life becomes.

Rysto

Postby Rysto » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:50 pm UTC

AWA wrote:In a *slightly* unrelated note, did anyone else notice that the Existentialist seems to have appeard in http://xkcd.com/328/? Behind a counter? Perhaps this is where he got his bakery-er-iffic beginnings.

What, at a casual sex bakery?

jordan

Postby jordan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:17 pm UTC

Rysto wrote:[A] casual sex bakery?

Am I the only person who thinks this would be the best idea ever?

"I'll have a Paris brest, and a couple of éclairs for the girls at the corner table."

Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel
Location: I am a child of the city of destruction . . . So, my location is the city of dectruction!

Postby Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:01 am UTC

Weaver wrote:Everyone that wants a scone now is thinking too small.

I want one of those levitating I-beams they use in the infiltration ...

I wondered what that was attached too . . .

Also, where would I find one of those? Do they sell them at the warehouse?

jordan wrote:

"I'll have a Paris brest, and a couple of éclairs for the girls at the corner table."

Your not the only one! :mrgreen:

Note to self: Steel idea.

Lenary

Postby Lenary » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:08 am UTC

Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel wrote:
Weaver wrote:Everyone that wants a scone now is thinking too small.

I want one of those levitating I-beams they use in the infiltration ...

I wondered what that was attached too . . .

Also, where would I find one of those? Do they sell them at the warehouse?

jordan wrote:

Your not the only one! :mrgreen:

Note to self: Steel idea.

hrm... i'm into the idea too. and instead of covering said bakery in steel, i think i'll steal it
http://www.answers.com/topic/steel
My Tumblog

[imath]you = me (awesome + clothes)[/imath]
solve for awesome if you're a hot girl
Spoiler:
[imath]awesome = \frac{you}{me} - clothes[/imath]

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”