0457: "Frustration"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Quintessence

Re: "Frustration" Discussion

Postby Quintessence » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:40 am UTC

pyroman wrote:thats where good ol' fashioned Macgyverism comes in. remember a simple swiss army knife can get you out a myraid of problematic situations.

But do you think she would appreciate getting literally knifed in the back? That's a one-hit KO in Team Fortress 2. Then it won't be fun sappin' her sentries.
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:44 am UTC

GodShapedBullet wrote:
Babamthegrunt wrote:
SwissArmyAnts wrote:
kgirlfae wrote:That would be painful to wear. And sitting in a chair would be worse.

But it's the chastity bra that guarantees the person who gets to see 'them' will have a decent intelligence.

I like that feature...

An intelligent man would fiddle with the rubiks cube for three minutes before cracking it.

A man with style would use scissors.

A real man would realize that the bra unclasps from the front.

Bra unclasping styles vary

I would hope that none of those styles involve scissors.

I would like to imagine the producers of the Rubik's Cube Chastity Bra (TM) also happen to make it with fabric that is laced with stainless steel wires, thus rendering it difficult (if not nearly impossible) to cut with scissors. I have a bag with this feature, I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to incorporate into the bra...

dragoneye1589

Postby dragoneye1589 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:51 am UTC

joee wrote:The backs of bras are generally quite wide, and you get them to fit inside one cube without folding would require a very large cube, and possibly strange looks from people as they wonder why you have a cube-like protrusion in the middle of your back.

Plus, the cube digs into your spine.

Not only that but when solving the cube the back would get all twisted. I would imagine the solution would be some sort of swivel attachment to the cube. Of course, none of this solves the cube-like protrusion and general lack of comfort.

madhollywood

Postby madhollywood » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:53 am UTC

Somehow I just question the whole premise of this comic. Like the dude who can solve the rubik's cube blindfolded in less than ten seconds could get into a woman's bra at all. The skill just doesn't seem that translatable to me.

Personally, I think I solved a rubik's cube once in my life with great effort and yet I have managed a woman's bra with some ease on numerous occassions. Maybe I am an anomaly.

atlas

Postby atlas » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:56 am UTC

Spirit says (9:54 PM):
Yes, then after they think they have mastered that...
Spirit says (9:54 PM):
You wear one that has a different kind of hook in the front XD
Damnatio memoriae says (9:54 PM):
Spirit says (9:55 PM):
Just saying. They need to make one for that
Spirit says (9:55 PM):
I always hear about guys having a hard time with those

SwissArmyAnts

Postby SwissArmyAnts » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:57 am UTC

I say! It's as if people here don't realize that you can have sex without removing the bra!

But the more important issue here is, Why do stick figure women (or confused stick figure men) need bras? Same dilemma as this comic.
CALVINIST ARGUMENT, a.k.a. TERTULLIAN'S ARGUMENT
(1) If God exists, then he will let me watch you be tortured forever.
(2) I rather like that idea.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

XilDarkz

Postby XilDarkz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:01 am UTC

This may have depressed some people, but, it just made my day that much brighter.
krynd wrote:
Kleppner wrote:I...
love you.

I second that emotion!

sir_abyr

Postby sir_abyr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:01 am UTC

Ozone wrote:Quick, someone prove that that is or isn't a possible half-position.

It's actually a bra to keep keeps geeks out. Do you concentrate on the task at hand and pull the straps off the shoulders or work on solving the cube? Just to make it worst - If you spend the time spinning it around and get it undone you'll find the moves required have tied the straps into a pretty good knot anyway.

Meanwhile Alexander with his more direct approach gets the girl. :)

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:04 am UTC

SwissArmyAnts wrote:I say! It's as if people here don't realize that you can have sex without removing the bra!

I've never been quite able to give the nipples a good solid bite through all that padding, plus it dries your mouth out trying. And if you try to slide it off it ends up taking twice as much effort. And if you just pull it down a bit, it tries to spring back into place. So my vote is: No, you can't.

alwaysnewintown

Postby alwaysnewintown » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am UTC

Umm...why hasn't anyone thought to just pull the damn thing over her head??

And, if we're going the nerd route, that cube isn't solvable. There are only two degrees of freedom for movement...you couldn't twist around the bra strap unless the whole thing were hollow...even then, if it's attached to something on the inside, the twisting would a) still occur and b) probably not help progress in any way shape or form.

Bra hooks are basic. Pinch, push your thumb (or finger, depending on which sides the hooks are on), and release. Duh. Front claspers are only moderately more complicated, since you're pushing in a different direction and pinching a smaller area. All in all though, if a 12 year old girl can figure it out (not to underestimate 12 year old girls in any way), how hard can it POSSIBLY be for a group of engineers to do it? Seriously guys, you should be the best at this, despite apparent lack of experience or current access to practice materials. It's just basic physics.

Damn funny cartoon though. :0)

spdqbr

Postby spdqbr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 am UTC

This reminds me of Layan Lo's (and Tyson Mao's) appearance on Jay Leno:

http://www.datadelta.com/TonightShowLeyanTyson.wmv
In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.

Galileo

chionophile

Postby chionophile » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:20 am UTC

alwaysnewintown wrote:Bra hooks are basic. Pinch, push your thumb (or finger, depending on which sides the hooks are on), and release. Duh. Front claspers are only moderately more complicated, since you're pushing in a different direction and pinching a smaller area. All in all though, if a 12 year old girl can figure it out (not to underestimate 12 year old girls in any way), how hard can it POSSIBLY be for a group of engineers to do it? Seriously guys, you should be the best at this, despite apparent lack of experience or current access to practice materials. It's just basic physics.

Okay, sure, I'm an engineer, decent at problem solving. Toss me a bra while I'm sitting at my desk and I could probably see how the mechanism works right away and pop it right open. Ask me to do the same when not only can I not see the clasp, I also have a woman present who wants me to take her bra off? Not gonna happen.

TheHand

Postby TheHand » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:24 am UTC

It's a fine image. But frankly, it would be sweet to actually see a bra like that. No doubt one will be made.

Also, I used to "solve" Rubik's Cubes by peeling all the stickers off and putting them all on the correct sides.

mrbaggins

Postby mrbaggins » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:40 am UTC

I'm gonna be the obligatory bastard that says they can undo a bra in two seconds flat, one handed, in the dark.

But it's ok, because I really can.

Work out which side is the hook, put first finger on the other side, press lightly to hold it in place, pinch the rest of the tab, pull towards first finger, pull away from body, and it's off. Dunno if this is true for other countries, but the way the hook/eyes are around in Australia makes this far easier left handed than right. (Assuming you reach around to do a rear clasp. Never tried a front one.)
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

Syphon

Postby Syphon » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:41 am UTC

I think it would be more ergonomic and comfortable to have the cube in the front. Fits snugger, while lifter and separating.

bontzy

Postby bontzy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:44 am UTC

had to register just to post this:
i do belive that the alt-text is also a subtle reference to sexual performance

stormoftara

Postby stormoftara » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:45 am UTC

My boyfriend can hardly get my bra off the normal way...that would be just evil. I like it!

cataclysmic

Postby cataclysmic » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:45 am UTC

I quite like this idea. I'd be able to remove a bra faster if it had a Rubik's cube, than if it had a hook.
Belial wrote:
Noc wrote:I direct ire at the English Language, the bastardized and half-French monstrosity it is, for not distinguishing between singular and plural second-person possessives.
"All y'all's moms."

You're welcome.

masterroller720

Postby masterroller720 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:49 am UTC

Damn it, now I have to learn to solve a rubik's cube with my teeth.

Ronfar

Postby Ronfar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:59 am UTC

sir_abyr wrote:Meanwhile Alexander with his more direct approach gets the girl. :)

You stole my joke!

Anyway, there's one thing that nobody else here has mentioned.

The bra in the picture is already off. They must be trying to put it on.
- Doug

JFarceur

Postby JFarceur » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:02 am UTC

This is funny, because I'm actually really good with those things.
JFarceur
Vandole for President 2008!

amirkraus

Postby amirkraus » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:04 am UTC

joee wrote:Hahaha, brilliant, Randall.

/me wonders if anyone will mess up their cube to that configuration, and try and solve it...

Solving it is the easy part.

(and I can both solve it and get a girl :P )
Last edited by amirkraus on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

GodShapedBullet

Postby GodShapedBullet » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:08 am UTC

bontzy wrote:had to register just to post this:
i do belive that the alt-text is also a subtle reference to sexual performance

Pretty sure you are right.
Pretty sure you didn't have to register just to post that though.

But welcome to the forum!

Netrilix

Postby Netrilix » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:08 am UTC

I don't do Rubik's cubes for sport like I'm sure some of you do, and I'd still put it on even ground with a bra clasp. My last girlfriend promised that before long I'd be a "bra-clasp-undoing ninja", but that never panned out, and more often than not she gave up and undid it herself before I was willing to admit defeat.

Also, the one-minute joke was class(ic,y).

DrJoel

Postby DrJoel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:09 am UTC

FINALLY! And everyone thought I was just being geeky practising every day! Now they'll know I'm truly a man of many talents...if you know what I mean. And I really can do it in under a minute... (Curse you title-text! :D )

Of course, with a true geek, as soon as he'd taken the bra off, he'd put it straight back on her and try again for a better time...

aeiss

Postby aeiss » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:12 am UTC

How about one with a 2x2x2? I can do those one-handed in less than 15 seconds.

..sexual performance, indeed.

seconskin552

Postby seconskin552 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:14 am UTC

Quintessence wrote:
pyroman wrote:thats where good ol' fashioned Macgyverism comes in. remember a simple swiss army knife can get you out a myraid of problematic situations.

But do you think she would appreciate getting literally knifed in the back? That's a one-hit KO in Team Fortress 2. Then it won't be fun sappin' her sentries.

"Spy Sappin' my Bra!"

I loved this comic in all its geekness. And speaking of TF2 Quintessence, you play? I am always looking for more people to play with.

Paiev

Postby Paiev » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:16 am UTC

spdqbr wrote:This reminds me of Layan Lo's (and Tyson Mao's) appearance on Jay Leno:

http://www.datadelta.com/TonightShowLeyanTyson.wmv

Aye, reminded me of that as well.

I'm one of those people that actually can solve it blindfolded :) Finally, my skills pay off!

sterces48

Postby sterces48 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:16 am UTC

joee wrote:Hahaha, brilliant, Randall.

/me wonders if anyone will mess up their cube to that configuration, and try and solve it...

Once I saw it I wondered if a real cube could be shaped like that. By no means am I an expert on it, but from taking about a 20 second glance at it, I definitely think it's a possible variation that a cube could present. And knowing Randall, it most probably is a possible cube variation. Like he would just put random colors on random squares?

EDIT: I left and came back to my computer and forgot to hit refresh so there wasn't a second page, yet... obviously someone had the time on their hands to position a cube to the exact parameters.

wisnij

Postby wisnij » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:38 am UTC

Sprocket wrote:Wow, distinctly non-xkcd. Perhaps we are embarking on a new form. Clearly those of us who don't bother with braziers aren't properly weeding out the competition.

Please don't wear a brazier on your chest. The smell of burning flesh is not a turn-on.
I burn the cheese. It does not burn me.

Sagard

Postby Sagard » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:41 am UTC

I once dated a girl who had a bra which could unclasp five different ways.

Greatest. Thing. Ever.

I think that's the one thing I miss from that relationship.

RainbowPony

Postby RainbowPony » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:43 am UTC

Ozone wrote:Quick, someone prove that that is or isn't a possible half-position.

I was so close to proving that until I looked at my own cube and noticed that the opposite of yellow was white and not green. I fail =(

elyena

Postby elyena » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:46 am UTC

I haven't laughed out loud like that in quite some time. Logistics completely aside, as that thing would be the most uncomfortable thing to wear ever, this is completely brilliant. :D

GodShapedBullet

Postby GodShapedBullet » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:48 am UTC

The most recent Left-Handed Toons is about Rubik's Cubes too. It's a pretty good one.

Happy coincidence, everyone.

VigintiTres

Postby VigintiTres » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:51 am UTC

luckily I've never had a problem in this area, even with one hand. And even this type of bra, i could get off in about 1 and a half minutes, at best.

and for those who say that the bra would get tied or twisted up: if the straps were connected to the middle squares, the straps would not have to cross at all, although they would get a bit twisted, but it wouldn't be much of a problem. The main problem is how the cube would come apart after being solved, as I have never seen a cube to do so.

defygravity90

Postby defygravity90 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:06 am UTC

This makes me wonder...for how many guys is undoing a bra clasp as difficult as solving a rubik's cube?

joee

Postby joee » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:08 am UTC

defygravity90 wrote:This makes me wonder...for how many guys is undoing a bra clasp as difficult as solving a rubik's cube?

For how many guys is undoing a bra clasp more difficult than solving a rubik's cube?
Hi glasnt.

toaste

Postby toaste » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:11 am UTC

Man, do I know how to deal with this one!

pyroman

Postby pyroman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:16 am UTC

it wont get twisted at all if you have some sort of rotatable ball joint (better type of rotating hinge for that but i cant remember what its called) connecting to the middle square on each side. When solved the two sides will break apart in the middle. Although i would assume it to be quite uncomfortable since when has female clothing ever been comfortable? as a guy i could never imagine being able to wear half to stuff girls will wear...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Mr. Freeman

Postby Mr. Freeman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:22 am UTC

Sagard wrote:I once dated a girl who had a bra which could unclasp five different ways.

Greatest. Thing. Ever.

I think that's the one thing I miss from that relationship.

Please tell me you have a link to a store that sells this particular bra model.

As for the rubix cube, let's just hope my girlfriend never finds that.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”