0164: "Playing Devil's Advocate to Win"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Shoofle

0164: "Playing Devil's Advocate to Win"

Postby Shoofle » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:11 am UTC

I found the cheat codes to Devil's Advocate! I win every time, although it's less fun nowadays.

EM-002.rv-L "Tem Cu

Postby EM-002.rv-L "Tem Cu » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:41 am UTC

You mean the pinball game? Where do you find cheats for a pinball game?
When you have at your disposal a hammer made of three spacefaring battleships, do you still need to pay taxes?

Vyathx

Postby Vyathx » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:42 am UTC

I've always wanted to be an advocate. It doesn't matter which.
"One who knows does not speak. One who speaks does not know."

kirkjerk

Postby kirkjerk » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:51 pm UTC

The scientific idea about "why is the earth warming up?" almost doesn't matter, except as an indicator of what we can attempt to undo the damage. I mean, even if global warming were due to some gradual change in the sun's output, we'd need to try to cope with that. (For the record, I suspect it does tie into CO2 emissions and cow farts)

Like someone said "why do we talk about terraforming mars while we're so busy venusforming earth?" I'm kind of hoping on some sort of "Big Science" solution to get us out of the worst of the mess we're making, that we'll have some ideas to tame the atmosphere before we're all stuck living in the equivalent of space colonies underground.

Cowie

Postby Cowie » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:48 pm UTC

EM-002.rv-L "Tem Cu wrote:You mean the pinball game? Where do you find cheats for a pinball game?

infinite balls cheat

infinite balls..
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

drollglee

Postby drollglee » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:04 pm UTC

This comic made me think about how I can't sleep at night sometimes, 'cuz someday I'm going to die and then I won't know what happens next in the Amazing Adventures of Science.

EM-002.rv-L "Tem Cu

Postby EM-002.rv-L "Tem Cu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:32 am UTC

Cowie wrote:
EM-002.rv-L "Tem Cu wrote:You mean the pinball game? Where do you find cheats for a pinball game?

infinite balls cheat

infinite balls..
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is the most childish thing I have ever seen or heard since my obscenity-filled childhood. ...And yet I laugh. *rotfl*
When you have at your disposal a hammer made of three spacefaring battleships, do you still need to pay taxes?

Tropylium

Postby Tropylium » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:39 pm UTC

drollglee wrote:This comic made me think about how I can't sleep at night sometimes, 'cuz someday I'm going to die and then I won't know what happens next in the Amazing Adventures of Science.

Personally, I suspect there's going to happen a lot more in the Amazing Adventures of Politics during this century.

fulldecent

Re: Official "Playing Devil's Advocate to Win" Discuss

Postby fulldecent » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:23 pm UTC

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”