0699: "Trimester"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Alx_xlA

Re: "Trimester" discussion

Postby Alx_xlA » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:39 am UTC

There's no sense in wandering around by yourself wearing a lab coat. You need a group of about 4 people. Everyone needs a hard hat and a clipboard. One or two should wear lab coats, the remainder should wear suits. Wander through office buildings, malls, etc.

BONUS: One person wears white tie.
My signature contains forty-four characters.

clutched

Postby clutched » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:43 am UTC

When I used to work as a field assistant to a land surveyor, I learned that this same principal applies to those orange safety vests that road/construction crews wear. A large portion of my job consisted of hopping people's backyard fences and otherwise trespassing in order to measure things. The only times anybody ever did more than say, "Oh, hi there." were the days when I forgot my vest.

For fun and profit, go buy one of those vests at Wal-Mart, pair it with some dirty jeans, boots, and a tool-belt full of crap, and then go do whatever the hell you want to. Nobody will ever ask questions.

SomeRandomPyro

Postby SomeRandomPyro » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:31 pm UTC

Several months later:
http://www.xkcd.com/431/

Registered to post this, 'n' all that jazz.
I'm dedicated to binary because it makes all my numbers happy.

boring bore

Postby boring bore » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:35 am UTC

I know this thread has died and I really should let it go, but I just found this old, related qwantz comic! Seems like lab coats will have different effects on someone depending on his/her...species?

OK, it can die now.
Guys you should totally register for this and join the xkcd team! Rath358 started us off and we're kinda small so the more people who join us, the better for our team and, hopefully, for humanity!

Numendil

Postby Numendil » Tue May 11, 2010 6:23 am UTC

boring bore wrote:I know this thread has died and I really should let it go, but I just found this old, related qwantz comic! Seems like lab coats will have different effects on someone depending on his/her...species?

OK, it can die now.

No! not yet!
I still think the Nobel commitee line has a different meaning:
it's not like anyone actually calls up the Nobel committee to double-check things,so you can tell anyone that you won a Nobel Prize.

ut_icedragon

Re: 0699: "Trimester"

Postby ut_icedragon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:32 pm UTC

Its been over 2 years since this was published and I still laugh every time I see it.

The emphasis on "BUY" really does it for me.

Re: 0699: "Trimester"

Postby AvatarIII » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:23 pm UTC

ut_icedragon wrote:Its been over 2 years since this was published and I still laugh every time I see it.

The emphasis on "BUY" really does it for me.

I have 3 lab coats, not a single one did I buy, I just take them home on the last day of anything in which I'm given a lab coat. Jobs/College you name it.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”