Wow, this got heated pretty quickly...
EDIT: I moved the post below to the porn thread
, where I figured it would be more comfy.
Anyway, here is my list of turnoffs in real porn:
1. the sound. Either it is turned off or I'm turned off. That horrible fake moaning - blech.
2. fake boobs, piercings, tattoos (and other self destructive shit)
3. fake nails! aarch!
4. when it looks as if the actors are trying to kill something
5. lack of respect towards women ("slut", "milf", ...). Let's be grateful they're willing to do these wild things for us ok?
6. extremely superficial buildup (in most cases it would be better not to have a story at all)
7. shaved genitals are ok I suppose, but they're way overrepresented. People don't need mods, okay?
In my ideal porn, there is real (or at least real-looking) affection, in the sense that the actors/actresses look as if they're actually trying to please one another. Actors/actresses should also appear to (a) feel safe, (b) have self respect and a personality and (c) enjoy what they're doing. Finally I'd welcome a sense of mystery and/or discovery. All this without reverting to softcore of course.
1. Why do these issues seem to be worst in modern American porn? (Actually, Asian stuff can also be pretty bad in terms of violent and disrespectful attitudes). What's up with you guys?
2. It's often suggested that women dislike the kind of crap I listed above while men don't care. This can't be true, can it? I feel like a quite regular guy but most porn creeps me out for the reasons I gave above. Which brings me to the following:
3. Do consumers really have no taste, or do the producers only *think* consumers have no taste, or is it just that since the porn industry is not well respected, it's usually the seediest people who end up in the business? (When my wife and I decided to buy a vibrator it struck us how the market was dominated by hopelessly ugly and bad quality products; it's only since recently that some companies have started to produce nice looking stuff. There is clearly quite a large market for that.)