0736: "Cemetery"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

GunJack

Re: "Cemetery" discusstion

Postby GunJack » Wed May 05, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

gelatinskeleton wrote:And I've discovered that the worst place to read XKCD is school. I literally laughed out loud, and people looked at me funny.

eh...for you I agree... for me, I'm in my office (as usual), and from the next office they always give me weird looks... spooky, green weird looks :shock:
Don't protest against my methods, if you want to continue living of my results

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 pm UTC

GunJack wrote:
gelatinskeleton wrote:And I've discovered that the worst place to read XKCD is school. I literally laughed out loud, and people looked at me funny.

eh...for you I agree... for me, I'm in my office (as usual), and from the next office they always give me weird looks... spooky, green weird looks :shock:

I'd have thought that would be: "spooky, green wierd looks :mrgreen:"
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

Siguy

Postby Siguy » Wed May 05, 2010 9:50 pm UTC

Before I read the caption I thought the guy was referring to the font on the tombstone itself.

SpringLoaded12

Postby SpringLoaded12 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:11 pm UTC

"We put an explosive charge in your head.
You format it in Palatino Linotype, or we'll kill you."

The worst place to wander while using a hands-free headset is anywhere that has other people. It's a Catch-22, really; you could have it blatantly displayed on your ear and get disgusted looks, or cover it with a hood or long hair or something and get weird looks.
"It's easy to forget what a sin is in the middle of a battlefield." "Opposite over hypotenuse, dipshit."

brakos82

Postby brakos82 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:56 pm UTC

I am Brakos, and I may or may not approve this message.

HonestConman

Postby HonestConman » Thu May 06, 2010 3:28 am UTC

I've been a big advocate of giving bluetooth headsets to homeless people so they don't look crazy when they talk to themselves.

10nitro

Postby 10nitro » Thu May 06, 2010 4:33 am UTC

GunJack wrote:

You guys have it lucky. If I read xkcd, and chuckle, the sysadmin comes over, says ``Oh, I haven't read today's yet, let me see it... and I haven't read Monday's either...'' And there goes my computer for the day. But it's okay, because then I go sit at his computer :twisted:
~ Luke Shumaker
FRC1024 Programmer
IT technician, GNU/Linux admin, comp. security guy
Eagle Scout
http://lukeshu.ath.cx

a_fuzzyduck

Postby a_fuzzyduck » Thu May 06, 2010 12:07 pm UTC

GunJack wrote:

hmmm, might start reading in more public places, seems a nice way to grab people's attention and cure de oul' loneliness a bit :D
wkw
"GRAPHICS WERE NOT AS GOOD IN THE PAST BUT WE WERE HAPPIER AND MORE INNOCENT THEN" - every retro gaming review, ever

Not_an_S

Postby Not_an_S » Thu May 06, 2010 2:19 pm UTC

HonestConman wrote:I've been a big advocate of giving bluetooth headsets to homeless people so they don't look crazy when they talk to themselves.

Actually, I should probably wear one mine more often for the same reason.

kryton

Postby kryton » Fri May 07, 2010 12:15 pm UTC

Randal, you skunked me.
I've been working on a story line to put in a comic book short or a short video along these lines, was up to 20+ pages of narrative outline, and here comes this comic and puts it succinctly in one panel.

AARRGGH!

I'm humbled by the blinding light of pure genius.
1298 and counting

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Sun May 09, 2010 5:14 am UTC

kryton wrote:Randal, you skunked me.
I've been working on a story line to put in a comic book short or a short video along these lines, was up to 20+ pages of narrative outline, and here comes this comic and puts it succinctly in one panel.

AARRGGH!

I'm humbled by the blinding light of pure genius.

that's what you call randall getting in your head.

Ephemeron

Postby Ephemeron » Mon May 17, 2010 4:41 pm UTC

Typography geeks will probably hate me for saying this, but...
I think most sans-serif fonts look the same as each other.

xepher

Postby xepher » Fri May 21, 2010 1:39 am UTC

Ephemeron wrote:Typography geeks will probably hate me for saying this, but...
I think most sans-serif fonts look the same as each other.

Comic sans MS.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”