0934: "Mac/PC"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

correnos

Re: 0934: "Mac/PC"

Postby correnos » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:15 am UTC

I still use native apps for things like email and word processing, and will continue to do so until web apps start looking a lot more like native apps. In all of the web standards developed around making pages more powerful, it's disappointing that keeping the UI in sync with the rest of the OS was never a concern. For the curious, look up QML: it's a UI design language built to be backed by javascript. It seems like something a lot like that could allow web app designers to create native-feeling apps, with the same security we already have.

Also, I think konqueror (what I use) is about as obscure and non-default a browser as has been mentioned so far. It isn't even the KDE default anymore.
If you're seeking the bottleneck, look at the top of the bottle.

Exclusive Blend

Postby Exclusive Blend » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:46 am UTC

cerrita wrote:
KShrike wrote:Image
Did somebody already post this image? No? Ok, here we go.

I use Explorer, and I have to admit, I take a lot of flack for it. Always cheering for the loser... like a Mariners fan.

Go Mariners! I watched a couple games in the King Dome waay back in the day when they were actually winners.

BTW, whatever happened to "Netscape Navigator?" that's the browser I used back when the Mariners rocked.
‎(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Go check out http://exclusiveblend.wordpress.com

‎(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Anonymously Famous

Postby Anonymously Famous » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:58 am UTC

Steve the Pocket wrote:Safari's rendering engine was advanced enough for Google to use it as the basis of its browser, so they must be doing something right.

I was actually going to mention this, but you (obviously) beat me to it. I believe that it's also used in the Android OS and the iOS.

RebeccaRGB

Postby RebeccaRGB » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:42 am UTC

Exclusive Blend wrote:BTW, whatever happened to "Netscape Navigator?"

Microsoft killed it by building an incompatible browser, integrating it into their OS, and convincing developers to develop for their browser instead. Netscape languished, got bought out by AOL, and was never heard from again.

The last anyone heard of Netscape, they were trying to rewrite their browser from scratch, which they never finished. Later on, the same developers tried again, but at that point there was no Netscape anymore. Instead, they formed a new organization known as Mozilla. That second rewrite became Firebird, as in a phoenix, which they had to change to Firefox because of trademark disputes.

And actually, there have been releases of something called Netscape Navigator up until recently, which are all actually just reskinned versions of Firefox.
Stephen Hawking: Great. The entire universe was destroyed.
Fry: Destroyed? Then where are we now?
Al Gore: I don't know. But I can darn well tell you where we're not—the universe!

iamevn

Postby iamevn » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 am UTC

I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one who has done this...
Spoiler:

My goal is to have as many as possible installed and to try a new one each week. I also wish I could get the Pokemon browser working on my 64bit system :(

Also using different versions of firefox is annoying since it messes up my addons and userstyles.

RebeccaRGB wrote:

And actually, there have been releases of something called Netscape Navigator up until recently, which are all actually just reskinned versions of Firefox.

Yeah that's pretty much what it looks like.
Spoiler:

If anyone has another browser that I missed, please do tell.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:04 pm UTC

Steve the Pocket wrote:I'm stuck on Firefox because of the Awesomebar. Once I got used to it, there was no going back to the old ways. Chrome may be faster and more compact, but its developers seem to have a bet going as to how much functionality can they take away from the address bar before it impacts user share. When the beta first hit, you could actually search the full text of your history through it, and that was almost good enough to get me to switch all by itself. Can't find that feature anymore. And the dropdown is now limited to five suggestions, most of which are usually suggested searches or sites I haven't even visited. Even Internet Explorer 6 offered a better experience there (and they were doing "integrated search" before it was trendy).

As for Explorer, I can't vouch for its lack of security (though I do keep seeing articles from time to time about it being just as easy to hack the other browsers, big freaking surprise), but I swear the interface keeps getting worse every time they update it. Their devs must have a bet going too. Menu bar underneath the toolbar? Sure, let's throw twelve years of UI consistency under a bus. Tabs on the same crowded row as the address bar? Why not! The tabs are only there for show anyway; everyone who liked actually using them migrated to Firefox already anyway. UGH.

If someone could just bang together a browser that has what most people can agree are the best features of every existing browser, plus actual support for the CSS 3 standards instead of Frankencodes like -moz-this and -webkit-that, it would become the new gold standard over-freaking-NIGHT. And I bet it wouldn't really be that hard to do either.

The Scyphozoa wrote:The point is, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera are more likely to be good than Safari or IE because their their developers' sole purpose in making the browser was making a better browser. Apple and Microsoft only made their browsers because they needed SOMETHING to act as a browser, so they half-assed it.

I hope you're just assuming that instead of claiming it's actually true. Safari's rendering engine was advanced enough for Google to use it as the basis of its browser, so they must be doing something right.
Yeah, what I meant was that it stands to reason that would be true. I don't actually have much experience with Safari, though.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

cjmcjmcjmcjm

Postby cjmcjmcjmcjm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:54 pm UTC

For being a default browser, Safari is actually nice. Don't use the Windows port of it, just as you should avoid iTunes for Windows (and Mac for that matter) if at all possible.

I'm not sure if I've brought this up already, but aren't most new computers not in compliance with the IBM-PC specification because they are 64 bit?
frezik wrote:Anti-photons move at the speed of dark

DemonDeluxe wrote:Paying to have laws written that allow you to do what you want, is a lot cheaper than paying off the judge every time you want to get away with something shady.

Jamaican Castle

Postby Jamaican Castle » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 pm UTC

Steve the Pocket wrote:If someone could just bang together a browser that has what most people can agree are the best features of every existing browser, plus actual support for the CSS 3 standards instead of Frankencodes like -moz-this and -webkit-that, it would become the new gold standard over-freaking-NIGHT. And I bet it wouldn't really be that hard to do either.

You know, you'd think that.

Aster Selene

Postby Aster Selene » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 pm UTC

It's okay. I've always shipped Mac/PC since the beginning of my computer-linked existence (not the commercial).

Seriousness in, I have a Mac with Boot Camp. I've resigned myself to the fact I need both to fulfill my non-productive existence. Safari is my main on Mac and Chrome on Windows, Chrome is my secondary on Mac and Firefox on Windows.

Usually when I'm not using the web browser I'm using Microsoft Word (on either), gaming (on either, Steam for space-related reasons is on the Mac side), or doing music production or art attempts (ironically enough on the Windows side). Othwrwise I have a tendency to use the Mac side more, mostly out of convenience of booting.

MarkGyver

Postby MarkGyver » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 am UTC

Anonymously Famous wrote:
MarkGyver wrote:It's almost as if the only ways to be completely non-default are to extensively research obscure alternatives and to use a source of entropy to make the decision for you.

Or to stop using browsers entirely.

Not using something is the default option when the choices are overwhelming, otherwise way more people would have tried at least one of the zillion Linux distros. Also, I think (I was up too late to remember my motives) I meant that statement to broadly apply to every choice where there is a default. As a less religiously argued example (at least on these fora, I think), here's a paragraph explaining how it applies to religion.

Your default religion is that of your parents, so you would have to switch to something else to be non-default. However, the switch can't be to the locally popular religion because that's the local default. Similarly, it can't be what's popular with your friends because by default people have similar views as their peers. Also, you can't make up your own religion because that's the default action for religious people that don't like the religions they've seen. Finally, atheism is out because that's the default belief for people tired of religion. Thus, the only ways to be pedantically 100% non-default are extensively researching obscure alternatives and using entropy to make the decision for you.

Unfortunately, some defaults are much harder to change than browsers and religions. Hopefully some day everyone can be non-default in things like country, species, carbon-based vs. arsenic-based vs. digitized life-form, etc as easily as they can be non-default with their browsers. Maybe I should stop being so pedantic/randomly-obsessive/whatever about discussions on the Internet this late at night.

Edit: Although I have read them, I'm not replying to any of the other quote pyramids involving what I said because I don't think I have anything more to contribute there, especially when I'm up so late that my verbosity is undergoing seemingly-exponential increase.

iamevn wrote:If anyone has another browser that I missed, please do tell.

Wikipedia has a list, but if you want only ones I thought of without checking the list, I'd add uzbl, Konqueror, and Rekonq. You can probably get Konqueror working on Windows with the information here, but I think you'll need either elite coding skills or Linux to run Rekonq and uzbl.
Generation 0: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and change it so that it looks like you inspired this signature. Social experiment.

BeefJerky

Postby BeefJerky » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 am UTC

rapturemachine wrote:I am a rabid Firefox fangirl. I'm not looking to start a fight, so I won't go into my reasons for disliking other browsers, but it makes more sense to me to debate about browsers than OSs...It's a much better platform for comparison.

In that case, please post a provocative picture of yourself on this board. I will then compare how the pic...er, I mean page, looks in each different browser.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:28 pm UTC

I do believe we have a problem here.

Joanna, fire.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:11 pm UTC

My usage of the web vs. everything else on my computer breaks down something like this:-
arsing around and malingering: web 95%, Everything Else 5%
actual productive work: web 1%, Everything Else 99%

I suppose if you count reading documentation on the web for Everything Else it evens out a bit, but that's still passive consuming of information. The only active things I do through my browser is making inane comments like this one when I should be doing something else.

Indie

Postby Indie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:34 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:I do believe we have a problem here.

Joanna, fire.

It's ok, he was probably partially only joking... :roll:

:wink:

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:24 pm UTC

The "except if it's funny" caveat only applies to jokes which are actually funny.

redhelix

Postby redhelix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:34 pm UTC

correnos wrote:I still use native apps for things like email and word processing, and will continue to do so until web apps start looking a lot more like native apps.

Heh, you'd be right at home with my user base then.

We lean pretty heavily on application and desktop virtualization in our environment, where you pretty much just have a company web portal with all apps hosted inside - a fulcrum of productivity, if you will. (I'm talking apps like Outlook, Adobe CS, whatever software can legally be licensed for Microsoft TS.)

It's platform and location-agnostic, since the client doesn't really do anything except keep the connection open. I have users running around using AutoCAD on their iPads.

Desktop virtualization is making things even more interesting.

rapturemachine

Postby rapturemachine » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:04 am UTC

BeefJerky wrote:
rapturemachine wrote:I am a rabid Firefox fangirl. I'm not looking to start a fight, so I won't go into my reasons for disliking other browsers, but it makes more sense to me to debate about browsers than OSs...It's a much better platform for comparison.

In that case, please post a provocative picture of yourself on this board. I will then compare how the pic...er, I mean page, looks in each different browser.

Hahaha... man, I wish I had a snarky comeback for this. Alas, I'm no good at those. So I just wanted to say that this made me laugh IRL.

Spiky

Postby Spiky » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:23 am UTC

Am I the only one who avoids web apps solely for this reason? Freaking 22 year olds think the world revolves around them. :roll:

Sean Quixote

Postby Sean Quixote » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:04 pm UTC

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 pm UTC

Hi, I'm a Mac.

And I'm a (Windows) PC.

And since Steve Jobs returned to Apple, there's increasingly less difference between us or our companies' business practices!

I used to be a rabid Mac fan boy, back in the 80s-90s. I thought OSX was awesome in concept, finally bringing the MacOS's innards up to date after the catastrophe that was Copland and subsequent floundering on Apple's part. But it seems like ever since then the things which made Macs unique and better in their own ways have been withering away, and Apple is becoming more and more like Microsoft in its behavior. I'm really tempted to jump ship next time I upgrade, but Windows is still worse, and Linux has its own faults I'd rather not deal with. I'm very disappointed with the direction the computer industry has taken, and no longer really enthusiastic about the developments on any front of it.

More on subject, I also dislike that everything is being redeveloped inside websites now. Platform-independent development is awesome, sure. But shoehorning it into what is ultimately still a document is fugly and forces everyone to reinvent the UI wheel. And having everything remotely and centrally hosted defeats a lot of the spirit of the personal computer. I don't want to go back to the days of renting computing time and storage space from the central mainframe.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

jpk

Postby jpk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:[i]More on subject, I also dislike that everything is being redeveloped inside websites now. Platform-independent development is awesome, sure. But shoehorning it into what is ultimately still a document is fugly and forces everyone to reinvent the UI wheel.

Not to mention there's something really weird about basing our entire computing infrastructure on what's basically a glorified front end for ftp.

dysprog

Postby dysprog » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:21 am UTC

jpk wrote:
SchighSchagh wrote:
Jamaican Castle wrote:
dysprog wrote:
soren121 wrote:Linux is the tomboyish girl with an ever-expanding wardrobe. And she has way too many plastic surgeries.

And she behaves differently for every task. And for some tasks, she only takes instructions in writing. And she randomly stabs you if get the spelling wrong...

Linux is River Tam?

Good call! That really helps explain why Linux kicks so much ass!

And why it can kill you with its mind.

Well sure that sounds awesome. But imagine that you have useful work to get done, and it all has to go through River Tam. Yeah she's hot, her insanity is kind of endearing. For a while. About the third time she gets randomly violent, you start to yearn for someone sane, predictable, and businesslike.

I used linux for 4 years. I Switched Back. (Puts on asbestos underwear, hides...)

cjmcjmcjmcjm

Postby cjmcjmcjmcjm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:27 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:Hi, I'm a Mac.

And I'm a (Windows) PC.

And since Steve Jobs returned to Apple, there's increasingly less difference between us or our companies' business practices!

I used to be a rabid Mac fan boy, back in the 80s-90s. I thought OSX was awesome in concept, finally bringing the MacOS's innards up to date after the catastrophe that was Copland and subsequent floundering on Apple's part. But it seems like ever since then the things which made Macs unique and better in their own ways have been withering away, and Apple is becoming more and more like Microsoft in its behavior. I'm really tempted to jump ship next time I upgrade, but Windows is still worse, and Linux has its own faults I'd rather not deal with. I'm very disappointed with the direction the computer industry has taken, and no longer really enthusiastic about the developments on any front of it.

More on subject, I also dislike that everything is being redeveloped inside websites now. Platform-independent development is awesome, sure. But shoehorning it into what is ultimately still a document is fugly and forces everyone to reinvent the UI wheel. And having everything remotely and centrally hosted defeats a lot of the spirit of the personal computer. I don't want to go back to the days of renting computing time and storage space from the central mainframe.

Configuring JACK sucks. Maybe it'd be easier if I were on non-Apple hardware. I really wonder why battery life is Snow Leopard > Win7 > Ubuntu Studio 11.04
frezik wrote:Anti-photons move at the speed of dark

DemonDeluxe wrote:Paying to have laws written that allow you to do what you want, is a lot cheaper than paying off the judge every time you want to get away with something shady.

ijuin

Postby ijuin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:14 am UTC

Beardhammer wrote:
alexp wrote:The browsers are the same? Hell, the *hardware* is the same, too.

I call bullshit on that one. Everyone knows Macs are made of plastic, almost always white, and very curvy - perfect to go with your totally HIPSTERRRRRRRRR (hnnnnnnggghhhhh!) pad. You fucking pansy.

Meanwhile PCs are monstrosities wrought from steel mined by orphans in the depths of Earth's mantle, smelted in forges powered by the souls of lost kittens, and consecrated by the blood of Bambi's mother. And they're powered by a dying star.

Dude, all power comes from dying stars unless it's gravitational energy. All elements heavier than lithium (and all substances made from them, including all chemical fuels and fission fuels) were made inside of stars and got distributed to the rest of the universe when they exploded. Solar energy is from the sun's slow march towards its own death, and any artificial fusion power is basically an artificial star.

Sean Quixote

Postby Sean Quixote » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:13 am UTC

Except for powers of two.

ijuin

Postby ijuin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:36 am UTC

How about powers of one?

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:02 am UTC

ijuin wrote:Dude, all power comes from dying stars unless it's gravitational energy.

And what is it that's smashing atoms together to drive that nuclear fusion in stars? Gravity.

Everything is ultimately gravity-powered: gravity creates tides via the moon which gives us some water and air motion we can use for energy; gravity powers stellar fusion; fusion provides solar power; sunlight heats air and water, moving them around more which we capture for hydroelectric, wind, and wave power; such weather creates primitive electricity in the form of lightning; solar power creates chemical bonds in plants which we eat or burn for fuel; or those plants decay and transform into fossil fuels; fusion of sufficient magnitude also creates heavy radioactive elements which we use for fission power; such fission is also what heats the core of the earth, providing geothermal power; and we use all of those to generate the electricity keeping our screens lit up and our wires talking to each other.

And if recent information-theoretic hypotheses are to believed, gravity is basically a byproduct of entropy. So everything happens just because entropy is busy squeezing the energy out of wherever it's concentrated and scattering it across the universe, and we're lucky enough to flicker briefly into being amidst the currents streaming out into the oceans of space.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

bigjeff5

Postby bigjeff5 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 am UTC

RebeccaRGB wrote:

Microsoft killed it by building an incompatible browser, integrating it into their OS, and convincing developers to develop for their browser instead. Netscape languished, got bought out by AOL, and was never heard from again.

The last anyone heard of Netscape, they were trying to rewrite their browser from scratch, which they never finished. Later on, the same developers tried again, but at that point there was no Netscape anymore. Instead, they formed a new organization known as Mozilla. That second rewrite became Firebird, as in a phoenix, which they had to change to Firefox because of trademark disputes.

Close, but no cigar.

In spite of being tied to the OS and shipping with Windows, Internet Explorer was losing to Netscape so badly they had to cheat, and suffered a major anti-trust lawsuit for their behavior, it's true. But that isn't what killed Netscape. That was only a minor blow - Netscape was still winning the war even after all that dirty business. No, what killed Netscape was Firefox.

You see, as Netscape Communicator developed over the years it began to become bloated and unwieldy. It still dominated IE because of its vastly superior feature set, but IE was catching up, and the bloat was becoming a problem. Netscape tried to leverage the budding Open Source community to fix their browser. Thus, the Mozilla project was born.

The problem was, Communicator's code was trash. Crowd sourcing its repair wasn't going to work, so they decided to start fresh. This was a great idea for the browser, but a terrible idea for the company. You see, writing a new, feature-rich browser from the ground up takes time, and since Netscape was just a browser/webserver company they didn't really have the staff to support two browsers. So they threw everything at Mozilla, but the decision meant it was almost two years before Netscape released a new version of Communicator. What's worse, the new browser really wasn't ready for release yet, so it was another year before Netscape had a stable browser.

It's that three year gap between stable browser versions that killed Netscape. It created a hole that they were never able to climb out of, and Microsoft took great advantage of it. Over a decade later and Firefox still hasn't climbed out of the hole Netscape created - IE still owns 40+% of the market compared to FF's 30%.

It was fortunate that Mozilla was founded when it was, but if Netscape wanted to re-build their browser they should have started it as a smaller project a year or two earlier. Then they could have made the switch with only a minor hiccup and been in position to continue trouncing Internet Explorer (it is likely that FireFox would be the dominant browser today if they had done this).

scarletmanuka

Postby scarletmanuka » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:54 am UTC

MarkGyver wrote:Maybe I should switch to Opera to avoid using a default browser, but then I run into the problem of it being the default non-default browser.

Opera Mini appears to be the default browser of choice on many mobile devices.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:53 am UTC

rapturemachine wrote:I am adamantly diplomatic in the OS wars - I even own a shirt that says "coexist" in OS logos!

I completely forgot to bring up earlier: I WANT THAT SHIRT. Seriously, where can I buy it.
cephalopod9 wrote:Only on Xkcd can you start a topic involving Hitler and people spend the better part of half a dozen pages arguing about the quality of Operating Systems.

Baige.

karanj

Postby karanj » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:35 am UTC

Steve the Pocket wrote:
rapturemachine wrote:I am adamantly diplomatic in the OS wars - I even own a shirt that says "coexist" in OS logos!

I completely forgot to bring up earlier: I WANT THAT SHIRT. Seriously, where can I buy it.

Once upon a time it sold on Woot: http://www.geardiary.com/2010/11/29/coe ... s-at-woot/

BeefJerky

Postby BeefJerky » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 pm UTC

rapturemachine wrote:
BeefJerky wrote:

Hahaha... man, I wish I had a snarky comeback for this. Alas, I'm no good at those. So I just wanted to say that this made me laugh IRL.

I wish you had a snarky comeback too! :mrgreen: However, I'm glad that I could give you a laugh. As for the provocative picture, you don't even have to show your face, as something like this works surprisingly well:
Lucky kitten! And yes, I use Firefox, but not because of that picture...

In all seriousness, I am seriously late in responding to this, so you seriously might not even see this super-serious response. That darn real life thing just got in between me and this forum..

jfriesne

Postby jfriesne » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:30 am UTC

McClow wrote:If you don't have a PC you have to run a Windows emulator and as a game that slows down performance. Screw Macs.

The other option is to reboot the Mac into Windows via Boot Camp. No slowdown that way (except that you have to wait for Windows to boot, of course).

dr pepper

Postby dr pepper » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:44 am UTC

MarkGyver wrote:
The Scyphozoa wrote:
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:I find it amusing how Safari is completely ignored. Even Opera (my Windows browser of choice) got one prior mention in this thread.

It's a "default" browser and therefore people put it in the same category as IE.

Firefox is also "default" because it's the default alternative to the defaults. Also it's default on many Linux distros. Even Chrome is becoming somewhat "default" for those really into Google products. Maybe I should switch to Opera to avoid using a default browser, but then I run into the problem of it being the default non-default browser. The only alternative left to avoid defaults is to use obscure browsers like Rekonq, but that one's actually default on my current Linux distro. It's almost as if the only ways to be completely non-default are to extensively research obscure alternatives and to use a source of entropy to make the decision for you.

Sure, i use Firefox, but only ironicly.

delme

Postby delme » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:05 am UTC

Accurate display of Chrome v Firefox v Internet Explorer: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29473846/CYqDI.jpg

astrosteve

Postby astrosteve » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 am UTC

jpk wrote:Or write your own browser.
Or, if you're a lisp hacker, write a browser-generator. Takes a few minutes to start up, but you have a new browser every time!

It's quite a bit late to be responding to this... but now I'm imagining procedurally generated browsers with different names, version numbers, etc and I really, really want a generator like that now. I have no idea why. But it seems ridiculously awesome to me.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:25 pm UTC

Seems a little Aperture-esque. Like building an entire sentient AI for use as a high-altitude aircraft defrosting mechanism.

jpk

Postby jpk » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:42 am UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:Seems a little Aperture-esque. Like building an entire sentient AI for use as a high-altitude aircraft defrosting mechanism.

Um... would that be wrong?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”