0193: "The Perfect Sound"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

jobriath

Postby jobriath » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:36 pm UTC

OmenPigeon wrote:It's also the reason I've developed an inordinate fondness for German rap. I can't stand the stuff (well, most of it) in English, but in German... oooh it's sublime.

Tiefe Brunnen muss man graben, baby.

(Rosenrot: O! Rosenrot.)

OmenPigeon
Peddler of Gossamer Lies

Postby OmenPigeon » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:32 pm UTC

jobriath wrote:Tiefe Brunnen muss man graben, baby.

(Rosenrot: O! Rosenrot.)

See? I have no idea what that means. But I'm pretty sure that it would sound great.
As long as I am alive and well I will continue to feel strongly about prose style, to love the surface of the earth, and to take pleasure in scraps of useless information.
~ George Orwell

elminster

Postby elminster » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:38 pm UTC

I believe thats Rammstein - Rosenrot' track 3 off their 'Rammstein' album.
Although i gota say, rammstein sure do (what i like to classify as) 'industrial metal' really well. I learnt german at school, although i think it doesnt really matter if you dont understand it.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:37 pm UTC

I've heard some Rammstein--I can't say that I dislike it. I don't seek it out, but it's pretty good in itself.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Phil

Postby Phil » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:16 am UTC

The perfect sound is the mix of acoustic guitar, bass and accordion at the beginning of the live version of "Black Friday Rule" on the CD accompaning the new Flogging Molly DVD. I know it'S kind of specific, but it kicks asses.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:24 am UTC

Accordions rule so hard it should be ilegal. I saw one at Target once for $40 and have regretted not buying it ever since. (it might have cost more thatn $40, i just remember seeing a price tag for that amount on the shelf beneath it)

I don't care much for live music. There's just something about hearing an audience I am so very not a part of cheering over music that inspires a bout of smoldering rage when it's all that napster has.

What I do have quite a fondness for is zydeco.
accordions + french lyrics= awesome.

yelly

Re:

Postby yelly » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:20 pm UTC

I just ran into this topic again, and I realised what song it was that he was listening to. This is a big deal, as my grandfather's-brother wrote the lyrics to that song. It is always nice to see family member's get this kind of appreciation, and an appearance on XKCD is an honour of the highest order.

Ronfar wrote:Did you know that "Mickey" is a recreation of a song named "Kitty" by the group "Racey"? (Lyrics here.) The song really feels different when you switch the genders around...

This makes some sense, as the person who wrote "Mickey" (yes, my great-uncle) also wrote "Kitty".
"So there are 3 guards, one always tells the truth, one always lies and the third answers randomly"
"But I only want to know the fucking time!"

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Re: "The Perfect Sound" discussion

Postby Maseiken » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:35 pm UTC

If your great Uncle Wrote "Mickey"...
Does that make you Optimus Prime...?
Note: Not "Optimus Prime" as in, Word filter, actualy Optimus Prime.

I like to rate things on an Awesome scale (Which is a good title, as the scale itself rates quite highly.
Mickey and Optimus prime are quite close, and by my calculations, they are approximatly one Great-Uncle apart...
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”