1115: "Sky"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

niky

Re: 1115: "Sky"

Postby niky » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:40 pm UTC

Max™ wrote:
niky wrote:A donut with chocolate filling on the inside of the hole.

Yum.

Went a little further than I was going to, I was going to make a joke about how nematodes or something...

Reminds me of a short... Where a man flies throughg the center of a giant space worm and comes out alive at the other end.

Not necessarily undamaged, but...

Max™

Postby Max™ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:15 pm UTC

niky wrote:
Max™ wrote:

Yum.

Went a little further than I was going to, I was going to make a joke about how nematodes or something...

Reminds me of a short... Where a man flies throughg the center of a giant space worm and comes out alive at the other end.

Ugh... I replaced an o in that post with an a... and wish I hadn't now.
mu

Envelope Generator

Postby Envelope Generator » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:26 pm UTC

Envelope Generator wrote:I spent most of my day at work determining what sort of binoculars to buy for stargazing. Then at one point it occurred to me it was because of this strip and thread. I hat you.

Well now, the last panel describes my reaction to seeing the Pleiades last night through my new 10x50s. Sheer terror.
I'm going to step off the LEM now... here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat

eSOANEM wrote:If Fonzie's on the order of 100 zeptokelvin, I think he has bigger problems than difracting through doors.

ijuin

Postby ijuin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:48 am UTC

niky wrote:
Max™ wrote:

Yum.

So he's passing through some kind of wormhole? :D

addams

Postby addams » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:13 am UTC

*** wrote:This is why skyscrapers used to scare me. With an empty sky, there is no perspective, no way to grasp any sort of distance. But next to skyscrapers, you can tell its a really long way down... or up...

This also reminds me of an old Irish saying:
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto a blade of grass and not fall off the earth.
How many Irish does it take to replace a light bulb?
Three. One to hold the bulb and two to drink till the room spins.

You started it. I wrote a paper on Irish poets.

One of them wrote, "We are all in the gutter. Some of us see the gutter. Some of us see the stars."

"Don't look down" is good advice. I looked down a few times. It turned me into mail box girl.

Ireland may be up there somewhere. In fact, I am sure it is. I let go once. I landed in Ireland. It is a lovely place. I kept falling. Some of the Irish drop offs are steep.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”