XKCD article in the leading Israeli newssite

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

yelly

XKCD article in the leading Israeli newssite

Postby yelly » Thu May 29, 2008 1:10 pm UTC

The major Israeli newssite ynet.co.il just published an article about XKCD, claiming they have even interviewed randall by phone (I can only guess what that might have sounded like).
link (warning, Hebrew)
It always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see these articles.
I would be more than pleased to translate bits of it if anyone is interested (even though they don't say many interesting things, apart from the fact that randall used to work for NASA until quit when he figured out he could live off the comic, and that he claims he can neither draw nor write jokes, but that the internet is great for addressing niches).
"So there are 3 guards, one always tells the truth, one always lies and the third answers randomly"
"But I only want to know the fucking time!"

Madison

Re: XKCD article in the leading Israeli newssite

Postby Madison » Fri May 30, 2008 3:37 pm UTC

Yelly, I am very interested in what this article might say--is there any kind of English-language version? Probably not, or you would have linked to it. Any little bits would be nice. Thanks!

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Re: XKCD article in the leading Israeli newssite

Postby aleflamedyud » Sat May 31, 2008 7:08 pm UTC

תודה רבה, yelly! I had a great laugh just imagining Randall talking to someone with a Hebrew accent over the phone.

Now I have to try to decipher this thing.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Return to “News & Articles”