Pic of obese air passenger reopens extra seat policy

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

scrovak

Pic of obese air passenger reopens extra seat policy

Postby scrovak » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:53 pm UTC

source
Article:
Spoiler:
The Telegraph wrote:The picture, posted on an aviation blog, was reportedly taken by a flight attendant to illustrate to airline managers the difficulty of dealing with passengers who cannot fit into seats.
It is unclear if the man was aware his picture was being taken or whether the flight, on US carrier American Airlines, took off with the passenger spilling out of his seat.

Airlines already offer extended seatbelts to larger passengers to comply with safety rules but a number of carriers now insist obese customers buy an extra seat.
US domestic no-frills airline Southwest has a “customer of size” policy that insists passengers who cannot lower both armrests buy a second ticket which is reimbursed if the flight is not full.

American Airlines does not have such a requirement but urges passengers to “recognize ahead of time that they may need to purchase two seats”.
The image, apparently taken on a Boeing 757, was sent to writer Kieran Daly and posted on his blog at aviation news website, Flightglobal.
It is not clear if the image has been altered but Mr Daly wrote: “This is sent to me with the absolute assurance that it's a genuine picture taken by a flight attendant at American Airlines. The F/A took it to show her manager what was happening on the aircraft (757???) and why she was unhappy about it. Seems the guy paid for only one seat and the gate staff let him board.”

Comments below the blog entry illustrate the debate over how to deal sensitively with obese passengers while ensuring others have enough room.
In a statement, American Airlines said: "At this time American Airlines is unable to confirm whether or not the image referred to was taken by a member of flight crew but will investigate the situation internally to determine if any of the airline's strict policies were not correctly applied.

"American Airlines’ primary concern is for the safety and comfort of its passengers and crews and consequently passengers are advised to book two seats if they are concerned that they will require them. If a flight is not full, however, passengers' needs would be accommodated without charge wherever possible."

TL;DR: A flight attendant took a picture of an obese man sitting in a single seat, obviously requiring two, but due to the airline's policy (American Airlines), there's nothing they could do about it.

EDIT: Fix'd quote tag fail
MrGee wrote:I would never eat a person. Have you seen the conditions they're raised in?
kapojinha wrote:You're amazing, which is why I'm going to marry you.

Angua wrote:coordinated baby attacks

Cynical Idealist

Re: Pic of obese air passenger reopens extra seat policy

Postby Cynical Idealist » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:03 pm UTC

Wait, they let that plane fly with the guy hanging half off his seat? What happened to safety rules?
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

The Reaper

Postby The Reaper » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:11 pm UTC

They havn't taken off or landed or whatnot yet. the front of the cabin has people walking around. The man is clearly sitting on the armrest waiting for people to get out of the way. IE: one can assume that he fit into the seat during takeoff.

winegums

Postby winegums » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:38 pm UTC

The Reaper wrote: IE: one can assume that he fit into the seat during takeoff.

is one being generous with their spacial awareness? There's no way he's fitting into one seat unless all that stuff under his tshirt is foam padding.

The Great Hippo
Swans ARE SHARP

Postby The Great Hippo » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:42 pm UTC

The Reaper wrote:They havn't taken off or landed or whatnot yet. the front of the cabin has people walking around. The man is clearly sitting on the armrest waiting for people to get out of the way. IE: one can assume that he fit into the seat during takeoff.
Only one guy in the seat next to him, looks like. They probably had him sit to take the picture (to illustrate the problem) then asked the gentleman to move one seat over (or just found another way to get him two seats to his own).

The Reaper

Postby The Reaper » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:44 pm UTC

winegums wrote:
The Reaper wrote: IE: one can assume that he fit into the seat during takeoff.

is one being generous with their spacial awareness? There's no way he's fitting into one seat unless all that stuff under his tshirt is foam padding.

He'll encroach on the other passengers space, yes. That doesn't change the fact that he fits in the seat, barely. It probably why he went for the aisle seat rather than the window seat.
re: what hippo said, yes. That or he was sitting there waiting for the problem to resolve itself, or he had the 2 seats just behind that guy and was anxious to get his bags but the captain said remain in your seats. etc.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:54 pm UTC

There's no guarantee this was taken before take-off or after landing, as you can move about the cabin once you level off. However, I believe I see two empty seats behind him, which has me a bit confused... but like Reaper said, it could simply be that he was in those two seats and he's just eager to get to his bags, or he's posing to illustrate a point.

Anyway, in a more overall discussion sense: I am conflicted in this situation. On the one hand, I do believe that this man should have bought 2 tickets. He had to know he wouldn't fit into one seat in advance. Not only was he impacting his own safety and comfort, he was potentially impacting the safety and comfort of those around him.

On the other hand, oftentimes there is at least one empty seat on board. Usually the flight attendant will simply ask passengers to move seats to accomodate the heavier person. (this actually happened to my SO when a heavier woman sat next to him last week; the flight attendant simply asked him to move to another seat, he complied, everyone was happy and safe) Obviously this solution won't always work, and it certainly doesn't help the issue with the too-narrow aisles, but it's a decent temporary fix.

Also, I have a serious issue with the fluctuating standards of seat and aisle size that airlines seem to have. There's no way this man can quickly exit the plan in the event of an emergency, first of all - the aisles are too narrow. And at what point will airlines catch on that by requiring larger-sized passengers to essentially pay double, they can double their profits... so institute that requirement, then make the seats smaller so more people have to buy 2 seats! They've already subtly done this to tall people: By reducing the amount of leg room, anyone above 6'0" is going to be at least mildly uncomfortable, so airlines such as United can and do sell "extended legroom" seats for extra money. They've already begun making money on personal attributes like height, what's to stop them from extending to weight?

Here's what I think should happen: The FAA needs to step in and regulate this. They need to determine a seat and aisle size that will accommodate at least 97-98% of the population and implement it. This is not just an issue of airlines gouging their passengers; it's also a safety issue, and as such the status quo is completely unacceptable. If a passenger cannot be accommodated, they will be required to buy two seats. Failure to comply will cause the passenger to be fined, and if s/he cannot be accomodated by seat shifts on their current flight, they may be bumped to another flight time where they can be accommodated.
milk from space is good for you!

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:12 pm UTC

Interesting point about safety in an emergency. i don' think he's going to fit out the window emergency exit either. He should probably be required to get a seat within a certain distance of a door exit. Solves the aisle issue as well.

In a statement, American Airlines said: "At this time American Airlines is unable to confirm whether or not the image referred to was taken by a member of flight crew but will investigate the situation internally to determine if any of the airline's strict policies were not correctly applied.

Who else read this as, "AA will find out if this picture was made public by an employee and if so will fire her."?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Decker

Postby Decker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:20 pm UTC

One of the things that struck me is, not only is the guy very wide, he's extreemly tall compared to the other people in the picture.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:23 pm UTC

Spacemilk wrote:Here's what I think should happen: The FAA needs to step in and regulate this. They need to determine a seat and aisle size that will accommodate at least 97-98% of the population and implement it.
Weight and height are probably normally distributed. Let's call it 95% of the population for easy calculation. That means you want the FAA to regulate seat size such that anyone up to two standard deviations heavier than the mean could sit comfortably. Do you think the man in the photograph was within two standard deviations of mean weight?

Also, yes, emergency procedures. Other people besides the man could have been at risk. I'd say a little more, but I don't want to derail the thread to discuss "People have the right to be as fat as they want."
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:26 pm UTC

p.s. AA sucks balls. Never have I ever had a flight with them be on-time, and I've flown with them for approximately 10 round trips in the past year and a half, for work. What's annoying is that they will frequently load everyone in the plane on time, then they will have you sit in the un-air-conditioned, stuffy plane for at least an hour while they wait on delays they knew would happen. (the most common is a missing flight crew. this has occurred in probably 6-7 of the 10 trips I've taken with them)

Their flight attendants are some of the most rude people. A mother, who was sitting next to me, once tried to get a cup of water for her 5-year-old after we'd been sitting on the stationary, hot-as-fuck plane for almost two hours. She came back without the water, and she said the flight attendant scolded her for moving about (in a stationary plane?!) and said that she would not get water and was not allowed to exit the plane to get water.

[/end AA rant]

fake edit: Decker: He's sitting on the armrest. That's why.

Briareos wrote:Weight and height are probably normally distributed. Let's call it 95% of the population for easy calculation. That means you want the FAA to regulate seat size such that anyone up to two standard deviations heavier than the mean could sit comfortably. Do you think the man in the photograph was within two standard deviations of mean weight?

No, I don't think he's within two standard deviations. He would be required to pay for an extra seat. [which, by the way, I think should be discounted unless the flight becomes full. If the airline wasn't going to sell that seat anyway, the passenger shouldn't pay full fare; if the airline could sell that seat for full price, the passenger should make up the difference.]

But even though he might not be included, at least the remaining passengers have been protected from price gouging. And since the aisles will be wider, at least he can sidestep down the aisles, most likely. [something that I do not think is presently possible, looking at the picture]

Decker

Postby Decker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:30 pm UTC

Spacemilk wrote:fake edit: Decker: He's sitting on the armrest. That's why.

Ah. Well that must me uncomfortable. Can't he put the armrest up or something?
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:31 pm UTC

Decker wrote:
Spacemilk wrote:fake edit: Decker: He's sitting on the armrest. That's why.

Ah. Well that must me uncomfortable. Can't he put the armrest up or something?

IIRC, I don't think the aisle armests can be put up; only the middle ones can. =/

icanus

Postby icanus » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:37 pm UTC

Spacemilk wrote:No, I don't think he's within two standard deviations. He would be required to pay for an extra seat. [which, by the way, I think should be discounted unless the flight becomes full. If the airline wasn't going to sell that seat anyway, the passenger shouldn't pay full fare; if the airline could sell that seat for full price, the passenger should make up the difference.]

As long as I get my second seat for my guitar/cello/golf clubs at the same discount if the plane isn't full.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:38 pm UTC

icanus wrote:
Spacemilk wrote:No, I don't think he's within two standard deviations. He would be required to pay for an extra seat. [which, by the way, I think should be discounted unless the flight becomes full. If the airline wasn't going to sell that seat anyway, the passenger shouldn't pay full fare; if the airline could sell that seat for full price, the passenger should make up the difference.]

As long as I get my second seat for my guitar/cello/golf clubs at the same discount if the plane isn't full.

Uh ok, sure, why not, in my theoretical situation I will grant you the ability to do so. [what does this have to do with the current situation? such nuances could be discussed later. let's stay on topic.]

Crius

Postby Crius » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:58 pm UTC

Spacemilk wrote:Also, I have a serious issue with the fluctuating standards of seat and aisle size that airlines seem to have. There's no way this man can quickly exit the plan in the event of an emergency, first of all - the aisles are too narrow. And at what point will airlines catch on that by requiring larger-sized passengers to essentially pay double, they can double their profits... so institute that requirement, then make the seats smaller so more people have to buy 2 seats! They've already subtly done this to tall people: By reducing the amount of leg room, anyone above 6'0" is going to be at least mildly uncomfortable, so airlines such as United can and do sell "extended legroom" seats for extra money. They've already begun making money on personal attributes like height, what's to stop them from extending to weight?

Here's what I think should happen: The FAA needs to step in and regulate this. They need to determine a seat and aisle size that will accommodate at least 97-98% of the population and implement it. This is not just an issue of airlines gouging their passengers; it's also a safety issue, and as such the status quo is completely unacceptable. If a passenger cannot be accommodated, they will be required to buy two seats. Failure to comply will cause the passenger to be fined, and if s/he cannot be accomodated by seat shifts on their current flight, they may be bumped to another flight time where they can be accommodated.

Space is a valuable commodity on an airplane - I don't see a problem with charging people who use more space more money. I do like the policy of reimbursing the customer if the flight is not full (therfore space is not as valuable). If we regulate planes so that all seats are essentially "extended legroom" seats, the cost of all tickets would go up, and we'd all be forced to pay for extended legroom whether we need it or not (being on the tall side myself, I can certainly empathize with the need for extended legroom).

I do agree that if you let someone on board, that person needs to be able to exit the plane safely during an emergency. Would this person have trouble, though? He obviously was able to use the aisle to get to his seat, though it's possible he may have had a bit of trouble. I'm not sure if he would have any trouble getting out the emergency escape, though (from my last time flying, I don't think they were that small, though).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:13 pm UTC

I find it curious that we're willing to accommodate a larger person who needs to purchase two seats on an airplane (which to be clear, I agree with), but are not willing to accommodate parents with screaming children (airline policy is such that parents and unruly tots can be asked to disembark and reschedule their flight). I understand the difference between the two, but it seems interesting where we draw the line of 'inconveniencing' Personally, I think we (Americans) as a society are incredibly overly sensitive to violations to our audible space, particularly in public places.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Mokele

Postby Mokele » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:27 pm UTC

I find it curious that we're willing to accommodate a larger person who needs to purchase two seats on an airplane (which to be clear, I agree with), but are not willing to accommodate parents with screaming children (airline policy is such that parents and unruly tots can be asked to disembark and reschedule their flight).

Buh? I've had many, many flights with screaming larval humans over the past few years, and nobody's thrown them off even if they were making a ruckus prior to takeoff (though I've been tempted to do so without landing the plane on several occasions).

The two aren't really that comparable; the comfort issue due to a large passenger can be solved simply and permanently with the use of two seats, but in spite of my many inventive ways to stop the screaming larval humans, spoilsports still insist that infanticide is somehow "bad".
"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw" - J. Burns, Biograffiti

Crius

Postby Crius » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:41 pm UTC

Like Mokele said, audible space is shared, physical space is not. The two aren't really comparable.

Not to mention that flying is an inherently stressful experience for many people - adding a screaming toddler for several hours could cause some real problems.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:42 pm UTC

I once did a 3.5-hour flight from Nicaragua to Houston, where a small Chihuahua was allowed in the cabin, in the seat directly behind me, and it didn't stop yapping from the moment its owner sat down. Not once. I almost went deaf because I had to turn up my PMP so loudly just to drown out the dog. I pity everyone who didn't have some way to stop the noise.

Very very VERY rarely do airlines kick parents off because they have a child who is simply being loud. I think you'd have to have a kid who was actively trying to destroy things in the midst of a monster temper tantrum for them to even consider kicking the family off.

And Mokele is right; that's not really a comparable situation because there's a simple solution to this current problem. Now, if we were to install soundproof solitary confinement chambers for these children in each airplane, we would have an acceptable solution. :) (joking!... kind of!)

Mokele

Postby Mokele » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:53 pm UTC

I once did a 3.5-hour flight from Nicaragua to Houston, where a small Chihuahua was allowed in the cabin, in the seat directly behind me, and it didn't stop yapping from the moment its owner sat down. Not once. I almost went deaf because I had to turn up my PMP so loudly just to drown out the dog. I pity everyone who didn't have some way to stop the noise.

OT: That actually pisses me off more than any potential seatmate or crying larvae, because all it takes to turn a great flight into a miserable one for me is a single cat in the cabin. Even double-dosing on Claratin won't stop it, and I'll be suffering for days because their over-evolved-dinosaur-popcorn couldn't stand to be in the hold for an hour.

(Even worse for me is the fact that you can easily bring on a dog or cat, which are loud and allergy-inducing, but one small herbivorous lizard which cannot cause allergies and lacks any kind of vocal apparatus is some sort of monster to be confined to the cargo hold and tightly regulated.)
"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw" - J. Burns, Biograffiti

tzvibish

Postby tzvibish » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:05 pm UTC

Screaming babies is a tough subject.

On the one hand, you would expect (you would be wrong though) parents to have some kind of idea on how to make their kid happy.

On the other hand, sometimes kids just cry, and it's a fact of life.

Either way, since when has there been a law that says there must be peace and quiet on airborne travel? Why do people feel entitled to this? Oh, probably because they paid hundreds of dollars for their bus ticket. But still, ahve some sympathy for the parents. They really do try.

I remember I was a plane once where a single father who obviously did not know what he was doing was trying to get his get child to stop screaming. Eventually, a woman who did know what she was doing offered to help and succeeded to quiet the child (no, she didn't shake it. I know you all were thinking it..... or was it just me.... awkward....). This is a much more effective solution than kicking the kid off.

Animals are a different story.
-Featuring the Comic Strip XKCD!

Endless Mike

Postby Endless Mike » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:29 pm UTC

Animals should be tranqulized before being brought on board. I've taken my friend Catherine on a flight (one way, since I was bringing him to my new home from my parents') and getting some pills from the vet was no harder than telling her what I was doing. Not that he's loud at all, but he basically slept the entire flight.

Random832

Postby Random832 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:34 pm UTC

Endless Mike wrote:Animals should be tranqulized before being brought on board. I've taken my friend Catherine on a flight (one way, since I was bringing him to my new home from my parents') and getting some pills from the vet was no harder than telling her what I was doing. Not that he's loud at all, but he basically slept the entire flight.

And what about allergies?

Duban

Postby Duban » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 pm UTC

Random832 wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:Animals should be tranqulized before being brought on board. I've taken my friend Catherine on a flight (one way, since I was bringing him to my new home from my parents') and getting some pills from the vet was no harder than telling her what I was doing. Not that he's loud at all, but he basically slept the entire flight.

And what about allergies?

Washing them well beforehand would help a lot. If you combine that with moving people around who do have allergies it shouldn't be too much of a problem. A slight inconvenience perhaps, but there's worse things.

The smart thing to do would be to impose the restrictions on the person bringing the animal and call it a "privilege"
It is not the gods I fear. No, It is those who claim to speak for them that concern me.

kiklion

Postby kiklion » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:30 pm UTC

I have only travelled by air once so I have a question to those who do it often. Could you get two tickets (or even three) to get more room/aisle to lay down in?

JBJ

Postby JBJ » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:49 pm UTC

kiklion wrote:I have only travelled by air once so I have a question to those who do it often. Could you get two tickets (or even three) to get more room/aisle to lay down in?

No. Well, technically yes, but really, no.

Airlines often overbook flights, and many people travel on standby. If you are on a full flight, you could buy as many tickets as you want but you can only have them scan one at the gate. When they see that your 1 or 2 extra tickets haven't checked in, they will call in standby passengers to fill those seats. If the flight isn't full you could have those empty seats, but you could have had those empty seats anyway without paying for them.
So, you sacked the cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker?
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

Burkitt

Postby Burkitt » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:55 pm UTC

They let cats and dogs on planes? I didn't know that. I'd always assumed it was banned for exactly the annoyances given, not to mention toilet arrangements and safety considerations. Is this only a US thing, as I've never heard of it happening in the UK?

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:36 pm UTC

icanus wrote:

As long as your guitar/cello/golf clubs are attached to you in such a way that they can't be removed, sure.
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 pm UTC

Cynical Idealist wrote:
icanus wrote:

As long as your guitar/cello/golf clubs are attached to you in such a way that they can't be removed, sure.

I see what you did there!
MrGee wrote:I would never eat a person. Have you seen the conditions they're raised in?
kapojinha wrote:You're amazing, which is why I'm going to marry you.

Angua wrote:coordinated baby attacks

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:14 pm UTC

tzvibish wrote:But still, ahve some sympathy for the parents. They really do try.

This is often not true though. I'm not a frequent flier but on the train I regularly catch it is fairly often that there are noisy kids (or adults) who literally don't try to think about how it's affecting other people.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

natraj

Postby natraj » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:52 pm UTC

Burkitt wrote:They let cats and dogs on planes? I didn't know that. I'd always assumed it was banned for exactly the annoyances given, not to mention toilet arrangements and safety considerations. Is this only a US thing, as I've never heard of it happening in the UK?

Yeah, you have to pay an extra fee but you can bring pets on the plane so long as you have appropriate carriers for them. Generally just cats and dogs, though, and other animals are more strictly regulated (there was only one airline that would let me bring my ferret in the cabin with me, and even that one eventually changed their policy) which is pretty obnoxious because in most cases there is no real reason except cats and dogs are more popular pets.
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 pm UTC

I once tried flying with a pair of caged rats, and was told it was a no go. The girl I was flying with had a kitty with her, and that was fine. The logic, the airplane said, completely stone faced, was that my rats could escape and get into the plane... I swear, the cat was smaller then my two Spragues.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

tzvibish

Postby tzvibish » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:21 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:
tzvibish wrote:But still, ahve some sympathy for the parents. They really do try.

This is often not true though. I'm not a frequent flier but on the train I regularly catch it is fairly often that there are noisy kids (or adults) who literally don't try to think about how it's affecting other people.

Well, I think planes and trains are different simply sumply due to the amount of time and lack of space and boundries on a plane. On a plane, people are practically sitting on top of you, so you're forced to at least recognize the fact that you're bothering someone.
-Featuring the Comic Strip XKCD!

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:38 pm UTC

tzvibish wrote:
Gelsamel wrote:

Well, I think planes and trains are different simply sumply due to the amount of time and lack of space and boundries on a plane. On a plane, people are practically sitting on top of you, so you're forced to at least recognize the fact that you're bothering someone.

Well, I donno what your trains (No that's only about half as crowded as it often is) are like... But more I just meant that parents are susceptible to being total fuckfaces and doing things like not giving a crap about their loud kids who are disturbing everyone or, say, actively making a lot of noise themselves.

Of course some do try and I think it would be a good idea to take refuge in those attempts to perhaps steel yourself against the disturbance rather than kicking them off.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

Sonic132

Postby Sonic132 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:56 pm UTC

On the topic of loud kids on airlines: obviously the only solution is to carry a very small, one shot, compressed air powered plastic tranquilizer dart gun.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 am UTC

Sonic132 wrote:On the topic of loud kids on airlines: obviously the only solution is to carry a very small, one shot, compressed air powered plastic tranquilizer dart gun.

or we make it mandatory for the kids to wear the face masks, and knock them out with oxygen.

Internetmeme

Postby Internetmeme » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:40 am UTC

Do you have to pay extra for luggage over a weight limit?
Spoiler:

The Reaper

Postby The Reaper » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:45 am UTC

Internetmeme wrote:Do you have to pay extra for luggage over a weight limit?

Yes

Internetmeme

Postby Internetmeme » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:46 am UTC

The Reaper wrote:
Internetmeme wrote:Do you have to pay extra for luggage over a weight limit?

Yes

Isn't it because it costs more to transport extra luggage?
Spoiler:

Return to “News & Articles”