Man throws money at, insults Parkinson's sufferer at protest

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

Iulus Cofield
WINNING

Man throws money at, insults Parkinson's sufferer at protest

Postby Iulus Cofield » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:29 pm UTC

http://wonkette.com/414441/psychopath-who-threw-money-at-parkinsons-sufferer-finally-admits-doing-this

Spoiler:
The people of Columbus, Ohio, were understandably delighted 40 years ago when a small turd mistaken for an aborted fetus actually began to yell in rudimentary English about “communists.” The so-called Columbus Miracle Baby never did anything else of note until last week, when it began yelling and throwing dollar bills at an old man suffering from Parkinson’s Disease

The now-adult turd, “Chris Reichert of Victorian Village,” bravely wasted many days after the videotaped display of insane rage denying that he had, in fact, heckled and then tossed a few dollar bills at a very sick man who had come out to Congresswoman Mary Jo Kilroy’s district office in support of health insurance reform. But now, it’s time for the Healing to Begin.

This angry Teutonic turd, “Reichert,” lied for a while about being the angry Teutonic turd who verbally assaulted 60-year-old Robert A. Letcher, a nuclear engineer who has Parkinson’s Disease. “Reichert” says he has no idea why he did this, or why he denied it, and actually doesn’t even know why he was at the rally. It’s all a mystery!

But after millions of people watched his foul outburst, he is terrified of the Internet, so now he has made a donation (three wadded-up dollar bills?) to some Parkinson’s charity, you know, “that starts the healing process.” He actually said that, to a newspaper reporter. Fucking idiot.

Reichert, a registered Republican, said he is not politically active. He said he heard about the rally on the radio and a neighbor invited him to attend.

“That was my first time at any political rally and I’m never going to another one,” Reichert said. “I will never ever, ever go to another one.”

If only the rest of the teabaggers followed his Brave Example.

Apologies for the vitriolic tone of the article, but it seems every blogpost about this is understandably angry. What does it say about our inherent psychological makeup that we can dehumanize each other so easily?

Korrente

Re: Man throws money at, insults Parkinson's sufferer at pro

Postby Korrente » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:37 pm UTC

Was it necessary to point out his political affiliation? He may be registered Rep. but after going out of his way to say 'I'm not political' it annoys me that the blog then associated him with the tea party. He just seems like a jerk with low self control, not a Tea Party activist.

Iulus Cofield
WINNING

Postby Iulus Cofield » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:44 pm UTC

My understanding is that he was widely reported to be affiliated with the Tea Party because he was at an anti-health-care-reform protest and because he was unavailable for comment until the posted article.

Wodashin

Postby Wodashin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:52 pm UTC

We're talking about the dehumanization of Reichert, right?

This article is poorly written, and there is an overuse of the word 'turd'. I know you apologized for the content, but holy crap, this guy couldn't just write an article?

All I see is, idiot goes to rally because someone asked him to. He goes, does idiotic thing. An idiot goes, "Look at this idiot!" and writes an article about how terrible the idiot is. We read the article.

We dehumanize people because some people need a group to project their idiocy and hate upon. Be it the Tea Party, blacks, Asians, Democrats, Republicans, Vegetarians, PETA, hunters, etc.. Some people are just idiots and can't help but attack others, and it's easier to do that when you separate them from yourselves. The Reichert guy is a hateful idiot and the writer of this article is a hateful idiot. It's just disgusting how people can't stop projecting their prejudices into their reporting. HURR, THE GUY WHO DID 'X' BAD THING WAS A DEMOCRAT/REPUBLICAN. THEY'RE ALL TERRIBLE AND SHOULD DIE. I AM GENIUS.

Iulus Cofield
WINNING

Postby Iulus Cofield » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:54 pm UTC

Wodashin wrote:We're talking about the dehumanization of Reichert, right?

Both Reichert and Letcher.

Korrente

Postby Korrente » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:56 pm UTC

It said the old man had come out in support of healthcare insurance reform, I assumed that's what they were both there for but I can't watch the video. Either way [Ninja'd by Wodashin].

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:58 pm UTC

this guy couldn't just write an article?

It's a blog post from a blog, which, I understand, are people's personal platforms of expression. Not that I don't think the tone is bafflingly vitriolic, but blog writers aren't tied to any journalist-type obligations.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 pm UTC

I have no problem with angry, biased articles (as long as the author is honest about his bias, I don't mind bias. We all have opinions). But this article is simply unreadable. If the author had spent less time writing down pointless insults and more time making sure his sentences and paragraphs actually went somewhere, it might have been interesting. As it is, I can only recommend that the author of that piece never pursue a career in writing.

But why is this news? Guy x insults guy y. Probably happens about a billion times each day.

Also, this guy is obviously not a psychopath.
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist
- Bernard Woolley in Yes, Prime Minister

++$_
Mo' Money

Postby ++$_ » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:59 pm UTC

Diadem wrote:I can only recommend that the author of that piece never pursue a career in writing.
Too late.

Wodashin

Postby Wodashin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:07 pm UTC

Diadem, quite obviously you are a Teutonic/German turd poop face. Just like all those other teabaggers. You should take your turd face and go be an idiot elsewhere.

I thought this was an article, apparently it's a blog. Sorry.

This guy's writing makes me somehow hate him more than the guy who threw money at the man with Parkinson's.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 pm UTC

Careful Wodashin, or I will get my Teutonic turd throwing trebuchet and release my Furor Teutonicus.
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist
- Bernard Woolley in Yes, Prime Minister

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:18 am UTC

Diadem wrote:Careful Wodashin, or I will get my Teutonic turd throwing trebuchet and release my Furor Teutonicus.

I'm sorry, I'll pit my Gauls against your Teutons!

drkslvr

Postby drkslvr » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:12 am UTC

What that guy is reputed to have done is pretty terrible, but not at all surprising. I think it's the embodiment of the new American spirit: "More for me and screw everyone else. I was born into health, race, and money by my own hard work, so I have no reason to care about anyone other than me." Most folks aren't that verbal about it, but I imagine a good 30-40% of us think that way. I wish I could make them see how crazy what they're saying really is, but I don't know how. Rest of the world: I'm sorry.

As to that blog post in particular, I think Wodashin is right. I'm too busy disliking the author for how he wrote to properly dislike the subject for the way he acted.
Help a paralyzed kitten get surgery! Fundly.com/Help-Link-Walk-Again
Like Link's page for photos and updates on his status: Facebook.com/HelpLinkWalkAgain

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:20 am UTC

Twelve months later, still news?
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Iulus Cofield
WINNING

Postby Iulus Cofield » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:27 am UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:Twelve months later, still news?

*facepalm*

This was posted on another forum I go to, so I saw the March date and assumed it was recent.

drkslvr

Postby drkslvr » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 am UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:Twelve months later, still news?

Well, in his defense, it was news to me!
Help a paralyzed kitten get surgery! Fundly.com/Help-Link-Walk-Again
Like Link's page for photos and updates on his status: Facebook.com/HelpLinkWalkAgain

Return to “News & Articles”