Racism -> trying to hire undercover cop for oral sex

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

UmbrageOfSnow
Not Fully Human

Racism -> trying to hire undercover cop for oral sex

Postby UmbrageOfSnow » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:26 pm UTC

Wow, this is one of the most irony rich stories I've seen in a long time. I tried to find a relatively complete and non-inflammatory source that still had all the details. Most go pretty over the top with this. Short version, "I, the anti-gay, "family values" legislator, offered an undercover police officer $20 to give him homosexual oral sex, but this is ok, because I only did it out of fear of black people."

Really the amount of irony here is mind boggling.
yellie wrote:Confession: I just had to look up the word ubiquitous because I kept seeing it all over the place and had no idea what it meant.

mrguy753

Postby mrguy753 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:42 pm UTC

Apparently, being racist is better than being gay. Cuz, you know, being gay TOTALLY directly affects how you treat other people around you, and racism doesn't. Totally. All day long.
I sing anyway.

UmbrageOfSnow
Not Fully Human

Postby UmbrageOfSnow » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:43 pm UTC

mrguy753 wrote:Apparently, being racist is better than being gay. Cuz, you know, being gay TOTALLY directly affects how you treat other people around you, and racism doesn't. Totally. All day long.

Well he was in Florida...
I never want to live anywhere near the South.
yellie wrote:Confession: I just had to look up the word ubiquitous because I kept seeing it all over the place and had no idea what it meant.

mrguy753

Postby mrguy753 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:45 pm UTC

UmbrageOfSnow wrote:Well he was in Florida...

Except for maybe Austin. I've heard it's pretty cool (not temperature wise) there.
I sing anyway.

Herman

Postby Herman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:45 pm UTC

I saw this on the Daily Show last night. Seriously, how easy is their job? This stuff just writes itself. "Yes, apparently yesterday Dick Cheney shot an old man in the face. That is all." I wouldn't be surprised if they all voted Republican in 2004. Why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC

Herman wrote:I saw this on the Daily Show last night. Seriously, how easy is their job? This stuff just writes itself. "Yes, apparently yesterday Dick Cheney shot an old man in the face. That is all." I wouldn't be surprised if they all voted Republican in 2004. Why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?

I remember a Daily Show episode where John Stewart was talking about the fact that they make their living making fun of the government. His comment on the elections was "Make out job difficult!", which I jsut thought was brilliant.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

German Sausage
3 of 5

Postby German Sausage » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:41 pm UTC

yeah, there was a comedian over here for the comedy festival whose brief spot on something i watched went
'so. as an american, lots of people ask me who i voted for. Bush! what did you expect? i'm a comedian!'
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

nrioq

Postby nrioq » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:01 pm UTC

What I like about that politician is that he managed to alienate everyone.

Now a Democrat's reaction to a politician getting busted paying to give fellatio to someone would be something like, "Yah, but the economy is good" or "Well, he did put more money into education". Republicans are much less forgiving for that sort of thing.

But the racism, that just tops it off. I feel like Republicans are fairly indifferent when it come to racism. But for Democrats, that's pretty much the end of you.

Congrats to that dude for making himself effectively radioactive to everyone in American.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:06 pm UTC

Now a Democrat's reaction to a politician getting busted paying to give fellatio to someone would be something like, "Yah, but the economy is good" or "Well, he did put more money into education". Republicans are much less forgiving for that sort of thing.

Or, "Yeah, but did he ever campaign against blowjobs? No? Okay. Ignore it."

What's particularly damning in this case is that this guy has been pretty vocally anti gay-rights.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Gunfingers

Postby Gunfingers » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:09 pm UTC

Really, though, i think this would be a huge blow to any politician's re-election efforts.

Bondolon

Postby Bondolon » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:28 pm UTC

UmbrageOfSnow wrote:
mrguy753 wrote:Apparently, being racist is better than being gay. Cuz, you know, being gay TOTALLY directly affects how you treat other people around you, and racism doesn't. Totally. All day long.

Well he was in Florida...

People are really very friendly here in the South. By and large, they're just like people from anyone else, but generally more willing to talk to random people in public, and quite a bit more willing to help people. However, the South is also the home of the worst kind of fundamentalists you're going to find, and a bunch of morons (the morons aren't just in the South, I know). Really, it's a very nice place, and the people you see on the news are as shockingly bizarre to you as they are to everyone else in the South. They aren't the norm... they are the small exception. However, politicians from the South are excellent about telling Christian voters here exactly what they want to hear (and rarely what the politician xherself actually thinks). Politicians everywhere are excellent liars, and the South is no exception.

EvanED

Postby EvanED » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:00 pm UTC

To be fair, technically all that you can conclude is that he thinks that being racist is better than being BOTH gay AND someone who solicits people for sex for $20.

That last bit makes all the difference.

I Zimbra

Postby I Zimbra » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:44 pm UTC

Will people ever learn that there are some problems that you can't just blow your way out of?

Also I bet if he had really, really tried he could find a person to perform oral sex on for free and saved himself $20. Apparently he's never heard of craigslist.
Take your play seriously

mrguy753

Postby mrguy753 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:20 am UTC

EvanED wrote:

To be fair, technically all that you can conclude is that he thinks that being racist is better than being BOTH gay AND someone who solicits people for sex for $20.

That last bit makes all the difference.

Ok, i left that part out. However, i am still confused about which is more shnameful.
I sing anyway.

LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:12 pm UTC

mrguy753 wrote:shnameful.

((I smell I title coming on))

((Only Belial/devean is to delete this post))
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

arbivark

Postby arbivark » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:00 pm UTC

Big black guy accosts him in a public place and wants money.
He thinks maybe he's about to be robbed. He's right.
Nothing especially racist about that.

Don't these cops have anything better to do? Maybe, oh, fight crime?

Return to “News & Articles”