Is this the same Dick Cheney?

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

Gadren

Is this the same Dick Cheney?

Postby Gadren » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:28 am UTC

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Chene ... on_of_Iraq

Found this today, and was a little creeped out. Is this some sort of alternate-reality sensible Cheney, or does Cheney have the ability to look into the future (and the stupidity to ignore it), or what? O_O

Dr. Venture

Postby Dr. Venture » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:50 am UTC

Wow! I just posted in another thread saying I don't believe in the supernatural, but that is almost enough to make me believe Cheney is psychic :D .

Seriously though, that is an interesting video, considering that Cheney is now apparently the strongest cheerleader in the executive branch (or whatever branch he considers himself to be) for "staying the course". He seems almost... rational in that video.
Resident super-scientist.

Invisible_Insane
Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Postby Invisible_Insane » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:11 am UTC

Holy. Shit.
God is to Microsoft as Human Nature is to Windows Vista.

ArmonSore

Postby ArmonSore » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:02 am UTC

This is depressing on a whole new level.
I was useful Yesterday.
-Paul McCartney.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:03 am UTC

Invisible_Insane wrote:Holy. Shit.

qft.

RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.

Postby RealGrouchy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:35 am UTC

Due to the sheer mindbogglingness of that video, I am going to overlook the following:

- This is a link to a Digg page which contains a link to a Youtube video, instead of being a direct link to the Youtube video (while I do not have a Digg account, I am allowing this so that people can mark it as something they have "Digg"ed.) If it gets enough "Digg" votes, TDS might take note.

- Since this is effectively a link to a Youtube video, it should have been posted in the "Something on Youtube" thread. In fact, someone go there now and post a link to this thread AND the video.

- The posts PRIOR TO THIS ONE containing only "QFT" and/or "Holy shit", or variants thereof. Posts must contain meaningful content, otherwise the jam up the tubes and make these threads less fun to read. (Posts of this nature which follow my post will be deleted.)

Also, Cheney was not "Psychic", he was saying the same thing then that many people were saying in the leadup to Gulf War II. He still knows it is true, and has known it all along, he just didn't have any motivation to hide it at the time.

Can someone remind the group when PNAC was started? I can't recall off the top of my head, and I'm too busy moderating this thread to go find it myself.

- RG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

I Zimbra

Postby I Zimbra » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:43 am UTC

PNAC started in the late 90s. I think '97. The whitepaper of theirs that everyone references was published in '99 or '00. It's worth pointing out that PNAC was just another rightwing welfare outlet until the shit hit the fan on 9/11 and they got to lay out the blueprint for our foreign policy.

I think it's also worth noting that the reason invading Baghdad was such a bad idea back then was that gas was still less than a buck a gallon, and the (decepti)Cons were getting their willies hard over the thought of a conflict with China and/or some former Russian states.
Take your play seriously

Invisible_Insane
Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Postby Invisible_Insane » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:02 am UTC

My apologies, RG. I simply could not think of an articulate way to respond to that at the moment. Cheney provides an absolutely rational, accurate, prediction of the events that would be caused by an invasion of Iraq.

And then it happens anyway.

The depths of human depravity never ceases to amaze me. I also feel as if the media has seriously, seriously failed us. I don't remember hearing anything about this video before the invasion. Having it publicized would have definitely been a huge blow to Bush's credibility, and the Democrats might have actually had the balls to call Bush on his bullshit. It's really unbelievable.
God is to Microsoft as Human Nature is to Windows Vista.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:19 am UTC

Now I'm wondering when this video was "found". Who knew about it prior to Iraq and why didn't they tell us?

And yes, it is astonishing to see the amazing changes in personality brought about by a little extra cash in the piggybank. Apparently, Cheney's Halliburton stock has gone up more than 3,000% since the start of the Iraq war...

RealGrouchy wrote:- The posts PRIOR TO THIS ONE containing only "QFT" and/or "Holy shit", or variants thereof. Posts must contain meaningful content, otherwise the jam up the tubes and make these threads less fun to read. (Posts of this nature which follow my post will be deleted.

Heh. :oops:

Pathway
Leon Sumbitches...?

Postby Pathway » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:19 am UTC

Invisible_Insane wrote:The depths of human depravity never ceases to amaze me. I also feel as if the media has seriously, seriously failed us. I don't remember hearing anything about this video before the invasion. Having it publicized would have definitely been a huge blow to Bush's credibility, and the Democrats might have actually had the balls to call Bush on his bullshit. It's really unbelievable.

Hell--if this had been aired in 2004, the "flip-flop" flim-flam might have been a non-issue, as Rove & Co. could have been forced to concede that changing circumstances should cause changing POVs. (They probably could've found a way to claim that Cheney was consistent and Kerry wasn't, though. God they were good at their jobs.)
SargeZT wrote:Oh dear no, I love penguins. They're my favorite animal ever besides cows.

The reason I would kill penguins would be, no one ever, ever fucking kills penguins.

e946

Postby e946 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:37 am UTC

I'm getting sick of all this political bullshit in general.

LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:19 pm UTC

e946 wrote:I'm getting sick of all this political bullshit in general.

This is News/Articles, not general.
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

e946

Postby e946 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:13 am UTC

Holy shit, they played this on the daily show tonight.

Peshmerga
Mad Hatter

Postby Peshmerga » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:26 am UTC

And it's surfacing now... why?
i hurd u liek mudkips???

Aetre

Postby Aetre » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:32 am UTC

Peshmerga wrote:And it's surfacing now... why?
amen.

e946

Postby e946 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:44 am UTC

Yeah, it would have been nice to see in 2003.

peejay

Postby peejay » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:50 am UTC

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 90_pf.html

Apologies for first post being a link, but it's interessant nonetheless.

Return to “News & Articles”