Hammer, defend yourself

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

hocl

Hammer, defend yourself

Postby hocl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm UTC

In this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37865&start=40 , I was discussing SSM, and other posters repeatedly refused to discuss the issue respectfully. When I reported a post, Hammer, posted this, then locked the thread, preventing me from responding:

Hammer wrote:And we have yet another N&A thread with the "tattletale" effect where people are sniping at each other about spelling and who can name the most logical fallacies in-thread while hitting the Report Post button on each other behind the scenes. Welcome back to second grade.

Since you folks say that you are simply unable to lay off, foe or ignore someone who thinks quote-sniping = discussion in the somewhat rough neighborhood that is N&A, then I'll help you do so. Thread locked.

The "someone who thinks quote-sniping = discussion" line clearly refers to me, and is a load of bullshit. I made a remark about someone's spelling, which the other posters then insisted on making the center of a major discussion. My comment was this:

Yes, because it's a valid arguement.
First of all, it's "argument". Silent e's disappear when suffixes are added. Secondly, outright denying blatantly true facts is not a valid argument.
[/quote]

How exactly was this quote-sniping? And how, exactly, does ONE LINE in the midst of dozens of lines establish that I think that quote-sniping = discussion? And where do you get off implying that the entirety of the problem was their failure to ignore me, rather than the fact that they refused to respectfully address my points?

I guess in the future, I'll just spell a bunch of words wrong. If anyone mentions it, I'll yell "Quote Sniping!" and declare myself the winner.

Hammer
Because all of you look like nails.

Re: Hammer, defend yourself

Postby Hammer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:23 pm UTC

hocl wrote:Hammer, defend yourself

No.
"What's wrong with you mathematicians? Cake is never a problem."

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:45 pm UTC

Hammer wrote:
hocl wrote:Hammer, defend yourself

No.

But if you're still hankering to be abused by a moderator, I charge only modestly for my services.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:46 pm UTC

He's been banned for a day, until he cools down a bit.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”