tl;dr Two sets of people want to kill off the innocent mob and the mob needs to get rid of the two sets of people.
First off, the basic rules of the game, as posted by Vox Imperatoris.
Vox Imperatoris wrote:Hello everyone!
Mafia, also known as Werewolf (to infidels, we shall not speak of them), is a game originating in real life, but adapted for a forum setting. Basically, you have a small village of innocent people, but hidden among them is a group of nasty mafiosos, wpt a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
9. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
10. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.
The roles will be assigned randomly. The game will also start in the day phase to give everyone at least a day of playtime. There are no time limits yet, but I may decide to implement them if the game starts dragging on forever.
hose sole goal is to have at least 50% of the population belong to their organization so that they can control the lynch-votes. Since they cannot recruit people, the only way to achieve this is bloody murder, but not more than one per night. The rest of the town uses their deductive abilities, along with some special roles, to find these infiltrators and lynch them.
xkcd Village is a lawless place, and the only form of justice is the old-fashioned lynch mob. Every "day" (this will be explained shortly), the town chooses a member to hang with a simple majority vote. For the more peaceful towns , "no lynch" is also a valid vote. After the mob has strung up the citizen, his house will be investigated overnight (it would seem reasonable to do that before the hanging, no?) and it will be announced if the town hanged a member of the mafia or an innocent townie. There are no "takebacks", once a majority vote has been reached, even for one minute, the "day" is over and the night begins.
You must bold your vote and place it on a separate line for it to my fault if I miss it and therefore do not count it in the official tally.
Example: I think Vox Imperatoris is dirty mafia scum because he said he was the cop, then later said he was the doctor. NB: That would be really stupid, don't do something like that.
Vote: Vox Imperatoris
I changed my mind now, it's definitely RandomGuy.
Unvote: Vox Imperatoris
Night—when everything else happens:
People who are not just regular townies (that will be just over half of you), have special powers that are used at night. The most important of these is that of the mafia, but there are also other roles.
The mafia confer through PMs at night only (this part requires the honor code, so please don't ruin the game) about whom they plan to kill; when they reach a unanimous decision, they will PM it to me and I will record it secretly. If you receive the role of a mafia member, you must try especially hard to blend in with the others and subtly place the blame elsewhere. Too little, and the lynch mob will eventually find you; try to take control of it on the first day, and the mob will start to wonder why the mafia hasn't killed you.
1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread.
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.The Suits are a lie
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, I'll keep a running tab of players who want to be replacements.
5. Conversely, don't spam the thread with low content posts; it's very annoying, especially for the lurkers, and it makes it hard to actually analyze you.
6. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
7. Once I say that it's nighttime, do not post in the thread AT ALL.
8. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game exce
1. Excellent Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikebur ... scum04.swf
2. A whole wiki about this: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
This is a vanilla mafia game, with the addition of another family (werewolves) that can only by affected by certain pro-townies and vice versa.
If that wasn't clear, a pro-town cop won't get a guilty investigation on werewolves, but will on mafia, and an angel cannot protect a townie from the mafia, but can from the werewolves.
The role list will be as follows:
Vanilla Townies - An innocent, yet powerful lynching mob of people. No special powers, nothing that is real different.
Cop - Gets investigations on if a person is mafia or not. Not much else.
Doctor - Protects a person from the mafia. Naturally, he/she cannot protect himself.
Seer - Sees whether a person is a werewolf or not.
Angel - Same as doctor except on werewolves instead of mafia
Note: All pro-town power roles are 1 per night.
Mafia - These guys get a 1 kill every night and try to get rid of the town. Can communicate with the other via Pm at night.
Werewolves - Same thing as mafia
Set-up will be as such:
7. Dromtry (is pumped for finally a chance at mafia)
8.Gojoe (how can i resist when an old hand like nsmjohn is in it?)
9. Kipper (Oh fine!)
10. Rakysh (ah, what the hell. Why not?)
Dead and gone
nsm - cop
tokol - angel
dedalus - doctor
Rakysh VANILLA TOWNIES ALL
Confirm in thread.