Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Game Over, Sith Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

mpolo

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 4)

Postby mpolo » Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 am UTC

Well, in this situation, there is nothing to do but

Vote: Darkname
Image <-- Evil experiment

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Mon May 24, 2010 7:05 am UTC

Lynch achieved!
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Mon May 24, 2010 7:05 am UTC

Forgot to bold it in my excitement.

How anticlimactic.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:

Krong

Postby Krong » Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 pm UTC

Anticlimactic? I mean, unless you wanted your scum claim to end in you being lynched, I'd say that was an interesting enough end. :D
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Mon May 24, 2010 1:07 pm UTC

It's just funny how I had to end the game on an EBWOP, that's all. Oh well.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Mon May 24, 2010 2:04 pm UTC

Darkname has been lynched. It is now night. Please send in all night actions, the deadline is Wednesday May 26, at 6 pm EST.

FYI: It is inevitable that the Sith will win this game, but as they do not yet have a clear voting majority, one nightkill is still necessary.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

Darkname

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 4)

Postby Darkname » Mon May 24, 2010 4:31 pm UTC

er so is the game over i was a galatic senator and didn't expect the game to go so far in one weekend as i never post during the weekends they are so busy!

And can i talk or is this breaking the rules?
BLARG!!

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Mon May 24, 2010 4:42 pm UTC

The game is essentially over, yes... I just need to receive final confirmation on one of the night actions, and then write up the night results/closing flavor.

Normally, talking about the game in-thread after being lynched isn't allowed, but in this case, it doesn't really matter. So no, you're not breaking any rules by posting :)

EDIT: Mmm, I received that final confirmation while I was typing this up. I'll write up the flavor and officially end this game sometime this evening, after work. :twisted:
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

Darkname

Postby Darkname » Mon May 24, 2010 5:32 pm UTC

the sith was probaly dr ug i know it!!!

ill use my EXTRA GALATIC SENATOR VOTE to use TWO votes on dr ug before i get killed by being left alone on a random astroid but know knows that i dont need oxygen to live so i live secretly in Naboo as a random person or something!
BLARG!!

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Mon May 24, 2010 6:11 pm UTC

hendusoone wrote:FYI: It is inevitable that the Sith will win this game, but as they do not yet have a clear voting majority, one nightkill is still necessary.
Oh wow, I just realized something. A Sith win could have been avoided, if the Sith had chosen to not send in a nightkill on N4. But as town were all dead, I think it still may have been a town loss... not entirely sure on that.

Anyway, here's one way it could have played out if there was no nightkill. But, this isn't happening, as I have already received all night actions, and at least one of them was a kill. Consider this fun little scenario:

1. Scum thank the two neutral survivors by not sending in a night kill, resulting in 2 scum 2 neutral on D5 (4 players alive, 3 to lynch) Essentially a stalemate, but game still not over - the stated scum win condition was a voting majority.
2. Dr Ug uses his vote control powers to make mpolo vote for willwithskills.
3. Krong votes for willwithskills.
4. Dr Ug hammers willwithskills.
5. mpolo isn't strong enough in the Dark Side of the Force to have access to the nightkill yet (hasn't completed his Sith training), so no deaths on N5.
6. Krong and Dr Ug vote for mpolo on D6, scum eliminated, 2 survivors alive.

Other D5 scenarios could have included the survivors turning on each other with the Sith deciding which lives... also potential for a stalemate (in which case the game would have gone to N6 with a no-lynch).

But, that's not happening. It would have been hilarious, and I would have loved it. Oh well.

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Tue May 25, 2010 4:32 am UTC

It is a dark day for the New Republic.

After the brutal massacre of the Jedi, Sith Lord willwithskills has continued his rampage, efficiently killing all members of the Jedi Order's special task force for the elimination of the Sith.

We've identified the individual dragged off by Darth willwithskills: It was mpolo, a citizen the Jedi Order had their eyes on as a potential future Jedi trainee. It is clear now that the Dark Side has corrupted him, as he has shown himself to be willing to cooperate with will. We bring you this footage from a security camera located in an alleyway behind the Galactic Senate building:

A figure in a dark cloak is seen with his arm outstretched. A few feet away is Darkname, Galactic Senator from Naboo. He is clutching at his throat, as if something were choking him. From behind the dark figure, another individual enters and throws back his hood. It is mpolo. He is clearly observing the cloaked figure's techniques. The Senator finally collapses, and remains motionless.

A third individual enters the holocamera's view. He is wearing a suit of Mandalorian armor, known to be very popular among bounty hunters. He says, "I delivered the Senator to you, Darth will. Now, where's my payment? You said I'd get 500,000 credits for helping you."

The Sith Lord reaches inside his cloak, and pulls out a credit chip. "You have done well, Krong. Come take your payment." As the Bounty Hunter reaches for the credits, the Sith quickly draws his lightsaber, cutting the hunter in half. "Err, actually, I'd rather spend this on other things." He walks out of view of the camera, and his apprentice follows.

The camera turns and faces further down the alley, away from the direction the Sith left. In the distance is a shiny pile of junk. The camera zooms in, and it appears to be the remains of a protocol droid.

Citizens of the galaxy, we do not know where these Sith have gone. The Jedi Order is in a state of panic. They promise they will do all they can to eliminate this threat, but with their task force gone, I fear there is little they can still do.

Goodnight.

The Sith, willwithskills (Master), Sungura (Apprentice), and mpolo (Recruit) have won. willwithskills and Sungura met the additional Sith objective of eliminating the Jedi.

Krong receives a partial win, for finding his bounty target VectorZero (Smuggler). He doesn't get a full win, because he didn't survive - he was targeted with the Sith Lord's special ability on N4, giving will the option of killing Krong (75% chance success), or picking another target to kill (50% chance success). He picked Krong.

Dr Ug was the regular nightkill. He was a Protocol Droid, survivor with the ability to persuade someone to vote as he wished.

As this was my first time modding a game, I'd like to hear comments. What did I do wrong? What did I do well? Was there anything you'd like to see in a future game? Would you like to see additional Star Wars-themed mafia games from me, perhaps normal or large sized? If you don't want to say in public, please feel free to PM your comments.

Krong

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Game Over, Scum

Postby Krong » Tue May 25, 2010 4:37 am UTC

Hmm... kinda discouraging that we all decided to work together, but couldn't technically do it due to their win condition.

Bah. Half win it is.

I'm curious, what actually were the Sith abilities? Why was it a 75% chance of success on me and a 50% on others, for instance?
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

VectorZero

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Game Over, Sith

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 25, 2010 5:33 am UTC

As I said in the discussion thread, I think the bounty hunter/smuggler combo worked really well. Nice one.

I think town was underpowered to a degree; the presence of the indies counted heavily against them in the end. However, the way the game unfolded I think the right team won, so overall probably decent balance.

Great flavour, frequent mod presence, all round good job.

Now come play parania :)
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 25, 2010 6:29 am UTC

I was kind of bummed out about being recruited, until I saw the great power of the Dark Side. Will played really well, staying right in the middle of everyone's suspicion lists -- not so townie as to stick out, not so scummy as to stick out.

If will had tried to convert a droid, would it have been failure? identity revealed?
Image <-- Evil experiment

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 pm UTC

Yeah, depending on how the Sith roles turn out, I'd say possibly town was underpowered, but I don't mind :)

VZ, were you independent or town? What was your win condition?

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Tue May 25, 2010 12:24 pm UTC

I think it was a great game. I think the balance of power was great - just Weeks made the mistake of claiming and Bxm was linked enough to him D2 that I took him out with my skill leaving the obvious Jedi for willwithskills to take because I wasn't sure he'd go after Bxm but I knew I would :P So I really think that the N1 town lynch, combined with the N1 kill, then D2/N2 taking out the two Jedis just really set things well for a scum win. Honestly I would have been pretty surprised if the town had won. My understanding is that the Jedis had similar powers as the Siths, but by taking them out, that was eliminated from the game which is what gave the Sith the upper hand. The game was balanced at the start though, it was turns of events that changed things, which is how all good games do work. :)

/me high fives willwithskills Awesome going my sith lord! *bows*
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 pm UTC

Krong wrote:VZ, were you independent or town? What was your win condition?
Counter of yours. Indy, had to find you before you found me.

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Tue May 25, 2010 12:48 pm UTC

I'm glad I properly avenged your death, my late apprentice! /high fives.

I'm just happy I won one of the games I was mafia in, this and Jurassic Park. I was pretty scared there for a while, but we were able to put the final nail in the coffin. Congrats to the total victors, long live the Sith, mpolo, and Sungura!

I liked the game quite a bit, hendusoone, and I would be VERY interested in playing another Star Wars game modded by you, one that is a bit bigger as well. Your flavor and presence was well appreciated and the style was quite enjoyable. Thanks!
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 25, 2010 1:34 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:My understanding is that the Jedis had similar powers as the Siths, but by taking them out, that was eliminated from the game which is what gave the Sith the upper hand.
Sure, but I think the presence of so many indy players played against town. If we had been vanilla town instead of independent, our objective would have been quite different, and while in this particular game i doubt it would have affected the outcome, if we replayed it many times I suspect we'd find sith winning more often than they ought.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Tue May 25, 2010 1:36 pm UTC

Actually though the more indy players you throw in a game the more you hurt the scum. So I thought it actually lended to the balance.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 pm UTC

How do you infer that? I think this game proved the opposite to be the case.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Tue May 25, 2010 1:44 pm UTC

Well yeah that is how it ended up here. But in general, multiple independent/factions hurts the scum.

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 pm UTC

A bit about the game mechanics/balance:

I had 3 neutral players. Two of them were trying to kill each other (smuggler/bounty hunter - had the same powers, just slightly different flavor), and the other had a vote-control ability. All three were survivors.

Also, all three had an extra bonus: Upon success of their power, they gained immunity to one night kill and one lynch, to assist with survivability. For the protocol droid, the bonus was only triggered if the vote-control was used to lynch a scum. So that indy was slightly town-biased.

The Galactic Senator was a town player with a one-shot double vote. This ability never got used.

Both the Jedi and the Sith had potential to recruit either mason-supporters, or full members of the faction with possible additional power abilities, depending upon the point in the game the recruit occurred and the force talent of the targeted player. Only vanilla townies were recruit-able. Droids don't have any force ability, so recruits there automatically failed. While it could be argued that a smuggler or bounty hunter could have force powers, I didn't want to create the potential for lynch/NK immunity and being otherwise powerful. Galactic Senator couldn't be recruited, because scum getting a double-vote was undesirable.

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue May 25, 2010 11:10 pm UTC

Interesting; I actually didn't expect at all that the smuggler would be looking for me. I was thinking he had some other sort of thing he had to do to win... maybe just avoiding death at my hands or something like that.

Yeah, it certainly sounds like the town would have had a chance if not for what happened D2 / N2. The lack of accidental kills on the indies also helped scum out.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Wed May 26, 2010 2:46 am UTC

I claimed because...I thought I could protect myself lol

Nice game scum. =)
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Wed May 26, 2010 3:24 am UTC

Weeks: You could have protected yourself, if you had used the protect power instead of trying to recruit someone :P

(Weeks tried to recruit VectorZero on the same night he was killed by Krong)

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Wed May 26, 2010 6:54 pm UTC

D: Oh well...
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Return to “Mafia”