Possible Details On Indiana Jones 5

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

BigBoss

Possible Details On Indiana Jones 5

Postby BigBoss » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 am UTC

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70522 ... nes-5.html

Nothings official, but it may begin shooting next year. Much of the plot line will be centered around the Bermuda Triangle, and it will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie.
You don't give up hope just because something's hopeless. You cover up your ears, and talk really loud.

Tampons could be used to stop a nosebleed! - Tillian

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Re: Possible Details On Indiana Jones 5

Postby broken_escalator » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:49 pm UTC

So more nazis and less aliens? :)

folkhero

Postby folkhero » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:10 pm UTC

BigBoss wrote:it will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie.

I didn't care at all about this movie until I read this. I wonder if this is the beginning of the anti-CGI backlash.
To all law enforcement entities, this is not an admission of guilt...

Spambot5546

Postby Spambot5546 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:12 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:So more nazis and less aliens? :)

Pretty sure Indiana jones is done with Nazis altogether, and i know i'll get some flak for this, but i felt that the ending to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was no more outlandish or ridiculous than that of any other Indiana Jones movie.
"It is bitter – bitter", he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 pm UTC

Spambot5546 wrote:

Pretty sure Indiana jones is done with Nazis altogether, and i know i'll get some flak for this, but i felt that the ending to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was no more outlandish or ridiculous than that of any other Indiana Jones movie.

What, with the whole compound collapsing?

seriously, everyone knows that booby trapped ancient temples are rigged to collapse.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:14 pm UTC

Initial reaction: But...why?

Though Indiana Jones 4 did produce this gem of a line from a film critic afterwards: "Harrison Ford, his chest tanned to a rich Corinthian leather."
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Malice

Postby Malice » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:56 am UTC

Spambot5546 wrote:

I thought the ending, with the
Spoiler:
alien ship taking off

was one of the best parts of that movie, and one of the few that really lived up to the original trilogy.

The real problem with that movie wasn't the absurdities, but the mishmash of ideas thrown into the same plot without regard to pacing, coherency, or consistency.

Omerprime

Postby Omerprime » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:01 pm UTC

BigBoss wrote:http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705220/Possible-Details-On-Indiana-Jones-5.html

Nothings official, but it may begin shooting next year. Much of the plot line will be centered around the Bermuda Triangle, and it will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie.

After the fourth movie, I don't even wanna hear about him.
Tragic how classics get slaughtered like that.
I know, I know, "it's gonna be different. They'll return to its former awesome cowbellicious-ness" That's what they said about star wars after the first episode when the second was about to come out, and then about the first two when the third came out.
ImageImage

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:48 pm UTC

Episode Two had Samuel L. Jackson kicking arse. I was a fan.

WarDaft

Postby WarDaft » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:27 am UTC

Malice wrote:The real problem with that movie wasn't the absurdities, but the mishmash of ideas thrown into the same plot without regard to pacing, coherency, or consistency.

My biggest problem with the movie had to be LaBeouf. But then, that's my biggest problem with every movie he's in.
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.

Malice

Postby Malice » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 pm UTC

WarDaft wrote:
Malice wrote:The real problem with that movie wasn't the absurdities, but the mishmash of ideas thrown into the same plot without regard to pacing, coherency, or consistency.

My biggest problem with the movie had to be LaBeouf. But then, that's my biggest problem with every movie he's in.

I hate that guy with a passion, but aside from it being a travesty to cast him as following in Harrison Ford's shoes, he actually wasn't terrible in the movie, and acted fine when acting was necessary.

Spambot5546

Postby Spambot5546 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:20 pm UTC

Yeah, i thought LaBeouf did surprisingly well as Short Round 2: This Time It's Personal.
"It is bitter – bitter", he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:01 pm UTC

Jesse wrote:Episode Two had Samuel L. Jackson kicking arse. I was a fan.
Forget Jackson, it had Christopher Lee kicking tender areas!

Anyway, I liked Indy 4, and will likely like a fifth movie. I may have no taste, but I have more fun.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Omerprime

Postby Omerprime » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 pm UTC

WarDaft wrote:

LaBeouf is the guy who played indiannas son?
Yeah, that guy needs more cowbell.
ImageImage

thecuttingedgepros

Postby thecuttingedgepros » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:30 pm UTC

Whats with the sequels enough already. granted some are good but there is such a thing as overkill. let it lie down and be done already.

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:18 pm UTC

Jesse wrote:Episode Two had Samuel L. Jackson kicking arse. I was a fan.

redlettermedia did a cool discussion of his role in Star Wars I largely support. Essentially, they state he plays the bad ass awesomely in most films, but his jedi character a bad ass does not make. So there's this shortfall between his scripted role and the role he could play. Then again, the prequel's actors were not given proper scripts, direction, or sets, so maybe he could have made an awesome ambassador-type given the right tools.

WarDaft wrote:My biggest problem with the movie had to be LaBeouf. But then, that's my biggest problem with every movie he's in.

Hey, what's with the LaBeouf hating? (Same goes to you, Malice. Surely you have a professional understanding of the awkward position he is placed in by dipshit producers?) He's an actor at the start of his career. Give him twenty years, and he'll be portraying memorable characters.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I feel like you're probably an ocelot, and I feel like I want to eat you. Feeling is fun!
this isn't my cow

Malice

Postby Malice » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:00 am UTC

Pez Dispens3r wrote:
WarDaft wrote:My biggest problem with the movie had to be LaBeouf. But then, that's my biggest problem with every movie he's in.

Hey, what's with the LaBeouf hating? (Same goes to you, Malice. Surely you have a professional understanding of the awkward position he is placed in by dipshit producers?) He's an actor at the start of his career. Give him twenty years, and he'll be portraying memorable characters.

LaBeouf personally just rubs me the wrong way, and on top of that he is only a decent actor and not star material, which wouldn't be a problem if they didn't keep casting him in major roles as if he were the next Leonardo DiCaprio. He has, like, negative charisma, and is usually in roles that require a lot of it in order to work (which is the main reason why he fails to present a convincing case for taking over Indiana Jones from Harrison Ford). He also tends to be in terrible movies, which never helps an actor to earn my good graces. I think the only two roles where I didn't mind him were Constantine, where he was supposed to be an annoying brat (and got the shit kicked out of him for it, too, which was glorious), and Holes.

If it's going to take twenty years for him to start playing good characters? Get him off the screen until then!

agrajag72

Postby agrajag72 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:16 am UTC

I guess I'm one of the precious few who actually like The Beef. I find him to be a good actor, and really enjoy his time on the screen. That's not to say he could be the next Indy - I think anyone else trying to take over that role would be ill advised. But I did enjoy his addition to the cast and look forward to seeing him in the next movie. If they can make it before Ford retires, that is.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”