Whackabanana: The Mod is Dead. Long live Militant Atheists

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:43 am UTC

Bulvox wrote:Hey, AMT, remember how I pissed you off in Death Note?
Yes. Yes I do. >_> This is probably not the wisest time to be reminding me.

Didn't bust Silknor. Hopefully will not regret this. Haven't seen any reason to be worried so far. Still uneasy about the lie detector. Do not know why I am ommitting so many subjects. Will attempt to stop.

Gojoe is making sense. I think that scares me.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby The Moo Prophet » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:51 pm UTC

Ok, so yesterday I put philip, b.i.o and Mega at the top of my list of potential TTG, for not wanting to lynch TTG members. Even though b.i.o used a strong argument to convince me that we are better off not lynching confirmed anti-town if we aren't against a wall, I turned out to be right on at least two of those counts. Now, after reading back, I am unsure on whether Mega deserves to be on that list. She actually said in one post that we need to lynch the clear threat, being JoJ or Ug, even though in the very next post she voted Az instead because she has found him suspicious the whole game (I sympathize)

I do want to add WWS to that list, though, but maybe as general scum and not necesarily TTG. He has been waffly the entire game, changing his opinion on players and factions pretty often. He made a glancing defense of Az, then later said that Az was one of the more suspicious people in the game. He expressed doubt of the TTGs intentions, then later in a single post, tried very hard to convince us to not go after the TTG for now AND to not lynch Azrael, then finished the post by saying he was more interested in hunting mafia. Just very inconsistent. I get the sense of someone just going along with public opinion more than someone really interested in hunting down scum.
So, in summary, I don't want to lynch anyone in the TTG (unless they actually do have a recruit), or Az, and I think we should focus on finding mafia.


Bulvox has been raising flags for a genera lack of content, then posting random opinions on players with no justification. When asked about his suspicions he sais "No reason." Then said that our good argument against Az "doesn't sit well" with him.

GoJoe for being silly and impossible to read. He appeared to make the assumption that the guild had a recruit earlier, as well as being unwilling to concede that Az appears scummy. He claims he referred to the Guild as a Cult because that's what you call independant anti-town groups that don't kill. Sounded a little like back-pedaling to me. He also advocated lynching known TTG after b.i.o's argument, which really was a decent argument. As long as we aren't forced into a corner, we are better off gathering info than lynching known scum.

Arael001 for his voting patterns day one, initially, then for a glancing defense by overbored who later turned out to be Scum. A couple of people don't like his roleclaim, which seemed awfully convenient since it explained events at the end of day one very nicely and left him in a good light if he did kill the Cult Leader. I don't believe he is a member of the TTG, since all of their known members had a vote on him yesterday except for Ug, who said that he would vote Az eventually. It is possible for Az to be scum and have those powers, a kill and a time travel.


Below is just idle speculation:
Spoiler:
So far WWS and GoJoe both have appeared connected to or defensive of the Guild and at the same time, unwilling to lynch Azrael001. Just noting the similar oddity.

I said earlier that it looked like b.i.o pulled a brutal bus yesterday but I wonder now if he wasn't an infiltrator into the guild and wanted to take out their recruiting power.

I need to make a list of votes to check for trends there, it's far enough into the game for that to be useful. If anyone else wanted to go through the trouble for me I wouldn't complain...


I would prefer we lynch non-confirmed people and use night kills on the TTG if there are any left. If the town would rather lynch JoJ and Ug, I understand although I disagree.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:36 am UTC

Almost 36 hours since last post guys, someone add something please? Or just vote your suspicion. At least.

I will Vote: WWS for the inconsistency and he felt like philip and b.i.o in his reasoning yesterday. They both turned out to be TTG. Actually, my gut has been pretty accurate so far this game, which is unusual for me. Truth, though, I would be willing to vote for any one of WWS, Azrael/Mega (equal in my mind), Bulvox or GoJoe, in that order.

User avatar
willwithskills
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am UTC
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby willwithskills » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:02 am UTC

Apologies for lack of posting lately. I just moved from Egypt back to the US permanently and things are kind of crazy lately so I haven't had a lot of time for posting. I should be able to catch up tomorrow.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:11 am UTC

Dude. I have been away from a computer for a few days straight... and there have only been 2 posts? Jesus guys.

I agree I have been hard to read and not very logical. Sorry about that guys. But in my defence, this is my first game playing with Az001 in quite a while, and he is the main reason I came back to the forum. I would like to play a game with him :( Sorry if that goes against logic.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:51 am UTC

Okay seriously what is up with the sudden mancrush?

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 am UTC

Are you saying you don't love me AMT? I'm crushed. I thought I posted yesterday. I was gone all today (work, then BBQ and RISK when I got home). It's 2:30am now. Anyway, I think that I'll go with the sure thing and

Vote: Dr. Ug
23111

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:27 am UTC

No, I'm saying I'm furiously and passionately jealous. >_> GET AWAY FROM MY MAN YOU SHAMELESS HUSSY!!

no... no, you're a free man. I cannot keep you in chains. Love must be free. Or else it is not truly love. :cry: Be free, my dove! Be free!

BE FREE!

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:05 am UTC

eta:

I did my best: it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch.
I told the truth; I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujiah...


;_;

(^~)

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:25 am UTC

Yes you who must leave everything that you cannot control.
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul.
Well I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned:
When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned.


I wanted to pick something apropos, but you've got the best verse from that song. This one will do.
23111

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:23 am UTC

Just got back from a shindig at the Sedgewick, and my containment unit is overloading, so I'm going to have to sleep this one off, but something Dr Ug said the other day bothering me when I read earlier this evening and I wanted to put this here to remind myself to double check it.

What song is that?

Also, Azrael011, we all love you, but that doesn't mean you don't have to die. If you love it, set it free....from the shackles of life.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:07 am UTC

His? LMGTFY. Sisters of Mercy.

In MusicMafia, he kept posting bits of Leonard Cohen songs (since that's who he chose for his role). Dunno if it was a deliberate attempt to convert us, but I'd say it worked pretty well. ;D My knowledge isn't comprehensive yet, but I do know a ridiculous number of alternate verses to A Throusand Kisses Deep, because I tend to be converted to such things in slow chunks.

I hear their voices in the wine
that sometimes did me seek.
The band is playing Auld Lang Syne:
The heart will not retreat.
There's no forsaking what you love,
No existential leap.
As witnessed here in time and blood
A thousand kisses deep.

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:17 pm UTC

Okay, this is the last time I push for this guy's lynching. I've stated before why I think Azrael001 is scum, and I refuse to repeat myself. This game is at a standstill so I may as well do something that will maybe get the game going.

Vote: Azrael001
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:09 pm UTC

Very weird thing just happened. As I was reading the alternate verse from a thousand kisses deep, that song started.

I'm kind of in the same boat as Mega as far as votes go. We have got a confirmed non-town. I don't know why we are leaving him alive.
23111

User avatar
Jar'O'Jam
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:24 pm UTC

What ?

Vote: Azrael001
Image
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Bulvox » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:56 pm UTC

Wait, so what's every ones rational for voting for who they did?
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:51 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet wrote:Arael001 for his voting patterns day one, initially, then for a glancing defense by overbored who later turned out to be Scum. A couple of people don't like his roleclaim, which seemed awfully convenient since it explained events at the end of day one very nicely and left him in a good light if he did kill the Cult Leader. I don't believe he is a member of the TTG, since all of their known members had a vote on him yesterday except for Ug, who said that he would vote Az eventually. It is possible for Az to be scum and have those powers, a kill and a time travel.


This sounds pretty good for a reason to vote Azrael001. I'm still pretty much ambivalent between him and Dr. Ug, but I think I'll switch my vote to him, barring any further developments.

Unvote: Dr. Ug
Vote: Azrael001
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:24 am UTC

you guys all suck
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:01 am UTC

We've lost two of the more vocal players (on the non-town side) and now we've got no one to argue with.

I don't know what more we can say. JoJ and Dr Ug are both confirmed non-town. Why are we letting them live?
23111

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Megatriorchis » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:24 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:We've lost two of the more vocal players (on the non-town side) and now we've got no one to argue with.

I don't know what more we can say. JoJ and Dr Ug are both confirmed non-town. Why are we letting them live?
Because there's a more-than-good chance that you're scum? Prove to me somehow that you're town and yeah I'll stop voting for you, but you've failed to do that so far. So yeah. J'o'J and Dr Ug are pretty harmless right now, especially considering J'o'J can't time travel to the future anymore (it was one-shot; I used my third banana slice on him and it was a rolecop [I was hoping it'd kill him]). I'm betting Dr Ug's time traveling was one-shot, too.

My vote stays on you.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:20 pm UTC

How exactly do you expect me to prove my innocence? The only thing that I can do is claim town, which I have done. The only thing that I have are my actions. So far my record is killing the cult leader on day one, and voting for a non-town player with little evidence. My record is pretty good I'd say.
23111

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Megatriorchis » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:How exactly do you expect me to prove my innocence? The only thing that I can do is claim town, which I have done. The only thing that I have are my actions. So far my record is killing the cult leader on day one, and voting for a non-town player with little evidence. My record is pretty good I'd say.
How do we know you can't kill again? And no, your record is not good. The fact that you killed someone and then went forward in time is pretty telling. You didn't want to get caught and lynched for it, right? And it doesn't matter if that bullshit vote you did was for someone in the mafia, you still did it. Maybe to throw another member of your team under the bus? And you did alot of vote hopping that day anyway. Obvious scum tactic. I don't like you and I'm keeping my vote!
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
willwithskills
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am UTC
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby willwithskills » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:51 pm UTC

Still hectic where I'm at, but because of lack of posting I'll state my opinion and make a vote quickly.

I still dislike the Az vote as I have stated before. I won't vote for him. We know who some TTG are, and while we know Dr. Ug's fairly weak powers, we have no idea what JoJ can do besides his one warp. He may have other powers. My vote goes to him for his unknown, possibly strong abilities.

Vote: Jar'O'Jam
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Megatriorchis » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:20 pm UTC

willwithskills wrote:Still hectic where I'm at, but because of lack of posting I'll state my opinion and make a vote quickly.

I still dislike the Az vote as I have stated before. I won't vote for him. We know who some TTG are, and while we know Dr. Ug's fairly weak powers, we have no idea what JoJ can do besides his one warp. He may have other powers. My vote goes to him for his unknown, possibly strong abilities.
The PM I got from the mod didn't detail any other powers, just so you know.

You know what, fuck it, I'm gonna give up on getting Az001 lynched and focus on the TTG (I'm betting I'll regret this later).

Unvote: Azrael001
Vote: J'o'J
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

I am looking at you mega. You are being overly aggressive of az.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:01 am UTC

^If he's not hinting at something I will eat my ghostbusting gear. Not like it's doing me any good outside my stomach.

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:58 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:I am looking at you mega. You are being overly aggressive of az.
Not like anyone else is doing anything.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 am UTC

Spoiler:
It's coming through a hole in the air,
from those nights in Tiananmen Square.
It's coming from the feel
that this ain't exactly real,
or it's real, but it ain't exactly there.
From the wars against disorder,
from the sirens night and day,
from the fires of the homeless,
from the ashes of the gay:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.
It's coming through a crack in the wall;
on a visionary flood of alcohol;
from the staggering account
of the Sermon on the Mount
which I don't pretend to understand at all.
It's coming from the silence
on the dock of the bay,
from the brave, the bold, the battered
heart of Chevrolet:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.

It's coming from the sorrow in the street,
the holy places where the races meet;
from the homicidal bitchin'
that goes down in every kitchen
to determine who will serve and who will eat.
From the wells of disappointment
where the women kneel to pray
for the grace of God in the desert here
and the desert far away:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.
Vote J'o'J

I wonder if I can be coherent while just posting song lyrics... I think I could, but then I know what I mean, while other people might not.
23111

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:59 am UTC

Seriously, those who are pushing for TTG lynching are looking very scummy to me. I know it's hard because the flavour-poster has done a good job at faking a lie-detector ability, but given we have a confirmed scum faction (overbored's alingment was explicitly listed as "scum"). We should be going for that faction, rather than trusting a flavour post that I was lying about being town-aligned.

I maintain my vote on Az... except that I just failed to find such a vote by me today:

Vote: Az
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby The Moo Prophet » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:07 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Seriously, those who are pushing for TTG lynching are looking very scummy to me. I know it's hard because the flavour-poster has done a good job at faking a lie-detector ability, but given we have a confirmed scum faction (overbored's alingment was explicitly listed as "scum"). We should be going for that faction, rather than trusting a flavour post that I was lying about being town-aligned.

I maintain my vote on Az... except that I just failed to find such a vote by me today:

Vote: Az


And Brooklynxman was given as "L. Ron Hubbard, Cult Leader" and you were given as "Dethly Cop and A member of the Time Traveler's Guild" and Ameretrifle was given as "A Ghost Buster, Town."

Looks fairly clear that scum is scum, cult is cult, town is town, and TTG is none of the above.

User avatar
Jar'O'Jam
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:11 am UTC

willwithskills wrote:Still hectic where I'm at, but because of lack of posting I'll state my opinion and make a vote quickly.

I still dislike the Az vote as I have stated before. I won't vote for him. We know who some TTG are, and while we know Dr. Ug's fairly weak powers, we have no idea what JoJ can do besides his one warp. He may have other powers. My vote goes to him for his unknown, possibly strong abilities.

Vote: Jar'O'Jam


Well, I wish I could quote my role PM, but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules. Still, it described me as a vanilla Time Traveler with one-shot time travel.
I'm voting for Az, and I will continue to do so, because he's being quite scummy. The sudden recalling of his time traveling power ? Claiming vig ( which I know isn't true ) ? Currently playing a completely uninformative game, not even trying to defend himself ?

Unless he's busting his ass as a jester, he is not town-aligned.
Image
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:38 am UTC

Again, what would you have me say? I've told you everything as honestly as possible, though it occurs to me that I didn't quite explain why my kill was special. I could kill someone at any time one day in the past, in the present or one day in the future. A kill in the past would have dragged everyone back to that day, and we'd be at day 4.3 (or even 3.3). Having more than one kill of this nature would have been severely overpowered. My original plan was to try to get culted so that I could then kill the cult leader the day before he got me, thus undoing the conversion, and gaining valuable knowledge of the cult, but I was forced to act prematurely (though I got lucky with my target).

Also, how can you call me uninformative? I've claimed, explained my reasoning, and no one has counter claimed my kill. I've been accused of vote hoppiness, I don't remember well enough to dispute that, but I do remember that I was pretty uncertain at the beginning of day one, and once I got a decent idea of what was what, people decided to try to lynch me for it. I escaped death, and somehow this is both scummu and scummier than J'o'J who is a claimed non-town, who did the exact same thing. Now that I am vindicated in my Felltir vote people still want to lynch me. I'm sorry if I seem confused, but I don't see how I can be more town, short of single handedly killing the entire mafia (which when I did it still didn't stop me from getting lynched (in another game)), but I can't kill any more, so I can't do that.
23111

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:43 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Again, what would you have me say? I've told you everything as honestly as possible, though it occurs to me that I didn't quite explain why my kill was special. I could kill someone at any time one day in the past, in the present or one day in the future. A kill in the past would have dragged everyone back to that day, and we'd be at day 4.3 (or even 3.3). Having more than one kill of this nature would have been severely overpowered. My original plan was to try to get culted so that I could then kill the cult leader the day before he got me, thus undoing the conversion, and gaining valuable knowledge of the cult, but I was forced to act prematurely (though I got lucky with my target).

Also, how can you call me uninformative? I've claimed, explained my reasoning, and no one has counter claimed my kill. I've been accused of vote hoppiness, I don't remember well enough to dispute that, but I do remember that I was pretty uncertain at the beginning of day one, and once I got a decent idea of what was what, people decided to try to lynch me for it. I escaped death, and somehow this is both scummu and scummier than J'o'J who is a claimed non-town, who did the exact same thing. Now that I am vindicated in my Felltir vote people still want to lynch me. I'm sorry if I seem confused, but I don't see how I can be more town, short of single handedly killing the entire mafia (which when I did it still didn't stop me from getting lynched (in another game)), but I can't kill any more, so I can't do that.
(bolded for emphasis)

Your "decent idea of what was what" was a vote based on NOTHING. Herein lies the problem. Not only did you vote for Felltir for no reason at all, but most (if not all) of your day 1 posts consist of nothing. You've done nothing but muddy the waters and posted bullshit. You didn't even give a reason for your Felltir vote until other people did. It doesn't matter whether you're vindicated or not. You were wrong for voting that way in the first place. And then when everyone was voting for you, instead of standing by your reasoning or lack thereof, you just up and time traveled, killing a guy on the way out. You have either got to be scum or a really bad player in general. I honestly don't see how more people aren't seeing what I see.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Cynical Idealist
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Cynical Idealist » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:31 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I've told you everything as honestly as possible

No. No, you haven't.

I think it's time to role-claim, because I don't want to let you get away with such lies. I got a new role at the start of day 3.2. That role is the Cynicist: I can ask the mod to tell me if a particular statment from the thread is factual (it has to be worded as a statement, not an opinion, and it's a once-per-day thing). This post right here quotes the statement I asked for a truth-check on, and it came back as false:
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:I am the time travelling vig (one shot), and I have no affiliation with the "guild".

Interesting claim. I'm not sure that I completely believe it.


I'm currently waiting to hear back from the mod on a question regarding the specifics of my ability, and I wanted to hear back before posting, but I'm not going to let you pull this shit. If I'm still alive by the time I hear back, I'll let the town know the result of that, too. Alternatively, post the following statement verbatim: "I am a vigilante", and then I don't have to screw around with removing words from the middle of a statement and analyzing a statement from yesterday to know for sure if it's the truth.

Vote: Azrael001
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm UTC

CI: Can he say something like "I am aligned with the town"? It'd be way more specific than asking him about his role.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Cynical Idealist
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Cynical Idealist » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:29 pm UTC

That should work, yes.
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:03 pm UTC

Considering the fact that I no longer have a kill I can hardly be considered a Vigilante, but I have no problem claiming town. Whether or not you are telling the truth is another issue entirely...
23111

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm UTC

I am town.
23111

User avatar
Cynical Idealist
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Cynical Idealist » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:18 pm UTC

Thank you for your cooperation, I'll post the result as soon as I get it. For now:
Unvote:Azrael001
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 4.2 - A new day!

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:21 pm UTC

It seems likely that we should call for everyone to make a similar claim, thus, should you have the powers that you claim, they can be used to determine the loyalty of anyone.
23111


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sabrar and 7 guests