[i] - Dexterafia: Town Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

OverBored

Re: Invitational - Dexterafia: D1 Murder at Miami Metro

Postby OverBored » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:28 am UTC

__jess wrote:Is there a statistical advantage to not lynching on D1? Someone posted about that in another game/thread ages ago, but I can't find it now.

Well, in theory, lynching will hurt us on average. This isn't very strong logic though, for two reasons:

1) Lynches and votes give us information later and allow us to find scum

2) By this argument town shouldn't lynch until they either know a scum, or are in the minority, which is clearly going to lead to a town loss.

In some instances it might be better not to lynch, but I highly doubt this is one of those instances. That said, I'm never keen on lynching lurkers, nor on randomly choosing people. With no suspicion to go on though, we will have to select the best available unattractive option. At the moment, I'd say that is a lurker, but I'm aware that I'm hardly immune from accusation as a lurker.
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:21 pm UTC

I'm up for lynching a lurker, though will wait 18-24 hours as well in order to give them time to explain/come up with excuses before I decide who.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:25 pm UTC

I'm not sure I want to go with a lurker lynch already; the deadline is still 4 days away. If there still isn't anything from them by then we should perhaps consider it, but I think I agree pretty much with everyone above.

As for suspicious things, I'm not sure I find Az wanting to vote for someone then changing his mind that scummy. Although I do think it's concerning that he drew attention to someone he found playing poor town instead of poor scum. Unfortunately I do agree that scum would probably say what he did in night-chat so leaving independent or town.
And you thought I was crazy...

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:44 pm UTC

Oh, sure. Unless he is scum and wants you to think that what he is saying is something that scum would never say out loud because they would leave it for night chat. Az is pretty tricksome, yo know.

All kidding aside, I...have nothing much to say. When I'm not on my lunch break maybe I'll go ahead make a vote. Not much to go on, day one and such, yada yada, waffle waffle, back later.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 pm UTC

Of weeks' six lurkiest players, Jess, joj and tigion have posted; felltir, tmt and dromtry have not.

Can we have modprods or replacements as appropriate please?
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:50 am UTC

Felltir, Dromtry, and TMT have just been prodded. Let the mods know if anyone else is deserving. Thanks.

Vote Count
The Mighty Thesaurus - 1 (Weeks)
(10 votes needed to lynch, or minimum of 6 at deadline)

The deadline is now less than 3 days away.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 am UTC

I wrote a post last night, but my internet connection shat itself (how I love thee, Australian ISP), so I was unable to actually post it. Here is the gist of it:

I don't blame Weeks for voting for me, given the fact that I have been lurking like a motherfucker. I do think he was wrong about my posts at the time having less content; some amount of it was a nod to other players who are in a similar position vis-à-vis their roles.

I originally thought nothing of Azrael001's post, but upon rereading it, I do think that something isn't quite right. Why not punish all anti-town behaviour, regardless of its origin? After all, isn't the justification for lurker lynching of a somewhat similar bent?
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 am UTC

While it seems like the only way to get the game moving, I'm always sort of suspicious of over analyzers on day 1, like Weeks. While it is helpful in pointing out players worthy of attention, I feel like most people who post that thoroughly when there really isn't anything to go on are overcompensating for scumminess.
When you think about it, lynching a lurker is perhaps the worst thing we could do. In my experience, members of the mafia are the least likely to actually lurk, even on day 1. Why would a mafia member lurk when that is such an obvious and well known scum tell? The only people I see lurking are those who have legitimate reasons to or are civilians who are bored with their meager role in the game. So yeah, I'm not advocating a lurker lynch, in favor of actually waiting out for some evidence. We do have plenty of time, and there's a pretty good discussion going.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 am UTC

For the record (nothing solid enough to vote on yet) I'm a little leery of Weiyaoli. He's not *quite* lurking, and there's just something about his tone that reminds me of me when I'm playing scum. Talking about assertions without making any, being very "well, that's kind of concerning, but not really"...

Still don't like voting on instinct, but thought I'd put it out there just in case. I kind of disagree that we've got plenty of time and the discussion's rolling along fine. >_>

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:19 am UTC

willwithskills wrote:So yeah, I'm not advocating a lurker lynch, in favor of actually waiting out for some evidence. We do have plenty of time, and there's a pretty good discussion going.
I'm not advocating a lurker lynch either, by the way. We had more than 24 hours of no content, so I intended to give the discussion a little push. I don't have a more important reason to vote TMT for the moment.

Unvote

I don't think there's much of a discussion going, or that we have plenty of time. As in, we had 10 days, why wait till the end to discuss everything? Also...not much is being said re: Azrael001, if that's the discussion you're talking about.

Perhaps he should come back and explain exactly why he didn't vote Jebobek. To analyze his post a bit, I think that what Jebobek said could easily be said by the mafia during the day, it obviously helps them to have things made clear and ready for the night.

If you're talking about the lurker lynch discussion...well, I think I've seen a similar discussion in every game I've played, and it's mostly filler. But if you're town, you shouldn't lurk. Or if you must lurk, you shouldn't actively lurk, posting to just say "I'm here" or talk about things not relative to the current game, like whether or not we should lynch lurkers, or that there's not much to say. It only makes the thread harder to read and each post harder to analyze. (This has been aid forever and will continue to be said for ever and ever, amen.) Of course scum has made it harder to play like this, but in D1, you do want to put as much information for the town as you can, or blend in as much as possible, and I think neither requires noise.

(I want to win, but I don't think that justifies making the game long and boring. I came here to have fun.)

So yeah. Tomorrow there'll probably be a nice list of offenders for active lurking that I'll be able to propose as lynch candidates, unless people start to ping my scumdar mildly, and I'll cast my vote.

(I don't think I'll have much time tomorrow to read the thread and post, I have a massive project due Wednesday. I pray to Odin.)
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:41 pm UTC

Vote Count
Oh dear, no votes!

The deadline is now exactly 2 days away from this post.
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:51 pm UTC

I am in favor of killing all lurkers, but not lynching them. I initially thought that Urist McBadpost was scum, but while I was writting my post I changed my mind. There is a chance that he's independent, leaning scum I guess, but because I changed my mind from mafia to !mafia, I decided to leave out the vote. I might change my mind, but notice that even among those who agree with the post being bad, there are no votes on Jebobek.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:10 pm UTC

Both felltir and dromtry have failed to deliver on their promised content. Pending a significant contribution or replacement,

Vote: felltir

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:03 am UTC

Vote Count
Felltir - 1 vote (VectorZero)

FYI: neither Felltir nor Dromtry have read the modprod I sent them yesterday. If I don't hear anything from them by the end of D1 they will be replaced.
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:42 pm UTC

I think that Azrael001's posts so far have been intentionally a bit confusing, and as we're coming up the the deadline, I'm going to go with him

Vote: Azrael001
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:23 pm UTC

Guys, you've got just over a day left before deadline.

Vote Count
Felltir - 1 vote (VectorZero)
Azrael001 - 1 vote (Angua)

Please pick up the rate of posting.

Once night arrives, there will be a deadline of 48 hours before Day 2 commences.
All night actions to be sent to both masterofall and myself please.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:37 pm UTC

I think at this point, a NL would be bad (Especially with a generally lurky D1 so far and next to nothing vote wise to draw on). With only a day left to go to deadline though I think I may end up going with a lurker lynch since I don't think Az has been that scummy and no-one else is leaping out at me.

I think with needing a minimum of 6 votes at deadline I'm going to go with the lurker who already has one vote on him already and:

And you thought I was crazy...

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm UTC

I would prefer not to lynch someone who may be replaced. Instead I will put my money where Az's mouth is. I mean his throat. My money...Azrael's throat. Because someone has to die and time is running low.

OverBored

Postby OverBored » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:38 pm UTC

I'm going to

Vote azrael

I don't really see much choice. Felltir is getting replaced anyway, and Az is confusing me slightly.

As an aside, is Az's last post satirical, I can't be bothered to look back through the thread to find the post it is parodying. I'm just confused...
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion

Postby Tigerlion » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:58 pm UTC

I'd like to wait a short while before I vote to see Azrael's reaction, now that he's being accused etc. (if he posts anything)

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:25 am UTC

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I said there was plenty of discussion going on. Clearly we do need to get the game going, and the only way to do that is to end this day with at least a semi-deserved lynch. For all the previously stated reasons (deadline, intentionally vague/confusing, etc.) I'm going to

So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:42 am UTC

Vote Count
Felltir - 2 votes (VectorZero, weiyaoli)
Azrael001 - 4 votes (Angua, The Moo Prophet, OverBored, willwithskills)

Deadline
20 hours after this post
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:58 am UTC

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I know the deadline is coming, but could it be that this is a giant trap ? Can any Dexter fans recall any jester-like characters ?
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:03 am UTC

Don't like the Az wagon-o'-convenience. :/ Will change if it's absolutely necessary for a lynch, probably (though maybe, maybe, maybe no-lynch isn't the worst idea in the world), but 'till then,

Vote: Felltir

The Mighty Thesaurus

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:35 am UTC

vote: azrael001

I really don't want a no lynch on day one, and he is the most suspicious person.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:37 am UTC

ameretrifle wrote:Don't like the Az wagon-o'-convenience. :/ Will change if it's absolutely necessary for a lynch, probably (though maybe, maybe, maybe no-lynch isn't the worst idea in the world), but 'till then,

Vote: Felltir

But we know felltir will be replaced if we don't lynch her.

Vote: Az
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:10 am UTC

OverBored wrote:As an aside, is Az's last post satirical, I can't be bothered to look back through the thread to find the post it is parodying. I'm just confused...
My last post is not satirical. I am in favor of Mod kills rather than replacements as a matter of policy, and Urist McVerb is a common way of referring to a specific dwarf in Dwarf Fortress. I couldn't be bothered to check Jeb's name until I needed to to prevent making the same joke twice. I've conveniently pulled some votes of opportunity, which probably contain a higher than average distribution of scum, so there's that at least.

I need to vote for Feltir though lest I risk death, which is regrettable, He (not she) isn't high on my current list of suspects.

Vote: Feltir

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:48 am UTC

Vote Count
Felltir - 4 votes (VectorZero, weiyaoli, ameretrifle, Azrael001)
Azrael001 - 6 votes (Angua, The Moo Prophet, OverBored, willwithskills, The Mighty Thesaurus, Brooklynxman)

Deadline
16 hours after this post
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:06 am UTC

Aaaah bandwagons, this is what happens when deadlines approach. I'm not convinced that either Felltir or Az are good lynch choices, but I can't see any reason at all to lynch someone who will be mod-killed/replaced. That's a wasted lynch, and I'm curious as to why anyone would want that.

Vote: Azrael.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:51 am UTC

FYI: I just heard back from Felltir and he has asked to be replaced. The replacement will be introduced as soon as I receive confirmation that he is still available.

Also, Dromtry did respond to my prod saying he intends to be more active, so there will likely be something from him soon (although I was surprised there wasn't a post from him already).

Vote Count
Felltir's replacement - 4 votes (VectorZero, weiyaoli, ameretrifle, Azrael001)
Azrael001 - 7 votes (Angua, The Moo Prophet, OverBored, willwithskills, The Mighty Thesaurus, Brooklynxman, __jess)

Deadline
13 hours after this post
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:55 am UTC

Meh...

Unvote

Vote: weiyaoli

Aforementioned gut feeling. Doubt it'll stop the Az wagon, but I don't want to hop on and I don't want to do nothing; we've got plenty of that.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:57 am UTC

Unvote

My vote against felltir is no longer appropriate.

I'm not convinced of the Az wagon. I'm leaving work now, will review when I get home.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 am UTC

So, I had a look over the Az argument, and found ... well, actually, there is a little something - TMT makes a reasonable point - however I think in the wash Az acquits himself well enough. Here's the relevant arguments in order:
Spoiler:
Angua wrote:I'm up for lynching a lurker, though will wait 18-24 hours as well in order to give them time to explain/come up with excuses before I decide who.
weiyaoli wrote:As for suspicious things, I'm not sure I find Az wanting to vote for someone then changing his mind that scummy. Although I do think it's concerning that he drew attention to someone he found playing poor town instead of poor scum. Unfortunately I do agree that scum would probably say what he did in night-chat so leaving independent or town.
The Moo Prophet wrote:Oh, sure. Unless he is scum and wants you to think that what he is saying is something that scum would never say out loud because they would leave it for night chat. Az is pretty tricksome, yo know.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I originally thought nothing of Azrael001's post, but upon rereading it, I do think that something isn't quite right. Why not punish all anti-town behaviour, regardless of its origin? After all, isn't the justification for lurker lynching of a somewhat similar bent?
Weeks wrote:Perhaps he should come back and explain exactly why he didn't vote Jebobek. To analyze his post a bit, I think that what Jebobek said could easily be said by the mafia during the day, it obviously helps them to have things made clear and ready for the night.
Azrael001 wrote:I am in favor of killing all lurkers, but not lynching them. I initially thought that Urist McBadpost was scum, but while I was writting my post I changed my mind. There is a chance that he's independent, leaning scum I guess, but because I changed my mind from mafia to !mafia, I decided to leave out the vote. I might change my mind, but notice that even among those who agree with the post being bad, there are no votes on Jebobek.
Angua wrote:I think that Azrael001's posts so far have been intentionally a bit confusing, and as we're coming up the the deadline, I'm going to go with him

I included Angua's first quote because I find the disparity between plan and action to be significant. A FoS upon your house, young lady.

I also note that, to date, four people voting for Az (TMP, OverBored, Brook, Jess) have done so primarily stating they don't want to lynch someone who is being replaced, and the other two (TMT, WWS) because Az is suspicious and vague. That's pretty much the definition of a bandwagon. TMP and TMT gave at least somewhat reasonable answers prior to the first vote (quoted above) but the other four have no such excuse. In particular, I find WWS somewhat scummy. Either he's not paying any attention at all, or (with his "plenty of time and discussion" line) is trying to draw the day out to a timeout. More on that later.

AMT's vote on weiyaoli is interesting. It's at least an attempt at something different, and she ties herself to wei and Az fairly closely. Options include (if on same side as Az) scum or mason trying to save a buddy, (if Az is town) distancing from a likely kill, (if Wei is scum) distancing from a future reveal, or failing that, just a player trying to play the game properly. Wei's posts:
Spoiler:
weiyaoli wrote:From the start of day flavour, I can see that Dexter is very likely town aligned but most likely a vig or perhaps a time-delayed SK (If the game doesn't end soon or if he doesn't hit scum first go he becomes a SK?).

There is a good number of players which seems to suggest to me there are probably more than 1 scum and this murderer is not just a generic one (i.e. an actual antagonist from Dexter).

Need to do some reading on Dexter to refresh my memories so role-spec to come later.
weiyaoli wrote:
OverBored wrote:Waaaaaaaaaah

weiyaoli wrote:
There is a good number of players which seems to suggest to me there are probably more than 1 scum and this murderer is not just a generic one (i.e. an actual antagonist from Dexter).

roband wrote:Setup
Town roles - 11
Scum roles - 3
Independent roles - 4

4 Independents is quite a lot. Either we're dealing with a cult, or more likely from the source material some Serial Killers. It's entirely possible I suppose that we have both, but I'd probably argue that there are 4 SK's (or maybe three with a random role thrown in). If this is true (it probably isn't) I would think that the number of NK's would be offset by a few doctors, as well as the obvious abundance of cops.

Sorry, must have missed that by skipping the first post when I saw it was D1. :oops:

I do think that perhaps there could be survivors present as independents though. I think perhaps 4 SKs + 1 scum kill would be excessive even if there were lots of doctors. (Although perhaps limitations would makes sense such as only being to kill every other night)

weiyaoli wrote:
Jebobek wrote:(PA School here, so I'm on eastern US timezone.)

VectorZero wrote:Those who are advocating town!Dexter, could you provide some evidence? I have provided several points in favor of indy!Dexter.

A serial killer wins when he's the last one alive at the very end, right? My personal assumption stems from the flavor of this mafia game: I assume that Dexter is not going to keep trying to kill after the types of scum are dead. In the show there are new scum that keep showing up every couple of episodes so he can continue to kill, right? Well in this game we don't have a replenishing supply, so he's going to have to stop eventually. Otherwise he's going to start digging into townies.

But I think that is VZ's point that Dexter would start killing town as well.

weiyaoli wrote:Sorry for not posting lately, had a busy streak yesterday.

I'm thinking perhaps we are still missing right now an in depth of all the characters likely to be present at the moment. I'd go through it but my show knowledge is limited and would therefore be depending heavily on the wiki which everyone can find anyway.

weiyaoli wrote:I'm not sure I want to go with a lurker lynch already; the deadline is still 4 days away. If there still isn't anything from them by then we should perhaps consider it, but I think I agree pretty much with everyone above.

As for suspicious things, I'm not sure I find Az wanting to vote for someone then changing his mind that scummy. Although I do think it's concerning that he drew attention to someone he found playing poor town instead of poor scum. Unfortunately I do agree that scum would probably say what he did in night-chat so leaving independent or town.

weiyaoli wrote:I think at this point, a NL would be bad (Especially with a generally lurky D1 so far and next to nothing vote wise to draw on). With only a day left to go to deadline though I think I may end up going with a lurker lynch since I don't think Az has been that scummy and no-one else is leaping out at me.

I think with needing a minimum of 6 votes at deadline I'm going to go with the lurker who already has one vote on him already and:

I see where you're coming from, but I'll need more than a gut feeling. Flagged for review in later days, however. AMT: townish. Wei: neutral, leaning scummish.

Vote analysis time! Currently, there are 10 votes active (wei, AMT, Az, Angua, TMP, OB, WWS, TMT, BXM, jess) with 8 left to vote. Weeks and I have voted previously. There has been no votage from felltir, dromtry, S_E, JoJ, tigerlion or jebobek. Felltir and dromtry have been discussed, S_E and jebobek are MIA, tigerlion and JoJ have posted during the bandwagoning period; tigerlion without content and JoJ raising the concern of a jester. The last two in particular are not townie actions; pick a side guys, show your colours. The others should post more *hint*

So, WWS. Posts:
Spoiler:
willwithskills wrote:I've never even seen the show, but I have gathered some stuff about it from the wiki and other sources. While I don't have the best idea, I'd put money on Dexter being a vigilante of some sort. He kills, but he kills bad people, and that seems like the textbook definition of a vigilante. I don't see any other way, although I do like the idea that he HAS to kill someone every night, preferably mafia.
Other than that I don't really know any of the characters, but I'll try to study up so I can contribute to the discussion.

willwithskills wrote:I'm guessing we were a little light on content yesterday because no one is really sure what they're supposed to be doing. All we've been talking about is role speculations, and as we've pretty much exhausted that conversation, there's nothing left to say. As far as I see, there's not been a single ounce of suspicious content in anyone's post, so I don't know where to go from here. I'm tempted to just vote randomly, but everybody knows that doesn't really solve anything on slow first days and means nothing.

willwithskills wrote:While it seems like the only way to get the game moving, I'm always sort of suspicious of over analyzers on day 1, like Weeks. While it is helpful in pointing out players worthy of attention, I feel like most people who post that thoroughly when there really isn't anything to go on are overcompensating for scumminess.
When you think about it, lynching a lurker is perhaps the worst thing we could do. In my experience, members of the mafia are the least likely to actually lurk, even on day 1. Why would a mafia member lurk when that is such an obvious and well known scum tell? The only people I see lurking are those who have legitimate reasons to or are civilians who are bored with their meager role in the game. So yeah, I'm not advocating a lurker lynch, in favor of actually waiting out for some evidence. We do have plenty of time, and there's a pretty good discussion going.

willwithskills wrote:Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I said there was plenty of discussion going on. Clearly we do need to get the game going, and the only way to do that is to end this day with at least a semi-deserved lynch. For all the previously stated reasons (deadline, intentionally vague/confusing, etc.) I'm going to

I got scumchills the first time I read that third post, and they're multiplying. Spilling wine on lurkers, casting doubt on analysis (which I think was pretty much the first analysis of any note in the game, certainly the first vote) and pushing to wait for evidence that won't come if people don't bloody analyse, only to fold as soon as he's called on it. I'm getting good townvibes from Weeks, BTW. There's probably not time enough to derail the Aztrain, but if there is,

Vote: Willwithskills

The Mighty Thesaurus

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:04 am UTC

In particular, I find WWS somewhat scummy. Either he's not paying any attention at all, or (with his "plenty of time and discussion" line) is trying to draw the day out to a timeout.

If it's the former, he should stop playing. If it's the latter, he should be punished. Either way, I'm going to
unvote: Azrael001 (I can't bring myself to say "Az")
vote: WWS
For the record, I agree with all of VZ's analysis re: WWS.

The Mighty Thesaurus

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:10 am UTC

I still believe that Az is suspicious, and I won't shed any tears if he is lynched, since I think it's reasonable given the information we have available. But I would prefer to vote for the person I consider the best candidate, assuming that vote won't lead to a no-lynch.

roband

Postby roband » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:52 pm UTC

Vote Count

Felltir's replacement - 2 votes (weiyaoli, Azrael001)
Azrael001 - 6 votes (Angua, The Moo Prophet, OverBored, willwithskills, Brooklynxman, __jess)
weiyaoli - 1 vote (ameretrifle)
Willwithskills - 2 votes (VectorZero, The Mighty Thesaurus)

Deadline

Roughly 8 hours from now.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm UTC

Dr Ug is now officially in the game as a replacement for Felltir. So, it looks like there are 2 votes on him. I'm sure that will help him feel welcome.

Carry on.
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:16 pm UTC

In response to VectorZero's post, I did end up changing my mind from voting for a lurker, because I agreed with the number of people who seemed to think that lurker lynching isn't the greatest move (I've barely played mafia before and am still finding my feet), and we were beginning to come up to the deadline. I still think that Azrael was being confusing, so I'm going to stick with him.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:26 pm UTC

I apologize, I didn't have enough time yesterday or Monday to post, but I have been reading the thread.

Azrael001 seems dead right now, but I don't like the bandwagon. Azrael001 seemed to me to not want to say much. I'm not sure of his alignment either. I guess being confusing makes him look scummy, but that doesn't excuse the bandwagon. If I was scum, lynching Az would look like an opportunity.

I think willwithskills is much scummier. To resume what I think about him,
VectorZero wrote:I got scumchills the first time I read that third post, and they're multiplying. Spilling wine on lurkers, casting doubt on analysis (which I think was pretty much the first analysis of any note in the game, certainly the first vote) and pushing to wait for evidence that won't come if people don't bloody analyse, only to fold as soon as he's called on it.

Vote: willwithskills

I agree with VZ's points overall, except that:
-I don't think that TMP's reasoning was very reasonable ("Someone has to die"?)
-At least Tigerlion mentioned wanting to wait for Azrael001's defense.

Hi Dr Ug.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:18 pm UTC

Vote Count
Dr Ug (inherited from Felltir) - 2 votes (weiyaoli, Azrael001)
Azrael001 - 6 votes (Angua, The Moo Prophet, OverBored, willwithskills, Brooklynxman, __jess)
weiyaoli - 1 vote (ameretrifle)
Willwithskills - 3 votes (VectorZero, The Mighty Thesaurus, Weeks)

Deadline
Less than 5 hours from now.
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Return to “Mafia”