Things few people know about you

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

TimelordSimone

Re: Things few people know about you

Postby TimelordSimone » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:47 pm UTC

Promicin wrote:I memorize lists of things by singing them. Aloud. In public. (And then people stare at me, and I look at them like, "Why, yes, I was just reciting the constellations to the tune of a Herman's Hermits song. Why?")

Remembering things in a song is so much easier than just remembering things.
I still remember all the colours of Joseph's Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.
I wasn't even one of the singers...
I mostly lurk. Hello.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

Everyone lies about being fine.

I sometimes lie about lieing about being fine...

I lie about being fine, of course, but I lie about being upset sometimes.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Obby

Postby Obby » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm UTC

Not so weird, but I love the sound of running water. Showers, faucets, waterfalls...

Pretty weird, electric motors also are quite soothing to me, from a little distance or with a barrier between me and it to dampen the sound. For instance, I like the sound of the pump to my parents' pool while I'm swimming, but not while I'm standing next to it. I also love the sound of the air pump for the bubbles in my parents' hot tub while I'm in the thing or on the deck around the hot tub, but not while I'm standing right next to the pump with the cover off...

I also love winter, it's my favorite season by far. Walking around outside during a snowstorm in the city at night is almost magical. There's no one around since they're all inside, no cars driving since it's dangerous and dark, and there's no noise since it's snow and not rain (and snow dampens noise anyway), the untouched snow sitting on top of the sidewalks, the cars, the roads, the signs...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 pm UTC

Everything. Seriously. I am somewhat open with my family, but even there I don't share much, except with my sister. Hell, I suspect there are less than 5 people in the world that know when my birthday is.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 am UTC

emceng wrote:Everything. Seriously. I am somewhat open with my family, but even there I don't share much, except with my sister. Hell, I suspect there are less than 5 people in the world that know when my birthday is.

March 23rd!
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

iChef

Postby iChef » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:22 am UTC

I love silk boxer shorts. My younger sister went to an international cheerleading competition in China a couple years ago. I was able to join them and explore the city when they were in practice. When I was out what did I do, explore the historical sites, experience exciting foreign cuisine, mingle with the locals? well yeah eventually but first I got the translator to tell me where I could buy a suitcase full of black market silk boxers! There is no better feeling in the world than fresh clean imported silk undergarments at street vendor prices.
Those whom God loves, he must make beautiful, and a beautiful character must, in some way, suffer.
-Tailsteak author of the Webcomics 1/0 and Leftover Soup

Return to “General”