However I am in dire need of some system which lets me define these traits in a non-anthropocentric way. Preferably without too many heavy rules. I have looked to GURPS, but since an average human is 10 in all attributes and stuff, I would have to give all other species less HT (which is in no way realistic) or FP (which is more realistic but no less convulted)6. GURPS is also way rules heavy if I want to assign some special abilities and model biotics properly, and the rules on cost of equipment are dodgy at best7.
I have considered writing my own system using 3d6 too, but ironing out a lot of complexity from GURPS, and make a large number of attributes to accurately describing each species8.
- BLUE SPACE ALIEN BABES IS NOT GOOD SCIENCE-FICTION.
- I am not going to link directly to TvTropes (that place is a black hole).
- TvTropes -> Humans Are Warriors
- A very American way of categorizing things (I'm very much FOR a socialistic approach to government8, and not very afraid of threats to my individual, or that society is going to take away my rights.) In my universe the Turians are a "group intelligence" working way better when more individuals are present, but capable of independent thought and opinion. Also, no Geth.
- TvTropes -> Planet of Hats
- HT stands for health and details resistance to damage and disease, along with regenerative ability and overall physical shape. FP stands for Fatigue Points and are used during physical and mental exercise.
- In my opinion at least. There is no "model advantage equipment gives in normal GURPS and the n convert points to money" system, which in my opinion is lacking.
- Yes I know, a footnote in a footnote. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_model