Matching a name & address to a DOB & SSN?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

musashi1600

Matching a name & address to a DOB & SSN?

Postby musashi1600 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am UTC

Just wondering, but is it possible for a non-governmental organization to match a living individual's name and home address with a date-of-birth and Social Security number using legally acquired information, and if so, how is it possible? I know that matching names to a physical address is easy (with access to voter registration rolls and/or property tax records), but I'm wondering where the other bits of information would have to come from if it can be done.

(I qualify the question with regard to living individuals because I know DOBs and SSNs for deceased individuals are available through the Social Security Death Index as an anti-fraud measure.)
It's Bicycle Repair Man!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Matching a name & address to a DOB & SSN?

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 pm UTC

What, need access to someone else's bank account, and can't remember their mother's maiden name?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

musashi1600

Postby musashi1600 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:49 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:What, need access to someone else's bank account, and can't remember their mother's maiden name?

Maybe. :twisted:

I do wonder how that information is treated, especially considering that there are a significant number of people who post half of the latter information on Facebook for friends (if not *everyone*) to see.
It's Bicycle Repair Man!

Aiea

Postby Aiea » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:56 pm UTC

I hate the things that use 'mothers maiden name'. My mom uses her maiden name, that is her last name. I think it's going to get squirrly when my son grows up and he has to answer his mom's maiden name as that's his last name as well since I didn't change my name when i got married and gave him my last name.

icanus

Postby icanus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:12 pm UTC

Aiea wrote:I hate the things that use 'mothers maiden name'.

More and more places are letting you choose your own security question these days.

Return to “General”