- Brand new changes brought about by me: You are now able to list threads in their correct chronological order
Each comic is correctly numbered, and all duplicates are removed. Threads for all comics above ~113 already exist and are easily searchable. All old comics without a thread... probably don't deserve a new one, but if you must, and have something damn thrilling to say... just don't spam the forums or w/evs.
- Abide by the General Rules
- This forum is only for Randall Munroe's comics as posted on xkcd.com. Aside from the guest comic thread, there is no reason to post anything else.
- Have a question you feel could be answered in this forum? Look here first, then read the rules of the forum.
- Starting a thread for anything other than a new comic is pointless; it will get deleted.
- If you come across something that doesn't belong in this forum, don't reply to it; report it. It's most likely it'll be dealt with in 24 hours
- Don't be a dick. I cannot stress this enough.
- 'Randall get out of my head' posts get you laughed at in other sections of the forum. It's probably best you don't register just to post how you were only thinking about [subject of comic] the other day. Then again, if you are registering just to post that, you'll probably neglect to read this. Everyone else; it's our little secret
- Hammer says don't reply to spam posts. Report them instead. Srsly.
RULES FOR POSTING A NEW COMIC'S THREAD
Much as we all think it's silly, it's apparently important to you guys to be the 'first to post the new comic', so if you do get a warm tingly sense of pride from being the guy who gets the thread up first, then you have my gentle sympathy. But nonetheless follow the rules:
- Title subject should always be: ####: "Comic Name"
[DIGIT][DIGIT][DIGIT][DIGIT][COLON][SPACE][QUOTATION MARK][COMIC NAME][QUOTATION MARK]
- See the title of every other thread for clues. Note capitalisation, correct spelling, etc. and include quotation marks! This is purely for aesthetic reasons. I am an aesthetic paerson.
- Use the following code for the image:
- Code: Select all
- If you are unsure or unconfident about using BBCode... don't start a new thread. Someone else will within a minute of you, it seems.
- Write the title-text below. This is the text that pops up when you 'mouse-over' the comic.
- Provide some commentary below. This is a discussion after all... No point in just posting what's on the front page of xkcd.com and providing nothing else of value
- Don't start a blank thread just to be first. Not only is it a tiny bit pathetic, it's also annoying. Complete your thread before submitting it.
- If duplicates are made, only reply to the earliest one posted. The duplicates will be ruthlessly merged at some point, with no consideration given to disrupting the flow of conversation (hence why several threads have whiners going "waaaaah why are people posting in this thread and not the other?!").
- All comics on xkcd.com have threads dedicated to them and are numbered accordingly.
- Comics that Randall Munroe has created outside of xkcd
- xkcd book chat
- xkcd blag chat
- Geocities site redesign (the day Randall mocked up xkcd to look like a classic Geocities page)
- Unix site redesign (Awesome April Fools 2010 thingy)
- All comics that are no longer on the site begin with "####"