Mafia Avengers - Game Over - Skrull Supremacy!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Adam H

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 4 - Not as good as the movie.

Postby Adam H » Tue May 15, 2012 8:00 pm UTC

I'm fine with letting Angua switch her votes to wam, because that confirms that Angua is/was on a scumteam with wam. Because of this, wam should have nothing to fear.
-Adam

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 pm UTC

can someone summarize reasons for angua being scum? I cannot find much. I am going to lift my vote, and wait until things are cleared up for me, as I am having trouble sifting through all this information, and I don't want my newbness to ruin the vote.
un vote

flarpfreak
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Postby flarpfreak » Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 am UTC

Ok, I believe wam is scum who wants to help the town. If the NK doesn't fall where it should, he's an insta-lynch target, so misleading us would do very little good.

Unvote

As for Angua, I do not know what to think about the claim of her being a recruiter for the Dark Avengers, so I will hold off my vote. If new evidence comes to light, then I will vote her.
Wait, what?

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed May 16, 2012 2:34 am UTC

You're all scum or dumb. wam claimed Skrull scum. He already has two minions (for the two nights that everyone didn't get rb'd). Tonight gives him another one. Tomorrow he roleblocks roband. Puts his team at 4/10-11 people tomorrow.

He's leading a scum/cult mix with a NK (and likely a day kill as I think Adam is a Skruller).

If we don't lynch him today, the game is very likely going to be over tomorrow morning. All he needs is a 1-shot lynch immunity or some other tricky mechanism.

And even if he does get lynched tomorrow, he'll roleblock roband and be dead. That leaves 3 Skrullers running around.

Seriously people?!?!
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Wed May 16, 2012 3:59 am UTC

That seems to make sense.we need to kill the cult now, and if he if lying, we still kill scum.
vote: wam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 16, 2012 6:10 am UTC

Seeing that our ex-scum voted Angua is actually heartening, unless he was recruited himself.

As I see it, there are two cults, and we have to hit one of them. I think that Snark is correct that wam is playing a gambit for a win of his faction -- which is not town. As the mafia would seem to have two people left, one of them very likely a Dark Avenger, Snark is also probably right that wam is a Skrull, as I don't see how a single exposed mafioso could still pull off a win.

Now, he is apparently The Red Skull -- is there anything in flavor to suggest that it is likely that he was taken over by the Skrulls from the beginning? Actually, the flavor reason could be as easy as "Option 3: Did I say Red Skull? I meant Red Skrull!" That means we have:

wam definitely The Red Skull, probably a Skrull
Angua probably Norman Osborn, probably lead Dark Avenger

I'm really close to flip-flopping on this yet again. In the meantime:

Unvote: Angua

To give me time to consider.
Image <-- Evil experiment

wam

Postby wam » Wed May 16, 2012 8:24 am UTC

Ok so now some of you all seem to think im a skrull.

Well there are several good arguments against that.

1) According to snark I currently posses, a recruit, a NK, a role blocker, recruit imunity, and something else. Seems a little overpowered to me!
2) Also apparently the mod has created the skrulls a faction with a recruit and a NK. Seems a little overpowered.
3) It was me who brought up the skrulls in the first place. See my post in the spoiler below. Why on earth would i mention them if I was a skrull. At that point no one had mentioned skrulls since day 1.

Spoiler:
wam wrote:Roband

Why are you so convinced I am a) scum b) the last scum

I think there are at least 2 if not 3 scum remaining.
list of roles remaining

[spoiler]Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Giant Man (Henry Pym)
Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
Thor
Vision
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
Ronin (Clint Barton)
Wolverine (James Howlett)
Nick Fury
Red Skull (Johann Shmidt)
Norman Osborn
Dr. Victor von Doom (here but town now)
Skrull Captain
Skrull Soldier

Which suggest there are at least 4 anti town characters left, red skull, norman osborn, and both skrulls.

On a side note, there are 22 roles and 20 players, I thought we had matching numbers when we started. Also how long has the skrull soldier been in there?

[/spoiler]

I have already said this once but if you lynch me town loses.

at the moment scum/dark avengers/skrull/town
1/2/3/7
lynch me, tomorrow
0/3/4/5

town is in a minority and can't win.

Don't lynch me lynch angua
tomorrow
1/0/4/6 (assuming trine is cult)

Town can still win, although it will be hard from there. You basically need to hit the recruiter early (and hope it doesn't pass down).
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 am UTC

Wam - if you're part of the mafia, you possess the mafia kill. You could have recruited a roleblocker into your team (so not actually your own power). I don't see snark mentioning that you have recruit immunity (and even so, head of a cult makes sense to not be able to be recruited by other cults). You're not the overpowered one - you skrull minions all add to the powers.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

wam

Postby wam » Wed May 16, 2012 10:00 am UTC

Fair enough, still doesn't answer point 3.

And hopefully this can settle the whole debate, I asked the question by PM but hopefully the mod is also willing to answer it in thread.

If the all the remaining mafia are recruited into the cult/belonged to a cult from the beginning, does the mafia NK pass to the cult?

The answer I recieved by PM said no by the way.

roband

Postby roband » Wed May 16, 2012 12:02 pm UTC

Oh hey all. Again, lots of activity while I wasn't around.

On wam, I feel like he is trying to delay being killed (who knows who it was that blocked me? who knows that it won't happen again?) and his being alive tonight means that there is still a NK active.

Y'know, I kinda believe him on the "kill not passed to anyone else" thing. I think he's realised that I won't give up on the "you are the last remaining scum" idea, and has come to realise that he has to admit it.

Let's lynch wam and eliminate the NK. If I am not roleblocked again, town CAN still win this, because instead of killing people, my hammer is effectively a town-recruit power.
We will not be reducing the number of players in the game, but converting them to town. This means that town numbers can grow, whilst we reduce cult numbers. I can win town this game.

On Angua, maybe I should hammer her tomorrow - thus converting her to town. If she is the recruiter, that stops Dark Avengers recruiting anyone else.

I think, as long as I survive the night (which I do think I will do, if wam is allowed to live), we can win this.

roband

Postby roband » Wed May 16, 2012 12:04 pm UTC

And on that note:

Vote: wam

wam

Postby wam » Wed May 16, 2012 12:21 pm UTC

Two small questions roband

1) What about if your recruited tonight?

2) How are you going to hammer cults when town is in a minority?

Also let say I get lynched and town plays a perfect game.

Tomorrow adam H kills cult
you lynch cult and turn them town.

leaving either

0/1/5/5
or
0/2/4/5

Both ways town is screwed.

Unofficial votals

Votals:
Wam - 5 - Matt, Soc, Angua, Trine, Roband
Angua - 3 - Wam, Adam, T1mm
13 players, 7 to lynch
Yet to vote

mpolo
greenlover
CaptainFinglass
Snark (lost vote to roleclaim)

It would be good to hear from matt, who has been online but not posted since his vote for me on monday and Finglass.

wam

Postby wam » Wed May 16, 2012 12:22 pm UTC

EBWOP

I feel I should point out that im posting so much as work has been really quiet this week.

roband

Postby roband » Wed May 16, 2012 12:24 pm UTC

If I claim a power, does that make me lose my vote?

You know wam, I was trying to draw a cult in, but you're making me say this.
I am not afraid of being culted. It.. won't happen.

That's not a power claim, but I will claim if people wish - because I might as well, now that I've said what my power gives me.

wam

Postby wam » Wed May 16, 2012 12:28 pm UTC

fair enough

I still think lynching me is a quick way for town to lose (even if you don't get culted) but Im going to give up trying to convince all of you.

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm UTC

Reading through everything, it makes more sense to lynch wam today and Angua first thing 'tomorrow'. We know they're both going to be lynched, the only thing is which order.

Allons-y!

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 16, 2012 1:36 pm UTC

I think I'm going to have to go with this. I've been agonizing over it all day, and I just don't see how wam could "receive permission to play against faction". The mod has said that he has no problems with what wam is doing, therefore, he is playing for his faction. As the mafia is demonstrably small at this point, a cult membership seems quite likely.

Image <-- Evil experiment

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed May 16, 2012 1:38 pm UTC

ninja'd by hammer. :P
-Adam

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed May 16, 2012 6:09 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Wam has been lynched. He was Red Skull, mafia, and his secondary ability was Norse Mythos. With his death, the Mafia has been abolished. However, the game is not over.

Night 6 4 :P begins. Deadline in 48 hours.

Vieto

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 4 - Shakespear in the park

Postby Vieto » Fri May 18, 2012 7:36 pm UTC

Everyone waits tensely for the next death. Surprisingly, it doesn't happen. But change is in the air.

Day 5 begins, deadline in 7 days. 12 players alive, 7 to lynch. Potential Lylo.

Begin!

Adam H

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 4 - Shakespear in the park

Postby Adam H » Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 pm UTC

welp, this is going to be tough. It's tough to get rid of cult with only lynches. :(

I'm roleblocked today. So I can't use my kill or my inno child.

Angua's probably our best lynch target. My other guesses on cultists are snark, trine, SoC...

Vote: Angua
-Adam

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:43 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:My primary power is something like an innocent child. Whenever I choose, Vieto shows my true faction. So I'm not concerned if you think I'm cult, because if I get close to being lynched, I can refute it. That's why I'm calling it like I see it rather than trying to make it look like I'm cult with wam.

wam will kill trine tonight.

Snark, recruit me tonight. This will prove that you haven't been culted, I think.

Tomorrow we lynch wam, whether or not roband has his power (we MUST determine this now, so that if wam has the roleblock he can't just keep on using it on roband). I will use my primary power tomorrow (so cult would be foolish to cult me, because I will come back as cult tomorrow and will be lynched).

Between this post and you claiming to be role-blocked, I can't be the only one to think that Adam H's latest post is because he got recruited and is trying to avoid getting lynched, but i am not so certain of this as to want him to die instantly without at least some further consideration of how likely this is to be true.

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri May 18, 2012 8:47 pm UTC

matt96 wrote:
Adam H wrote:My primary power is something like an innocent child. Whenever I choose, Vieto shows my true faction. So I'm not concerned if you think I'm cult, because if I get close to being lynched, I can refute it. That's why I'm calling it like I see it rather than trying to make it look like I'm cult with wam.

wam will kill trine tonight.

Snark, recruit me tonight. This will prove that you haven't been culted, I think.

Tomorrow we lynch wam, whether or not roband has his power (we MUST determine this now, so that if wam has the roleblock he can't just keep on using it on roband). I will use my primary power tomorrow (so cult would be foolish to cult me, because I will come back as cult tomorrow and will be lynched).

Between this post and you claiming to be role-blocked, I can't be the only one to think that Adam H's latest post is because he got recruited and is trying to avoid getting lynched, but i am not so certain of this as to want him to die instantly without at least some further consideration of how likely this is to be true.

That's the first thing that I thought. FoS: Adam
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

greenlover

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby greenlover » Fri May 18, 2012 9:01 pm UTC

If he was recruited, that means he can't be the recruiter, and is thus of secondary priority. If what wam told us is true, Angua is a recruiter, and thus needs to be lynched. Thus, Angua remains a better lynch. I find it remarkably curious that both Matt and snark have ignored this fact. In fact, neither one of them bothered to comment on Angua at all. Explain?

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri May 18, 2012 9:02 pm UTC

What greenlover said. And anyways, we know that there's a day roleblock power out there, so it should be an easy confirmation.
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri May 18, 2012 9:19 pm UTC

greenlover wrote:If he was recruited, that means he can't be the recruiter, and is thus of secondary priority. If what wam told us is true, Angua is a recruiter, and thus needs to be lynched. Thus, Angua remains a better lynch. I find it remarkably curious that both Matt and snark have ignored this fact. In fact, neither one of them bothered to comment on Angua at all. Explain?

Or Adam IS the recruiter, and he's very intelligently pretended that he got recruited last night. Concerning Angua, what is there to comment on? Obviously Angua is a prime lynch target unless she role-claims someone who is definitely not a scum/cult recruiter, AND she doesn't get counter-claimed. And even then, if she's the leader, she could just be borrowing the identity of one of her recruitees. I ignored no facts and never said that Adam would be a better lynch.

Adam H wrote:What greenlover said. And anyways, we know that there's a day roleblock power out there, so it should be an easy confirmation.

I would have guessed wam had the roleblock. Which would mean that no one has it any more.

In other news: Look at the updated OP:

Vieto wrote:Skrull Captain
Skrull Soldier
Skrull Soldier
Skrull Soldier

I think the Skrulls gained two members since yesterday! So finding the Skrull Captain (I'm guessing that's the recruiter) should be our other goal along with killing the recruiter for the DA's.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:43 pm UTC

Ok then, is anyone else role-blocked today? Also, sorry for ignoring what could be a cult recruiter, I am wary of believing what a mafia member said, as they could have just decided to try to screw over town because of their impending loss, and I think getting rid of a cultee with a kill is of about the same importance as getting rid of a recruiter, and, IMO, Adam H is more likely to have been recruited than Angua is to be a recruiter, because the information we got about Angua being a recruiter is just drowning in wine.

I got ninja'd and Snark's logic seems feasible, except for a cult recruiter having a public daykill FOS:Snark for being a potential cultee.

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 pm UTC

matt96 wrote:FOS:Snark for being a potential cultee.

Really? Really?

First off, I'm cult immune. Secondly, who ISN'T a potential cultee?

FoS Matt: For meaningless FoS and for being a potential cultee :roll:

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:07 pm UTC

with matt and Snark as recruitees. Leaves Skrulls still open. If anyone got any clues on that, yes please, as a quick count tells me that I'm one of the very few non-recruitees.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 pm UTC

Snark wrote:
matt96 wrote:FOS:Snark for being a potential cultee.

Really? Really?

First off, I'm cult immune. Secondly, who ISN'T a potential cultee?

FoS Matt: For meaningless FoS and for being a potential cultee :roll:

I'm saying you could have been culted, as you could be covering for your cult leader by focusing attnetion on Adam H as a potential cult leader when he has a public daykill, which would be OP for a cult leader in a game like this, where as I am focusing on Adam H as a potential cultee with a kill, which is almost as dangerous as a cult leader, if not more so.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:23 pm UTC

Oh look! It's matt accusing everyone of defending their recruiter while dodging all attacks on Angua..
The irony, it inflicts physical pain.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 pm UTC

...and you are ignoring how winy the only "evidence" I see against Angua (wam's claim) is probably the wineiest thing to have occurred all game.

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 pm UTC

And you're ignoring the distinct possibility of Adam having been culted?

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Fri May 18, 2012 10:47 pm UTC

You hear a loud shout of pain as Angua stubs his toe, and accidentally pushes the "reveal identity" button instead of the "frame victim" button. Suddenly, a giant billboard displays "Angua is a Skrull disguised as Norman Osbourne. Loud cursing is heard. Must have been bad luck.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:58 pm UTC

Erm.. Wow, guys. I'm saying you're ignoring stuff, and you respond by ignoring it harder. That'll work.

Why was wam's claim winy when everything we can confirm was true? I don't see a single part confirmed as not true, and several parts confirmed true.

I honestly don't see how Adam getting culted is any relevant as we'll never kill him before he gets his daykill in, and as a recruitee he can't possibly be the recruiter, so very low-profile target if he's a target at all.

In more funny news, I've just been invited to join the Dark Avengers, the very cult I'm currently trying to take down. If there's any sign I'm on the right track, it's that one. Highly important: I declined. I will not voluntarily betray my faction for a weaker one.

In even more fun news, (I'm hilarious today) my PM said recruiter stubbed his toe. Look who came up! Just sad mod ninja'd me. Really, killing Angua is slam dunk now.

In other news, DAs, your recruiter was a skrull. You might want to give it your all to weed out Skrulls, as you're at major disadvantage here.

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri May 18, 2012 11:01 pm UTC

This is extremely straightforward now.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:09 pm UTC

No, I've been saying it is possible that Adam H has been recruited, and I got triple ninja'd while eating as I was typing up this post, and I don't see anything to do other than

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 pm UTC

How is a cultee with one public kill left more dangerous than a recruiter? >.<
If matt is not in the Dark Avengers, I'll eat my doctor's license.

Other than that, Dark Avengers, town, we must fight against the unknown danger that is the Skrulls. Anyone got any clue, claim it cus we need it.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Fri May 18, 2012 11:24 pm UTC

vote- Angua

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 pm UTC

I'll tell you the same thing I told Lataro in PyPokemafia (with slight modification)
what kind of socks doctor's license are you going to eat, are they new socks doctor's license, ratty, dirty, old socks doctor's license that stink? Please be more specific.

I just got ninja'd again because I went back to eat more in the middle of typing up this post, and I think trineroks might be part of the skrull cult as trine apparently intentionally used the wrong format to vote for a confirmed skrull and Dark Avengers cult leader.

Return to “Mafia”