Gargoyles Mafia - Game Over: Xanatos Gambit (Scum Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 23, 2012 1:41 am UTC

I am going to put my foot in my mouth and say I could be wrong about my claim. I could be insane. In fact, I think I probably am, because I keep going over and over it in my head and everything makes sense (including it looking like I targeted CF) if BoomFrog is scum. Also, neither he nor MN voted for Fearless.

Vote: BoomFrog
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby ahammel » Wed May 23, 2012 1:59 am UTC

Snark wrote:
JesseScottOwen wrote:Okay, WELL, if any town people who have already claimed get killed tonight, I'm assuming that you did your job HORRIBLY and are scum.

JesseScottOwen wrote:I roleblocked you.

JesseScottOwen wrote:Even if Boomfrog WERE town, it would still be a better idea for town to lynch him than to take the chance that he's scum.


I'd also be happy lynching JSO. I'm know there's no way he can be sure of my being scum, because I'm town. So he's lying for some reason. My guess is that he was taken over by the cult group and would rather have me lynched than recruited as he can't be seen buddying with someone he was attacking recently.

Unless you have some special reason to believe you weren't roleblocked last night, none of your JSO quotes are demonstrable lies. It just means that JSO has taken a dislike to you. I think he's wrong, but not for necessarily scummy reasons.

Do you know you weren't roleblocked? If so, spill. If not, I'm inclined to regard your last quoted paragraph as OMGUS.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed May 23, 2012 2:06 am UTC

Once again, what bastardly kind of insane rolecop would return a person's claimed role? Once again, how would that even work if they hadn't claimed?

Right now I'm seeing two options. Either scum have falseclaims (In which case we should lynch JSO) or they don't (In which case we should lynch carey and ahammel, then move on to looking for a cult). That's not too complicated, we just have to decide which. What is complicated is a bastardly-naive rolecop and a cult claiming a mason group.

ahammel wrote:Unless you have some special reason to believe you weren't roleblocked last night, none of your JSO quotes are demonstrable lies. It just means that JSO has taken a dislike to you. I think he's wrong, but not for necessarily scummy reasons.

We all have a good reason. KrO2 died yesterday instead of mpolo or CaptainFinglass

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby ahammel » Wed May 23, 2012 2:43 am UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:Once again, what bastardly kind of insane rolecop would return a person's claimed role? Once again, how would that even work if they hadn't claimed?

Say Xanatos is a cult recruiter. The mod could decide beforehand that role-cop investigations against him will return 'mason-recruiter'. Xanatos is told this in advance.

Not saying that's what's going on here (in fact I'm pretty sure it's not, as that's a hideously overpowered cult in a game that already has a mafia and probably an SK), but it would be pretty trivial to set up as a mod if one was so inclined.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed May 23, 2012 3:03 am UTC

Votals:
BoomFrog: 2 (JesseScottOwen, UniqueScreenname)
JesseScottOwen: 1 (Mostlynormal)
UniqueScreenname: 1 (Snark)

10 players alive, 6 votes to lynch. Deadline in approximately 68 hours.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby ahammel » Wed May 23, 2012 3:05 am UTC

EBWOP:
Mostlynormal wrote:
ahammel wrote:Unless you have some special reason to believe you weren't roleblocked last night, none of your JSO quotes are demonstrable lies. It just means that JSO has taken a dislike to you. I think he's wrong, but not for necessarily scummy reasons.

We all have a good reason. KrO2 died yesterday instead of mpolo or CaptainFinglass

Bad argument for two reasons. The first is wine, and the second is that scum's priority is to kill cops and doctors, not trackers and bodyguards.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed May 23, 2012 3:32 am UTC

Except we don't have any cops and doctors. It could be argued that a bodyguard is better than a tracker anyway. And explain exactly where the wine is there. Scum couldn't anticipate that Snark would be roleblocked and KrO2 would be busdriven. So scum had no reason to avoid a claimed power role to "spread wine".

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 23, 2012 3:58 am UTC

@USN: Jesse is being unreasonable but I expected better from you. For me to have targeted Finglass I would have had to take two different actions D1. Even if I'm theoretically a cult recruiter I still recruited MN D1. I think it is much more likely that mpolo was redirected to track someone who actually did target Finglass. Or the hologram thing but apparently no one thinks that's reasonable. : /

Also btw, I said Broadway was likely to be naive, I never said Lexington was likely insane.

I think snark, ahammel and Carey really need to claim right now. Either scum have safe claims and there's not much harm in everyone saying what their claim is, or scum don't have safeclaims and those three are scum hoping to go another day without being forced to claim. Carey has been the most unreasonable and is avoiding forming any opinions today and my opinion of his towniness has quickly descended. (I think carey should claim in mason chat and the other two should claim in thread after carey, that will give scum the most chance to screw up.)

Vote: Careyhammer
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 23, 2012 4:00 am UTC

ahammel wrote:I'll repeat my eleventh-hour question from last nigt. Finglass, did you target USN during day 1?


And I'd like Finglass to answer this. I assume ahammel has a good reason for asking, and I'm curious to know what it is.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby ahammel » Wed May 23, 2012 4:14 am UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:Except we don't have any cops and doctors.

There were no kills D1. We probably have a doctor.
Mostlynormal wrote: It could be argued that a bodyguard is better than a tracker anyway.

True but irrelevant, as both our tracker and our bodyguard are still alive.
Mostlynormal wrote:And explain exactly where the wine is there. Scum couldn't anticipate that Snark would be roleblocked and KrO2 would be busdriven. So scum had no reason to avoid a claimed power role to "spread wine".

Their purpose may have been to cast doubt on the claimed roles. And here we are questioning the roleclaims. If that's what scum were trying to do, it worked.
BoomFrog wrote:I think snark, ahammel and Carey really need to claim right now.

I'm not going to claim unless you guys are determined to lynch me. Depending on circumstances, maybe not even then. Power reasons.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed May 23, 2012 4:22 am UTC

ahammel wrote:
Mostlynormal wrote:Except we don't have any cops and doctors.

There were no kills D1. We probably have a doctor.

Sorry. My mistake. I meant we had no claimed doctors/cops

ahammel wrote:
Mostlynormal wrote: It could be argued that a bodyguard is better than a tracker anyway.

True but irrelevant, as both our tracker and our bodyguard are still alive.

Oh, another mistake. Should be "a bodyguard is better than a doctor anyway." My point was scum don't need to search for a doctor when they have claimed trackers and bodyguards.

ahammel wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I think snark, ahammel and Carey really need to claim right now.

I'm not going to claim unless you guys are determined to lynch me. Depending on circumstances, maybe not even then. Power reasons.

How evasive. Then just claim your rolename, which is the only thing we want right now anyway.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby ahammel » Wed May 23, 2012 4:32 am UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:Oh, another mistake. Should be "a bodyguard is better than a doctor anyway."

Unless we are using the term very differently, a bodyguard is much worse than a doctor. My understanding (source) is that a bodyguard targets one player during the day, and if the mafia target that player the bodyguard is killed instead.

Mostlynormal wrote:My point was scum don't need to search for a doctor when they have claimed trackers and bodyguards.

And why would scum go after trackers and bodyguards if they suspect that town has doctors and cops? They would be equally justified, if not better, in killing non-claimed townies to try and find one with a better power role.

Mostlynormal wrote:
ahammel wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I think snark, ahammel and Carey really need to claim right now.

I'm not going to claim unless you guys are determined to lynch me. Depending on circumstances, maybe not even then. Power reasons.

How evasive. Then just claim your rolename, which is the only thing we want right now anyway.

No. Same reason as above.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed May 23, 2012 4:42 am UTC

That may be right but I think I remember CaptainFinglass claiming her target was both roleblocked and protected (like a jailkeeper) rather than the standard bodyguard thing. But it's also possible that I just read bodyguard as jailkeeper and faked the memory.

Anyway, I'm sorry. I don't buy that your power is so super-duper top secret that even claiming your name would give it away. I think you're scum run out of falseclaims and trying desperately to avoid claiming.

Unvote

Vote: ahammel


Because even a super top secret special power role would rather be nightkilled than lynched. So you'd better start talking.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby ahammel » Wed May 23, 2012 4:53 am UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:That may be right but I think I remember CaptainFinglass claiming her target was both roleblocked and protected (like a jailkeeper) rather than the standard bodyguard thing. But it's also possible that I just read bodyguard as jailkeeper and faked the memory.

She claimed only that her role name is 'bodyguard' and (indirectly) that she knows if she was kill-targeted.

Mostlynormal wrote:Anyway, I'm sorry. I don't buy that your power is so super-duper top secret that even claiming your name would give it away. I think you're scum run out of falseclaims and trying desperately to avoid claiming.

Believe what you like. I'm keeping my role under wraps until it's clear to me that it's better for town if everybody (including scum) knows it. I would suggest everybody else do the same.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby CaptainFinglass » Wed May 23, 2012 5:15 am UTC

@ahammel - No. I haven't targeted USN at all this game. Why is that so important?
Allons-y!

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby careyhammer » Wed May 23, 2012 5:59 am UTC

Sorry for all the lurking. I just don't know what to say. Every scum out there knows for a fact that I am not one of them. I am a member of BF's mason group. I do not feel comfortable claiming right now, so I think my best move is to remain silent. I can't figure out who to believe, so I will vote at the last minute.
DUCK!

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby mpolo » Wed May 23, 2012 6:20 am UTC

Da Big Cheez: I have a minor problem: I will be out of town from Thursday to Tuesday. I am somewhat doubtful that I am going to be able to find time for this over that time period. (Accompanying students…) This may not be end of the world, in that I will hopefully come to some sort of a conclusion here and can place my vote and send in my target early, probably getting back into this early on Night 4. If for any reason this is inconvenient for you, I will need to be replaced.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 23, 2012 7:02 am UTC

Interesting stuff in masonchat going on. I no longer think anyone needs to claim. More updates later.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 23, 2012 7:30 am UTC

Right, so anyway. Carey admitted to being scum in mason chat. I'd vote him but I already am. The only reason not to lynch him is if we think we can pick out the illuminate recruiter, but that seems like a longshot compared to a sure scum lynch.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby careyhammer » Wed May 23, 2012 7:33 am UTC

Boomfrog is the real scum. I am an innocent bystander. Don't believe a word of what he says.

Vote: Boomfrog
DUCK!

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 am UTC

Well at least I hope that proves that I am not a cult recruiter :p
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby mpolo » Wed May 23, 2012 8:48 am UTC

If careyhammer would be so good as to tell us why we should believe him over BoomFrog, it would be very helpful. As it stands, BoomFrog has a much stronger case for being a town mason recruiter than careyhammer has for being an innocent bystander.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby careyhammer » Wed May 23, 2012 9:25 am UTC

I have no direct evidence. My vote was basically just an OMGUS.

I did not admit to being scum in mason chat. I admitted to being neutral in the Manhattan Clan vs. Xanatos Enterprises conflict.

Can't we all just get along?

So, now I do not trust anyone, especially BF.
DUCK!

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 23, 2012 10:02 am UTC

Not neutral. Serial Killer. Well, I guess that's arguably neutral in the, "I want all of you to die equally" sense.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby careyhammer » Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Not neutral. Serial Killer. Well, I guess that's arguably neutral in the, "I want all of you to die equally" sense.


I was lying on the mason chat. I am actually an insane jester. If you lynch me I automatically win. Go ahead. Make my day.
DUCK!

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby mpolo » Wed May 23, 2012 11:59 am UTC

We know for a fact that there is a vig or SK around, and the number of scum that have to be accounted for is almost exactly as big as our number of unclaimed persons. This is probably coincidence, of course -- there are likely scum that are false-claiming among us.

Knowing that there are kills around that aren't accounted for, I would suggest getting rid of one of those now.

Vote: careyhammer

As I said, I'll only be around for the rest of today IRL. If there's a good reason not to be voting here, please make the point fast.
Image <-- Evil experiment

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby CaptainFinglass » Wed May 23, 2012 12:11 pm UTC

Here's my logic--if BF were scum, when carey flips town, both BF and MN would pretty much be lynched instantly. That's rather a big risk for scum to take. Furthermore, if Carey were a jester (how can a jester be insane?) he wouldn't have admitted to being such (ie that's less likely to get him lynched) and he would have been less inclined to convince us he was town for multiple days.

Vote: careyhammer
Allons-y!

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby Snark » Wed May 23, 2012 1:31 pm UTC

Votals:
BoomFrog: 3 (JesseScottOwen, UniqueScreenname, careyhammer)
UniqueScreenname: 1 (Snark)
ahammel: 1 (Mostlynormal)
careyhammer: 3 (BoomFrog, mpolo, CaptainFinglass)

careyhammer wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Not neutral. Serial Killer. Well, I guess that's arguably neutral in the, "I want all of you to die equally" sense.

I was lying on the mason chat. I am actually an insane jester. If you lynch me I automatically win. Go ahead. Make my day.


So Carey admitted to telling BF he was a SK in mason chat. Now he's claiming jester.

Why would he do that?
1) He's actually an SK and was hoping that BF was scummy somehow and would let him live and vouch for him in thread
2) He's a jester who wanted to be called out as an SK in thread. But this makes no sense as he claimed jester in thread.
3) He's a townie who lied to a mason recruiter and is now claiming jester. This makes no sense.
5) He's scum. He thought he could get BF lynched by telling everyone that BF was lying about him.

3 seems the least likely. 2 is pretty unlikely as well.

My votes going on Carey unless something rather significant happens to change my mind, but I don't want to put him at L-2 until more people get a chance to weigh in.

Unvote: UniqueScreenname

Because it appears we've found the real SK.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 23, 2012 1:46 pm UTC

Unvote
Vote: careyhammer

I was suspicious of him before but I was confused because he voted for fearless, so I went in another direction. If he's indy , out all makes sense. However, this doesn't mean I find you credible again, BF. Mafia and town both want to get rid of SKs.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby ahammel » Wed May 23, 2012 2:25 pm UTC

CaptainFinglass wrote:@ahammel - No. I haven't targeted USN at all this game. Why is that so important?

If you had, it would explain all the D1 actions. I found a situation where we could explain it with Snark lying about his targets, which is why I was keeping it under my hat. I think a Snark redirect would have done it as well, but I didn't realize that until later.

It absolutely depends on you having targeted USN, though. I still have no idea what happened D1.

But it doesn't matter because we have a claimed serial killer. I don't know why we didn't think of asking politely for the scum to claim before.

vote: careyhammer

BoomFrog wrote:Right, so anyway. Carey admitted to being scum in mason chat. I'd vote him but I already am. The only reason not to lynch him is if we think we can pick out the illuminate recruiter, but that seems like a longshot compared to a sure scum lynch.

Am I the only one who's starting to suspect the Illuminati don't exist? The only evidence we have for them is an insane cop, and mafia + SK + Cult seems horribly unbalanced in a game this size.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 3: By The Light Of The Moon

Postby Snark » Wed May 23, 2012 4:00 pm UTC

Vote: careyhammer

as the mod's online, and I see nothing more fruitful than an SK lynch coming out of this night.

Goodbye, SK.

[insert joke about hammering careyHAMMER]
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Day 3: Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed May 23, 2012 4:07 pm UTC

And bang, bang, Maxwell’s silver hammer came down upon his head;
Clang, clang, Maxwell’s silver hammer made sure that he was dead...


Final Votals:
ahammel: 1 (Mostlynormal)
BoomFrog: 2 (careyhammer, JesseScottOwen)
careyhammer: 6 (ahammel, BoomFrog, CaptainFinglass, mpolo, Snark, UniqueScreenname)


Discussion went back and forth, until suddenly a bold pronouncement rang out - and all eyes turned to careyhammer. They moved to surround him as he backed towards the edge of the roof, but nobody seemed willing to make the final move. Finally, Snark stepped forward...

But ahammel came charging out of the group, shouting “No, this is my fight! Now let it be FINISHED!”

With that, he launched himself at careyhammer in a flying tackle, and both of them plunged over the side and out of sight, careyhammer’s screams echoing through the night until both of them finished their long fall to the ground below.


careyhammer has been lynched. His role will be revealed at nightfall.
ahammel has died. His role will be revealed at nightfall.


The group stood in shock at this double death, nobody speaking for a while until they noticed the hue of dawn beginning to color the night sky - already? That was fast...So, it was time for them to split up. For safety. And for their own reasons as well...

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end on Friday, May 25, 2012 at 16:00 PDT (23:00 GMT). The Day will end earlier if all actions are submitted early and all parties with Day chat consent. (This is identical to the conditions that were being used to determine early Day end previously, but I have changed the wording to be more clear.)
Last edited by DaBigCheez on Thu May 24, 2012 7:52 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Day 3: Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Postby careyhammer » Wed May 23, 2012 5:11 pm UTC

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
DUCK!

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Day 3: Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu May 24, 2012 7:52 pm UTC

As it's looking like I may not be around tomorrow, deadline has been extended by one day to Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 10:00 PDT (17:00 GMT). The same early-end rules apply, if I am around to begin the Night.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall Of Demona

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat May 26, 2012 5:05 pm UTC

Nobody reconvened at the usual spot - they all first went to where careyhammer and ahammel had impacted the ground, unable to contain their curiosity at what had happened. What they saw was a look of tormented anguish on careyhammer’s face, the familiar and ever-furious visage of Demona unshielded by illusion at last - and also broken and unmoving. Yet ahammel, whose broken body lay atop hers, had a look of peace and contentment - Macbeth had finally ended his centuries-long hunt...

careyhammer was Demona (Immortal Serial Killer). She was a Serial Killer (Independent) and was a Gargoyle, but would appear Human to racecops. She won if she and Macbeth were the only living players remaining. She would gain an extra vote with four or fewer players remaining. She was a member of the Redemption Squad mason group.

ahammel was Macbeth (Immortal Lyncher). He was a Lyncher (Independent) and was a Human. He won if he was on a lynch that killed Demona. He would also Watch himself each night.

The two of them had a shared Immortality. Neither of them could be killed except at the hand of the other, but they would both die when this occurred. They would both be Roleblocked the following Day if this ability prevented one of their deaths.


After then flying up to their meeting place, they were in for a shock. Breakfast was still there, and uneaten! Oh no...that must mean...

JesseScottOwen has died during the Day. He was Broadway (Roleblocker). He was aligned with the Manhattan Clan (Town) and was a Gargoyle.

There were fewer and fewer of them left now - and Demona’s spell seemed to persist even past her death. But at least she was gone now. Would they soon follow suit?

It is now Night 4.
Night 4 will end on Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 16:00 PDT (23:00 GMT), just under 126 hours from now.

7 players alive, 4 votes to lynch.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sat May 26, 2012 6:01 pm UTC

Snark, what is your win condition?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat May 26, 2012 7:10 pm UTC

Just a reminder:

Standard Mafia Rules wrote:3. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Snark, what is your win condition?
I've got stuff to say but I'm curious to see where your going with this first.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Snark » Sat May 26, 2012 11:54 pm UTC

Eliminate all anti-town or make such elimination inevitable.

Vote: UniqueScreenname

For the odd question and for being the most likely Illuminata leader. We know she was roleblocked on D1, AND we know that the cult missed at least 1 night of recruiting or they'd be at 4 people (1 recruiter plus 3 recruits), and the game would be over.

Also, as a rolecop, US must know that I was telling the truth about my role if she copped me. I can't think of a reason why she would legitimately suspect me. If she's not the leader, she's a recruit.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Mostlynormal » Sun May 27, 2012 1:09 am UTC

So here's the problem. We've all claimed beleiveable things except Snark, so either scum have safeclaims (which would actually surprise me considering the amount of scummy people who's claims turned out to be true), or Snark is the cult leader. And I don't like that option either, because his bus driver claim is basically confirmed, and why the heck would a cult leader also be a bus driver? One thing that occurs to me is maybe there is no cult and he's Xanatos, aligned with Xanatos Enterprises. Bus driver would certainly be a Xanatos-like ability.

I think our best bet is to have Snark claim his rolename. If he also has a decent sounding claim then at least we know we'll have to do it the hard way, and if he doesn't we've just caught ourselves a cult leader.

Also, to everyone who doubted the Redemption Squad: told you so! :D


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests