The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:20 pm UTC

Zombies
Spoiler:
Who to kill, who to kill? I'm inclined to believe KrO2 at the moment, and I would rather not kill more town, since I think we killed town today. Also, Tim did not say who he targeted, leading me to believe he may have been zombified, plus that slip about what zombies can and can't do. I feel very suspicious of him. Think about it a while, and probably choose between those two.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:37 pm UTC

K2K
Spoiler:
I really hope CJ is scum. if he turns up town, that won't help my position here at all.

I'm thinking about culting NU. he's been active in pursuing me so far. somehow, lynx has managed to stay under the radar for now - I just hope it stays that way.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:05 pm UTC

Zombies
Spoiler:
Ok, I'm going to get rid of KrO2. I still am suspicious of Tim, but I remember in Shadowrun I was always really impressed how he seemed completely sincere no matter what side he was on. He's a gifted salesman, and that frankly terrifies me. Also, this should get rid of any doubts that may be had that I am not town. So here's to hopefully not putting away the game for the zombies.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

New User

Postby New User » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:41 pm UTC

One Ring
Spoiler:
Maybe fshfood will jumpstart this game. Town can still win, if they get it together. We played pretty poorly on day one by having our votes too spread. It's pathetic that a single scummy was able to take over the lynch.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:53 pm UTC

Zombies
Spoiler:
Well, I hope US doesn't kill me tonight. She seemed to be buying what I said about being possibly insane town (I'm so glad I lied about Vieto having targeted Chickenfish; if I have a chance that's probably where it comes from), but if she's town she'll probably do what Tim said. Which sucks. I've been wondering if she might be mafia who made me a zombie, in which case she knows what I am but doesn't know I'd turn on her given the chance, so she won't kill me. She seemed to be more convinced by my response to Tim than I was.

RotZ D4 probability estimate: Of the five non-me players left, there is (probably) one scum left and I was the only zombie. I don't think CF is it. With a base chance of a little under 20%, well, I'll just round down to 15%. That'll be an embarrassing guess if he is.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:00 pm UTC

KrO2 wrote:Zombies
Spoiler:
Well, I hope US doesn't kill me tonight. She seemed to be buying what I said about being possibly insane town (I'm so glad I lied about Vieto having targeted Chickenfish; if I have a chance that's probably where it comes from), but if she's town she'll probably do what Tim said. Which sucks. I've been wondering if she might be mafia who made me a zombie, in which case she knows what I am but doesn't know I'd turn on her given the chance, so she won't kill me. She seemed to be more convinced by my response to Tim than I was.

RotZ D4 probability estimate: Of the five non-me players left, there is (probably) one scum left and I was the only zombie. I don't think CF is it. With a base chance of a little under 20%, well, I'll just round down to 15%. That'll be an embarrassing guess if he is.

Zombies (KrO2 can't read)
Spoiler:
:P
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:32 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
Adam H wrote:*But then USN makes a scummy mistake. Assuming doctor is in play, there's a 50% chance we have cop and roleblocker, and 50% chance we have neither. Scum would know which it is. So FoS: USN, for being fairly sure of the scenario. This might be significant enough for a lynch, I can't tell if it was an honest mistake or not.
I don't even know what this means, how this can make me look scummy. I guess I'll try to figure it out.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:F11
Spoiler:
Adam H wrote:*But then USN makes a scummy mistake. Assuming doctor is in play, there's a 50% chance we have cop and roleblocker, and 50% chance we have neither. Scum would know which it is. So FoS: USN, for being fairly sure of the scenario. This might be significant enough for a lynch, I can't tell if it was an honest mistake or not.
I don't even know what this means, how this can make me look scummy. I guess I'll try to figure it out.

Edit, also K2K:
Spoiler:
Oh, hey, figured it out. Also, it will be hilarious if I end up getting voted out for the same sort of thing that has been causing so much trouble for eculc :P .

cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 am UTC

Party Mafia:
Spoiler:
So at the moment... I don't even have a win condition! Oh, fun times.

Yeah. "Fairly" complex setup. Next spoiler (will add in an edit) will contain my role - don't click if, for any reason, you don't want to know!
EDIT: More Partyin':
Spoiler:
TheMaskedGecko wrote:Vengeful Ex
Hey look who’s here! It’s wam! You know, the guy from the last party. The one who promised to love you forever and then never called back. Looks like he’s on the pull again. Well, we’ll see about that…

Alignment: Neutral/Town

Role: Lyncher. wam has the ability to choose another player to flirt with. When they do you will be informed of who it is. It will be your job to get this player lynched. If this is impossible (ie. if wam dies before choosing a player), you can get a ½ win with town.
wam's not dead, and I don't have a Lynchee - I guess that technically means I'm half-winning with Town so far... But I only kinda care about that. Curses!
Last edited by cjdrum on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
:shock:

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 am UTC

K2K
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, lynx. I just wish I actually could have made it to N1.

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 pm UTC

We are in need of replacements for Keys to the Kingdom. Please message me and conman if you are interested.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:10 pm UTC

K2K again
Spoiler:

PLEASE lynx, cover me here. I need all the help I can get at this point.

if more people can vote for JSO and/or his replacement, then I might get off the hook. I just hope it'll be enough.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:24 pm UTC

random question

Having just replaced username in K2K can I now read the spoilers he has posted about the game?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:25 pm UTC

Gargoyles
Spoiler:
So I'm re added to the game. Fine. No worries. And then I come back and Snark had decided I'm scum. Wtf? He was fine with me being town earlier and then once I vanished I become scum. I'm starting to thinking he's scum hoping for an easy lynch target.
Allons-y!

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:28 pm UTC

I was told when I replaced someone that I could. So, I'll give you the KTK mod answer and say yes .. just his.

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm UTC

K2K:
Spoiler:
I can tell by my mafia-senses, this day 1 didn't give us a ghost of an information. Then again my mafia-senses can only detect rabbits. And day 1 has ended yet!

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:44 am UTC

Unless anyone has any objections, I can move my Sailor moon mafia over to the small queue. I just have to make three adjustments to my setup. If there are no objections and the small spot is still open at 1200 Eastern, I will take that spot.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:55 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:Unless anyone has any objections, I can move my Sailor moon mafia over to the small queue. I just have to make three adjustments to my setup. If there are no objections and the small spot is still open at 1200 Eastern, I will take that spot.

Here's my objection.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

lynx

Postby lynx » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 am UTC

F11
Spoiler:
Haven't been posting here, but in case anyone is interested I'm doctor and protected NU. Hopefully that makes him confirmed town!

cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:Unless anyone has any objections, I can move my Sailor moon mafia over to the small queue. I just have to make three adjustments to my setup. If there are no objections and the small spot is still open at 1200 Eastern, I will take that spot.

If this happens and for some reason I'm not online at that time, I'd like to reserve the second Turbo queue slot! If everything plays out well, I should have a fair amount of free time to actually run a successful game for once :P

flarpfreak
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Postby flarpfreak » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:37 pm UTC

Party
Spoiler:
I just thought that party could use more spoilers. I do think this should be an interesting game though.
Wait, what?

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm UTC

K2K
Spoiler:
they want a roleclaim? hmm...I suppose I could claim to be a member of a mason group. that'll be lynx's role, and I won't say who the leader is...that might actually work. I'll have to think on it.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 pm UTC

K2K
Spoiler:
Oh hell yes (@ eculc's cult mason claim). Was I finally right about a scumtell? That... NEVER happens!
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 pm UTC

F11:
Spoiler:
1st scum choice is Adam/NU. 2nd choice is KrO2/?. 3rd choice is US/lynx. Yes I realize I've put almost every player there but I'm trying to think of it in terms of most likely scum partnerships instead of most likely scum individuals. Time will tell whether this idea is any good.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:00 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
So, I'll be replacing JSO. more to come soon (probably)

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:42 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
I don't know what Snark's thinking. I probably should be trying to take advantage of it, being scum and all, but am having trouble thinking of how. I think I'm going to try for leading a lynch on him.
K2K
Spoiler:
Well, I'm happy with this lynch. In fact, and here's my prediction, I'm going to say something like 85% chance eculc was scum. Originally I was going to say 95% because he practically claimed scum when he said he was a nithling, but then I checked the wiki. Most newniths just want to be farmers, and they fight against the Glorious Army of the Architect. That army works for the holder of the Fourth Key, which is NOT currently Arthur. And nobody else could have known that because they don't know Arthur currently only has the First Key. The newniths should be scum on or after D4, but now I'm not so sure. So that's why I bumped down the likelihood. I really should have checked this *before* deadline.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 am UTC

K2K
Spoiler:
well, sorry for losing the game lynx. I'm guessing you won't be winning anymore, anyways.

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:15 am UTC

K2K
Spoiler:
eculc, you can read these now. What were you doing?
I did my best to save you, sorry if there was anything more I could do.

To anyone who may be interested: I'm a survivor now for the half-win, as long as I can dig myself out of the hole I made by trying to protect eculc I'll hopefully be able to keep my head down.

F11
Spoiler:
What is Snark doing? To my knowledge NU is confirmed town. Is he scum trying to draw the doctor out, and have I been drawn out by posting that?
I can't read him but I wouldn't be surprised at all now if I died tonight and he turned out to be mafia with... maybe Kr, failing that Adam?

Party
Spoiler:
While I'm posting spoilers, I have no idea what's going on here. I'm VT so don't even have information in my role PM to go off!

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:19 am UTC

F11
Spoiler:
I love how the theme of the spoilers seem to be wth is snark doing. :P

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 am UTC

Party
Spoiler:
So as it stands right now, they're going to kill off the poisoner. Which is a shame, as I was rather looking forward to seeing what they'd make of the one missed kill, one double kill that'll happen if he lives. Based on the amount of speculation based around the cheese and onion crisps comments (they're sort of right but really if was just a throw away line) it should be interesting...
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:29 am UTC

Party

Spoiler:
Ok .. I'm a vanilla town, that really doesn't want to be bothered with all the goings on. I'm really not sure who is scum yet. I would say 35% sure on tim.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 am UTC

Party Mafia
Spoiler:
TheMaskedGecko wrote:The next person to attempt to treat this as a role playin or text based adventure game will have to face the consequences.

Is that Moderator Code for "Gave Mafia a day flavor writing power"? Makes the compiled list of guests interesting.

Amendment: With restrictions, of course. Cannot lie.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:00 am UTC

Party Mafia
Spoiler:
TheMaskedGecko wrote:The next person to attempt to treat this as a role playin or text based adventure game will have to face the consequences.

But it IS a role-playing game. All the players have roles. And they're playing them. :P
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:14 am UTC

ConMan wrote:

Here's my objection.

Take that!

K2K:
Spoiler:
that 5 day extension on hindsight is crazy, but anyway I hope eculc's scum.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 am UTC

F11

Spoiler:
For those following at home, they have found 1 scum. But I think the two scummates did a good job of distancing and they won't be able to pick up links. Will be interesting to see whether the doctor and scum pick the same target again! Also I was slightly unprepeared for this end of day so had to write the flavour on the go.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:19 pm UTC

K2K @lynx
Spoiler:
What I did was realized I'm shit at playing scum. DX

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:29 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
Dammit Snark. KrO2 had good incentive to claim, and didn't, which means he is probably vanilla town. Or if you are scummates like I thought, then you played that poorly. You could have at least gotten the doctor to claim. Eh, as long as no one actually thinks I'm scum for that KrO2 lynch. As far as I could tell I was the only one with a legitimate scumtell on him. Though that was before KrO2 did a really good job of defending himself...

Also, I'd be really impressed if New User is scum. Rereading his posts I became absolutely convinced that he was either town or just a really comfortable scum player.
-Adam

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
I intentionally didn't claim cop because I was hoping people would think I would have if I were scum. I don't know if it worked or not, but apparently it didn't work well enough. Also, I doubt people would have believed it anyway. The main reason, though, is that I wanted them all confused about whether a cop exists. When they see I was a Mafia Goon, it'll be the obvious assumption. Also I'm hoping they'll think Snark was my scummate and I was asking him to hammer as an attempt at distancing. Anyway, I'd be surprised if they suspect eculc for a while. Hopefully he can handle D3 well.

The reason I didn't claim doctor is simpler. I didn't think of it until too late. If I had done it several posts after being put at L-1, one of the smarter/more experienced players would probably have seen it for what it was.
K2K
Spoiler:
I protected Adam because if the nithlings are mafia I thought Adam would be their obvious target. Maybe I should have protected myself: it never said I couldn't; the role PM just said I could pick any player. And I'm sure that I'm town and I'm potentially important later. But I'd be surprised if anyone targeted me for a kill and if they do I'll be embarrassed.

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 pm UTC

Party:
Spoiler:
D1 Lynch - D1L - Tim - 4% chance that he's scum. If he was scum, his scum-mates would all have voted for me most likely. As it is, I somehow survived that lynch. I realize that town should never play like a jester, but that's the price you pay to keep people guessing.

Gargoyles:
Spoiler:
If mpolo votes with BF and I, we win. That would be so amazing to come back after losing a teammate D1. *fingers crossed* Also, I bet DBC is absolutely horrified that people aren't lynching BF. It makes more sense for BF to be a type of godfather leading a mason group then it does to have two mason groups imo.

F11:
Spoiler:
I sure hope KrO2 comes back scum. If he's town and they mislynch me tomorrow, that'll be the game unless the doctor (assuming we have one) gets lucky again. I think we have a cop in play or KrO2 is town. If he was scum, he'd have falseclaimed cop to get out of the lynch for a day. I think.

K2K:
Spoiler:
Hope I get culted or NK'd. This is usually my goal when I'm VT. Yes I know I should prefer for the NKs to hit opposing anti-town factions, but I'm not even sure those exist.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:33 am UTC

Party Mafia:
Spoiler:
Action: Stop being a gorram wimp and emerge from behind the contained foliage.

Return to “Mafia”